Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination (40142 Views)

Davido And His Whole Crew Are Cool With Wizkid, Bloggers Are Devil - Aloma 30BG. / This Baby Is Too Big For A New Born-fans Come For Patoranking / Fan Faints As Tekno Miles Hit The Stage At Freetown, Sierra Leone (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by ybalogs(m): 11:10am On Nov 11, 2016
Tecno just threw away the chance to win this coveted award with his pride. e no concern me sha

2 Likes

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by caracas: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2016
onomeasike:

Now you are talking. I am sorry about my harsh tone, no vex. The reason Tecno was placed in that category is because he's yet to release an album. What was he doing since 2012 that made him not to release album. Even Kiss Daniel has released an album so how come Tecno as a professional artiste doesn't know something as important as this in his trade? Emergency recieved massive airplay and fits his category and Wizkid did very well this year, I am surprised that you will draw comparison between Tecno and Wizkid, it is insulting.
What did Wizkid do this year pls name a single hit Song by Wizkid am waiting......
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by OKorowanta: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2016
Temysteve:
so people dnt no the of LIMELIGHT or STARDOM. Fine! Tekno has been in the industry a while a now but he hasn't been recognize @ll, he may been into music b4 kiss daniel but kiss daniel rose to stardom before tekno. So headies just did the right thing.

God bless u.
We all love his music but sometimes d award organizers recognize the year u start being a big deal.
Some people have been quoting me wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by airmark(m): 11:22am On Nov 11, 2016
caracas:

What did Wizkid do this year pls name a single hit Song by Wizkid am waiting......

Most of you always forget the year under review by headies is not the normal january to december. A quick check will help you.

1 Like

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by sharrp: 11:27am On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

This is the greatest insult in the history of Nigerian music

All the songs this guy did was a hit and you wanna compare him to kids that sings Shoki and that guy that has only one song (Reekado)??

Hallelujahs was a hit

Holiday was a hit

Dance was a hit

Onye n'ekwu was a hit

Anything was a hit

Wash was a hit

Tender was a hit

Duro was a hit

Wash was a hit

Pana was a hit

Diana was a hit

He has hit songs more than those little kids put together

How many hit songs does Olamide have ?? But this guy who started music in 2012 already have 11 hit songs

How many hits olamide got?. Have u been living under a rock

2 Likes

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by DavidOluyale(m): 11:34am On Nov 11, 2016
It's not about d years. If na by years, then those brothers for area wey bin sing b4 dey born me sef should b getting headies things.

Techno just blow recently. Most people just started hearing bout Techno last yr. So there is nothing wrong about putting him in that category.

I smell pride small small. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 11, 2016
Im sure it's an honest mistake and they meant to nominate IcePrince

2 Likes

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by YesWeCan11: 11:37am On Nov 11, 2016
Who takes Headies local award serious where there are MAMA , BET, KORA, and MOBO? Headies can even give Dbanj the artist of the year for all I care.
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by verygudbadguy(m): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2016
Kentura:
Where, Pana, Diana. Na the best songs of 2016. This headies stuff na bullsshit, they just lowered Tekno to upcoming star smh

Just before you criticise the Headies, sitback and see the following:

1. There is time frame for submission of entries (June 2015- June 2016)

2. He would have missed out in all nominations except for "Rookie Of The Year"

3. He dropped "Pana" July 2016 and so, cannot be considered, if not, he would have been nominated in category of "Artiste of the year" and "song of the year"

4. They just wanted to compensate him because he has been superb this year.
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by nellil(m): 11:58am On Nov 11, 2016
headies are 4 yoruba artistes with dumb lyrics. Tekno is bigger than next rated. He won mtv breakthrough act in africa. Xo u see...
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Chukazu: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
THE HEADIES is gradually turning to a "regional" award

1 Like

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Rohzay(m): 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
today is my birthday.....pls wish me well
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Gwan2(m): 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
YesWeCan11:
Who takes Headies local award serious where there are MAMA , BET, KORA, and MOBO? Headies can even give Dbanj the artist of the year for all I care.
Supposedly, Headies is the most recognize indigenous award in Nigeria, until we begin to give our awards and other local contents d sort of branding US nationals gives thier awards or other local content...we will continue to be a joke.
Can u fathom why the strongest man in America is d world's strongest man, the best boxer, wrestling, doctor, engineer, student is often times termed d world best?.....
Power of BRANDING...it begins with u as a Nigerian.
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by sophimara: 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2016
chaii!!! Tekno dear, don't mind them. dem don't forget say ur cassava don upgrade, no vex e hear!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by kaylivin(m): 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

All the songs this guy did was a hit and you wanna compare him to kids that sings Shoki and that guy that has only one song (Reekado)??

Hallelujahs was a hit

Holiday was a hit

Dance was a hit

Onye n'ekwu was a hit

Anything was a hit

Wash was a hit

Tender was a hit

Duro was a hit

Wash was a hit

Pana was a hit

Diana was a hit

How many hit songs does Olamide have ?? But this guy who started music in 2012 already have 11 hit songs

I want to believe tribalism clogged your thoughts when you compared tecnos hit with Olamide , so there's notting to ague about .

2 Likes

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by eLcastro(m): 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
All those sayin cuz Techno hasn't dropped an album he should continue to be dropped at "next rated" category i juz wonder why nigerians lyk limitations...Juz google awards Drake won with "forever"...That was of "so far gone" mixtape...b4 he ever had an album..an who is limitin people to album..we'v seen mixtape that beta than albums...what should matter is the body of work...not package of album...Techno is way above next rated.,i hope it's a mistake dey wanted to make him happy nw that he clearly doesn't want it...They shud respect his wish.....#TeamGoodSong...album,single,coveer or mixtape
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Fenzyflames: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Where did you crawled from?!

