Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

“Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr (36349 Views)

How Coronavirus Could Affect The Olympics 2020, Euro 2020 And The Sporting World / Meet Uzochukwu Henry Onuorah Playing For FC Midtjylland in Denmark (PHOTOS) / Revealed!! Antonio Conte Is Real Madrid’s Top Choice To Replace Zinedine Zidane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by agrovick(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Answer these and yours might be considered...

You forget i asked you first huh? Looollll

Where was Mikel huh?? Care I ask where our
legendary Okocha and Kanu were when we
failed to go Germany 2006?
Does that in anyway diminish their stars as
legends of the game?
What about Messi? Where was he when Bravo
and Chile beat them twice in two years to win
the copa america?? Does that diminish Messi's
talents and relevance as status as the world's
finest??

Of course it doesn't diminish their status, Messi is yet to win the World Cup but for me it doesn't change the fact that he is the best in his generation.
Now since you are saying individual players can not be held responsible for a team's failure why are you saying Mikel is responsible for Chelsea's Champions League triumph over Bayern? Add that to the questions to be answered.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by damocheezy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
Reasonable coaches make use of players that fit in with their tactics. The likes of Mikel, Fabregas and Oscar clearly do not fit into this play pattern Conte recently adopted. They might be needed later on as replacements for the key players.

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Awesome2101(m): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
lol mikel slow bie indeed
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
Aha!!! A chelsea fan owns up.... A lot of them are also here.

Mikel will leave. He has to leave as Conte has proven to be a jerk.

Club allegiance is blinding most of you here to the truth of rohr's discovery.

Zceesneh:
am a chelsea fan i have watch chelsea last five matches we are okay without mikel obi he should leave chelsea

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
So does missing afcons diminish Mikel's legendary status?? Looolllll EOD.

Looolll... Words are not even mine.... Skysports, BBC, and other world soccer pundits and top analysts said so... Jamie redknapp (i think) was one of several who said Mikel was "putting out fires all over the pitch against bayern". He singled out Mikel... Same with many others... So yes, HE WAS THE REASON COZ CHELSEA HARDLY ATTACKED THAT DAY. THEY DEFENDED. LOOLLLL.....

So plss you can take it up with skysports, bbc and every other media house on the ucl final 2012... Looolllll

Mikel-hater... Not good on u bruv... Loolll

agrovick:

Of course it doesn't diminish their status, Messi is yet to win the World Cup but for me it doesn't change the fact that he is the best in his generation.
Now since you are saying individual players can not be held responsible for a team's failure why are you saying Mikel is responsible for Chelsea's Champions League triumph over Bayern? Add that to the questions to be answered.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by cr7lomo: 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
edi287:

Conte likes energetic and hardworking players(before you point to Pirlo, look at his Italian team that played the euros). Chelsea are on a superb run with Matic - Kante. Say what you want about Conte, but Mikel simply doesn't fit in his 3-4-3 system and isn't going to change a winning formula for Mikel. I see some people saying Matic is as sluggish as Mikel....either they're being biased or they are just simply blind.

Don't mind that sentimental biased fellow...if Mikel was that excellent, no coach wud bench him in the world. If he was that excellent, Chelsea fans wud hv protested...Mikel is an ok player but player pass player...Chelsea's captain Terry cant even make the team, chelsea's all time assist player in a season fabregas , can't Mk the team...Chelsea's best player last term Willian , can't make the team, I just don't know why Nigerians are like this... Chelsea is doing very well now, b4 the coach wud field Mikel, matic or kante wud hv to b injured or b serving a suspension, that's if he doesn't draft David Luis to midfield and replace him at the back with Terry...besides Mikel is getting old, they are looking towards the future

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
You keep comparing fabz and mikel as if fabz has defensive qualities as a CMF.

Mikel can do all matic does and more... Plus he's more creative than matic. Is that a lie?

Mikel got marking and positioning qualities which will complement kante's hard running in central midfield in the 3-4-3.

So cease mentioning fabz... He's no defensive minded CMF.

But Mikel is both.. Attacking and defensive-wise.

