Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,384 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95717 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:23am On May 06, 2018
Continue using the mineral oil. I dont know why you are pained. If Toyota recommends 20w50 for hot weather, go ahead and use it but if you look at the chart again, you will understand. When you talk of the first charts you posted earlier, you will find out that you dont even understand what you posted. On that chart, sae 40 was recommended, 5w20 was for colder climates only and you said that it was recent? The second charts you posted now shows that 5w20 is now an all weather oil. Everyone talk about our hot weather and thereforr are using mineral oil. The donut sign on the oil cap, does it apply to 20w50? The gasoline engines, the energy.conserving and the api sn? You guys are the reason why Nigerian used cars are scraps because of the poor maintenance culture. Anyone buying a naija used car always go through pains restoring the car back to normal.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 5:35am On May 06, 2018
sooperrescue:
Continue using the mineral oil. I dont know why you are pained. If Toyota recommends 20w50 for hot weather, go ahead and use it but if you look at the chart again, you will understand. When you talk of the first charts you posted earlier, you will find out that you dont even understand what you posted. On that chart, sae 40 was recommended, 5w20 was for colder climates only and you said that it was recent? The second charts you posted now shows that 5w20 is now an all weather oil. Everyone talk about our hot weather and thereforr are using mineral oil. The donut sign on the oil cap, does it apply to 20w50? The gasoline engines, the energy.conserving and the api sn? You guys are the reason why Nigerian used cars are scraps because of the poor maintenance culture. Anyone buying a naija used car always go through pains restoring the car back to normal.
Toyota has always included the 20W-50 oil grade in its manual. That being said... The API Ilsac acea characteristics are of more importance than the first number on the multiverse oils. It is irrelevant to use 0W, 5W, here.... Given the temperature specs which never falls below 22°c most of the time in subsaharan Africa we might as well use the 15W, 20W, or 25W specs. While the second digits.... We are okay with 30, 40, and sometimes 50 grade oils. Now what I expect that you should be concerned about is the API ACEA and ILSAC characteristics of the oils on the Nigerian market. This where the evils are being implemented on the poor Nigerian consumers!

This morning there's dew everywhere but the weather temperature is 24°c!!! So bro kindly stop with the funny information and hold the aspects that are necessary.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:35am On May 06, 2018
Shalomc:

Toyota has always included the 20W-50 oil grade in its manual. That being said... The API Ilsac acea characteristics are of more importance than the first number on the multiverse oils. It is irrelevant to use 0W, 5W, here.... Given the temperature specs which never falls below 22°c most of the time in subsaharan Africa we might as well use the 15W, 20W, or 25W specs. While the second digits.... We are okay with 30, 40, and sometimes 50 grade oils. Now what I expect that you should be concerned about is the API ACEA and ILSAC characteristics of the oils on the Nigerian market. This where the evils are being implemented on the poor Nigerian consumers!

This morning there's dew everywhere but the weather temperature is 24°c!!! So bro kindly stop with the funny information and hold the aspects that are necessary.
hmmm. When you see api sl being used on a toyota and you see api sh being sold in the country, even api sf sold as 20w50 and a lot of people are using it on cars that require api sn, what will you do? Have you seen any Api sn sold locally? The highest is Sm in 20w50 and that is Oando and MRS. What is the oil used in Dubai? Api sf or sg? Are they not even hotter than Nigeria?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 7:59am On May 06, 2018
sooperrescue:
hmmm. When you see api sl being used on a toyota and you see api sh being sold in the country, even api sf sold as 20w50 and a lot of people are using it on cars that require api sn, what will you do? Have you seen any Api sn sold locally? The highest is Sm in 20w50 and that is Oando and MRS. What is the oil used in Dubai? Api sf or sg? Are they not even hotter than Nigeria?
Bro... API SN, SM and SJ are all current oils. Like I learnt from you SN is backwards compatible with SM and SJ.. I will strongly suggest that you stick to pushing this particular gospel and advocate anything below 50 grade oil. SM is not too bad if MRS has it in its 40 grade oils then voilà!! Do they?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 8:47am On May 06, 2018
Shalomc:

Bro... API SN, SM and SJ are all current oils. Like I learnt from you SN is backwards compatible with SM and SJ.. I will strongly suggest that you stick to pushing this particular gospel and advocate anything below 50 grade oil. SM is not too bad if MRS has it in its 40 grade oils then voilà!! Do they?

