Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Ladies Know Your Limit - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Know Your Limit (26530 Views)

Why Marry When You Know Your Libido Is Low???? / FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother / Know Your Angels And See How They Can Be Of Help To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by LorDBolton(m): 8:31am On Nov 15, 2016
Acidosis:

You need to train your mind. Its too shallow for an "exposed" person that can't read in between the line.

Read the above, you'll see the need to get a mind trainer for yourself, and for other folks, I refused to give my attention to.

Like I said you're not exposed @ all...

Actually I'm not surprised considering the ignorance and stupidity I see on display here daily.
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by freecocoa(f): 8:49am On Nov 15, 2016
While the OP may sound ungrateful, I think it is only reasonable that he be a tad bit mad at the outcome of things.

Whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well at the end of the day.

Since your sister decided say na olosho sure pass, she should have been smart about it and since your family accepted the money gladly, you don't really get to complain now, this is the time to pay her back for her sacrifices, finally if we are being totally honest, biko the sister may have helped her family but they weren't the sole purpose of her decision.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by freecocoa(f): 8:57am On Nov 15, 2016
quivah:
this acidosis has some big issues!!!

He is just being rational.

She made sacrifices ofcourse but she was thinking of herself too, so let's not pretend we don't understand that.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2016
This is a cut-and-dried case -- your sister is a HEROINE, a SUPERWOMAN, seeing as she was the workhorse and brains behind your family making it out of the backwaters of poverty.

And this is how you choose to repay her? It's not your fault, you probably never worked a day in your life because you were sailing on the ship of comfort which her hard-earned money afforded you, no wonder you can run your mouth like a broken tap. What a self-righteous and immature ingrate!

As EfemenaXY said, is sexual intercourse the only way one can contract HIV?

Even if she did prostitute herself for money and contracted AIDS through unprotected sex, someone who is inherently noble at heart, knowing fully well that he also benefited from the ‘blood money’, would not bring up such an issue on social media to provide cheap entertainment for people who do not even give a tuppence about neither he nor his sister. Indeed, wisdom is priceless.

You have sinned! You had better ask God for forgiveness.

And as for all those prodding his sister with a ten-foot pole of scorn and reproach, kindly see a therapist to cure you of your mental misfirings; there's obviously a gremlin clogging the machineries of your wits.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by xamster(m): 9:32am On Nov 15, 2016
baby124:
Can you imagine this OP, your sister scrificed her life for even your mother who should have been the one hustling. And you come here to say she should have known her limit abi? Kai!!!! Poor woman! She should have just helped herself and left you there. So you can be an agbero and primary school dropout.

At least you will have come on NL screaming in pain that you don't have house to live or food to eat. You said she played God abi? Very good. See human? If she sees this nonsense from you, poor thing will cry her eyes out. All her efforts are a big waste! If you are a man you should dig a grave and bury yourself out of shame. I hope your sister finds love and peace. And that she lives a long and productive life to shame ungrateful creatures like you.
so annoying i must say. I wonder what age the Op is? What a sissy and ungrateful being he is.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by nowpresence(f): 9:33am On Nov 15, 2016
Caracta:

Asked the OP to clarify. Title and presentation is just off IMHO. And I still don't get the limits part. May our loyalty not be tested (or how did BRF say it again?)
The limit part is when you do more than your best.
You do the little you can and leave the rest for God.

Though it wasn't stated in the piece written by the op, I am not sure she even went to university and even got married. But she could sponsor a wedding ceremony for a grown up man. She sponsor her siblings to school (not saying it was wrong) but she gave what she could not give to herself. Or maybe she thought she did not deserve the good life as well.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 15, 2016
freecocoa:

She made sacrifices ofcourse but she was thinking of herself too, so let's not pretend we don't understand that.

We should grow worried sick if someone doesn't think of him-herself. It's normal if someone does. Shakespeare once said that the only thing more vile than self-love is self-neglect. Game theory also says that self-interest is reliably a driving factor in human behaviour. We are innately selfish as humans, self-interest(s) just need to be balanced with public-spiritedness.

The woman in question seemed to have struck a perfect symmetry with her own interests and the interests of her family. Other people would have skedaddled and not taken care of their families or even have anything to do with them. We have many of them playing hide and seek with cops and immigration officers overseas.

Are you of the opinion that “she shouldn't have played God”, or whatever nonsense the OP dreamed up from the cesspits of ingratitude?