Mikel reads the game better than Matic and is more tactically disciplined...but Matic is FAR MORE MOBILE, dribbles better, is more aggressive and energetic. Any rational fan can see this. I'm an Arsenal fan, not a chelsea fan so I have no reason to be biased. Saying Mikel can do everything Matic can do and more is being plain biased...simple as that. Guess who has the most joint assists in the league?? That's right...Matic! You talk about being Conte's first choice at the start of the season yet forgetting that this same Conte stopped Matic from leaving for Juve promising that he'll be a crucial first team player.

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
Abeg Shut up joor.... Looolllll

Stop throwing shades... If u wanna address me, do so face-to-face... Dont cower... smiley

It is rather You lots who are the bunch of sentimental ignoramuses....

Edi287 said Conte wants energetic and hardworking players.... Same Conte called Mikel "hardworking" in one of his many interviews.

And you ask if mikel is fit for the 3-4-3...

What rubbish analysis.... You lots should take a hike abeg...

Allowing foreign clubs allegiance blind your eyes to truth.... Loollll

cr7lomo:

Don't mind that sentimental biased fellow...if Mikel was that excellent, no coach wud bench him in the world. If he was that excellent, Chelsea fans wud hv protested...Mikel is an ok player but player pass player...Chelsea's captain Terry cant even make the team, chelsea's all time assist player in a season fabregas , can't Mk the team...Chelsea's best player last term Willian , can't make the team, I just don't know why Nigerians are like this... Chelsea is doing very well now, b4 the coach wud field Mikel, matic or kante wud hv to b injured or b serving a suspension, that's if he doesn't draft David Luis to midfield and replace him at the back with Terry...besides Mikel is getting old, they are looking towards the future
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
cr7lomo:

Exactly...Terry is struggling to fit in this same formation, same as Cesc yet people feel Conte should change a winning formula for Mikel of all people...Terry is a better tackler than David Luiz yet his not benching luiz...why?? Because Luiz is a better passer of the ball and fits the formation better.

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
Mikel is an enforcer... Mikel dribbles far better than matic. Mikel also marks far better and cleaner than Matic. Any rational football not chelsea fan can see this....

Not accepting that Mikel is both attacking and defensive minded is also biased... And matic has assists... I ask have mikel been played??

De-bruyne has the highest assists in the league. Matic is up there too sooo?? When Mikel was having the best passing accuracy stats and passes completed stats in England where was Matic abeg??

Conte needed Mikel... Nigeria needed him more. He promised both first team football... Matic was bound to play second fiddle to mikel. But mikel's decision to answer the call of the green and white has brought about all this.

Rohr went to chelsea and found out by himself the very truth... Deal with it!!!!

All this talk and player comparison is just your ways of being over-analytical over a simple matter.

edi287:

Mikel reads the game better than Matic and is more tactically disciplined...but Matic is FAR MORE MOBILE, dribbles better, is more aggressive and energetic. Any rational fan can see this. I'm an Arsenal fan, not a chelsea fan so I have no reason to be biased. Saying Mikel can do everything Matic can do and more is being plain biased...simple as that. Guess who has the most joint assists in the league?? That's right...Matic! You talk about being Conte's first choice at the start of the season yet forgetting that this same Conte stopped Matic from leaving for Juve promising that he'll be a crucial first team player.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Aha!!! A chelsea fan owns up.... A lot of them are also here.

Mikel will leave. He has to leave as Conte has proven to be a jerk.

Club allegiance is blinding most of you here to the truth of rohr's discovery.

keep shut, why not beg ur club to buy him?

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
But I dont fan any european club... Looollll

So you see... This is why i speak with a mind of truth (I'm neutral) not like you guys blinded by club allegiance... Looolll

Zceesneh:
keep shut, why not beg ur club to buy him?
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Mikel is an enforcer... Mikel dribbles far better than matic. Mikel also marks far better and cleaner than Matic. Any rational football not chelsea fan can see this....

Not accepting that Mikel is both attacking and defensive minded is also biased... And matic has assists... I ask have mikel been played??

De-bruyne has the highest assists in the league. Matic is up there too sooo?? When Mikel was having the best passing accuracy stats and passes completed stats in England where was Matic abeg??

