Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,661 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline (22748 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu, Akande, Other APC Chieftains In Closed Door Meeting / 2019: South-West APC May Replace Buhari With Tinubu – Dele Momodu / ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by giantstrides(m): 11:35am On Nov 15, 2016
onatisi:

It was bound to happen,but the Yoruba masses didn't see it,the political class of the Yoruba saw it and warned sternly,that was the main reason why tinubu wanted to become the vice president and to impose his boys as senate president and house of reps speaker.
We have to understand that the reason apc was able to win gej wasn't because of tinubu backing but because buhari agreed to join apc and to bring his northern support base into the structure of apc,look at the results of the last presidential elections in the south west,apc didn't even win convincingly,it was the votes from the north that nailed the coffin of pdp.
Lets fast forward the game,a region that didn't contribute 50% of the winning votes cant definitely decide the direction the party will take .i have said it that the battle for 2019 will tear apc apart and that the south west will lose out. Believe me ,apc is going to expel many of tinubu boys very very soon immediately after the ondo elections

To achieve power, alliances are made, alliances are broken, it is a basic rule of politics since time immemorial, for you to assume the Yoruba's shouldn't have voted for Buhari when they were clearly marginalized under the GEJ administration, is you asking a whole region to sit back and continue the status quo, when the Northernerns were dangling the restructuring bait that Yoruba's have always wanted. The problem is the east needs to realise what they really want, Biafra or the support the restructuring of Nigeria and seize power from those Northern hawks. Tinubu is a pragmatist and has history has shown is ready to work with anybody to advance the south western interest.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by drss2(m): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2016
Armstrong34:
...... Even if we SE r not in power... At least d North respect us far better dan d afonjas.... We r never slaves to dis damn country.... D North are always scared of d SE cos we had d courage to start a civil war wich d afonja cowards can't even trycheesy
true talk. ten bottles of stout for u. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by drss2(m): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2016
mayoor15:
Its so funny how Nigerian youth thinks, we are the ones dividing ourselves based on religion and tribe, these politicians dont do that, they are united in anything that wil suit them. A question the IPOB youths should ask themselves is when did their leaders come out openly to canvass for or support the movement. Movement is for the poor not the rich. They dont care whether its Nigeria or Biafra,all they care for is that looting should continue and they should be free to enjoy their loot. SS/SE will blame the SW for betraying them, but many of you dont understand that without SW there won't be check and balance. GEJ is out of power because the SW no longer wanted him, I tell you PMB will be out of power by 2019 if the SW says enough is enough. Many people forming tribal boss here, your opinion won't count when the political re-alignment begins. SE/SS needs SW to wrestle back power from APC which the north has hijacked, to do this you need tinubu, SW is Tinubu and Tinubu is SW. Listen, biafra is not happening anytime soon, therefore if SE/SS leaders are to prevent the perceived marginalisation and witch hunting, they need to take back power and this can't happen with PDP cos the party is dead and buried. SE/SS/SW & NC is the coalition that can wrestle power from the born to rule people but mind you, NC will only join the gang up if Tinubu makes SW to shift the post. So stop blaming each other, rather focus on getting the country back to where it was before and if you dont knw all politician cant be trusted. IPOB youths must not be too sure of your leaders, so also SW and others cos they only care about themselves first. Let stop blaming and hating each other cos the key decision makers, our leaders no send us.
^^^ d above post is d reason why i broke my pledge not to participate in 2019 elections. lets test d theory whether lack of tinubu's support will make north lose power.
as far as iyam concern d north under atiku abubakar will retain power from 2019 n beyond.
Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by onatisi(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2016
giantstrides:

To achieve power, alliances are made, alliances are broken, it is a basic rule of politics since time immemorial, for you to assume the Yoruba's shouldn't have voted for Buhari when they were clearly marginalized under the GEJ administration, is you asking a whole region to sit back and continue the status quo, when the Northernerns were dangling the restructuring bait that Yoruba's have always wanted. The problem is the east needs to realise what they really want, Biafra or the support the restructuring of Nigeria and seize power from those Northern hawks. Tinubu is a pragmatist and has history has shown is ready to work with anybody to advance the south western interest.
First of all,the north has never and will never promise restructuring
Secondly,there is no place where I said tinubu or his group shouldn't align with any other group they wish to,what I said was that this outcome that we are seeing now is something which was bound to happen and which all politicians know will eventually happen most especially in Nigeria politics ,tinubu knew this and thus wanted some posts to cover himself and his group and provide a security cover to fight back,hence he wanted the vice president,senate president and house speaker seats for his group,with this 3 nobody will be able to touch him.
The unfortunate scenario ow is the north wanted power and they got it,they wont let it go ,come 2019 apc will win again. Tinubu and his group will start throwing awolowo agenda of a regional Yoruba state in order to gain public sympathy.the bitter truth is this will certainly throw the yorubas out of the national cake,buhari will move towards the south south and south east,appease them and bring them to the table ,the SS & SE willl want to pay back the SW too in their own coin. Osinbajo will be dropped and a new candidate will be chose from the new group. The bottom line,the Yoruba will be the bigger loser

