Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice (41330 Views)

GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State / Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Official / The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by abduljabbar4(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:

This is a fat lie and obviously another avenue to get govt subsidy to buy non existing rice for storage.

China with larger landmass a with rice as a staple food does not even smell that rubbish you guys are circulating.

Abi una sabi farm rice pass China?

Who should I believe? An ipob member who believes in unimaginable things or thenation?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Who should I believe? An ipob member who believes in unimaginable things or thenation?

Why should I take a serial taqiyya agent seriously?

12 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by mightyhazel: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
grin
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

The worlds leading rice producer is China with just an annual turnover of 144,000 tonnes

Why must these people always lie?

chai ,..see busting!

U be busta douglas??

5 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
mightyhazel:
grin chai ,..see busting!

U be busta douglas??

At one million tonnes that means Kebbi produced a billion kilograms of rice and at 50kg a bag that means they produced a Whooping 20 million bags of rice.

This is a fat lie.

13 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
abduljabbar4 , why u run?

Agent liar

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by mightyhazel: 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:

At one million tonnes that means Kebbi produced a billion kilograms of rice and at 50kg a bag that means they produced a Whooping 20 million bags of rice.

This is a fat lie.
I really don't get it? These lies are they meant to make us momentarily happy at the expense of reality or what exactly??

The problem is that the lies are always outrageous and somtimes v annoying,...when the true situation on ground says the exact opposite!

7 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
mightyhazel:
I really don't get it? These lies are they meant to make us momentarily happy at the expense of reality or what exactly??

The problem is that the lies are always outrageous and somtimes v annoying,...when the true situation on ground says the exact opposite!

Kebbi state govt stands to profit from this lie as the FG through the ministry of Agric will buy a percentage of the said production yield to store in strategic silos that dot the north.

The ministry of Agric will simply pay for no existing rice to a cartel of big rice farmers .

This is another scam which the northern elite have been feeding fat on for years.

How come at 20million bags of rice produced as they claimed with their fictitious 1million tonne output the price of locally produced rice (which is always more expensive than imported rice) is yet to crash or flood the market?

This is just another fraud in the making to which the corrupt Buhari govt will simply accede to.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by abduljabbar4(m): 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:
abduljabbar4 , why u run?

Agent liar

Check my response to the other guy and find your answer

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Abagworo(m): 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:

This is a fat lie.

It might be 1000 tonnes
Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by rusher14: 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

The worlds leading rice producer is China with just an annual turnover of 144,000 tonnes

144 million metric tonnes for China.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by gbnet(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2016
Nigeria consumes nothing less than 5million tonnes annually, that's about 100m bags of rice.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Doyin2(m): 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

OP should we pity your condition?

The figures quoted are in thousands of tonnes,implying that China produces 144,000,000 tonnes and not 144,000 tonnes!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
Doyin2:

OP should we pity your condition?

The figures quoted are in thousands of tonnes,implying that China produces 144,000,000 tonnes and not 144,000 tonnes!

Ok. Even at that 1 million tones is still a billion kg .

Where are the 20million bags of rice that you will get from a million tonnes of rice?

6 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2016
gbnet:
Nigeria consumes nothing less than 5million tonnes annually, that's about 100m bags of rice.

How is that possible?

With a population of 170million are you saying Nigerians eat 1 bag of rice per 1.7 people I.e roughly 1 bag per 2 Nigerians ?

That's a big lie!

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by alsudaes1(m): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
Abeg,

Wet d rice na?
Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ikaboy: 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
ManirBK:
Kebbi state has surpassed the one million tonnes of rice targeted for harvest in the year with over eight hundred and fifty tonnes. The chairman rice farmers Association Sahabi Augie said the yield increase was due to improved seedlings and the assistance rendered to farmers through the Anchor Borrowers Programme of the CBN with over 500,000 hectares of cultivated land across ten local government areas of the state.He explained that the variety of rice cultivated in kebbi include Nerica7 and 84 as well as faro 44,52, and 61 with farming occurring thrice through the dry, wet, dry season within a year with Rima and sokoto river serving the dry season irrigation farming.
READ MORE
http://thenationonlineng.net/bumper-harvest-kebbi-surpasses-one-million-tonnes-rice/
Mynd44 lalasticla Oam4j

What a remarkable feat without buying handsets for farmers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by gbnet(m): 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
I am quoting for you the former Agric minister as at 2013 I.e Adesina Nigeria consumes 5million tonnes of rice annually and also I have a colleague with his wife who finishes a bag of rice less than 8 months. Let also give you this caterers prepares a bag of rice for just 350 people at a party.