Conte needed Mikel... Nigeria needed him more. He promised both first team football... Matic was bound to play second fiddle to mikel. But mikel's decision to answer the call of the green and white has brought about all this.

Rohr went to chelsea and found out by himself the very truth... Deal with it!!!!

All this talk and player comparison is just your ways of being over-analytical over a simple matter.

Wrong!! Mikel "PROTECTS THE BALL" better than Matic. Mikel is not a better dribbler. I can bring youtube videos to prove this. Throughout Mikel's Chelsea career(even in his best seasons), can you point to one season where he had more than 4 assists (which matic currently has). Bare in mind that Matic plays deep while Kante breaks up Play as a b2b...As for Mikel having the best passing accuracy, tell us how many of those passes were forward passes?? We could easily do a squawka comparison matrix of both.
Yes Conte needed Mikel...just like he needed Cesc, loftus cheek etc at the start of the season UNTILL he found a new formation that neither Cesc and Mikel fit into...that's just the truth. Nothing more, nothing less. For Mikel to start over Matic, he automatically has to possess mobility which he has never possessed in his career. It's why neither him or Cesc is starting. While he is better defensively than Cesc, he is not as creative and they both lack mobility. It's as simple as that.
Rohr went to Chelsea doesn't change anything...Conte found a formation that Mikel doesn't fit into...THAT IS A FACT.
Looking at you talking like Conte is playing a 4-2-3-1 and Mikel is being benched unfairly for it...Matic earned his spot and is one of the best players in the last few weeks....no sane coach will change that to please Mikel fans especially when it hasn't been done to please Cesc Fabregas(one of the most creative passers around) and John freaking Terry.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by cr7lomo: 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Abeg Shut up joor.... Looolllll

Stop throwing shades... If u wanna address me, do so face-to-face... Dont cower... smiley

It is rather You lots who are the bunch of sentimental ignoramuses....

Edi287 said Conte wants energetic and hardworking players.... Same Conte called Mikel "hardworking" in one of his many interviews.

And you ask if mikel is fit for the 3-4-3...

What rubbish analysis.... You lots should take a hike abeg...

Allowing foreign clubs allegiance blind your eyes to truth.... Loollll

Ok...now , let me face u... Mata was Chelsea's best player b4 Jose mourinho's Arrival , he was benched and sold cos the coach said he dint fit into his team, they went ahead to win the league title, but now the same coach after leaving Chelsea , started using the same player that wasn't in his plans in Chelsea at man utd, that's because that is a different club with a different tactical approach, now Mata makes the team...in club football, any player is indispensable, dont forget that ozil , di Maria , Sanchez, were all first team players for their former clubs b4 they were sold , reason ( they were surplus to requirements) I am a real Madrid fan... James Rodriguez ( excellent player) arguably the best player at the last world cup ( top scorer) under ancellotti he thrived, under Benitez, he was a class player, but under zidane, the guy start to chop bench, he is Colombia's captain, now are the Colombians antagonizing zidane? Mind u, the reason y James Rodriguez can't Mk the bench is because of casemiro hu fits into zidane's tactical approach and it won them the champions league last term...y wud Conte wanna keep someone that will improve his team on the bench, Conte is not a vindictive person...he is among the best coaches in the world and a professional...if u are complaining about Mikel, what wud yaya say at man city
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2016
Looolllll.... All this talk... About players who cant fit into a system... Looolllll

Whereas Mikel does fit in and Conte knew hence his need of mikel and initial pleas with him to diss rio 2016.