3 Likes

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by onatisi(m): 11:56am On Nov 15, 2016
drss2:
^^^ d above post is d reason why i broke my pledge not to participate in 2019 elections. lets test d theory whether lack of tinubu's support will make north lose power.
as far as iyam concern d north under atiku abubakar will retain power from 2019 n beyond.
The north will win and win and win again. Tinubu is out .that is just the bitter truth,he is back to his Yoruba states politics

3 Likes

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Armstrong34(m): 11:58am On Nov 15, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Kindly tell, in what way do they show you respect?

“I hope you have a copy of the election results. The constituents, for example, gave me 97% [of the vote] cannot in all honesty be treated on some issues with constituencies that gave me 5% .”

Don't forget this^ was what buhari said about Igbo flattHEAD grin grin what more could that mean than disrespect

What are you if you are not slaves? undecided undecided

You don't have the courage to start a civil war. It's not by mouth rather by action. Your kanu has spent over in year in the FG custody without you and your fellow being able to do anything about it despite your threat before he was eventually apprehended. If anything could trigger a civil war, it's the apprehension of Kanu.

Bunch of brave cowards grin cheesy

....... Lemme make it clear to u...... The North and SE are tough Rivals.... So it's feels Kool aligning wif our enemy(north) so both parties won't slip wif both eyes closed dan joining hands wif d wolves in sheep's clothing afonja communities

2 Likes

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by mmsen: 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
omofunaab:

Why should we need to form an alliance so as to get this country restructured?

Will restructuring favor only the south west?

Restructuring will benefit the productive areas of the south and elements in the north that are looking to progress.
Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by drss2(m): 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
onatisi:

The north will win and win and win again. Tinubu is out .that is just the bitter truth,he is back to his Yoruba states politics
on point.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by mayoor15(m): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
drss2:
Then let form the coalition ASAP.. SE+SW+SS+NC
Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by mayoor15(m): 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
onatisi:

Oga don't get it twisted , a strong coalition of the south will wrestle back power, go ask a real hausa, he will tell u buhari is a fulani man, that he was a mistake with the change and I tell you they wil be willing 2 join forces. Dont expect northern forces like atiku and kwankwaso not to follow tinubu out of APC with their followers cos they know that they wil neva b able 2 fulfil der ambition dat way. PDP had earlier stated dat a northern man wil contest, so I tell u, APC wil b d biggest loser if the coalition is successful, and the party brings up atiku or kwankwaso against PMB. His fulani voters wont be able to save him,

2 Likes

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Charly68: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
Tinubu should watch his back,very soon Federal might will starts digging hole around Rauf the political arrowhead of realignment. It has even started already now that Senate is investigating him for bail out fund..going going going..Buhari's political tsunami is moving at a very slow but dangerous manner.."Na you brought the man,na you sabi how you go send him packing " One thing I know about our leaders in Yoruba land is that except they are divided,they are very sophisticated in political engineering & mathematics.. Whether you are North or East you need their ingenuity to get things done. PMB is not getting much political pressure because the west is still understudying his manoeuvrings . They are still oiling their political propaganda machines for the appropriate time. Only Fayose & the erudite Fanikayode are still doing the jabbing once in a while for now. The real politicking is on the way!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by mayoor15(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
Charly68:
Tinubu should watch his back,very soon Federal might will starts digging hole around Rauf the political arrowhead of realignment. It has even started already now that Senate is investigating him for bail out fund..going going going..Buhari's political tsunami is moving at a very slow but dangerous manner.."Na you brought the man,na you sabi how you go send him packing " One thing I know about our leaders in Yoruba land is that except they are divided,they are very sophisticated in political engineering & mathematics.. Whether you are North or East you need their ingenuity to get things done. PMB is not getting much political pressure because the west is still understudying his manoeuvrings . They are still oiling their political propaganda machines for the appropriate time. Only Fayose & the erudite Fanikayode are still doing the jabbing once in a while for now. The real politicking is on the way!
that is the point, when tinubu will slay APC, it will be like magic,dont be surprised when it starts with Ondo

