Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,461 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95241 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by elpiro: 10:51pm On May 12, 2018
Jazzlite:
2.4 or 2.5, with DPF or not? European or USA models?
2.4ltrs,Thailand model
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Jazzlite: 10:56pm On May 12, 2018
elpiro:

2.4ltrs,Thailand model
With DPF or not?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by elpiro: 2:25am On May 13, 2018
Jazzlite:
With DPF or not?
No DPF sir,
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:10am On May 13, 2018
Shalomc:

I did. And I was not impressed by the array of engine poisons in their stable. Very wicked assemblage. I think something is wrong with the regulatory authorities.. I am going to do MRS OR LIQUI MOLY.
Nurey has been quite educative about MRS SYNTHETIC 5W-40. 8000KM OR 6 MONTHS.
LIQUI MOLY 15,0000km or a year.

Should I send the number of the DG, SON? He is just there doing nothing. Enjoying the perks of office and not being able to make a change. I have written to the Md of Total and they acknowledged the email but so far, nothing has changed. Their 4x4 is the worst. The way they made it look, you will think it is one of the best oils. Api Sl being used on Gwagons and Range rovers.

For the L200, check the owners manual. All thesr cars sold brand new locally, they dont put the oil spec on the cover, they hide it in the manual and as we are too busy to read, we use the available oil. I once went to their office in VI and was particular about Pajero sport, we asked for the transmission fluid diaqueen j2 and they told me that they dont have it but they have partners that have it. If they dont have the gear oil, tell me which oil will they recommend to be used to service their cars, Total Q5000. Cfao recommends Total. The French Connection.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:21am On May 13, 2018
As for Nurey and his MRS on the Sienna, he has stated that it is good on his cars. I await the spec sheet of the oil from the lub manager. But one thing is certain, if a company can produce an oil that is obsolete with two classifications Api sc/sd and affix the NIS logo as a quality oil, who will believe their 5w40 to be good. Just like Total advertising latest oils on their Nigerian website and when you want to buy, you get obsolete oils on ground, can that brand be trusted? That is the issue on ground, lies and deceits and everybody is happy with it. Someone is about to buy an Suv for 150m naira and I begged him to import all the Mobil 1 his car will need for 5 years or else Nigeria will destroy the car for him. The oil is the lifeblood of any car, and if it is contaminated, it is either Hiv or hepatitis B, whichever way, no remedy or cure.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2018
sooperrescue:
As for Nurey and his MRS on the Sienna, he has stated that it is good on his cars. I await the spec sheet of the oil from the lub manager. But one thing is certain, if a company can produce an oil that is obsolete with two classifications Api sc/sd and affix the NIS logo as a quality oil, who will believe their 5w40 to be good. Just like Total advertising latest oils on their Nigerian website and when you want to buy, you get obsolete oils on ground, can that brand be trusted? That is the issue on ground, lies and deceits and everybody is happy with it. Someone is about to buy an Suv for 150m naira and I begged him to import all the Mobil 1 his car will need for 5 years or else Nigeria will destroy the car for him. The oil is the lifeblood of any car, and if it is contaminated, it is either Hiv or hepatitis B, whichever way, no remedy or cure.

I recommend the MRS because of my observations concerning the oil. during my first ownership of the vehicle I had to choose between total 5W40, forte oil syn 10,000, and MRS, I went for the MRS because it was way cheaper not better back then in 2014.

I also decided to stick with 5k miles (8k km) after several research online as time went by after 2 service interval, I had a top gasket leak oil was sipping ontop the cover of the 1st oxygen sensor and dust was causing an eye sore so the engine was opened, the color was golden yellow I had no knowledge of engine at that time since I haven't had experience with sludge b4, I asked the mechanic if the engine had sludge he said no, I asked him how he knew by just looking and he explained what sludge in engine looks like.

in all fairness I have only clocked 8000km once in my service interval it has always been 6xxx to 7xxx most of the time so I mjorly used months and the guage indicator was alwys golden brown I have never had black guage in all my years of use.

after a year of fixing the top gasket it leaked again this time from the rear around the inward manifold which causes smoke on initial startup, it wasn't a child's play as a lot of things had to be removed to get there. I also checked the engine and asked the mechanic about sludge and his reply was no, engine was ok. that's almost 2 and half years of using the MRS, that's a total of 5 service interval.

the car still steams in the morning aand water droplets visible during very cold mornings

guage still maintains its golden brown colour after 6months

my engine kick down is still functional and I can clock 160km with ease if I choose to, minimal loss of power during hill climbing, engine should be nearing 400k km on the ODO

engine doesn't short oil, as I never use pass 5L for each service interval.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 7:44am On May 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

Should I send the number of the DG, SON? He is just there doing nothing. Enjoying the perks of office and not being able to make a change. I have written to the Md of Total and they acknowledged the email but so far, nothing has changed. Their 4x4 is the worst. The way they made it look, you will think it is one of the best oils. Api Sl being used on Gwagons and Range rovers.