Or are you of the opinion that she should be venerated and praised?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by freecocoa(f): 9:46am On Nov 15, 2016
DarkRebel101:

We should grow worried sick if someone doesn't think of him-herself. It's normal if someone does. Shakespeare once said that the only thing more vile than self-love is self-neglect. Game theory also says that self-interests are reliably a driving factor in human behaviour. We are innately selfish as humans, self-interest(s) just need to be balanced with public-spiritedness.

The dead woman in question seemed to have struck a perfect symmetry with her own interests and the interests of her family. Other people would have skedaddled and not taken care of their families or even have anything to do with them. We have many of them playing hide and seek with cops and immigration officers overseas.

Are you of the opinion that “she shouldn't have played God”, or whatever nonsense the OP dreamed up from the cesspits of ingratitude?

Or are you of the opinion that she should be venerated and praised?
My dear, I will not praise anyone who decides to sell their bodies, for personal reasons, neither will I condemn anyone in the same vein.

My stance is that, it is reasonable that the OP be mad at how things turned out, because if that was my sister, I wouldn't be proud she be olosho, let alone about the Aids , nor will I be happy, so I understand his/her point of suggesting that it is only wise to think things through before venturing into them.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by teeghurl(f): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2016
LorDBolton:

Azzin i'm stupified by this page I had to save it.

I expect it from strangers or friends but family?

The mother failed them to be honest, I keep looking at the moniker to understand how a supposed "doctor" who should be soo knowledgeable post such.

Isn't he / she also trying to play GOD by healing sick patients who could die if he/she messes up?

I smh 4 the Op
It's really sad i tell you but that's d reality of life
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 15, 2016
freecocoa:
My dear, I will not praise anyone who decides to sell their bodies, for personal reasons, neither will I condemn anyone in the same vein.

For what personal reasons? And we are not sure his sister whorëd herself out, it's mere speculation.

How many married female Nlanders can say they never had sex before marriage? And how many unmarried female Nlanders can say they do not have regular sex even though they are not married?

Siince we are now talking about morality then how are those married and unmarried female Nlanders any different from a woman who sleeps for money in order to cater for her family? At least the latter was necessitated by dire circumstances. Morality is subjective, Cocoa.

My stance is that, it is reasonable that the OP be mad at how things turned out, because if that was my sister, I wouldn't be proud she be olosho, let alone about the Aids , nor will I be happy

As I said before, we aren't certain she contracted AIDS via unprotected sex.

Is it also reasonable that the OP enjoyed the sweat of her labour, and waited until she contracted AIDS before he began sermonizing about the moral turpitude that his sister was guilty of?

Why did he not speak before it happened and caution her if he suspected something off-kitler about her source of income?

Because Pilate washed his hands before ordering Jesus' execution, does that make him any less guilty? OP is just as guilty as he claims his sister is. Criminality comes in two forms: action and inaction. Silence falls under the category of inaction, and that, dear, is what OP is/was guilty of.

so I understand his/her point of suggesting that it is only wise to think things through before venturing into them.

You are being insensitive, Cocoa; and OP's comments are tinged with hindsight bias.

Who thinks things through when he-she hasn't eaten for days? Or when one feels so hopeless and uncertain about the future? Very few people have the mental discipline to remain objective in such dire straits.

Life is a chaotic maelstrom and can be compared to the flipping of a coin; you can't predict whether you would get heads or whether you would get tails. 'Tis why hardwork doesn't guarantee success. Almost everything is hinged on chance and luck.

The point is, it could have turned out differently for his sister and he wouldn't be here making this cöck-a-doodle-doo of ingratitude, but now that things turned out differently, a mature fellow would have accepted it and chosen to see the good that at least came from his sister's indiscretions; rather he's on social media trying to rubbish his sister.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Mathemagician1(m): 10:40am On Nov 15, 2016
With posts like this, I'm beginning to see prostitutes differently. Most of them do it, not because they like to but because it's the only option open to them. An 8-5 job can only do so little and there's so much to be done.

To all the girls out there prostituting for a good cause, I pray that God shows you mercy and open new doors for you.

OP is definitely an ungrateful a**hole.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 15, 2016
@OP, what has the title got to do with this story? What your sister did for you and your siblings in VERY RARE. Why didn't you title it: LIFE OF MY SISTER WHO WAS A PROSTITUTE....Arggghhhhhhh. You deserve one dirty slap boy! what's your purpose of sharing this story with such insultive ending? You sound more like an ingrate to me. Am saying that without any apology...May God forgive you for disrespecting that lady...

drbolade:
Last weekend we Celebrated mumssie in her 4 bedroom bungalow built by our first born to mark her 70th birthday; nice music, good food, nice wine etc. and I look at some years back when things were extremely difficult. I lost my dad when I was in primary 2 age 7yrs, our first born was in his final year in university.

