Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635198 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by drlayla(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2017
frajon:
Hello Doctors in the house. Pls do men take clomid?
men don't usually need clomid as it is an ovulation inducing drugs
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bukkylove(f): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2017
mamziii:
I have been treating uti with auroxetil 500mg for 5days now but there is still no changes although it's a 2weeks treatment. Should I be worried? [color=#000099][/color]

Buy mistpot citrate.. aka mixture of pottasium citrate. 1-2 tablespoon well diluted with water 3 times daily.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by xxxzotique(f): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2017
Hi , any ENT doctors in here Please? i have a question
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mizbee: 11:40am On Mar 11, 2017
Good morning everyone. Please, for somedays now I noticed have been experiencing some on and off pain in my right breast which have never had before. Normally, before my period I do have sore/heavy breast days before it starts and its always a sign to notify me of my period but I was surprised cos i dint experience it this last one I had few weeks back but instead I have been having this unusual pain. Please, what can I do because its beginning to bother me. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
mizbee:
Good morning everyone. Please, for somedays now I noticed have been experiencing some on and off pain in my right breast which have never had before. Normally, before my period I do have sore/heavy breast days before it starts and its always a sign to notify me of my period but I was surprised cos i dint experience it this last one I had few weeks back but instead I have been having this unusual pain. Please, what can I do because its beginning to bother me. Thanks
Some quick questions which should guide our advice :
Any pattern associated with this pain? (maybe more when you wake or when ur active)
Does the pain seem to move to your back or shoulder?
Does the pain seem to ache or is it sharp or dull?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
Damilare5882:
Hello docs in the house ..my dad has been complaining of severe lower back ache ..he's been to the hospital and was told to do xray but no defect was found as he was told everything is perfect ..but he complains so much about the back pain ..he screams whenever he wants to stand up ..he can't sitdown straight except with a support ..same thing if he wants to stand ..also he finds it hard to twist his waist ..he is 57yrs ... Please what can he do and use? I really feel so bad when ever I see him groan in pains ..hoping to hear from the docs in the house soon .. Thanks
It's usually not advisable to settle with just one opinion especially if there doesn't seem to be a way forward.
I'd advise you seek another opinion from a different hospital (preferably a teaching hospital).
Your dad may be experiencing a nerve compression syndrome usually due to a slipped disc.
There is also a condition called vertebral arthrodesis and may not be picked up by an X-ray, except a CT scan or MRI is done.
Take your dad to a federal hospital near you.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
witgig:
Must one get a referral before one can see a urologist. Can I go for scan on my own as sfa shows oligospermia. Doctor is just giving hormonal drugs and antibiotic fr 5 months now..
From online reading I feel isolating varicocele possibility as a cause is important now. Drs in d house I beg Kindly guide me on what to do.
You can see a doctor on self or medical referral however I'd advice you don't do any scan till you have seen the urologist.
Speaking from personal experience, if a patient I haven't evaluated brings a scan which I didnt order for, it spoils my mood and I may have to re-order for another scan especially if it was done by a centre whose scans i'm not comfortable with.
Varicocele isn't a historical diagnosis, the most important part of the diagnosis is on examination.
Bottom line : go and see the urologist ffs
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
jadajada:
pls, do you know if there is herbal remedy or alternative treatment for it?
First it's pertinent to know how you came about the diagnosis of GOO. drlayla has told you most of what you need to know but let's get down to the basics sef
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
gbengaoyeladun:
hello doc in the house, i had hepatitis b, my eye is yellow in colour likewise my urine also. Pls which drug i can use to treat it .
Easy mate, how long have you had the hepatitis?
What tests have you done? Decision to give drugs and the type of drugs depends on some factors. So let's take it one by one.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jadajada: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
frenchwine:

First it's pertinent to know how you came about the diagnosis of GOO. drlayla has told you most of what you need to know but let's get down to the basics sef
it happens that for sometime I have been having frequent indigestion and bloatness after eating and most times feel uncomfortable until I vomit. I went to a hospital and the doctor said is GOO but I shld go for barium test to confirm. He also ask if I had history of ulcer, which is the major cause And that if it's confirmed that the only solution is surgery.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mizbee: 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
frenchwine:

Some quick questions which should guide our advice :
Any pattern associated with this pain? (maybe more when you wake or when ur active)
Does the pain seem to move to your back or shoulder?
Does the pain seem to ache or is it sharp or dull?

Sometimes when am active and also when I lay down at night. Its moves more to my shoulder and the pain is inbetween sharp and sometimes dull. I always place my hand on it whenever I feel the sharp pain. Its really confusing because I havent really noticed the pattern. I still felt the pain in the morning while sitting down that was the reason I sent the message. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
mizbee:

Sometimes when am active and also when I lay down at night. Its moves more to my shoulder and the pain is inbetween sharp and sometimes dull. I always place my hand on it whenever I feel the sharp pain. Its really confusing because I havent really noticed the pattern. I still felt the pain in the morning while sitting down that was the reason I sent the message. Thanks