For the L200, check the owners manual. All thesr cars sold brand new locally, they dont put the oil spec on the cover, they hide it in the manual and as we are too busy to read, we use the available oil. I once went to their office in VI and was particular about Pajero sport, we asked for the transmission fluid diaqueen j2 and they told me that they dont have it but they have partners that have it. If they dont have the gear oil, tell me which oil will they recommend to be used to service their cars, Total Q5000. Cfao recommends Total. The French Connection.
That would be great. We should at least get a feedback before taking them to the cleaners.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 7:47am On May 13, 2018
nurey:

I recommend the MRS because of my observations concerning the oil. during my first ownership of the vehicle I had to choose between total 5W40, forte oil syn 10,000, and MRS, I went for the MRS because it was way cheaper not better back then in 2014.

I also decided to stick with 5k miles (8k km) after several research online as time went by after 2 service interval, I had a top gasket leak oil was sipping ontop the cover of the 1st oxygen sensor and dust was causing an eye sore so the engine was opened, the color was golden yellow I had no knowledge of engine at that time since I haven't had experience with sludge b4, I asked the mechanic if the engine had sludge he said no, I asked him how he knew by just looking and he explained what sludge in engine looks like.

in all fairness I have only clocked 8000km once in my service interval it has always been 6xxx to 7xxx most of the time so I mjorly used months and the guage indicator was alwys golden brown I have never had black guage in all my years of use.

after a year of fixing the top gasket it leaked again this time from the rear around the inward manifold which causes smoke on initial startup, it wasn't a child's play as a lot of things had to be removed to get there. I also checked the engine and asked the mechanic about sludge and his reply was no, engine was ok. that's almost 2 and half years of using the MRS, that's a total of 5 service interval.

the car still steams in the morning aand water droplets visible during very cold mornings

guage still maintains its golden brown colour after 6months

my engine kick down is still functional and I can clock 160km with ease if I choose to, minimal loss of power during hill climbing, engine should be nearing 400k km on the ODO

engine doesn't short oil, as I never use pass 5L for each service interval.
Interesting. I will be using liqui moly 10w40 semisynthetic.... because of its ability to restore seals. I would not like to work on my seals.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 7:53am On May 13, 2018
Shalomc:

Interesting. I will be using liqui moly 10w40 semisynthetic.... because of its ability to restore seals. I would not like to work on my seals.

stop cracking early momo joke grin seals are made from rubber and once compromised, the only way to fix it is physically replacing, no oil can fix a slacken, expanded, disfigured seal.

but the right oil can protect the seal for a very long long long time.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 7:57am On May 13, 2018
nurey:

stop cracking early momo joke grin seals are made from rubber and once compromised, the only way to fix it is physically replacing, no oil can fix a slacken, expanded, disfigured seal.

but the right oil can protect the seal for a very long long long time.

grin
I'd like you to read up on the liqui moly 10w40 semisynthetic... the blue container..

https://products.liqui-moly.com/super-leichtlauf-10w-40-2.html

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 8:44am On May 13, 2018
Shalomc:

I'd like you to read up on the liqui moly 10w40 semisynthetic... the blue container..

https://products.liqui-moly.com/super-leichtlauf-10w-40-2.html

it is good to go especially for German vehicles and it can attain 15k km according to user reviews, though manufacturer pegs it at 10k km or a year.

it contains an additive MOS2 which users says improves engine performance and noise cancellation. rated above the 5W40. utilize it if you can vouch for the product source also note the colour isn't your regular engine oil colour neither is it poster colour grin
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 8:54am On May 13, 2018
nurey:

it is good to go especially for German vehicles and it can attain 15k km according to user reviews, though manufacturer pegs it at 10k km or a year.

it contains an additive MOS2 which users says improves engine performance and noise cancellation. rated above the 5W40. utilize it if you can vouch for the product source also note the colour isn't your regular engine oil colour neither is it poster colour grin

You mixed up the super leigcthlauf 10w40 with the MOS2 10W40.... They're different oils. This is the image for the MOS2 version. While the blue is the super leigcthlauf version

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 9:04am On May 13, 2018
Shalomc:

You mixed up the super leigcthlauf 10w40 with the MOS2 10W40.... They're different oils. This is the image for the MOS2 version. While the blue is the super leigcthlauf version

you will not enjoy the MOS2 benefit in the super blue container. as the MOS2 has been touted over other variants in both petrol and diesel engines.

you are still good to go for 10k km but don't expect the benefits MOS2 users says the notice about engine performance.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:10am On May 13, 2018
So compared to the only 10w40 made by MRS and this, which one will you consider better. They are both API Sl .
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 9:37am On May 13, 2018
sooperrescue:
So compared to the only 10w40 made by MRS and this, which one will you consider better. They are both API Sl .

my brother liui moly would and should be the better choice.