Well said shalomc his concerns should b d Api grading in Nigeria.Visco 2000 is Sl whether it is sl or not i dont v d tech to determine dat.How is he even sure whether d imported api too are true.Oh bc it is imported?

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 8:53am On May 06, 2018
As u can see

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 10:19am On May 06, 2018
dollarnaira:
As u can see

From the chart, Standards Organisation of Nigeria allows the production of oil with the classification of API SD. SAE 40 is API SE sold locally by all oil marketers. API SF and SG is still being sold by Mobil, Forte Oil and Seahorse. There is one thing you guys should understand. Before Oando started selling their synthetic oils in gallons, I was one of the few to have bought the oil in drums. Not one drum, but 5 drums. I used all to service my customers cars in Benin, Abuja and Lagos. That oil was API SN 5w40. No noise, no shortage, but pure performance. Before then, I used Oando SM 20w50 in 2013 on my range Rover Sport. The oil was too thick for the car, that from Lagos to Abuja, it took me one week to get there. I lost my catalyst, the plugs were all soaked the nozzles were blocked, the radiator was vibrating and I lost the transmission fluid and in Lokoja, the fan belt gave way. That was when Oando staff now brought to my notice, that they have synthetic oil and after my verdict, they launched the oil in gallon but I recall that it was withdrawn from the market on many occasions before they finally stabilized with the production of the oil. Our dispute led them to take samples of the oil to SGS Paris for analysis and they now forwarded the report to me. So the problem right now is not the 20w50 but the quality. Going through Total oil website, I discovered that the oils being sold in France does not exist here in Nigeria. Peugeot has never recommended 20w50 for their cars of the 2000s. Peugeot 508 cannot use Q9000 and therefore the owners are at a crossroad. It was someone that now clarified that Motorists should use Mobil 1 5w30 ESP for the current models of peugeot but on the car, the sticker is still recommending Total activa and this is a car that is assembled in Nigeria. If 20w50 is ideal for our modern cars, Kaduna PAN would not recommend 5w30. Someone used Cepsa 20w50 API SN on his range rover and his car started misbehaving and soaking plugs. Can you buy a 17m car and use a 4k oil? That is the problem I am facing with some companies who bring their Toyotas for service to us. Why will your price be higher that Elizade? They forgot the reason why they brought the car to us, the engine vibrates and consume a lot of fuel and there is sludge. Toyota Hiace requires 5w30 but people use 20w50 and they dont understand what is going on. It is an awareness thread and not a manufacturer's thread. Even the manual is not followed, is it this thread that you will listen to? I am a practitioner till date and so I talk from experience. We just ordered 12 gallons of Castrol Extended Performance for my Range Rover Club Members because the situation on ground is threatening the well being of the brand.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 10:32am On May 06, 2018
sooperrescue:

From the chart, Standards Organisation of Nigeria allows the production of oil with the classification of API SD. SAE 40 is API SE sold locally by all oil marketers. API SF and SG is still being sold by Mobil, Forte Oil and Seahorse. There is one thing you guys should understand. Before Oando started selling their synthetic oils in gallons, I was one of the few to have bought the oil in drums. Not one drum, but 5 drums. I used all to service my customers cars in Benin, Abuja and Lagos. That oil was API SN 5w40. No noise, no shortage, but pure performance. Before then, I used Oando SM 20w50 in 2013 on my range Rover Sport. The oil was too thick for the car, that from Lagos to Abuja, it took me one week to get there. I lost my catalyst, the plugs were all soaked the nozzles were blocked, the radiator was vibrating and I lost the transmission fluid and in Lokoja, the fan belt gave way. That was when Oando staff now brought to my notice, that they have synthetic oil and after my verdict, they launched the oil in gallon but I recall that it was withdrawn from the market on many occasions before they finally stabilized with the production of the oil. Our dispute led them to take samples of the oil to SGS Paris for analysis and they now forwarded the report to me. So the problem right now is not the 20w50 but the quality. Going through Total oil website, I discovered that the oils being sold in France does not exist here in Nigeria. Peugeot has never recommended 20w50 for their cars of the 2000s. Peugeot 508 cannot use Q9000 and therefore the owners are at a crossroad. It was someone that now clarified that Motorists should use Mobil 1 5w30 ESP for the current models of peugeot but on the car, the sticker is still recommending Total activa and this is a car that is assembled in Nigeria. If 20w50 is ideal for our modern cars, Kaduna PAN would not recommend 5w30. Someone used Cepsa 20w50 API SN on his range rover and his car started misbehaving and soaking plugs. Can you buy a 17m car and use a 4k oil? That is the problem I am facing with some companies who bring their Toyotas for service to us. Why will your price be higher that Elizade? They forgot the reason why they brought the car to us, the engine vibrates and consume a lot of fuel and there is sludge. Toyota Hiace requires 5w30 but people use 20w50 and they dont understand what is going on. It is an awareness thread and not a manufacturer's thread. Even the manual is not followed, is it this thread that you will listen to? I am a practitioner till date and so I talk from experience. We just ordered 12 gallons of Castrol Extended Performance for my Range Rover Club Members because the situation on ground is threatening the well being of the brand.
We are not recommending 20W 50. 50 grade oil might be too thick. Like I said 20W, 5W 10W are all the same in our climate... Then follow your manufacturers recommended grade for the second digits.... using the recommended API. I don't trust oando though. What did you do to get your range back to shape? This thread is to learn I believe.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2018
Shalomc:

We are not recommending 20W 50. 50 grade oil might be too thick. Like I said 20W, 5W 10W are all the same in our climate... Then follow your manufacturers recommended grade for the second digits.... using the recommended API. I don't trust oando though. What did you do to get your range back to shape? This thread is to learn I believe.

The Range Sport is dead, so also with over 10 owners that followed my advice on using the Oando synthetic because of my experience with the drums. We wanted to sue them as a class action because their quality assurance was not up to date. They were at my office on two occasions looking for oil samples. Their oil was drying up every week and you had to be topping regularly even when I dont get to 100kms in one week. There was another time when a Sport was being towed into the workshop and a Representative of Eterna Oil was in the workshop. That Range knocked its engine from using Castrol edge 5w40. All these oil guys do is to pretend that maybe you bought adulterated oil and not their original oils. Imagine that Oando was boasting that Dexron 11 is their fastest selling atf. Dexron 11D cannot even work on Toyota tiny light or Honda baby boy but in 2016, it was their fastest selling fluid. Total has Dexron 6 in France but we are still using dexron 11d in 2018. Mobil has the famous 3309 ATF but we have Dexron 11e here. It is a policy to destroy our cars and then allow more to be shipped into the country. Toyota from 2010 says 0w20. There is even no donut sign because the 0w20 is unique. Go to the Auto fair starting tomorrow and you will see the oils that will be displayed. They claimed the 20w50 is the best selling oil in Nigeria but you will be shocked at the API specification. Even Sahara group produces sae 40 and API Sl 20w50 too
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 11:11am On May 06, 2018
sooperrescue:

The Range Sport is dead, so also with over 10 owners that followed my advice on using the Oando synthetic because of my experience with the drums. We wanted to sue them as a class action because their quality assurance was not up to date. They were at my office on two occasions looking for oil samples. Their oil was drying up every week and you had to be topping regularly even when I dont get to 100kms in one week. There was another time when a Sport was being towed into the workshop and a Representative of Eterna Oil was in the workshop. That Range knocked its engine from using Castrol edge 5w40. All these oil guys do is to pretend that maybe you bought adulterated oil and not their original oils. Imagine that Oando was boasting that Dexron 11 is their fastest selling atf. Dexron 11D cannot even work on Toyota tiny light or Honda baby boy but in 2016, it was their fastest selling fluid. Total has Dexron 6 in France but we are still using dexron 11d in 2018. Mobil has the famous 3309 ATF but we have Dexron 11e here. It is a policy to destroy our cars and then allow more to be shipped into the country. Toyota from 2010 says 0w20. There is even no donut sign because the 0w20 is unique. Go to the Auto fair starting tomorrow and you will see the oils that will be displayed. They claimed the 20w50 is the best selling oil in Nigeria but you will be shocked at the API specification. Even Sahara group produces sae 40 and API Sl 20w50 too
What do you think about MRS synthetic oil or liqui moly synthetic oil 5W 40, 10W 40? Is their quality reliable? I am interested in this cause.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:29am On May 06, 2018
I have not used any. When you look at the gallon of MRS, you will be afraid of the content in that gallon. I was once a fan of texaco ATF because as at 2008, it was the only Dexron 111 in Nigeria that you can get openly. Then you now see the atf sold by MRS, then you will run away from their outlets. I have been hearing of Liqui Moly but the guy marketing it does not know what he is marketing. I was at Olowu market in Ikeja and I say ADLER 5w20 and they will put some cars approval on it. Mercedes was 229.1 while the current is 229.5. That was how Forte added GM diesel as approved to use their SYNTH 10000. I asked the Manager why should the oil be suitable for Diesel cars and not gasoline cars? Have you seen GM brands that are diesel powered to the point that an oil will be suitable for it. Maybe it is suitable for Opel diesel cars.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 11:54am On May 06, 2018
sooperrescue:
I have not used any. When you look at the gallon of MRS, you will be afraid of the content in that gallon. I was once a fan of texaco ATF because as at 2008, it was the only Dexron 111 in Nigeria that you can get openly. Then you now see the atf sold by MRS, then you will run away from their outlets. I have been hearing of Liqui Moly but the guy marketing it does not know what he is marketing. I was at Olowu market in Ikeja and I say ADLER 5w20 and they will put some cars approval on it. Mercedes was 229.1 while the current is 229.5. That was how Forte added GM diesel as approved to use their SYNTH 10000. I asked the Manager why should the oil be suitable for Diesel cars and not gasoline cars? Have you seen GM brands that are diesel powered to the point that an oil will be suitable for it. Maybe it is suitable for Opel diesel cars.

I have been hearing of Liqui Moly but the guy marketing it does not know what he is marketing

Care to explain the above statement sir?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2018
Every car has the manufacturer approval suitability to use their oil. You get this Api Sn and then when you read the approvals, you will see Bmw LL01 and MB 229.1 or 3. So many inconsistencies. Modern oiks needs BMW approval for Long life 04. Some just write it on their sticker like Forte sunth. Theirs is LL01 and there are so many oils like that that knows that we dont read. There is this wonderful oil called G Life that has all the numbers but they wrote at the back of their gallon that their oil is suitable for compact cars. Even with that infomation, I see people using the oil on Lexus V8 all because it is a 5w20.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 6:19pm On May 06, 2018
Why on earth will someone buy a 17m naira car n put in cheap oil.I can see u r an advocate of expensive branded cars that needed good oil for their cars.Majority of us here dont have such expensive car brands.And mind you these cars are the latest hence,REQUIRES a nice unadulterated LATEST API SN STRICTLY SYNTHETIC.the way u treat a local fowl n agric fowl is different.Ajekpako and Ajebota no b mate.My Neighbor still drive his old Mitsubishi car up till now since i was aware 6yrs ago.Telling such person to get imported oil with d latest api will look absurd.Biko create a thread and tag it:Imported oil for new cars only.Let us with cars below 2000 and a little above stick to our own mineral oil with our choice of W..... but remembers to do frequent oil change.QED
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 6:37pm On May 06, 2018
How much is 2018 toyots corrola?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:54pm On May 06, 2018
Shalomc:

What do you think about MRS synthetic oil or liqui moly synthetic oil 5W 40, 10W 40? Is their quality reliable? I am interested in this cause.
Are you working for MRS? You seem to be asking questions about the product. Can you help highlight the attributes of the oil and the approvals with major brands of vehicles?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 9:01pm On May 06, 2018
sooperrescue:

Are you working for MRS? You seem to be asking questions about the product. Can you help highlight the attributes of the oil and the approvals with major brands of vehicles?
You have been deep in the analysis kindly assist us with the specs of the MRS synthetic oil 5W-40. Thanks
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:22pm On May 06, 2018
Send two gallons of the oil to my workshop and let me check it out. Also bring 6 litres of the dexron 111 too. Thanks And there is also a possibility that we might invite you to our radio program AUTOWATCH on radio 103.5 FM to tell the motoring public more about the oil. Reminder that the MRS and Forte are the only 5w40 that claims to be synthetic. Total Q9000 is synthetic blemd
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 9:27pm On May 06, 2018
sooperrescue:
Send two gallons of the oil to my workshop and let me check it out. Also bring 6 litres of the dexron 111 too. Thanks And there is also a possibility that we might invite you to our radio program AUTOWATCH on radio 103.5 FM to tell the motoring public more about the oil. Reminder that the MRS and Forte are the only 5w40 that claims to be synthetic. Total Q9000 is synthetic blemd
So in all your analysis you are yet to review MRS synthetic oil 5W-40 and you're condemning all made in Nigeria oils? Bad bad bad
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:35pm On May 06, 2018
If you have read the thread, you will notice that I have not said a word about MRS. I have not seen the product and so I cant even talk about it/ There is an outlet at Ajah and I wanted to buy from them and they had none. I was at Grammar school rd junction at Ojodu and I did ask for it and they did not have it. There is even an outlet at the back of my workshop at ille zik and it is not there, the few times that I have gone to buy fuel there. Should I engage a town crier?

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:51pm On May 06, 2018
dollarnaira:

Well said shalomc his concerns should b d Api grading in Nigeria.Visco 2000 is Sl whether it is sl or not i dont v d tech to determine dat.How is he even sure whether d imported api too are true.Oh bc it is imported?
Visco super static is API SG 20w50 and it is obsolete. Like you rightly stated, we dont even know if what they claim to be is true. I am not promoting imported oils but making the local oil marketers to change their orientation about the market specification for our oil. SON is still putting their logo on obsolete oils and since that is the order of the day, then we should look elsewhere. Has MRS improved on their products since they took over from Texaco?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 9:55pm On May 06, 2018
sooperrescue:
If you have read the thread, you will notice that I have not said a word about MRS. I have not seen the product and so I cant even talk about it/ There is an outlet at Ajah and I wanted to buy from them and they had none. I was at Grammar school rd junction at Ojodu and I did ask for it and they did not have it. There is even an outlet at the back of my workshop at ille zik and it is not there, the few times that I have gone to buy fuel there. Should I engage a town crier?
Sir your work is incomplete sir until you review the MRS synthetic oil 5W-40!

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 10:05pm On May 06, 2018
I will do that if you can direct me to where I can get the oil. Meanwhile I will be at the auto fair on Tuesday in Victoria Island. Hope you will be there too.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Frankdamaxx(m): 10:19pm On May 06, 2018
Shalomc:

Sir your work is incomplete sir until you review the MRS synthetic oil 5W-40!

Make it available for him now. Abi you didn't see where he has been saying he is looking for the oil?

