Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice (41310 Views)

GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State / Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Official / The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by abdulhadi101(m): 10:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:

Do the math.

One million tonnes is equivalent to 20million 50kg bags of rice.

How is that remotely possible in just one year from one isolated state?
yey!!! seems like u have no idea, of the landmass in the North

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
abdulhadi101:
yey!!! seems like u have no idea, of the landmass in the North

Which useless landmass.

Is Nigeria even up to 10% of the total Chinese landmass?
Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
demandtruth:

Pathetic.
illiterate.

Where is the X1000 tons?
Hatred will burst your heart one of this days. Hahhaa

That you pictured right there means: 144M tons

Shift.

I still know for a fact that Kebbi did not produce 20million 50kg bags.

Pathetic gullible zombie

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by AreaFada2: 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
Agric revolution began under GEJ. There was no noise about it.

People went into palm, cassava, plantain, poultry, piggery, cashew and so on. Including yours truly.

By the way, these millions of tons of rice are not in the market so far.

Has anyone seen that rice in PH, Lagos, Benin, Enugu, Jos, Ibadan, Minna and such places?

Price of rice is still going up.

Are we sure this rice is cheaper than imported one?

Considering the amount of work that goes into rice farming & loss to weaver birds & the elements/disease, it is not easy to be that cheap.

Kudos. We need more of it.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by abdulhadi101(m): 10:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:

Which useless landmass.

Is Nigeria even up to 10% of the total Chinese landmass?
but china is still much more populated than nigeria, meaning they can use all the landmass for agriculture...m nt saying the news is 100% true, buh its achievable

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by LordPonky: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
rusher14:

Did you say rice stored for years in warehouses in Thailand are of better quality than freshly milled local rice?
Don't mind the illiterate. He does not know that thailand store harvest what they can sell for years. Some bags spend up to 8 years in their silo. Read health excerpts and you'll know thailand rice has little or no nutrient. These local rice is freshly milled and so if it is more expensive.... At least you know you are getting healthier. Educate yourself and stop saying stuffs you have no idea about.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by LordPonky: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
rusher14:

Did you say rice stored for years in warehouses in Thailand are of better quality than freshly milled local rice?
Don't mind the illiterate. He does not know that thailand harvest what they can sell for years. Some bags spend up to 8 years in their silo. Read health excerpts and you'll know thailand rice has little or no nutrient. These local rice is freshly milled and so if it is more expensive.... At least you know you are getting healthier. Educate yourself and stop saying stuffs you have no idea about.

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by realnas(m): 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
Propaganda rice next please
Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Brightology2(m): 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
jahsharon:
Even Donald Trump will buy and eat Nigerian rice despite his hatred for Nigerians.
are you talking about black - spot filled rice I saw yesterday at sabo garri market, that you will be scared of buying? And a modu of it is sold at 900 foreign rice is 1000? Abeg Make una nor let me talk.
Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by jaywhoco(m): 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
Rice takes max of 120 days to harvest.. . All through the Jonathan campaign on rice blabla i didn't see any local rice in port harcourt.... But today its everywhere... I even bought one rebaged as CAP RICE... . And yet people are asking what has Buhari done

Wait u will sone see
bbros aw much u buy am

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by lugado: 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

The worlds leading rice producer is China with just an annual turnover of 144,000 tonnes

Why must these people always lie?

it's really a shame that you can bring up such facts without doing your homework well.
later you'll say buhari is a dullard. you that have certificate can't even read properly. The table you brought said it's in 1000 metric tons per unit. and yet the brilliant you don't even know simple arithmetic. chai. The table said China produces 144,000 × 1000 metric tons. multiply that. Do you know maths at all?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by mrvitalis(m): 10:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
jaywhoco:
bbros aw much u buy am
Bro the decive me biy am for 25k something i for get for 12k
Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Aylawani: 10:54pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:

This is a fat lie and obviously another avenue to get govt subsidy to buy non existing rice for storage.

China with larger landmass a with rice as a staple food does not even smell that rubbish you guys are circulating.

Abi una sabi farm rice pass China?

Always search and verify info before you start abusing people. China produces 204 million metric ton of rice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by rusher14: 10:54pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:

With a population of 2bn people not starving to death and with rice being the staple food of china coupled with the fact that China has more favorable climate and a much larger land mass than Kebbi , I will take the Chinnese data over those Agric subsidy frauds in Kebbi.

Besides China has been a net exporter of rice for several millennia.

So what we did as soon as I started this job was to scout for investors for rice. We brought in Dominion Farms, the largest American rice farm in Kenya. Today, they are investing $40 million on a 30,000 hectare area with the T.Y Danjuma Group in Taraba state. “In 18 months, that rice farm will produce 15 per cent of all the rice we are importing into Nigeria and will be the largest rice farm in Africa. We have also sent 50 young graduates from Taraba state to Kenya to be trained in commercial rice farming. “We distributed last year, 11,000 metric tonnes of high quality rice seeds before the flood and we had produced about 690,000 metric tonnes of rice paddy in the wet season last year before the flood.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/rice-consumption-importation-nigeria-solution-sight/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by seyilabi(m): 10:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

The worlds leading rice producer is China with just an annual turnover of 144,000 tonnes

Can u see that based on this analysis that all these countries listed as highest producer of rice are also country with highest population in which our country is part of. We need to be rice sufficient like them becos it our no 1 food in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by blackjah(m): 10:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
Omexonomy:
you want to buy propaganda rice and from where will you get it
call mtn call center na, help would come from there
Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Oblang(m): 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
otitokoroleti:
nt until price of rice becum lesser than what we av nw! btw GEJ is past & an achiever, its better 4 u to make the best use of ur tym to becum an achiever because all dis hatred 4 GEJ will takes u to nowhere!
if/when bag of rice becums 5,000naira then we shall commend dis administration! understand?