Things were extremely difficult and that was how my sister comes in a dad figure.I can not mentioned all her good deed towards the family but let me just site some instances.

My sister single handedly sponsor our second born wedding, she sponsor our third born through university and on many occasion she used to feed the family. We used to called her mother Theresa.

Unfortunately some years back she was diagnosed of HIV yeah you heard me right and she became the ghost of her former self. Now to the glory of God everybody is doing fine and I keep thinking who knows if my sister did not try to play god probably everybody would have eventually turn out good though things might even be more difficult then. Though we are still one big happy family despite her status but how i wish...

Ladies please don't play God over your siblings do your best not at your own expense

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by buffalowings: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2016
dahmie2013:
Op, I believe ur sister can be healed by d healing power of God. Pls can u buy dis book 4 her by Pst Mrs Faith Oyedepo, Rescued 4rm Destruction and the Healing Balm by Bishop Oyedepo. Let me share some steps 2 arriving @ dat miracle 2 u, I use dem & it works like magic.
1. Look 4 testimonies of ppl who have got healed 4rm HIV, take d steps dey took. Testimonies are boosters of faith.
2. Look 4 minimum 2 books on Healing.
3. Minimum 5 scriptures on Healing.
4. Begin 2 engage in prayers 4 d healing manifestation by schedule of every 2hrs or 1hr daily or @ night.
5. Check out d signs by going 4 test till u see HIV negative.
6. Begin 2 declare d reality of d healing, she should never say "I have HIV", remember life & death are in d power of d tongue.
7. Begin 2 celebrate God 4 d healing, even when u go 4 a test & it reads positive, dance round d result, cos dats d last positive result u will get. Remember, Faith is d substance of things hoped 4, d evidence of things not seen.
It is not time 2 judge her, but what we should be looking 4ward 2 are solutions 2 d problem. If it were any of my siblings, I will not rest until I see her healed.

Who are the motherfuckers that liked this post?
Somehow

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by streetzdreamz(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2016
ladies know your limits, saw the headline and I knew it would be riddled with a very useless writeup, op i can't seem to find the best adjective to describe you, to start with you have no single iota of shame left within you, bringing your family issue out for others to call your sister names, am just glad most comments here are against you, they saw u as the douchebag you are, its your type that gets help from ladies and later dumps em, telling em u never asked for their help, yet you enjoyed every bit of it, you should cover your head in shame, you have no single reason to judge her, it would have been better if you didn't benefit from her actions, you ate the cake,licked your fingers then spat right at the face that fed u, and to think this fellow is your blood,I give up on humans!!

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 11:56am On Nov 15, 2016
freecocoa:

As in ehn, I've decided to ignore some mentions here.

You know Nigerians and their "I'm working for you" mentality . Even those who engage in rituals, and drive posh cars will always claim they're working for their children.

To even think this matter is a sister-sister relationship makes it easy to comprehend. I could walk into my brother's home, empty his store, pot of soup, and walk out without saying a "thank you". A lot of persons here don't even remember saying thank you to their parents for paying their school fees. It doesn't mean we don't appreciate their efforts. We only remember to show great appreciation when we receive gifts from strangers.

That OP has decided to not talk about her good deeds toward her sister (e.g. medical counselling, drugs, etc.) doesn't mean she's heartless.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by freecocoa(f): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
DarkRebel101:

For what personal reasons? And we are not sure his sister whorëd herself out, it's mere speculation.

How many married female Nlanders can say they never had sex before marriage? And how many unmarried female Nlanders can say they do not have regular sex even though they are not married?

Siince we are now talking about morality then how are those married and unmarried female Nlanders any different from a woman who sleeps for money in order to cater for her family? At least the latter was necessitated by dire circumstances. Morality is subjective, Cocoa.

As I said before, we aren't certain she contracted AIDS via unprotected sex.

Is it also reasonable that the OP enjoyed the sweat of her labour, and waited until after her death before he began sermonizing about the moral turpitude that his sister was guilty of?

Why did he not speak while she was still alive and caution her if he suspected something off-kitler about her source of income?

Because Pilate washed his hands before ordering Jesus' execution, does that make him any less guilty? OP is just as guilty as he claims his sister is. Criminality comes in two forms: action and inaction. Silence falls under the category of inaction, and that, dear, is what OP is/was guilty of.

You are being insensitive, Cocoa; and OP's comments are tinged with hindsight bias.

