Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95250 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by snipesdam(m): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
helpishere:

Is am hearing about it for the first time. I hope it works for all cars

Have been seeing it @ AP fuel station Shell RA in portharcourt. Decided to price almost bought it but I changed my mind.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2017
snipesdam:

Have been seeing it @ AP fuel station Shell RA in portharcourt. Decided to price almost bought it but I changed my mind.
I will check it out in Lagos and will see what it had to offer. I am afraid to call the lubricant manager for Forte make he nor speak grammer again

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:11am On Jan 12, 2018
Breaking news. Oando has introduced 5w30 synthetic oil into the market. Total has removed Classic sae 40 to 20w50 but we don't want that. We want Total Classic 5w30 and aLeo at dextron 6. Our noise is being heard. I was told forte oil has moved to 5w30 too. They are finally seeing the effects of their oils on our cars
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 03, 2018
sooperrescue:
Breaking news. Oando has introduced 5w30 synthetic oil into the market. Total has removed Classic sae 40 to 20w50 but we don't want that. We want Total Classic 5w30 and aLeo at dextron 6. Our noise is being heard. I was told forte oil has moved to 5w30 too. They are finally seeing the effects of their oils on our cars
are these newly introduced oils good for Toyota Corolla 04& Camry 03. And for sm1 that can't afford mobil 1 at the moment which other oil is manageable
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by VolvoS60(m): 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
Bloody hell.

The Mobil 1 (5w 30, SN) sold here is damn expensive. It really stings to read here that it is rubbish and a waste of money. angry

I tried the importers (of the US manufactured Mobil 1) mentioned here in this thread but they run out of stock from time to time.

To complicate matters, I hear that the US Mobil 1 is not really synthetic - I hear it is made from mineral base stocks unlike the oils from Europe which are fully synthetic and are made from 100% synthetic base stocks. undecided For this reason I decided to try out Liquimoly - went to Liquimoly rep in Nigeria to buy some stock from them but they were not ready to do business - rather poor customer service on their part. undecided

Motul reps in Nigeria said they were not authorized to sell lubricants - apparently their role is limited to brand promotion and events management but nothing in the way of actually selling the stuff which really counts. undecided

At this rate people will be better off making their own sourcing arrangements. It WILL cost more but it seems the only way to guarantee peace of mind.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 6:04am On Mar 04, 2018
VolvoS60:
Bloody hell.

The Mobil 1 (5w 30, SN) sold here is damn expensive. It really stings to read here that it is rubbish and a waste of money. angry

I tried the importers (of the US manufactured Mobil 1) mentioned here in this thread but they run out of stock from time to time.

To complicate matters, I hear that the US Mobil 1 is not really synthetic - I hear it is made from mineral base stocks unlike the oils from Europe which are fully synthetic and are made from 100% synthetic base stocks. undecided For this reason I decided to try out Liquimoly - went to Liquimoly rep in Nigeria to buy some stock from them but they were not ready to do business - rather poor customer service on their part. undecided

Motul reps in Nigeria said they were not authorized to sell lubricants - apparently their role is limited to brand promotion and events management but nothing in the way of actually selling the stuff which really counts. undecided

At this rate people will be better off making their own sourcing arrangements. It WILL cost more but it seems the only way to guarantee peace of mind.

You are very correct but how can mobil 1 esp be expensive at 14k? The mobil 1 Usa has different types but the ones that rings a bell is the advanced full synthetic and the extended performance. That is even higher than the esp. For the esp, it is the only oil recommended for Peugeot cars and not the synthetic blend total q9000 that will damage the engine. Last friday, I was performing carbon cleaning on a 2008 camry and the sludge in that engine was very thick. When we opened the oil chamber , at the top, there was even no sight of the oil in the engine. Using cheap oils are harmful to your engines and you should please use the recommended oil for your car. The issue with the European oil is that they are not made for US specs of automobiles. Same way, US oil producers can't make oil for European cars except it is explicitly stated. The Us specs cars is dominant in the Nigerian auto space and therefore the engine oils should be for those cars it was made for. We are now on Tv on Autoxpat channel 255 mitv on sundays at 7pm for infomation about your car.. Stay tuned.

balogz:
are these newly introduced oils good for Toyota Corolla 04& Camry 03. And for sm1 that can't afford mobil 1 at the moment which other oil is manageable