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hiploko:
at whose expense The poor buyer and consumer who has to pay extra N12k to eat lower quality rice.. Just Negodu how a zone b reasons... Where una brain dey domiciled sef!
Low quality rice because it was grown in Nigeria? You are an imbe#cile to say the least!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by JuanDeDios: 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
demolinka:
I dey tell una say when Buhari finish with this country, people go dey sleep embassy to collect Nigerian visa. Small time now we go dey price 2 bag of rice #1500.

PMB WE ARE WITH YOU!
You want to run our farmers out of business? You should try farming for one year and see.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ayedunbunmi(m): 10:07pm On Nov 10, 2016
2 GOD be da glory...Amen...Pmb ride on

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by obailala(m): 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

Lol... Why must some people always be unintelligent and incapable of paying attention to details?

Obviously you didnt see 1000 at the header on top that 144,000?

mightyhazel:
grin chai ,..see busting!

U be busta douglas??

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by rabex123(m): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hiploko:
I pray o!
Wailer repent..

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by AntonioConte: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hiploko:
at whose expense The poor buyer and consumer who has to pay extra N12k to eat lower quality rice.. Just Negodu how a zone b reasons... Where una brain dey domiciled sef!
i don't understand the "low quality rice" part.does it mean the rice planted abroad has a kind of raw material added to it that increases its quality or the quality increases when in transit whether on the sea or in the air? think well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by funken: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2016
Thank u! I don't understand why people don't have the patience to read through the lines! Haba..

How can u interpret that to be 144,000metric tonnes??

Pls..

rusher14:

144 million metric tonnes for China.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by TeamSimple(m): 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
mrvitalis:

The difference is u made someone in Thailand richer under Jonathan but i made a Nigerian richer
Best reply for the day.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by otitokoroleti: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
Rice takes max of 120 days to harvest.. . All through the Jonathan campaign on rice blabla i didn't see any local rice in port harcourt.... But today its everywhere... I even bought one rebaged as CAP RICE... . And yet people are asking what has Buhari done

Wait u will sone see
nt until price of rice becum lesser than what we av nw! btw GEJ is past & an achiever, its better 4 u to make the best use of ur tym to becum an achiever because all dis hatred 4 GEJ will takes u to nowhere!
if/when bag of rice becums 5,000naira then we shall commend dis administration! understand?

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by akmath: 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
Rice takes max of 120 days to harvest.. . All through the Jonathan campaign on rice blabla i didn't see any local rice in port harcourt.... But today its everywhere... I even bought one rebaged as CAP RICE... . And yet people are asking what has Buhari done

Wait u will soon see
Na only God go bless u 4 me.

5 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by hero2000: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

Open your eyes now! Can't you see that those figures are x 1000tonnes. Therefore China produces 144,000,000 (144m) tonnes. Hope you have rechecked and corrected your error.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by basadenet: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
Good one but what happen Senator bukola saraki rice? We learnt that he brought some Zimbabwean farmers then, what happens there after.. nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by TeamSimple(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
Nice

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by TeamSimple(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hiploko:
When not calm down and reason neutral for a while. Aren't we facing the effect of that decision now? The decision to use money meant for the economy to import and even subsidize rice is what we facing now. Low reserve = High exchange rate.

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by wellmax(m): 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hiploko:

Na where you keep your brain. You like rice so much why can't you produce it. With all of Jonathan's noise, all we saw was imported rice, and of course cheaper. As local production increases, price will fall eventually. If we can't produce our food, then its a shame. Ride on PMB.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production / My Sac Yam Diary / Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.