2 Likes

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by colossus91(m): 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
inflation quickens to 11 year high and someone is out there thinking alliance? Bleep them all let this country burn down,alliance has nothing to do with common sense which is if u don't know anyone in naija u get nothing done simple so all we need is a revolution and not partisan realignment awon werey !!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Adebowale89(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
southerners disunity is the strength of north political trait

tinubu or not tinubu, politics or not politics. we need to have one voice

Yoruba cannot be trusted, Igbo are bigot. quit that blaming, let's just put our voice together. my opinion is not basically on political alone but in all ramification. if not of religion "Christianity" that's keeping our voice together the northern would have enslave all the southerners for so long

northerners governors do have meeting time to time but how many times has sw has governors forum meeting? how many time has ss or se hold theirs?

the better we unite, the good for us. #istandwiththeunityofthesouthernstate

2 Likes

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Rilwayne001: 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
Armstrong34:
....... Lemme make it clear to u...... The North and SE are tough Rivals.... So it's feels Kool aligning wif our enemy(north) so both parties won't slip wif both eyes closed dan joining hands wif d wolves in sheep's clothing afonja communities

Sworn enemies aligning together to achieve what exactly

I don't get you here.
Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Armstrong34(m): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Sworn enemies aligning together to achieve what exactly

I don't get you here.
.... I don't care abt wat dey wanna achieve.... Buh anytin dat would throw d chest beating afonjas into a delimma is always supported by we d SE...

2 Likes

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Rilwayne001: 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
Charly68:
Tinubu should watch his back,very soon Federal might will starts digging hole around Rauf the political arrowhead of realignment. It has even started already now that Senate is investigating him for bail out fund..going going going..Buhari's political tsunami is moving at a very slow but dangerous manner.."Na you brought the man,na you sabi how you go send him packing " One thing I know about our leaders in Yoruba land is that except they are divided,they are very sophisticated in political engineering & mathematics.. Whether you are North or East you need their ingenuity to get things done. PMB is not getting much political pressure because the west is still understudying his manoeuvrings . They are still oiling their political propaganda machines for the appropriate time. Only Fayose & the erudite Fanikayode are still doing the jabbing once in a while for now. The real politicking is on the way !

Tiree GBOSA for you my Oga at the top!

You get the drill wink

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Emassive(m): 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
Bros SW has no role to play besides media sell out of anti GEJ project. All the Votes down SW was shared very well and only The Northern state made the difference just the SS and SE states made up the numbers for GEJ. Now the SW has lost the plot, seeking another alliance from probably SE or SS will only shut them in the foot cause those region will still sideline them for another 4yrs. I think it will also be better that ways cause then only will SW call for true federalism. Yoruba Ronu

jneutron4000:
sw no dey make noise, we change things. Ask GEJ after he sideline sw region Wetin happen to am grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Rilwayne001: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
Armstrong34:
.... I don't care abt wat dey wanna achieve.... Buh anytin dat would throw d chest beating afonjas into a delimma is always supported by we d SE...

In other words, you hate the afonjas more than your slave masters that are killing you like chicken everyday? shocked sad

Issorite cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by 7lives: 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
omofunaab:
I really don't like the idea of any stupid alliance with anybody.

History has shown that ,the only time we progressed more was when we concentrated more on our region .

Political alignments is just the coming together of power seeking politicians that wants power at the top.

It doesn't favor the people. .what will favor the people is regional integration.

We don't want the situation whereby our politicians will go to abuja and they will return by telling us buhari gave us identity, we are the south west, we don't celebrate identity over developments like some will do.

The agitation should be restructuring. We felt we could gain more and consolidate on our achievements by aligning with the center , which was okay. But we lost out in giving lagos a special status despite Nigeria making the core of it's non oil revenue in south west states of Lagos and ogun.

Yes we lost out on that, but that's politics,
Now we need to re strategise but seeking political alliance with other regions shouldn't be our priority now.

Instead we should go back to our age long agitation, which is restructuring. That's the only way to diversification and that's what will benefit the south west people

Thanks o jare, i personally did not believe all this noise going round, i will begin to take this rumor serious when the so called alliance happen, but for now make i dey chill
Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by maestro299: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
Firefire:
Oro awon agba ni, bi o ba se lowuro, bo pe titi aase lojo aale.

Eni awi fun Oba je ko gbo, aja to de ma sonu ni, ko ni gbo fere olode. undecided

Awi fun awon ara ibi, won ni enu wa un run, awon eleribu, won ti da gbogbo wa si O'God.