It will work well with your car but if price is a factor, yku might regret those 20w 50 oils that you put in your car
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by VolvoS60(m): 7:10am On Mar 04, 2018
sooperrescue:

You are very correct but how can mobil 1 esp be expensive at 14k? The mobil 1 Usa has different types but the ones that rings a bell is the advanced full synthetic and the extended performance. That is even higher than the esp. For the esp, it is the only oil recommended for Peugeot cars and not the synthetic blend total q9000 that will damage the engine. Last friday, I was performing carbon cleaning on a 2008 camry and the sludge in that engine was very thick. When we opened the oil chamber , at the top, there was even no sight of the oil in the engine. Using cheap oils are harmful to your engines and you should please use the recommended oil for your car. The issue with the European oil is that they are not made for US specs of automobiles. Same way, US oil producers can't make oil for European cars except it is explicitly stated. The Us specs cars is dominant in the Nigerian auto space and therefore the engine oils should be for those cars it was made for. We are now on Tv on Autoxpat channel 255 mitv on sundays at 7pm for infomation about your car.. Stay tuned.

It will work well with your car but if price is a factor, yku might regret those 20w 50 oils that you put in your car

^^^^
Fair point.

It is one thing to pay a lot and get what you pay for. It is another thing to pay a lot and get less than what you are paying for. That's the issue with this controversy over Nigerian market Mobil 1 versus US market Mobil 1. The issue needs to be resolved ASAP - Mobil 1 is the most expensive oil sold here (if I am not mistaken) so consumers should get value for their money.

But the labeling on Nigerian market Mobil 1 does list some of the most recent approvals (e.g. dexos 2) and it also has an API rating of SN. These are solid credentials - is the oil so bad if it has these ratings and approvals? I am getting to the point where I may have to pay for a UOA (if the cost isn't too high) at the next service just to set the record straight.

You made a point about US spec versus Euro spec vehicles. The problem is that some vehicles are neither grin. My 2012 Camry and 2008 RAV4 were bought here. Will they use Euro spec oils or US spec oils (or 9ja spec grin)? And most of these oils do have both Euro approvals (ACEA) and US approvals (SAE, API) anyway.

In the end I just tried to follow the rules and find out what worked for me. The owners manuals for my vehicles actually list 20w 50 (API SL/SM) as approved oil and so I used 20w 50 oil for years - after all, the manuals said it was ok to do so. (And 20w 50 oil is far more common here and more affordable than other viscosities - the only 5w 30 oil I see on sale here is expensive synthetic oil). I only decided to switch to 5w 30 on the strength of a post by Siena a couple of years ago and I haven't looked back, to be honest. But that was a personal decision I made. The question is why Toyota would approve the use of 20w 50 oil if indeed it is unsuitable for Toyota engines?

I'll probably source my lubricants independently. Liquimoly has some oils specifically for Asian (Toyota, etc) cars. Toyota also has its own branded oils (although we hear its the same Mobil 1 being rebranded under the Toyota nameplate). There's also Motul. I'll be looking in that direction.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
Where is the Op response that he made since 8.09 this morning? The mod must be high on Ethiopian chat again. There are some secrets that Nairaland is trying to hide on behalf of the unscrupulous elements in the automobile industry. They always ban comments from sooperrescue on this thread. Close this thread and see how other forums would take over
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:12am On Mar 05, 2018
Thanks my guy. The mod must really be eating ethiopian chat and it is affecting his capacity to moderate a forum. Volvos60, I will respond to your comment later but please help me check your owner's manual if the fuel type is lead or unleaded
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by VolvoS60(m): 11:11am On Mar 05, 2018
sooperrescue:
Thanks my guy. The mod must really be eating ethiopian chat and it is affecting his capacity to moderate a forum. Volvos60, I will respond to your comment later but please help me check your owner's manual if the fuel type is lead or unleaded

^^^^

Unleaded fuel, RON 91 or higher.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2018
Funny matter. They ask you to use 20w50 mineral oil on a car that requires premium fuel. Therein lies all the problem we have concerning cars in Nigeria. If they recommend api sl oil on a 2012 car that requires premium unleaded, wahala dey
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 1:48am On Mar 06, 2018
So Toyota cars sold locally are to use unleaded premium fuel and it is not even stated on their fuel tank. They know Nigerians don't like reading and so will not paste any information in a place where the owner can read. Highest ddeception. Where are those holy men that were abusing cars45? Come and see the reason why the 17m toyota corolla is failing. It uses 20w50api sl and requires premium unleaded fuel.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by snipesdam(m): 9:17am On Mar 06, 2018
sooperrescue:
I will check it out in Lagos and will see what it had to offer. I am afraid to call the lubricant manager for Forte make he nor speak grammer again