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 10:20pm On May 06, 2018
Frankdamaxx:

Make it available for him now. Abi you didn't see where he has been saying he is looking for the oil?
Call MRS on these attached numbers

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:10pm On May 06, 2018
Thanks, will do that

q uote author=Frankdamaxx post=67339598]

Make it available for him now. Abi you didn't see where he has been saying he is looking for the oil?[/quote]

Thank you o for coming to help. Doportivo, where are you. I want to use your sienna to crosscheck the Mrs oil in your car if the viscosity is still intact.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:48pm On May 06, 2018
Anyway, it is good to note that you are interested in the review of the MRS Synthetic oil. On your website, there is no information about the oil.

See a copied part from the website. FUELS & LUBRICANTS
Our Product & Services
MRS offers numerous products and services designed specifically for the consumer. The company markets fuels in Nigeria under the MRS brand. In addition to branded fuels, we also offer consumers a variety of high-quality lubricants. The lubricants are manufactured and supplied from the company’s state of the art proprietary blending facility located at apapa.

MRS provides businesses country wide with superior and reliable products and services. The company’s fuels, lubricants, commercial, industrial and retail operations nation wide allows businesses to focus on their core strengths while leaving the service aspect to us.

Our Fuels Product Lines

Petroleum motor spirit (PMS) They claimed it is high quality. Unleaded Regular is now high quality
Automotive Gas Oil (AGO)
Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK)
Aviation Kerosene (ATK)
Low pour fuel Oil (LPFO)
Our Lubricants Product Lines

Petrol Engine
MRS Premier Xtra Formula ( Is this the synthetic? I dont think so either. So where can I review the oil if I cant get any info on your website.)
MRS Premier Super SAE 40 ( This is the one you use for your C 240? Chei, Benz don hear am for Naija. Nigerian people, una too wicked.)
MRS Premier Motor Oil SAE 50. ( You complained about API Specification but on your website, there is no mention if they are all API SD or SF)
Diesel Engine ( Make I waka pass)
MRS Stallion Xtra Premium 15W 40
MRS Stallion Diesel Super LA 40
MRS Stallion Diesel HD 40
Greases
MRS Crystal grease 3
MRS Crystal All purpose EP 2
Automotive Gear Oil
MRS Motorgear EP 90 ( What happened to 75w90 gear oils. Abi the hot weather is affecting the axles?
Industrial Oils
MRS Turbo R&O
MRS Hydro HD
MRS Gearbox When you say gearbox, what does that mean?

To make my review easier, please send us the two gallons. We can pick it up at your Ile Zik outlet. You can call me too on 08098534267. Let us help your products by giving it an objective review. Note that Oando has moved to 5w30 full synthetic with BMW LL04 and many more. You can also send me the number of the lubricant manager so that I can bypass protocol. You can also send me the data spec sheet of the 5w40 through automobilesng@yahoo.com and the approved vehicles list. let me use this week to know more about the oil. I am taking up the challenge because I believe that we should not judge a book by the cover.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 3:44am On May 07, 2018
sooperrescue:
Anyway, it is good to note that you are interested in the review of the MRS Synthetic oil. On your website, there is no information about the oil.

See a copied part from the website. FUELS & LUBRICANTS
Our Product & Services
MRS offers numerous products and services designed specifically for the consumer. The company markets fuels in Nigeria under the MRS brand. In addition to branded fuels, we also offer consumers a variety of high-quality lubricants. The lubricants are manufactured and supplied from the company’s state of the art proprietary blending facility located at apapa.

MRS provides businesses country wide with superior and reliable products and services. The company’s fuels, lubricants, commercial, industrial and retail operations nation wide allows businesses to focus on their core strengths while leaving the service aspect to us.