Ewe oju'omi kini sinmi, gbogbo yin patapata ni egbe oselu APC, e o ni ni isinmi. angry

Nigbati a n soro, won fe gbo. Wo, gbogbo wa ma gbadun ijoba Buhari yi titi di 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by onatisi(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
mayoor15:
Oga don't get it twisted , a strong coalition of the south will wrestle back power, go ask a real hausa, he will tell u buhari is a fulani man, that he was a mistake with the change and I tell you they wil be willing 2 join forces. Dont expect northern forces like atiku and kwankwaso not to follow tinubu out of APC with their followers cos they know that they wil neva b able 2 fulfil der ambition dat way. PDP had earlier stated dat a northern man wil contest, so I tell u, APC wil b d biggest loser if the coalition is successful, and the party brings up atiku or kwankwaso against PMB. His fulani voters wont be able to save him,
Ok ,I have heard you
Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by maestro299: 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
Charly68:
Tinubu should watch his back,very soon Federal might will starts digging hole around Rauf the political arrowhead of realignment. It has even started already now that Senate is investigating him for bail out fund..going going going..Buhari's political tsunami is moving at a very slow but dangerous manner.."Na you brought the man,na you sabi how you go send him packing " One thing I know about our leaders in Yoruba land is that except they are divided,they are very sophisticated in political engineering & mathematics.. Whether you are North or East you need their ingenuity to get things done.
I don't think so. South-West are good in 'political engineering & mathematics', yes but only against the rest of the South. The North however is a different kettle of fish. No tribe in Nigeria can beat them.

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by koribobo: 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
We don't need a suitsayer to tell us that these self _seeking folitician are not realigning for the interest of the citizens ,but solely because they couldn't get their grip on the national cake like they enjoyed way back.the game is over.God bless Buhari

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by crush20(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
Paperwhite:
So you knew it was a mess all along.Hypocrisy is not good.

I concur
Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by crush20(m): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
kernel504:

This is why Igbos we never trust Yorubas. You've been marketing Buhari before election till now, but because his policies didn't favour the West, you've become defamatory.

When Igbos were speaking against Buhari, the West tagged us bigotry, haters and losers. Now what is the West?

Thirdly, I've been following you lately, you've been advocating for a united Southern front after betraying the South is a capital NO.

I concur

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Oblang(m): 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
madapcmod:

Which dumb policy tiger clawed face afonja? Ur hatred for GEJ was bc he gave SE juicy ministerial positions nothing more.

And for kicking him out, the north used u slaves to achieve their aim, now u ppl are getting the kick.

Cry me ewedu soup from ur ugly faces u ppl are about getting a terrible payback from karma

Because of juicy position my foot. U think those Yoruba oldies in the village that voted against the inefficient buffoon care abt who is given appointment. Gej was voted out because of his misrule....kiss the truth..

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Oblang(m): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
Armstrong34:
...... Even if we SE r not in power... At least d North respect us far better dan d afonjas.... We r never slaves to dis damn country.... D North are always scared of d SE cos we had d courage to start a civil war wich d afonja cowards can't even trycheesy

Slaves are the ones known for fighting for freedom.
Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by madapcmod: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
Oblang:

Because of juicy position my foot. U think those Yoruba oldies in the village that voted against the inefficient buffoon care abt who is given appointment. Gej was voted out because of his misrule....kiss the truth..

Which misrule? I was in SW during D election period, ur political elites took it personal telling everyone that cared that GEJ was anti yoloba citing the "rascal" statement about sw governors and how he said igbos are backbone of his govt.

What suffering is worse than d one u are experiencing now under ur Messiah buhari?

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by Oblang(m): 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
madapcmod:

Which misrule? I was in SW during D election period, ur political elites took it personal telling everyone that cared that GEJ was anti yoloba citing the "rascal" statement about sw governors and how he said igbos are backbone of his govt.

What suffering is worse than d one u are experiencing now under ur Messiah buhari?

Sane ppl know what led to the suffering. I personally didnt vote against gej because of any appointment. Hypocrisy is when u blame pmb for marginalising u but don't want whoever felt marginalized by gej to blame him...
Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by ozoemenaca: 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
OlaSpeaker:
While the various camps have maintained sealed
lips on the matter, an insider source told our
correspondent that “Tinubu’s bloc is presently
receiving overtures from some gladiators in the
South-East comprising PDP and the All
Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) chieftains.

Finally the southern region is getting some senses into their scull. Abi na only me read this part?
Its all lies and propaganda of the Afonjas to make someone believe that the SE/SS wants to align with them.

1 Like

Re: 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline by OlaSpeaker(m): 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
ozoemenaca:

Its all lies and propaganda of the Afonjas to make someone believe that the SE/SS wants to align with them.
please keep off my comment with your tribalism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Are Those That Trekked For President Buhari? / 5.5 Billion Dollar Foreign Loan: Your Debt Profile Is Rising - IMF Warns Nigeria / Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.