Which useless achiever is ur hero. Abi u want to start telling us u bought rice for 5k under his govt....what u ppl don't know is that this type of development benefits on the long term...

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by omonnakoda: 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:

Can you honestly believe Kebbi produced 20million 50kg bags of rice? Because that is what one million tonnes of rice is.
I am not sure how restating or rephrasing what it is will make it less true. That is a bizarre kind of logic. Either ther did or they did not . to tell us it is 20 million 50 kg bags means what.

The correct analysis is

what is the highest yield under best practice PER HECTARE in the world and then how many hectares were cultivated in Kebbi rather than telling how many grains of rice are in 1 million tonnes

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by daneni1(m): 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hiploko:
zone B... Bought @ what price What has the quality(local or Foreign) go to do with the fact that rice was sold @ N8,500/bag under GEJ and now 20k under the clueless master Xmas is around the corner

Bros d last time I check, a bag of rice is not 20k. its 16k or 17k

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2016
seyilabi:

Can u see that based on this analysis that all these countries listed as highest producer of rice are also country with highest population in which our country is part of. We need to be rice sufficient like them becos it our no 1 food in this country.

Stop searching for straws.

I made an obvious mistake but there is no way they achieved one million tonnes of rice in Kebbi.

I know for a fact that there is a govt buy back fraud in the ministry of agriculture where the FG stocks silos with non existing grains,

That is the reason for this inflated figure.

How can you reconcile the current cost of locally produced rice in the market ?

Or are you not aware how many bags of rice are in a million tonnes?

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Donmichaelz(m): 11:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
What does Donald trump and MMM have in common? The two na scam
Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by richie9093(m): 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

olodo. what they meant was those figures are in their thousands. in other words: 144,000 X 1000 = 144,000,000
104,800 X 1000 = 104,800,000

read the picture your posted again. carefully.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by tunde2222: 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
Am not for or against the news BUT u definitely don't know how to study tables. What u have for China is 144,000,000 tons (one hundred and forty four million metric tons. Note the fig shown is in 1000 metric tons. Check d top of d table.
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by omonnakoda: 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
I do not know what they harvested but the internet helps me find out that farmers can harvest between 2 and 6 tonnes of rice per hectare. They claim to have planted 500000 hectares so their claim is PLAUSIBLE and not far fetched. Isit TRUE. I have no idea but it is not a far fetched claim

5 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 11:06pm On Nov 10, 2016
omonnakoda:
I am not sure how restating or rephrasing what it is will make it less true. That is a bizarre kind of logic. Either ther did or they did not . to tell us it is 20 million 50 kg bags means what.

The correct analysis is

what is the highest yield under best practice PER HECTARE in the world and then how many hectares were cultivated in Kebbi rather than telling how many grains of rice are in 1 million tonnes

My first post on this thread pointed on what one million tonnes translates to in terms of standard 50kg bag sold in the market.

And the math translates to 20million bags.

That was my main argument.

If you like grab on the straws but that will never make this lie fly.

China produces 144,000,000 tones not only to feed 2bn people but to export and they have been doing this for millienas with rice as their staple food.

So for Kebbi to achieve about 1% of that output in one year, which is more than enough to feed Nigeria then that is a big lie!
Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by richie9093(m): 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:
Bloody liars

olodo. what they meant was those figures are in their thousands. in other words: 144,000 X 1000 = 144,000,000
104,800 X 1000 = 104,800,000

read the picture your posted again. carefully.

I'm really scared for our future as youths if we have people who still reason like you in 2016.

Back to the topic, I would not believe this story until I start seeing these rice in the market.

6 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Chukwudozzie(m): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
I think u just displayed ur profound ignorance in rice cultivation. SMH
ShinnBet:
A million tonnes is equivalent to one billion kilograms which at 50kg a bag of rice equals to 20 million bags of rice.

That equates to 1 bag of 50kg rice for every 8 Nigerians (at 160illion population figure) .

and they achieved all this in less than one year?

Born liars

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Following(m): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
ShinnBet:

I don see am.

But am not buying that lie that Kebbi produced 20million 50kg bags of rice.

Never.

maybe it is nt the processed and polished rice. when processed,the quantity of rice won't be that much but little drops of water make an ocean

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by ShinnBet: 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
tunde2222:
Am not for or against the news BUT u definitely don't know how to study tables. What u have for China is 144,000,000 tons (one hundred and forty four million metric tons. Note the fig shown is in 1000 metric tons. Check d top of d table.

Please spare me your useless trash.

I have since my error and it doesn't change my stance because it was meant to be a comparative.

And FYI I thought the original amount quoted was a million metric tonnes.

Now shift.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by vislabraye(m): 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
Rice takes max of 120 days to harvest.. . All through the Jonathan campaign on rice blabla i didn't see any local rice in port harcourt.... But today its everywhere... I even bought one rebaged as CAP RICE... . And yet people are asking what has Buhari done

Wait u will sone see

Ps whats the price of a bag of rice today ? From simple economics, we know that when the supply is high, the demand is low which in turn affects the price. But what we have today is counterintuitive. That's why I think the government is full lies and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:11pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hiploko:
at whose expense The poor buyer and consumer who has to pay extra N12k to eat lower quality rice.. Just Negodu how a zone b reasons... Where una brain dey domiciled sef!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice by Charly68: 11:11pm On Nov 10, 2016
Baba is working,the minister of Agriculture is working,CBN Governor is working ...thank God a new beginning in Nigeria. Great people in a great nation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production / My Sac Yam Diary / Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.