Who thinks things through when he-she hasn't eaten for days? Or when one feels so hopeless and uncertain about the future? Very few people have the mental discipline to remain objective in such dire straits.

Life is a chaotic maelstrom and can be compared to the flipping of a coin; you can't predict whether you would get heads or whether you would get tails. 'Tis why hardwork doesn't guarantee success. Almost everything is hinged on chance and luck.

The point is, it could have turned out differently for his sister and he wouldn't be here making this cöck-a-doodle-doo of ingratitude, but now that things turned out differently, a mature fellow would have accepted it and chosen to see the good that at least came from his sister's indiscretions; rather he's on social media trying rubbish his sister's legacy.

I mean, who comes online to tarnish the image of his DEAD sister? That's just debased, Cocoa.
Oboy you need tto take the epistle down a notch , there's barely time to do anything these days. undecided

We don't need to speculate to get what the OP was saying as to how she contracted Aids, anyone living in the real word knows what's up, reading the OP. Having said that, the personal reasons are that prostitution is about the most demeaning job ever and the other is that, morality is subjective, ergo, who am I to say don't do what you decide? So you see, I'm not judging the sister based on her morality, I just believe that as a person, whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well to avoid regrets.

Aids and a life of regret is what she got out of her decision to help herself and family so she should live with that, no sentiments from my side, that is just what it is.

You don't know that she wasn't cautioned, then there's the fact that you will always have to suffer the consequences of your actions, so the onus is on the sister to know that and act in accordance. I would be towing your line of thought if the family had called for a meeting, mandating the sister to prostitute herself for them(even then sef, the decision remains hers) but this is something she did out of her own freewill, expecting everyone to sing her praises is just preposterous as far as I'm concerned. As for the OP eating out of the wealth acquired, I don't know how it is unreasonable to accept gifts, unless you know the are stolen, this doesn't change the fact that calling her sister's actions what it is, is within reason.

Yes Pilate wasn't guilty because he wasn't a part of it, it was not his sole place to determine that jesus not be killed and since he didn't want to be part of the killers, he washed his hands off it, he is very very innocent in that regard.

Very good, if things had turned out differently this wouldn't be the outcome, this only goes to show you that your actions and what follows afterwards are entwined so choose wisely, I don't get why it's difficult to see that the OP's words are as a result of her actions, very simple. As an emotional human with feelings, I feel sorry that the OP's sister found hers where she landed but as an unbiased logical person, I also understand where the OP's coming from.

There's really no issue here, and I thought the sister is still alive.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by freecocoa(f): 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
Acidosis:

As in ehn, I've decided to ignore some mentions here.

You know Nigerians and their "I'm working for you" mentality . Even those who engage in rituals, and drive posh cars will always claim they're working for their children.

To even think this matter is a sister-sister relationship makes it easy to comprehend. I could walk into my brother's home, empty his store, pot of soup, and walk out without saying a "thank you". A lot of persons here don't even remember saying thank you to their parents for paying their school fees. It doesn't mean we don't appreciate their efforts. We only remember to show great appreciation when we receive gifts from strangers.

That OP has decided to not talk about her good deeds toward her sister (e.g. medical counselling, drugs, etc.) doesn't mean she's heartless.
Lol, I know what you mean my dear, in nigeria gifts/emotions cloud reason but not all of us can't separate our emotions.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by laykhorn(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
drbolade:
Last weekend we Celebrated mumssie in her 4 bedroom bungalow built by our first born to mark her 70th birthday; nice music, good food, nice wine etc. and I look at some years back when things were extremely difficult. I lost my dad when I was in primary 2 age 7yrs, our first born was in his final year in university.

Things were extremely difficult and that was how my sister comes in a dad figure.I can not mentioned all her good deed towards the family but let me just site some instances.

My sister single handedly sponsor our second born wedding, she sponsor our third born through university and on many occasion she used to feed the family. We used to called her mother Theresa.

Unfortunately some years back she was diagnosed of HIV yeah you heard me right and she became the ghost of her former self. Now to the glory of God everybody is doing fine and I keep thinking who knows if my sister did not try to play god probably everybody would have eventually turn out good though things might even be more difficult then. Though we are still one big happy family despite her status but how i wish...
!
Ladies please don't play God over your siblings do your best not at your own expense

Bullshit!

You just got me enraged with your ungrateful empty outburst. All that for you and thats the sh.it you can come up with.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
laykhorn:

Bullshit!

You just got me enraged with your ungrateful empty outburst. All that for you and thats the sh.it you can come up with.