Our Fuels Product Lines

Petroleum motor spirit (PMS) They claimed it is high quality. Unleaded Regular is now high quality
Automotive Gas Oil (AGO)
Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK)
Aviation Kerosene (ATK)
Low pour fuel Oil (LPFO)
Our Lubricants Product Lines

Petrol Engine
MRS Premier Xtra Formula ( Is this the synthetic? I dont think so either. So where can I review the oil if I cant get any info on your website.)
MRS Premier Super SAE 40 ( This is the one you use for your C 240? Chei, Benz don hear am for Naija. Nigerian people, una too wicked.)
MRS Premier Motor Oil SAE 50. ( You complained about API Specification but on your website, there is no mention if they are all API SD or SF)
Diesel Engine ( Make I waka pass)
MRS Stallion Xtra Premium 15W 40
MRS Stallion Diesel Super LA 40
MRS Stallion Diesel HD 40
Greases
MRS Crystal grease 3
MRS Crystal All purpose EP 2
Automotive Gear Oil
MRS Motorgear EP 90 ( What happened to 75w90 gear oils. Abi the hot weather is affecting the axles?
Industrial Oils
MRS Turbo R&O
MRS Hydro HD
MRS Gearbox When you say gearbox, what does that mean?

To make my review easier, please send us the two gallons. We can pick it up at your Ile Zik outlet. You can call me too on 08098534267. Let us help your products by giving it an objective review. Note that Oando has moved to 5w30 full synthetic with BMW LL04 and many more. You can also send me the number of the lubricant manager so that I can bypass protocol. You can also send me the data spec sheet of the 5w40 through automobilesng@yahoo.com and the approved vehicles list. let me use this week to know more about the oil. I am taking up the challenge because I believe that we should not judge a book by the cover.
Correct. We await the response and your review. The SAE 50 is API SF.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by legalwealth(m): 4:12am On May 07, 2018
sooperrescue:
Thanks. Mobil hxp, visco 2000. Total q5000 are all api sl and are ideal for cars from 2004 and before 2004, and they are not suitable for any engine made after 2004. I spoke with Mobil oil and asked them for their spec sheet and they were not helpful.We are still investigating...

Thanks for the enlightenment. Does it mean that generally those using Mobil XHP for cars especially up to 2005 models are on the wrong path?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by legalwealth(m): 4:23am On May 07, 2018
ironheart:
About this oil matter, all the oil recommend are correct includding the 20w50. All we need do is to do some research. I have been busy checking user manual of most vehicles. Now they have a chart for anticipated ambient temperature.. using 20w50 in modern cars is correct. Mostly in areas where the temperature is very high.

10 or 5w30 is like the average between the high side and the low side.

For recommended oil viscosities, refer to the chart. 10W-30 grade oils are not recommended for sustained high speed driving.

What i mean is. In US n Canada where most of our cars come from, the manufacturer has to recommend an oil that can protect the engine from below freezing 0'C to 40'C ambient temperature. This is because it is not practical to change oil every time you driving between two regions of low temperature and higher temperature levels.

Here in Nigeria except you driving to some norther states during the harmattan period, where temperature can be as low as 12'C. You are safer running those cars with 20w50. As a matter of fact, if you run inter states, 20w50 is better cos of the high rev, high operating temperature and long distance.

The down side of 20w50 is in low fuel economy which may be put as 5 to 13% loss

Nice one! !!
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 4:30am On May 07, 2018
legalwealth:

Thanks for the enlightenment. Does it mean that generally those using Mobil XHP for cars especially up to 2005 models are on the wrong path?
It is too heavy.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 6:07am On May 07, 2018
Shalomc:

Correct. We await the response and your review. The SAE 50 is API SF.
Api sf for cars produced in 1988. 30 years old vehicles. Peugeot 504 sl and Gr. Vw Santana and Lada and Volga, and Vw igala, and Vw beetles aka tortoise car and Suzuki. Api SF was the reason SON raided the warehouse of Seahorse claiming substandard products. Why are the avoiding the major oil dealers is strange. Anyway, good to know. We are on. Dont forget to send me all those information and oil so that we can start the process. Good morning

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.