You haven't checked out this Forte Oil Advanced Synthetic Oil.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2018
Not yet, but will do that this week and see what they have produced
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by connkg(m): 11:22am On Mar 06, 2018
Hello sooperrescue,
I was browsing the aisles of a Supermarket and saw an ABRO 4litre can 5W-30.
Have you come across that before?
Does ABRO now make everything except upholstery?
I will attach a picture in my next post because I am very curious. I was told the price was 8K.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2018
If abro is producing synthetic, run from it

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by connkg(m): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
Below is what I saw...

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
This oil is from Coscharis. Difficult to trust
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 06, 2018
sooperrescue:
If abro is producing synthetic, run from it
Why?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:45pm On Mar 06, 2018
angels09:

Why?
Abro is a name you will want to use for any product. I can decide to produce an oil and they will make it for me under their name and most of their products are imported by Coscharis. You can get to buy the battery from Coscharis that were made in 2010 and sold as new. You can get abro dex atf which is suitable for 1980 cars and being sold in 2018. We know those whose power steerings and gearboxes have been destroyed by using abro. Their engine flush is another matter. So it is a continous policy to destroy the cars that uses their brand. I was at Peugeot office and their new 3008 and 508 recommends Total activa quartz and that oil does not exist in Nigeria. We will advise owners of peugeots to use Mobil 1 esp 5w30 for all their oil needs.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by shotuns: 8:34am On Mar 07, 2018
@sooperescue

Kindly advice , I need to change my engine oil today, recommended oil grade is SAE Multigrade 10W30, since this grade isnt readily available,i have been on mobile xhp 20w50 ...but i noticed high fuel consumption and intends to change..And with all these obsolete oil in the market , I am so confused.. Mobil 1 price killing and if there are other cheaper variant you can recommend for 2002 durango.....
Thanks boss.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:41am On Mar 07, 2018
You need to use the right oil irrespective of price. Imagine buying fuel at 145 and wasting it because of wrong cheap oils. Get in touch with Gazzuzz on 08033910382. I also buy from him sometimes.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by snipesdam(m): 11:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
sooperrescue:

Here is synthetic oil made by Forte Oil. Guys what's your take on this.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
From my interaction with their lube manager, they dont know what they produce because their GM oil specification is for diesel cars while it is not suitable for General motors petrol engines. And from further research, most cars requires oils for gasoline engine
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2018
sooperrescue:
From my interaction with their lube manager, they dont know what they produce because their GM oil specification is for diesel cars while it is not suitable for General motors petrol engines. And from further research, most cars requires oils for gasoline engine

The way u are condemning all made in Nigeria engine oil is greatly alarming.You condemn all brands so well that u approve mobile 1.Are u their agent?You approved only imported oil esp from US.You claim to make calls to managers of most Nigeria engine oil.Bros I doubt u.You are just a fan of imported goods where locally made goods are taboo.Do u take these oil to a laboratory to ascertain ur claims?The truth most of u don't know is dat any SAE will work for us here in this country due to our weather.No engine oil will freeze at zero but will all heat up at max temp of 40 degrees.Ranges of SAE is dependent on cold temperatures dat can freeze oil.The question is, has Nigeria ever recorded cold temp at Zero or below zero?Most foreign countries' weather record very low cold temperatures a factor dat control d type of viscosity of engine oil to be used in dat region.So dont use anoda man's weda judge ur own.I run on visco 2000 Sae 20W 50.If u bought a new car ask the company for better oil choice.If you bought fairly used use ur choice of branded oil and change frequently.E.g if a new car requires 8000 miles for service you can do 1500 or 2000 miles for old cars.My point here is based on choice of viscosity.Think!!!
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:16am On Apr 19, 2018
I am not against our made in naija oils. In fact we dont have made in naija oils except the visco that you use. These companies have and r and d unit and if I want to provide oil for a market, I should look for the one that will suit the market. Peugeot recommends Total oil but that oil recommended by Peugeot does not exist in Nigeria. So people use the Total oil that is available and it destroys the engines. Toyota USA recommends 0w20 for the engines and for all weather, all weather and you bring it to Naija and use 20w50. Unless you dont trust the manufacturer, then follow your mechanic. I once used Oando SM20w50 api sl on my range rover sport and the wahala I had made Oando staff to admonish me for using that oil. People are buying engines all the time and we have not bothered to find out the root cause. It was PAN engineer that told me to inform people to use Mobil 1 esp for the new generation of Peugeot cars but meanwhile the sticker recommending Total is still on the car. The oils sold by Total in France, it is not available in Nigeria. There are classifications of oil and if you can check Honda and Toyota, they want you to use 0w20. Is it available locally? Why cant Oando produce 0w20 since the current cars requires the oil? It is only recently they brought out 5w30 when even a honda accord 09 requires 5w20. Are they for us or against us? I told Forte oil manager to put a caveat informing motorists the Visco 2000 is an api sl and not suitable for cars above 2004, he said it is not possible. Mobil said that they are selling those oils because Nigerians are poor and they cant afford the right oils for their cars. You did not see me holding a gun to force anyone not to buy obsolete oils but do not say no one told you.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 11:28am On Apr 19, 2018
dollarnaira:

The way u are condemning all made in Nigeria engine oil is greatly alarming.You condemn all brands so well that u approve mobile 1.Are u their agent?You approved only imported oil esp from US.You claim to make calls to managers of most Nigeria engine oil.Bros I doubt u.You are just a fan of imported goods where locally made goods are taboo.Do u take these oil to a laboratory to ascertain ur claims?The truth most of u don't know is dat any SAE will work for us here in this country due to our weather.No engine oil will freeze at zero but will all heat up at max temp of 40 degrees.Ranges of SAE is dependent on cold temperatures dat can freeze oil.The question is, has Nigeria ever recorded cold temp at Zero or below zero?Most foreign countries' weather record very low cold temperatures a factor dat control d type of viscosity of engine oil to be used in dat region.So dont use anoda man's weda judge ur own.I run on visco 2000 Sae 20W 50.If u bought a new car ask the company for better oil choice.If you bought fairly used use ur choice of branded oil and change frequently.E.g if a new car requires 8000 miles for service you can do 1500 or 2000 miles for old cars.My point here is based on choice of viscosity.Think!!!

Load of crap and horse sh1t, is the work of engine oil only is to heat up at 40 degrees?

engine oil helps lubricate parts, serves as heat transfer in engines, protects engine and important internal components etc, when manufacturers produce engine before stamping a recommended engine oil variant, the engine must have gone through vigorous testing in all extreme whether conditions. so you using 20W50 for your car whether old or new is total bullshit.

my sienna has almost 400k km and I still run 5W40 for 6months or 8k km and I have no engine issue infact in its 4 years + I have not done any engine work

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2018
nurey:

Load of crap and horse sh1t, is the work of engine oil only is to heat up at 40 degrees?

engine oil helps lubricate parts, serves as heat transfer in engines, protects engine and important internal components etc, when manufacturers produce engine before stamping a recommended engine oil variant, the engine must have gone through vigorous testing in all extreme whether conditions. so you using 20W50 for your car whether old or new is total bullshit.

my sienna has almost 400k km and I still run 5W40 for 6months or 8k km and I have no engine issue infact in its 4 years + I have not done any engine work
Tell them
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 11:51am On Apr 19, 2018
sooperrescue:

Tell them

please I am lazy lately I can't go through the thread again, the last time I did you haven't included the MRS syn engine oil, please paste the location cause that's the oil I currently use for 3 cars and we have not had engine issues. I need to read your verdict on it

thanks

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
nurey:

please I am lazy lately I can't go through the thread again, the last time I did you haven't included the MRS syn engine oil, please paste the location cause that's the oil I currently use for 3 cars and we have not had engine issues. I need to read your verdict on it

thanks
Honestly I have not seen that oil. The last time I went there, I saw that they sell 20w50 api Sm which was the highest in its category. I will look for the oil. The last time I really fancied that brand was when it was Twxaco. As at 2008, they were the only one selling dexron 111 imported from Belgium. But sadly MR left and abandoned MRS, it is a sad story to tell
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2018
nurey:

Who on earth did not know dat engine oil lubricates but all u could pick up is 40 degrees.Guy u amazed me.Can i ask if your siena was bought new?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.