Don't mind the dork and all those trying to spin it on his sister. It's how you know mumu, naïve ajebutters who haven't seen life in its rawest form.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
freecocoa:
Oboy you need tto take the epistle down a notch , there's barely time to do anything these days. undecided

It's not epistle. You are just a lazy reader. Besides, this your reply is lengthier than mine.

We don't need to speculate to get what the OP was saying as to how she contracted Aids, anyone living in the real word knows what's up, reading the OP

Everybody living in the real world must be laboratory rëtards if they think unprotected sex is the only way one can get HIV. Abase your lance and accept we don't have enough information to say for sure that she contracted AIDS from sex. Do that and stop guesstimating.

Having said that, the personal reasons are that prostitution is about the most demeaning job ever and the other is that, morality is subjective, ergo, who am I to say don't do what you decide? So you see, I'm not judging the sister based on her morality, I just believe that as a person, whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well to avoid regrets.

There's no need for this. Unless we are cocksure that she caught AIDS via unprotected sex, then it would be inutile dwelling on counterfactuals.

Aids and a life of regret is what she got out of her decision to help herself and family so she should live with that, no sentiments from my side, that is just what it is.

My previous comment applies to this as well. We shouldn't dwell on counterfactuals.

You don't know that she wasn't cautioned, then there's the fact that you will always have to suffer the consequences of your actions, so the onus is on the sister to know that and act in accordance. I would be towing your line of thought if the family had called for a meeting, mandating the sister to prostitute herself for them(even then sef, the decision remains hers) but this is something she did out of her own freewill, expecting everyone to sing her praises is just preposterous as far as I'm concerned. As for the OP eating out of the wealth acquired, I don't know how it is unreasonable to accept gifts, unless you know the are stolen, this doesn't change the fact that calling her sister's actions what it is, is within reason.

You also don't know that she was cautioned, neither do you know she contracted AIDS via unprotected sex.

If she was cautioned, I'm sure the OP would have included that bit of information in his post.

Yes Pilate wasn't guilty because he wasn't a part of it, it was not his sole place to determine that jesus not be killed and since he didn't want to be part of the killers, he washed his hands off it, he is very very innocent in that regard.

Such diarrhea of the mouth.

Pilate was the prefect of the Roman province of Judaea. The Sanhedrin didn't have the power to sentence criminals to death; only Pilate could, and that was why they brought Jesus before him. If he had not graced their cravings with an imprimatur, Jesus would have walked free and they couldn't have done anything.

Pilate sentenced Christ to death and washing his hands did not exonerate him from his crime. It's just like a judge washing his hands before sentencing a criminal to death. What sense does that make and what does that change? Absolutely nothing.

Very good, if things had turned out differently this wouldn't be the outcome, this only goes to show you that your actions and what follows afterwards are entwined so choose wisely, I don't get why it's difficult to see that the OP's words are as a result of her actions, very simple. As an emotional human with feelings, I feel sorry that the OP's sister found hers where she landed but as an unbiased logical person, I also understand where the OP's coming from.

Please, you're not being rational here. There's no need to further the argument.

There's really no issue here, and I thought the sister is still alive.??

My bad, I read in a haste and thought she was dead.

And there's an issue here. The issue is that an ungrateful, overgrown baby spouted thrash about his sister and people who are unaware of the nuances and facts about the issue were quick-whirr in joining him in giving her the rough edge of the pineapple. I sincerely hope his sister stumbles upon this thread and sees all the things her ungrateful brother and Nairaland's ragtag band of holier-than-thou puritans have said about her.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
freecocoa:
Lol, I know what you mean my dear, in nigeria gifts/emotions cloud reason but not all of us can't separate our emotions.

A human being can never be separated from his emotions -- even clinical psychopaths; and sometimes emotions trump logic.

If you hope to get married some day and have kids then that's because you are moved by your emotions. If you try to use logic, you would find that it is somewhat a burden to commit yourself to one person for life or have kids who would pester the life out of you. Plus that would mean extra mouths to feed and more stress for you. Logic would suggest you do otherwise and save yourself from stress.

Also, you risk getting married to a man who would turn you into a punching bag, rāpe you when you deny him sex, and also you might have to endure the heartaches of a divorce. Logic would suggest you don't get married at all so as to prevent such misfortune from befalling you, but I'm sure you would lean toward your emotions anyway.