So all you just wrote here is totally irrelevant. Loolll

cr7lomo:

Ok...now , let me face u... Mata was Chelsea's best player b4 Jose mourinho's Arrival , he was benched and sold cos the coach said he dint fit into his team, they went ahead to win the league title, but now the same coach after leaving Chelsea , started using the same player that wasn't in his plans in Chelsea at man utd, that's because that is a different club with a different tactical approach, now Mata makes the team...in club football, any player is indispensable, dont forget that ozil , di Maria , Sanchez, were all first team players for their former clubs b4 they were sold , reason ( they were surplus to requirements) I am a real Madrid fan... James Rodriguez ( excellent player) arguably the best player at the last world cup ( top scorer) under ancellotti he thrived, under Benitez, he was a class player, but under zidane, the guy start to chop bench, he is Colombia's captain, now are the Colombians antagonizing zidane? Mind u, the reason y James Rodriguez can't Mk the bench is because of casemiro hu fits into zidane's tactical approach and it won them the champions league last term...y wud Conte wanna keep someone that will improve his team on the bench, Conte is not a vindictive person...he is among the best coaches in the world and a professional...if u are complaining about Mikel, what wud yaya say at man city
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
But I dont fan any european club... Looollll

So you see... This is why i speak with a mind of truth (I'm neutral) not like you guys blinded by club allegiance... Looolll

this guy must be a barca fan
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by danthamccoy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Not accepting that Mikel is both attacking and defensive minded is also biased .. And matic has assists... I ask have mikel been played??

Lolwhut?

Anyone who goes on the Chelsea online forum and reads the Mikel thread will realize just how much sentimentality is being displayed on this thread.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by harlee(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hope the wages dey enter
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
Wrong also!!!!!

Mikel actually is a better dribbler. Obvious you didnt watch rio 2016... Loollll

Mikel protects the ball and is equally an enforcer... God!!! We're talking about a player who is naturally endowed as a no.10 before his conversion to a central DMF... The natural genes of the central amf is still in his genes and seen in his game. Dont tell me you dont see that?

Under Ancelloti, Mikel had a great season... So dont ask that nonsense about 4 assists again... Matic isnt even leading the assists table in the Epl.. Gosh!!!! Point to a season where matic's passing trumps all other midfielders in England. Na wa...

Rohr going to chelsea proves nothing huh?? So he's just blowing hot air... A man that worked with the DFB ( german football federation) and highly respected in the german football circles doesnt know what he's saying huh?

Mikel isnt mobile... As if matic is any faster... Mobility in that midfield is owned by kante not matic... Na wa...

Mikel trumps cesc defensively and can at least measure up to more than 70% of Cesc overall creativity. Matic cant... So what's all this talk?

Oga Mikel fits the system also.... And Conte needs him no more cos of Rio 2016. NOW THAT'S MORE THAN FACT. THAT'S THE TRUTH.

edi287:

Wrong!! Mikel "PROTECTS THE BALL" better than Matic. Mikel is not a better dribbler. I can bring youtube videos to prove this. Throughout Mikel's Chelsea career(even in his best seasons), can you point to one season where he had more than 4 assists (which matic currently has). Bare in mind that Matic plays deep while Kante breaks up Play as a b2b...As for Mikel having the best passing accuracy, tell us how many of those passes were forward passes?? We could easily do a squawka comparison matrix of both.
Yes Conte needed Mikel...just like he needed Cesc, loftus cheek etc at the start of the season UNTILL he found a new formation that neither Cesc and Mikel fit into...that's just the truth. Nothing more, nothing less. For Mikel to start over Matic, he automatically has to possess mobility which he has never possessed in his career. It's why neither him or Cesc is starting. While he is better defensively than Cesc, he is not as creative and they both lack mobility. It's as simple as that.
Rohr went to Chelsea doesn't change anything...Conte found a formation that Mikel doesn't fit into...THAT IS A FACT.
Looking at you talking like Conte is playing a 4-2-3-1 and Mikel is being benched unfairly for it...Matic earned his spot and is one of the best players in the last few weeks....no sane coach will change that to please Mikel fans especially when it hasn't been done to please Cesc Fabregas(one of the most creative passers around) and John freaking Terry.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
Looooolllllll..... What part of "fan of no european club" dont you understand? Loolllll

Keep the entertainment on... Loolll

Zceesneh:
this guy must be a barca fan
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by agrovick(m): 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
So does missing afcons diminish Mikel's legendary status?? Looolllll EOD.

