Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637166 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by donaldinho111: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

That should put your mind at rest........
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by swagficient(m): 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
Good evening Docs on the house, a friend of mine was diagnosed of severe hypocalcemia with tetany 2 years back with no underlying disease. She was treated and discharged feeling good but since then she has been complaining of shaking hands, pins and needles etc, which usually subsides with the intake of Calcium.
I want to ask if it's possible to have hypocalcemia frequently without any underlying renal malfunction or disease.
*** she's a SCDp
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
swagficient:
Good evening Docs on the house, a friend of mine was diagnosed of severe hypocalcemia with tetany 2 years back with no underlying disease. She was treated and discharged feeling good but since then she has been complaining of shaking hands, pins and needles etc, which usually subsides with the intake of Calcium.
I want to ask if it's possible to have hypocalcemia frequently without any underlying renal malfunction or disease.
*** she's a SCDp
I think it may be somewhat out of place for you to conclude that she has isolated hypocalcemia.
Was the serum albumin measured? Is it high or normal? Was the serum phosphate also measured?
Again, her being SCD ticks some boxes. Could be any of pancreas, thyroid, bone ish or even metabolic ish. It doesn'tn necessarily haveto be kidneys.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Flochris94(f): 1:02am On Jun 26, 2017
Please I need help. I've been battling with something like bumps on my upper arms and back for as long as I can remember. I don't know if thats wat dey call keratosis pilaris. Sometimes it itches. It leaves dark spots on me wen some of it finally goes which can take like 3months. I've tried funbact a, skineal, even nixoderm yet nothing. It's frustrating cos I have to keep on covering my arms. My back looks real bad. Please is there any drug or cream I can use to take it out?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by swagficient(m): 9:56am On Jun 26, 2017
olrotimi:

I think it may be somewhat out of place for you to conclude that she has isolated hypocalcemia.
Was the serum albumin measured? Is it high or normal? Was the serum phosphate also measured?
Again, her being SCD ticks some boxes. Could be any of pancreas, thyroid, bone ish or even metabolic ish. It doesn'tn necessarily haveto be kidneys.

I didn't conclude, several tests were done, she was admitted for 2 weeks.
I couldn't remember if the serum albumen was normal or not but the phosphate was normal.
It was a teaching hospital so a Nephrologist was attending to her.

What would you advise sir, She can't be taking calcium supplement foreve. can she?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Favic1(m): 11:16am On Jun 26, 2017
Can someone recommend good hospital for fibroid operation in Lagos and is LUTH also good for operation
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by odrims: 11:22am On Jun 26, 2017
hello,

I have someone who has hepatitis b and along the line her period stopped having just spent two months in U.k. now she says things aren't going well , could hep b cause the period thing cos she hasn't seen her period for a year now, its really baffling , and could hep b be treated?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by healthconcerns(m): 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2017
Contact Nurse Funmilayo Odianose on +2348162967992; i will much glad to tell you more about the wonderful health benefits of using this supplements from GNLD. Her nutritionals are based in nature and backed by science.

I am a Registered and Licensed NURSE with the Nigerian Medical Association. And a licensed and registered GNLD/NeoLife Healthcare Partner and Supplements Distributor in Lagos State, Nigeria

GNLD, its simply the best!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tbillz(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2017
Balogun:
Health Checks. Doctor in the House

For all you Nairalanders I have decided to be your official doctor in the house. I have found this site so helpful in bonding me to my motherland I have decided to give medical advice with the usual disclaimer. This is just advice. Further treatment should be sought from your personal physician!
God bless your initiative and the forum as a whole, please I have been experiencing itcy groin and the tip of my male organ with reddish rashes, what's do U suggest aside seeing my physician which I will surely do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
swagficient:

I didn't conclude, several tests were done, she was admitted for 2 weeks.
I couldn't remember if the serum albumen was normal or not but the phosphate was normal.
It was a teaching hospital so a Nephrologist was attending to her.

What would you advise sir, She can't be taking calcium supplement foreve. can she?
From the little information you gave, I have highlighted a few possibilities. There isn't much tthat can be done from here cos we aren't privy to the available test results.
I would advice that since you have been frequenting a teaching hospital, go back there. This time around you may need to see an endocrinologist.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
odrims:
hello,

I have someone who has hepatitis b and along the line her period stopped having just spent two months in U.k. now she says things aren't going well , could hep b cause the period thing cos she hasn't seen her period for a year now, its really baffling , and could hep b be treated?
A person in the UK is exposed one of the best available health care there is. (Why do you think your president ran there? lol). Well, she should visit the hospital there and get all her needs attended to .
As to your curiosity, yes. Hep B can delay or stop menses ,esp the cchronic type with a high viral load. I have had a similar patient.
And as per cure? Yeah, it can be cured, esp if treatment commences early.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
Flochris94:
Please I need help. I've been battling with something like bumps on my upper arms and back for as long as I can remember. I don't know if thats wat dey call keratosis pilaris. Sometimes it itches. It leaves dark spots on me wen some of it finally goes which can take like 3months. I've tried funbact a, skineal, even nixoderm yet nothing. It's frustrating cos I have to keep on covering my arms. My back looks real bad. Please is there any drug or cream I can use to take it out?
I think it's best you visit a dermatologist in any teaching hospital close to you.
You know we just cant prescribe meds like that when havent seen the lesion and made our own diagnosis.
Skin lesions are better diagnosed from seeing it, not from hearing about it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by donaldinho111: 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
pls this feeling of back of the neck pain, itching,feeling sleepy and very tired during the day,nausea and wanting to vomit wont go away.