If you also have a bf, it's because you caved in to your emotions, not logic. Your bf could end up cheating, and God help you if he doesn't use a condóm, that means you are at risk of contracting STDs. Logic would suggest you do otherwise but yet one still chooses to have a Bf

Stop trying to rationalize an obviously askew opinion and learn to admit when you are in the wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by freecocoa(f): 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
DarkRebel101:

A human being can never be separated from his emotions -- even clinical psychopaths; and sometimes emotions trump logic.

If you hope to get married some day and have kids then that's because you are moved by your emotions. If you try to use logic, you would find that it is somewhat a burden to commit yourself to one person for life or have kids who would pester the life out of you. Plus that would mean extra mouths to feed and more stress for you. Logic would suggest you do otherwise and save yourself from stress.

Also, you risk getting married to a man who would turn you into a punching bag, rāpe you when you deny him sex, and also you might have to endure the heartaches of a divorce. Logic would suggest you don't get married at all so as to prevent such misfortune from befalling you, but I'm sure you would lean toward your emotions anyway.

If you also have a bf, it's because you caved in to your emotions, not logic. Your bf could end up cheating, and God help you if he doesn't use a condóm, that means you are at risk of contracting STDs. Logic would suggest you do otherwise but yet one still chooses to have a Bf

Stop trying to rationalize an obviously askew opinion and learn to admit when you are in the wrong.
Dude seriously? Could it be we have a different understanding of logic?

And where do you stand to authoritatively declare that I'm in the wrong? you are even advising me to learn to admit when I'm in the wrong, chai! grin

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
DarkRebel101:

So true!

People take pride in being all rational nowadays forgetting that even pride itself is a feeling. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
freecocoa:
Dude seriously? Could it be we have a different understanding of logic?

Maybe we do, but I'm sure the analogies proffered in my previous post were not wide of the mark.

“Thus the philosopher abhors marriage ... - marriage being a hindrance and calamity on his path to the optimum. What great philosopher hitherto has been married?
Heraclitus, Plato, Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Kant, Schopenhauer - they were not; more, one cannot even imagine them married. A married philosopher belongs in comedy, that is my proposition - and as for that exception, Socrates - the malicious Socrates, it would seem, married ironically, just to demonstrate this proposition.”
Nietzsche

And where do you stand to authoritatively declare that I'm in the wrong? you are even advising me to learn to admit when I'm in the wrong, chai! grin

Urgggg, because I know that you are wrong, and being well acquainted with your designs, I also know you would never yield even with a 30-30 pointed at your head. tongue

You're trying to use logic to approach a matter that is not mathematics or philosophy. That can never work out. This is an emotional matter; and you and your ilk are apparently lacking in empathy. Only one with empathy can understand that OP is fifty shades of wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
[...]
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
Mindfulness:

So true!

People take pride in being all rational nowadays forgetting that even pride itself is a feeling. grin

Don't mind them, yet they forget even the will to live arises from the depths of human emotion.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Don't mind them, yet they forget even the will to live arises from the depths of human emotion.

I have not read the other contributions. I saw this line because I am following you and I liked it. Everything we do is because we want to feel positive emotions. Logic is used by many - provided they can think logically grin - as a means, the good emotion is always the end. wink

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by freecocoa(f): 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
DarkRebel101:

It's not epistle. You are just a lazy reader. Besides, this your reply is lengthier than mine.

Everybody living in the real world must be laboratory rëtards if they think unprotected sex is the only way one can get HIV. Abase your lance and accept we don't have enough information to say for sure that she contracted AIDS from sex. Do that and stop guesstimating.

There's no need for this. Unless we are cocksure that she caught AIDS via unprotected sex, then it would be inutile dwelling on counterfactuals.

My previous comment applies to this as well. We shouldn't dwell on counterfactuals.

You also don't know that she was cautioned, neither do you know she contracted AIDS via unprotected sex.

If she was cautioned, I'm sure the OP would have included that bit of information in his post.

Such diarrhea of the mouth.

Pilate was the prefect of the Roman province of Judaea. The Sanhedrin didn't have the power to sentence criminals to death; only Pilate could, and that was why they brought Jesus before him. If he had not graced their cravings with an imprimatur, Jesus would have walked free and they couldn't have done anything.

Pilate sentenced Christ to death and washing his hands did not exonerate him from his crime. It's just like a judge washing his hands before sentencing a criminal to death. What sense does that make and what does that change? Absolutely nothing.

Please, you're not being rational here. There's no need to further the argument.

My bad, I read in a haste and thought she was dead.