Looolll... Words are not even mine.... Skysports, BBC, and other world soccer pundits and top analysts said so... Jamie redknapp (i think) was one of several who said Mikel was "putting out fires all over the pitch against bayern". He singled out Mikel... Same with many others... So yes, HE WAS THE REASON COZ CHELSEA HARDLY ATTACKED THAT DAY. THEY DEFENDED. LOOLLLL.....

So plss you can take it up with skysports, bbc and every other media house on the ucl final 2012... Looolllll

Mikel-hater... Not good on u bruv... Loolll

Mhen you are a genius. So in your words, Mikel scored the equalizer for Chelsea, Mikel saved the Bayern penalties that were saved that night. Mikel played all the 11 positions for Chelsea that night.
In fact Mikel was the coach self.

You seem to be confusing things, yes in his own right Mikel is a Nigerian legend but saying Conte is punishing him for representing Nigeria at the Olympics is pure opaks.

I remember reading Conte being adamant about Matic's stay at the Bridge during preseason that should tell you how integral he is to the coach's plan. Mikel was at Chelsea when Essien came, he was displaced, same scenario with Matic and now Kante and yet you folks are finding baseless excuses for Mikel's inability to make the first team when the team is doing well in his absence.

Going back to the tabloid you are using as reference, is it not a testament of Mikel's superb skills and relevance that majority were seeking a Fabregas recall during the early part of the season when Chelsea were struggling instead of a Mikel recall.

The duo of Matic and Kante sh.it on Mikel in the current set up, so he should man up and wait his time or go out to where he will get regular football.

Last bit, Lord Kante over Mikel any day any time.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
Like Mikel began his football at chelsea huh??

So he was never an amf or isnt a natural amf huh??

What's this one saying sef? Abeg swerve...

danthamccoy:

Lolwhut?

Anyone who goes on the Chelsea online forum and reads the Mikel thread will realize just how much sentimentality is being displayed on this thread.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by agrovick(m): 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
damocheezy:
Reasonable coaches make use of players that fit in with their tactics. The likes of Mikel, Fabregas and Oscar clearly do not fit into this play pattern Conte recently adopted. They might be needed later on as replacements for the key players.

Otunba03, Olowo ori ***. Owo meji fun enikan, Jagaban ti Tinubu oje wo loju. You self dey here.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
Loooolllll..... In Bueto's words...

"Until The matic-kante combo win the UCL like Mikel did for Chelsea, I will always rate Mikel above them both"

Looollll... Sorry bro... That's just how it is....

agrovick:

Mhen you are a genius. So in your words, Mikel scored the equalizer for Chelsea, Mikel saved the Bayern penalties that were saved that night. Mikel played all the 11 positions for Chelsea that night.
In fact Mikel was the coach self.

You seem to be confusing things, yes in his own right Mikel is a Nigerian legend but saying Conte is punishing him for representing Nigeria at the Olympics is pure opaks.

I remember reading Conte being adamant about Matic's stay at the Bridge during preseason that should tell you how integral he is to the coach's plan. Mikel was at Chelsea when Essien came, he was displaced, same scenario with Matic and now Kante and yet you folks are finding baseless excuses for Mikel's inability to make the first team when the team is doing well in his absence.

Going back to the tabloid you are using as reference, is it not a testament of Mikel's superb skills and relevance that majority were seeking a Fabregas recall during the early part of the season when Chelsea were struggling instead of a Mikel recall.

The duo of Matic and Kante sh.it on Mikel in the current set up, so he should man up and wait his time or go out to where he will get regular football.

Last bit, Lord Kante over Mikel any day any time.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by danthamccoy(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Like Mikel began his football at chelsea huh??

So he was never an amf or isnt a natural amf huh??

What's this one saying sef? Abeg swerve...