What could be wrong
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by swagficient(m): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
olrotimi:

From the little information you gave, I have highlighted a few possibilities. There isn't much tthat can be done from here cos we aren't privy to the available test results.
I would advice that since you have been frequenting a teaching hospital, go back there. This time around you may need to see an endocrinologist.

Thanks, I was just scared cos of her SC nature and the possibility of a kidney disease.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Usernamee: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hello doctors,
pls where can i do barium meal test here in southwest n hw much does it cost

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by odrims: 10:06pm On Jun 26, 2017
olrotimi:

A person in the UK is exposed one of the best available health care there is. (Why do you think your president ran there? lol). Well, she should visit the hospital there and get all her needs attended to .
As to your curiosity, yes. Hep B can delay or stop menses ,esp the cchronic type with a high viral load. I have had a similar patient.
And as per cure? Yeah, it can be cured, esp if treatment commences early.

what can be done please ?

shes been with the doc there..but nothing much according to her

that your patient , is her menses back?

doc, I await your answer
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ExpensiveG: 8:07am On Jun 27, 2017
please I need to talk to an Orthopedic Doctor in the house house....
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
ExpensiveG:
please I need to talk to an Orthopedic Doctor in the house house....

Thanks

Why not post your question ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tbillz:
God bless your initiative and the forum as a whole, please I have been experiencing itcy groin and the tip of my male organ with reddish rashes, what's do U suggest aside seeing my physician which I will surely do?

Did you have unprotected sexual intercourse ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
donaldinho111:
pls this feeling of back of the neck pain, itching,feeling sleepy and very tired during the day,nausea and wanting to vomit wont go away.

What could be wrong

Unfortunately all this symptoms you are presenting, could easily be traced to over 60 causes. You require physical examination from your physician .......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
odrims:

what can be done please ?

shes been with the doc there..but nothing much according to her

that your patient , is her menses back?

How many GP'S has see seen to seek a second, third or even forth opinion ? It is free in the UK to seek medical assistance (if she is a legally in the uk )
She should ask her GP to refer her to a consultant or better still present herself in A & E..........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Favic1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Favic1:
Can someone recommend good hospital for fibroid operation in Lagos and is LUTH also good for operation
Dear House, No body is answering me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by odrims: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

How many GP'S has see seen to seek a second, third or even forth opinion ? It is free in the UK to seek medical assistance (if she is a legally in the uk )
She should ask her GP to refer her to a consultant or better still present herself in A & E..........

she's legal... she's doing her masters there ..so she's legal
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tbillz(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Did you have unprotected sexual intercourse ?
Yes!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tbillz:
Yes!

You need to run to your nearest hospital for a test and treatment.....

You don carry LOAD............

NB : Also best to ask your companion to seek medical intervention (well, not unless nah olosho)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by odrims: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
odrims:

She's in Republic of Ireland sorry
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
odrims:

Hence she should asked to be referred. Or seek opinions from other GP's within her place of abode.........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbeseun(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hi doctors in the

Please I recently noticed that I have little or low erection or lemme put it as dysfunctional erection when I moved to have sex with my wife .I have searced my self.I rarely drink beer.I don't smoke,but I have hand of about 150/110 mmhg blood pressure and I am on control medications ,I don't know what help can render or is there any medication I ca be placed on.I have not discussed it with a doctor cos am feelig shy,but I believe I can get help here.
I can pm me on seun.oni70@gmail.com or state ur replies here so others can learn from it.
Thank u
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
gbeseun:
Hi doctors in the

Please I recently noticed that I have little or low erection or lemme put it as dysfunctional erection when I moved to have sex with my wife .I have searced my self.I rarely drink beer.I don't smoke,but I have hand of about 150/110 mmhg blood pressure and I am on control medications ,I don't know what help can render or is there any medication I ca be placed on.I have not discussed it with a doctor cos am feelig shy,but I believe I can get help here.
I can pm me on seun.oni70@gmail.com or state ur replies here so others can learn from it.
Thank u

Are you diabetic? Did you ever have active spells of masturbation?

Unfortunately, you would have to speak to a Doctor physically.
Drugs exists to help the male libido, but underlying conditions needs to be considered...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ONUTOPSY(m): 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
THANK DOCTOR
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ONUTOPSY(m): 9:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
THANK
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbeseun(m): 6:29am On Jun 28, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Are you diabetic? Did you ever have active spells of masturbation?

Unfortunately, you would have to speak to a Doctor physically.
Drugs exists to help the male libido, but underlying conditions needs to be considered...

I don't think I am diabetic but I have high blood pressure and am on medication.I have never mastubate befor

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.