Nobody drops album again?!

Do you know how many albums lamide had dropped
What about Beyonce, Kanye , they don't drop again?

BITTER TRUTH. NO BS

I don't know about everyone but all tekno's beat sound similar and his lyrics are incoherent.
It's just the dearth of good songs that's makin such artist popular
its either you are sentimental or your are colourfully gullible. What will you say about Olamide's sound and lyrics? Abeg go buy brain
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

You shouldn't be talking when adults are talking

This is 2016, who still drops albums ??

Nobody buys albums these days

They will just go on the internet and download it

Gone are the days when people sell hundreds of albums

Drake's view sold about 800 copies but was streamed for more than 3 billion times on Spotify

You're naturally dumb

Little girl, Use your brain

it dint call 4 insults...dis is a forum were ppl air their views..I just made an opinion..no hating to tekno...seriozly calling me dumb dint make sense...and oh by the way,you said drake..we talkn tekno

2 Likes

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Fenzyflames: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
verygudbadguy:

Just before you criticise the Headies, sitback and see the following:

1. There is time frame for submission of entries (June 2015- June 2016)

2. He would have missed out in all nominations except for "Rookie Of The Year"

3. He dropped "Pana" July 2016 and so, cannot be considered, if not, he would have been nominated in category of "Artiste of the year" and "song of the year"

4. They just wanted to compensate him because he has been superb this year.
when did Timaya drop " Money" that was nominated or Ajebutter22 "Bahd gang"? I hate this goal post shifting of you people

1 Like

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by vosquare: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
ELKHALIFAISIS:
will that stop him from hitting it back to back... Reekado Banks that won it last year how many albums and singles did he drop to merit the award last year? Afonjas and ethnic bigotry

grin grin

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by nasiodamus(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lol see tekno self dey get month,someone who hardly get shows before if not for duro and pana..e better pray he even wins becos ycee(rookie of the year 2015) and Mr Eazi are better musicians..the guy self suppose be producer good beats but little or no lyrics.
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Neyomickey1: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Hallelujahs was a hit

Holiday was a hit

Dance was a hit

Onye n'ekwu was a hit

Anything was a hit

Wash was a hit

Tender was a hit

Duro was a hit

Wash was a hit

Pana was a hit

Diana was a hit

i love ur analysis, very precise but u git it wrong when asking how many hit does Olamide have. So Olamide and Tekno are in d same league now ?

2 Likes

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Labe312(m): 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
Tecno is my favourite artist in 2016. See enough hitting songs. Diana, pana etc, abeg those people need some therapy.
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Emmacolinho(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
[quote author=OKorowanta post=50941114]Na pesin say make he start to reign di real reign for 2016?
The real reign hide since until dis year.
Just thank God say dem nominate u and u stand a chance of walking home with a brand new car worth over N3m.
Phyno has been churning out hits after hits for 3 years now,he hardly get nominations.
You hear say CONNECT win any award?
Abi e nor reign reach?
Please leave Phyno out of this which song reign pass fada fada this year? Alaye park well Phyno na BabaNla
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by danieldanizy: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2016
lol.. why won't u be nominated for next rated artist... when u lied to them, about having BIG CASSAVA
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by zikokoko(m): 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
picturing wat his face looked like when said it *raised chin with smile mixd with chuckle* "after how many years"
i love diz guy's craft, been on radar since....
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Ryocaj(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Hallelujahs was a hit

Holiday was a hit

Dance was a hit

Onye n'ekwu was a hit

Anything was a hit

Wash was a hit

Tender was a hit

Duro was a hit

Wash was a hit

Pana was a hit

Diana was a hit

Who b dis one... Abeg go join dem 4 Sambisa Forest jarey.. no dey spit rubbish here..

1 Like

Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by shomutuski(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

You shouldn't be talking when adults are talking

This is 2016, who still drops albums ??

Nobody buys albums these days

They will just go on the internet and download it

Gone are the days when people sell hundreds of albums

Drake's view sold about 800 copies but was streamed for more than 3 billion times on Spotify

You're naturally dumb

Little girl, Use your brain

Bro! You shouldn't talk to a lady like that!! First of all! People still buy album and tekno is supposed to be nominated as next rated. You obviously don't understand the technicality of that category, tekno has not dropped an album so he will still be classed in that next rated category although he deserves better.
Back to your comment! Drake's view sold 852,000 copies in the first week of release and went on to surpass the one million benchmark set by lil wayne's carter IV album at 1.4million copies.. So don't say people don't buy album again...
You are also right in your assertion that the VIEWS album was streamed online more..
Re: Tekno's Fans Come For The Headies As Tekno Not Cool With His Nomination by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
shomutuski:

Bro! You shouldn't talk to a lady like that!! First of all! People still buy album and tekno is supposed to be nominated as next rated. You obviously don't understand the technicality of that category, tekno has not dropped an album so he will still be classed in that next rated category although he deserves better.
Back to your comment! Drake's view sold 852,000 copies in the first week of release and went on to surpass the one million benchmark set by lil wayne's carter IV album at 1.4million copies.. So don't say people don't buy album again...
You are also right in your assertion that the VIEWS album was streamed online more..

Then wizkid should also be nominated for the next rated artist because he haven't dropped an album in like 3 years now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido's 2nd Baby Mama, Amanda Shares Adorable Photo Of Their Baby Chilling / [video] Secret Lagos Club Where Nigerian Girls Dance Naked Revealed! / Funke Akindele And Eniola Badmus Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.