Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? (20712 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman / Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? by blueAgent(m): 7:06am On Nov 20, 2016
Kirinwa:

It seems you lack an analytical mind.

To me by extension Adichie is saying all white men are racists owing to their role in slave trade.

Its like asking a judge to decide the case of his own mother in a court of law. You'll agree with me that it won't be free and fair trial as the case is already decided before court appearance.

Jews are also white people. Is she also saying that they don't have a say as regards racism? The jews that were almost obliterated if Hitler was not stopped. Racism is like AIDS if you are not infected, you affected. Using the word white people, black people, coloured people is racism in itself because it stereotypes people based on their skin colour. That's what Martin Luther Jnr fought against in his ; I have a dream speech.
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm

In conclusion I wish to believe it was an emotional statement by her rather than a logical statement. Women are emotional beings. Op let's cut her some slacks, okay? Thanks people.

Then all blackmen are racists also, for selling their brothers into slavery.
Re: Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? by Charlesdock(m): 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
blueAgent:

I disagree on you calling one a racist for giving qualities and abilites to certain races.
Do you think all the races have equal qualities and abilites?
Sure they have.
Re: Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? by mrrights: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hum
Re: Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? by blueAgent(m): 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
Charlesdock:
Sure they have.

I disagree. One race (The white race is far more predominate in all areas of Human life than any other race.
Re: Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? by Charlesdock(m): 5:27am On Nov 23, 2016
blueAgent:

I disagree. One race (The white race is far more predominate in all areas of Human life than any other race.
I disagree . Yes the white people has a superior civillization far better than the other race but still that is not a point to say they are predominate in every area of life. We are humans and nobody is greater than the other
Re: Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? by blueAgent(m): 11:09am On Nov 23, 2016
Charlesdock:
I disagree . Yes the white people has a superior civillization far better than the other race but still that is not a point to say they are predominate in every area of life. We are humans and nobody is greater than the other

True, no one is greater than the other,but some are far more intelligent than the others.
Re: Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? by Charlesdock(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
blueAgent:

True, no one is greater than the other,but some are far more intelligent than the others.
Sure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shadow(vengence!! / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.