Dude Lucas of Liverpool was an attacking midfielder when he was signed. He has scored a goal in thr last 6 years. What he was then and what he is not are not the same.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
cr7lomo:

Another example is Xhaka at Arsenal. People thought he was going to Coquelin when he came in, but guess what?? Coquelin is the undisputed starter in the mid AT THE MOMENT.
Infact, their cases are almost similar as Mikel is "supposedly" a good DM with creative skills. But like Xhaka, Mikel is not as aggressive, hardworking and mobile enough to displace Kante (Coquelin) and doesn't do more on the ball to replace Matic (santi) BASED ON THE WAY CONTE SETS UP HIS TEAM. The only way Mikel gets back into this team is if A, Kante gets injured and Matic has to play the b2b destroyer and essentially slows down how Chelsea plays or B, Conte changes the formation to shoehorn him into the team which will never happen as there's Cesc Fabregas and even Oscar to consider.
Why should Conte change a winning formula for Mikel?? That's what I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by agrovick(m): 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Loooolllll..... In Bueto's words...

"Until The matic-kante combo win the UCL like Mikel did for Chelsea, I will always rate Mikel above them both"

Looollll... Sorry bro... That's just how it is....

Smh between Drogba and Ronaldo de Lima who is the better striker?

I hope you know de Lima never won the Champions League? So going by Bluetooth's logic, you will rate Drogba over Ronaldo de Lima

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by edi287: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Wrong also!!!!!

Mikel actually is a better dribbler. Obvious you didnt watch rio 2016... Loollll

Mikel protects the ball and is equally an enforcer... God!!! We're talking about a player who is naturally endowed as a no.10 before his conversion to a central DMF... The natural genes of the central amf is still in his genes and seen in his game. Dont tell me you dont see that?

Under Ancelloti, Mikel had a great season... So dont ask that nonsense about 4 assists again... Matic isnt even leading the assists table in the Epl.. Gosh!!!! Point to a season where matic's passing trumps all other midfielders in England. Na wa...

Rohr going to chelsea proves nothing huh?? So he's just blowing hot air... A man that worked with the DFB ( german football federation) and highly respected in the german football circles doesnt know what he's saying huh?

Mikel isnt mobile... As if matic is any faster... Mobility in that midfield is owned by kante not matic... Na wa...

Mikel trumps cesc defensively and can at least measure up to more than 70% of Cesc overall creativity. Matic cant... So what's all this talk?

Oga Mikel fits the system also.... And Conte needs him no more cos of Rio 2016. NOW THAT'S MORE THAN FACT. THAT'S THE TRUTH.

I watched Rio 2016 and there's nothing Mikel did with the ball in terms of dribbling that I haven't seen match do. It's like saying Oliseh is a better dribbler than Redondo.
Again I ask you....did you watch Conte's Italy at the euros?? If you did, you'd know how important Mobility and aggression are to him. Mikel is as immobile as Cesc, if not even more...HE ISN'T FASTER THAN MATIC...STOP SAYING THAT. you're talking about passing percentages...do you there was a period Flamini (yes flamini!!! had the highest passing ratio)?? Do you Francis Coquelin is in the top 10 for most passes in the final 3rd?? Are you going to tell me those 2 are creative because of that?? If we compare chances created at both Mikel and Matic's best seasons, I bet you matic creates more...Mikel with the highest passing percentage, how many chances did he create that year?? Why didn't he have higher assists since Matic's 4 assists isn't a big deal??
For you to say Mikel has 70 percent of Cesc creativity must mean he puts in some killer penerative passes 8/10 times yet tell me one of Mikel's biggest criticisms??

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by princeemmma(m): 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
Believing in power sometimes may lead to weakness (Matic/Cante) very soon these crap would get tired and he wud not have any choice than bringing OBI in
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by AreaFada2: 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
AGUBANZE:
But chelsea have been winning all their matches back to back since they started benching mikel

The season is still young. Wait until injuries start taking its tool.
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by abdo123: 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
AGUBANZE:
But chelsea have been winning all their matches back to back since they started benching mikel
Dats a lie mikel as not play any match since d start of dis season. So it's not as if is as a result of his benching dats given Chelsea winning
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2016
Whatever makes you sleep well bruv.... Loolll

Class beats Class.... No sentiments.

agrovick:

Smh between Drogba and Ronaldo de Lima who is the better striker?

I hope you know de Lima never won the Champions League? So going by Bluetooth's logic, you will rate Drogba over Ronaldo de Lima

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony / Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL / Zidane Set To Make First Signing As Real Madrid Agrees €50m Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.