And there's an issue here. The issue is that an ungrateful, overgrown baby spouted thrash about his sister and people who are unaware of the nuances and facts about the issue were quick-whirr in joining him in giving her the rough edge of the pineapple. I sincerely hope his sister stumbles upon this thread and sees all the things her ungrateful brother and Nairaland's ragtag band of holier-than-thou puritans have said about her.
You may want to watch your tone and words as there's no need to call names or be so condescending, "diarrhea of the mouth" really?

I'm a lazy reader because there's a law that says I must read everything at anytime regardless? what do you know about my reading habit to have an opinion about it? Perhaps if I hadn't responded to your epistle in accordance because we are cordial, you know,maybe tell you I can't because it's long and I'm busy, that would have made more sense, my bad, correction taken.

Well, people in the real world know what's obtainable, Ofcourse sex is not the only way to contract HIV but one of the most common way if not the most, but yea, we don't know that she got it from her hustle so let's leave it alone

I don't care for bible stories, at the end it makes no sense to me so no need, but as regards the judge sentencing a criminal and washing his hands off, if a criminal is guilty of a crime, it is required by the law that the judge sentences him, now when the judge does, you don't hold him responsible, but the law. Ask yourself if jesus was responsible or not? That's about it.

I'm not being rational because I'm of the opinion that your actions can determine outcome of events, oh! please excuse me.

Well I don't only see an ingrate, I saw a rational person who knows that prostitution is one of the ways to contract Aids and is telling people to be more careful, how she contracted Aids is another story all together but can one get aids from prostitution? Yes, did his sister get aids? Yes, was she a prostitute? Yes, simple.

I don't want to be bothered about his relationship with his sister because I know for a fact that one can love their sibling but would also speak the truth, not minding whose ox is gored.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Phi001(m): 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
oglalasioux:
Are you not insulting your sister's sacrifice for you?

If you are insinuating that she had to be a flirt to help the family please rethink and be grateful she made that decision.

Are you a Christian?

Have you heard of Jael and Sisera?

Read Judges 4.

And don't be deceived by the Bible saying it was milk and water Jael gave Sisera. It was sex. Old Jewish records have that evidence.

Jewish girls used sex to save a lot of people during world war 2.

Don't be ungrateful.
So what's your point?
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by freecocoa(f): 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Maybe we do, but I'm sure the analogies proffered in my previous post were not wide of the mark.

“Thus the philosopher abhors marriage ... - marriage being a hindrance and calamity on his path to the optimum. What great philosopher hitherto has been married?
Heraclitus, Plato, Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Kant, Schopenhauer - they were not; more, one cannot even imagine them married. A married philosopher belongs in comedy, that is my proposition - and as for that exception, Socrates - the malicious Socrates, it would seem, married ironically, just to demonstrate this proposition.”
Nietzsche

Urgggg, because I know that you are wrong, and being well acquainted with your designs, I know you would never yield even with a 30-30 pointed at your head. tongue

You're trying to use logic to approach a matter that is not mathematics or philosophy. That can never work out. This is an emotional matter; and you and your ilk are apparently lacking in empathy. Only one with empathy can make understand that OP is fifty shades of wrong.
You don't know squat, if you don't know that you need to prove me wrong, to conclude I am wrong.

Again I don't see how that quote automatically proclaim you right, can a person be married devoid of all you cited? yes and that's all you need to know to understand that, logic can always be applied.

I'm lacking in empathy because I agree that the lady could have taken a different part? If yes, empathy be damned.

I told you I'm not looking at the emotional story of how she slaved for her family alone, if you want to help her carry the Aids because you are so empathetic, I'm sure you know what to do, you can't force me to cry when there's no need for me to.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
freecocoa:
You don't know squat, if you don't know that you need to prove me wrong, to conclude I am wrong.

You are being unnecessarily belligerent.

Arguments are for the sake of bringing illumination to the mind, and not to erect walls of animosity. Quite ironical you claim you live in a fortress of logic, yet I can deduce your replies to my posts are emotionally-tinged. Do you deny that you aren't riled up at the moment?

I already proved you wrong, I did that in my previous posts where I made a case for OP's sister. A little backtracking on your part would suffice as I do not feel inclined to repeat myself.

Again I don't see how that quote automatically proclaim you right, can a person be married devoid of all you cited? yes and that's all you need to know to understand that, logic can always be applied.

The post proclaims me right and anyone with a decent level of intelligence would agree as well. No offense.

The quotation in my previous post showed you how even the most logical people on earth – the philosophers – chose not to marry; it also shored up my earlier assertion that to marry is to succumb to one's emotions, and that no man-woman can truly be divorced of his-her emotions.