From your description, it doesn't appear like cyclical breast pain which usually comes at some routine time of the month and affects both breasts.
This one looks more like non-cyclical and not to freak you out two common conditions come to mind both of which can only be confirmed when your breast is examined.
You may also need to do an X-ray or mammogram for confirmation. (the doctor would decide that after examining you)
So I'd advice you make your way to the hospital and get examined.
Meanwhile you could use some pain killers for relief.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
jadajada:
it happens that for sometime I have been having frequent indigestion and bloatness after eating and most times feel uncomfortable until I vomit. I went to a hospital and the doctor said is GOO but I shld go for barium test to confirm. He also ask if I had history of ulcer, which is the major cause And that if it's confirmed that the only solution is surgery.
Well, a GOO is best diagnosed after you do either a scan or an X-ray (barium meal). As it is, it's not impossible that you have GOO buh until confirmed by the barium meal, it may just be a case of indigestion (acid peptic disease).
I advise you go ahead with the barium meal.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mamziii(f): 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
drlayla:
u need to do a urine mcs
did a urine and blood test at a federal medical center don't know if the urine test was urine mcs
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jadajada: 2:37am On Mar 12, 2017
frenchwine:

Well, a GOO is best diagnosed after you do either a scan or an X-ray (barium meal). As it is, it's not impossible that you have GOO buh until confirmed by the barium meal, it may just be a case of indigestion (acid peptic disease).
I advise you go ahead with the barium meal.
pls, what's the likely cost of the test and can I get the test done in a public/government hospital?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 12, 2017
jadajada:
pls, what's the likely cost of the test and can I get the test done in a public/government hospital?
The cost varies with different towns and with private/public centres.
Not sure how much it is, but it shouldnt be more than 5k.
Here it's 3k5
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2017
HELLO DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE GOOD MORNING I HAVE BEEN DIZZY FOR MORE THAN TWO WEEK ALTHOUGH IT ALL BEGAN WEN I TOOK EXCESS ALCOHOL. LATER I HAD AN HANGOVER UPON TILL NOW.INITIALLY I HAVE TAKEN MALARIA DRUGS BUT ALL TO NO AVAIL. I HAVE ALSO BEEN EXPERIENCING WEAK JOINT ON MY KNEE AND SOME OTHER RANDOM PAIN
PLS HELP
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jadajada: 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
frenchwine:
The cost varies with different towns and with private/public centres. Not sure how much it is, but it shouldnt be more than 5k. Here it's 3k5
pls, where is that, I mean where I can get it for 3k5?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2017
jadajada:
pls, where is that, I mean where I can get it for 3k5?
Where are you and how much is it there?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jadajada: 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
frenchwine:

Where are you and how much is it there?
I am at ibadan. Where the doctor recommended, they said 20k.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2017
jadajada:
I am at ibadan. Where the doctor recommended, they said 20k.
Lol, not unexpected. I'm in the north and would confirm the current rate tomorrow. Last time I sent for that invg was 3months ago.
If you subtract tfare plus accommodation money, it would be roughly same.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jadajada: 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
frenchwine:

Lol, not unexpected. I'm in the north and would confirm the current rate tomorrow. Last time I sent for that invg was 3months ago.
If you subtract tfare plus accommodation money, it would be roughly same.
will be glad if u can help me do that
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by saipn: 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2017
gud evening doctors in the house I fetched water today and the keg I carried was heavy now am having serious back pain and my chest,pls is it necessary I go for Xray or should I use rub?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2017
saipn:
gud evening doctors in the house I fetched water today and the keg I carried was heavy now am having serious back pain and my chest,pls is it necessary I go for Xray or should I use rub?
X-ray isn't necessary at this stage, you may only be experiencing muscular strain and spasm.
You can use a painkiller for 2/3 days.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by saipn: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2017
frenchwine:

X-ray isn't necessary at this stage, you may only be experiencing muscular strain and spasm.
You can use a painkiller for 2/3 days.
thank you

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bukkylove(f): 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
mizbee:

Press it and see if it brings milk....i will also suggest hormonal profile to rule out high prolactin....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Damoxy(m): 2:21am On Mar 13, 2017
Doctors in d house, Pls I want to know what I can take to help reduce pains in my right ear lobes. And also which fruit in hearing aid
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbengaoyeladun(m): 8:01am On Mar 13, 2017
frenchwine:

Easy mate, how long have you had the hepatitis?
What tests have you done? Decision to give drugs and the type of drugs depends on some factors. So let's take it one by one.
after the hepatitis world day in 2016, i just went to the lab to check my status and the result show that i am positive that was september last year. But nothhing happen to me oo , am not sick,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2017
HELLO DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE GOOD MORNING I HAVE BEEN DIZZY FOR MORE THAN TWO WEEK ALTHOUGH IT ALL BEGAN WEN I TOOK EXCESS ALCOHOL. LATER I HAD AN HANGOVER UPON TILL NOW.INITIALLY I HAVE TAKEN MALARIA DRUGS BUT ALL TO NO AVAIL. I HAVE ALSO BEEN EXPERIENCING WEAK JOINT ON MY KNEE AND SOME OTHER RANDOM PAIN PLS HELP
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 13, 2017
gbengaoyeladun:
after the hepatitis world day in 2016, i just went to the lab to check my status and the result show that i am positive that was september last year. But nothhing happen to me oo , am not sick,
Good then. Subclinical hepatitis mostly requires lifestyle adjustment. Run away from alcohol and don't use drugs not prescribed by your doctor.
Very importantly, practise safe sex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.