3 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 10:20am On May 13, 2018
nurey:

my brother liui moly would and should be the better choice.
So in all, we dont have any good locally made engine oil. This is the tel number of the Dg Son. 08037863835. If he is not capable, let him resign. No good oil and yet their logo is on every can even on Mrs Api sc/sd premier motor oil that kills an engine. Let everyone call him and not give him rest until something drastic is done to the engine oil sector.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 10:42am On May 13, 2018
sooperrescue:
So in all, we dont have any good locally made engine oil. This is the tel number of the Dg Son. 08037863835. If he is not capable, let him resign. No good oil and yet their logo is on every can even on Mrs Api sc/sd premier motor oil that kills an engine. Let everyone call him and not give him rest until something drastic is done to the engine oil sector.
Good.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2018
I will do that now. Let him resign if he is not capable. #resigndgson#

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 4:05pm On May 13, 2018
helpishere:
I will do that now. Let him resign if he is not capable. #resigndgson#
I agree.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 12:24pm On May 17, 2018
sooperrescue:
I agree.

see me see something grin today I went to buy engine oil cause my car is due for service nd behold, I saw a new well packaged tantalising MRS 5W40 full syn with API SN/CF grin na wa ooo. I hope they did not just change packing only

1st 2 pix new, 3rd pix old, notice the SM/CF stamped on the old

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Jazzlite: 1:23pm On May 17, 2018
nurey:

see me see something grin today I went to buy engine oil cause my car is due for service nd behold, I saw a new well packaged tantalising MRS 5W40 full syn with API SN/CF grin na wa ooo. I hope they did not just change packing only

1st 2 pix new, 3rd pix old, notice the SM/CF stamped on the old
How much is this?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2018
Jazzlite:
How much is this?
13k for 5litres

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 17, 2018
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:20pm On May 17, 2018
nurey:

13k for 5litres
Something is wrong. The one that I saw was 14500
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 6:23pm On May 17, 2018
sooperrescue:

Something is wrong. The one that I saw was 14500

prices varies depending on how close the filling station is to their main office at berkely obalende, I think that's where the distribution begins from.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 7:28pm On May 17, 2018
nurey:

prices varies depending on how close the filling station is to their main office at berkely obalende, I think that's where the distribution begins from.
So if the outlet is in warri, the price will be higher too
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 7:45pm On May 17, 2018
helpishere:

So if the outlet is in warri, the price will be higher too

No not like that, I have 4 MRS I price from depending on availability always cheaper by 1k to 500naira that's even for lagos island.

it may be cheaper in warri sef. but you already have a working price so try and confirm also check the weight as there is 10W40 semi synthetic that is identical but way cheaper
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 3:17am On May 18, 2018
dollarnaira:
Most guys here only want to condemn to sell their oil.Just kuku ma tell all Nigerians to buy imported oil from US N UK.

N.B New car owners buy imported oil ooooo
Toks or Nigerian used car buy local oil.

As matter of fact self... no need to use oil for ur engine.. Just drive the motor self or better yet just ignore the manufactures advice and use the opposite of their reccomdation especially if you just bought new range rover 2018 model for 50m ..don't mind the car manufacturers jor.. Most of them just want people spend uncessary money

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 12:38pm On May 18, 2018
dru23:

As matter of fact self... no need to use oil for ur engine.. Just drive the motor self or better yet just ignore the manufactures advice and use the opposite of their reccomdation especially if you just bought new range rover 2018 model for 50m ..don't mind the car manufacturers jor.. Most of them just want people spend uncessary money

Take note of the N.B it says it all.You are deviating bro.
Read again this time SLOWLY ok?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 1:58pm On May 18, 2018
dollarnaira:

Don't mind o .. I go read am again
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:57pm On May 18, 2018
dollarnaira:

New cars buy imported oil. Was the toks and locally used oil built in Nigeria? You were the one that frowned at owners of expensive cars that uses 4k oil to service their cars. A used 2017 corolla is sold for 13m. Should the owner use our local oil?

3 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 18, 2018
dollarnaira:
Most guys here only want to condemn to sell their oil.Just kuku ma tell all Nigerians to buy imported oil from US N UK.

N.B New car owners buy imported oil ooooo
Toks or Nigerian used car buy local oil.

Please when you buy or if you already bought Toks or Nigeria used car you can opt for local oil since your Toks or Nigeria Used Car is Manufactured locally by the local oil seller.

Whether Na New, Toks or Nigeria Used Car, just stick to the specified engine Oil Grade advises by Car Manufacturer.

Also those selling oil on the thread do not hold gun to your head to buy their oil.

Just read, understand and make a wise financial decision for your car.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.