Logic can be applied in matters of love and relationships in that we use logic in trying to figure out if a man or a woman is right for us, but it – logic – takes a backseat to the whims of emotions. Why do you think two people who are deeply in love but who share the same AS blood type would still go ahead to marry, despite the risk of birthing a child with SS blood type?

Relationships are usually 20% logic and 80% emotions. Deny it all you want but in your hearts of hearts I know you know that it is true.

I'm lacking in empathy because I agree that the lady could have taken a different part? If yes, empathy be damned.

What different path could she have taken? Please tell us. Our ears are not taxi doors, so please, speak.

Your entire argument is anchored on speculation that she contracted AIDS because she was spreading her legs for every Tom, Dick and Barry. Why not stretch your imagination a bit in order to accommodate other reasons as to why she got infected with HIV?

I told you I'm not looking at the emotional story of how she slaved for her family alone, if you want to help her carry the Aids because you are so empathetic, I'm sure you know what to do, you can't force me to cry when there's no need for me to.

You are talking bollocks, woman. If you are so much of the logical supercomputer you think you are, you would be sussing out hard facts rather than making assumptions.

Facts are after all a logician's tool. You have no real facts; you don't know whether she contracted AIDS via unprotected sex yet you assumed that she did -- it seems to me that you are contradicting yourself. You say you are approaching the subject with logic, yet the manner in which you are approaching it is anything but logical.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by freecocoa(f): 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
DarkRebel101:

You are being unnecessarily belligerent.

Arguments are for the sake of bringing illumination to the mind, and not to erect walls of animosity. Quite ironical you claim you live in a fortress of logic, yet I can deduce your replies to my posts are emotionally-tinged. Do you deny that you aren't riled up at the moment?

I already proved you wrong, I did that in my previous posts where I made a case for OP's sister. A little backtracking on your part would suffice as I do not feel inclined to repeat myself.

The post proclaims me right and anyone with a decent level of intelligence would agree as well. No offense.

The quotation in my previous post showed you how even the most logical people on earth – the philosophers – chose not to marry; it also shored up my earlier assertion that to marry is to succumb to one's emotions, and that no man-woman can truly be divorced of his-her emotions.

Logic can be applied in matters of love and relationships in that we use logic in trying to figure out if a man or a woman is right for us, but it – logic – takes a backseat to the whims of emotions. Why do you think two people who are deeply in love but who share the same AS blood type would still go ahead to marry, despite the risk of birthing a child with SS blood type?

Relationships are usually 20% logic and 80% emotions. Deny it all you want but in your hearts of hearts I know you know that it is true.

What different path could she have taken? Please tell us. Our ears are not taxi doors, so please, speak.

Your entire argument is anchored on speculation that she contracted AIDS before she was spreading her legs for every Tom, Dick and Barry. Why not stretch your imagination a bit in order to accommodate other reasons as to why she got infected with HIV?

You are talking bollocks, woman. If you are so much of the logical supercomputer you think you are, you would be sussing out hard facts rather than making assumptions.

Facts are after all a logician's tool. You have no real facts; you don't know whether she contracted AIDS via unprotected sex yet you assumed that she did -- it seems to me that you are contradicting yourself. You say you are approaching the subject with logic, yet the manner in which you are approaching it is anything but logical.
You know for someone who claims to be intelligent you sound rather stupid for calling me unnecessarily belligerent, when you can't even give me one single reason to accept your points as facts.

You talk of me not having facts like it isn't one that people get aids from prostitution, like it isn't also one that the OP's sister had aids and was a prostitute, what other fact do I need? Can you prove that the OP's sister didn't get HIV via her job? So why are you vexing that I can see it happening? Whether that's what happened is not an issue here, the issue is that it can happen, very straightforward something.

You have proven nothing, till you prove that one can't get aids from prostitution.

How and why you dragged to marry into the matter is even another thing, as if you can say that all marriages are based on emotions as you choose to call it, hian o!

She could've have done other jobs, any other thing you want to think of, that's what taking another part means.

The reason two people with As would marry is because they are stupid, period.

I am not assuming she got Aids from prostitution, I am hammering on the fact that aids can be gotten from prostitution, I have since dropped assuming we know how she got aids, go figure.

Btw, I am not riled up, I see and call your post like it is, just like a reasonable person would. You on the other hand want me to feel sorry for a person where there is no need to, says a lot about your ability to put two and two together, smh.

I'm done talking about this anyways, it's of no importance to me.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olatunbosun Adopts Baby, Amiyah Jenn, Abandoned By Her Dad In US (Pics) / Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend / Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.