Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity (9939 Views)

Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo / Power Crisis ; See The Little Gadget That Rescued Me Last Night. PICTURES. / BUHARI GOVT: Eyeing Lagos Template To Solve Power Crisis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2009
corruption and selfishness is d prblem
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2009
Nigeria's problem is NOT :

(1)Power supply
(2)Bad leaders
(3)Poor Management
(4)Evil people in Aso Rock (in need of "divine intervention"wink grin grin ;Dlol. . .9ja and their "crusades"

It's the mind set of the people.Nigerians or Black Africans have a "reverse/backwards mentality" mind set.That is why nothing we do works.Go to any government parastatal in the country.The people there run them as they like.I was at General Hospital (broad street) some days ago to donate blood to my sick father in-law (to be. . lol).I was shocked by what i saw.Sick and dying patients where left unattended to while the nurses spent time on the corridors GOSSIPING.The blood i donated took almost 9 hours to be administered to the sick old man.[b]BLACK PEOPLE NEVER LIKE TO DO ANYTHING RIGHT.[/b]What you see in our leaders is what you see in our police,soldiers,lecturers,doctors,lawyers (everyone in general).We do things "upside down".
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by otokx(m): 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2009
Power will go a long way but one cannot still avoid the "greed" factor. Many people are living way above their means. Imagine university students who are not earning nothing living large with generator, laptop, plasma and split units in a "self contain" arrangement.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by otokx(m): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud247,

God bless you; its really a mindset stuff.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by axeman85(m): 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
in my own opinion which i believe most people will agree with, electricity is the main thing in nigeria because without power nothing can function, people wont have to pay through their nose to buy petrol or diesels for generators, life wont be lost because of explosion when fuelling generators, people wont be dieing of cabon monoxide poisoning, those petroleum guys wont have the opportunity to reap people off anymore, armed robbers wont be able to operate effectively because everywere will be well lit including expressways, houses, people wont be dieing in hospitals because of lack of electricity anymore.

electricity is important because even in the bible, in genesis, the first thing jesus said when he was creating the world said LET THERE BE LIGHT AND THERE WAS LIGHT.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Vavavoom(m): 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2009
blinx4real:

Every thing rises and falls on Leadership my pples,
The same way a crappy, incompetent CEo will crash a multibillion dollar company along with its capable staff and massive capital base, Nigeria is being systemically (note not systematically) collapsed.
The incompetence of our executives is so evident in their priorities and methods of resolving issues, i'll provide you with a classical example in the power issue.
Problem: Low power generation capacity;
Govt Solution: Award IPP contracts scattered all over the country from North to South
Addition problems arising from political location of IPP projects: Transportation of Turbine from Port to base, Laying of Gas pipelines to all IPP plants scattered all over the country, zero power distributon infrastructure, No gas processing facility available, etc etc I could go on and on and on,

A much simpler solutino would have been to adopt the European Commitee system, since the gas is in Niger Delta build the plants there, that removes the costly business of constructing pipelines, and transporting the turbines,
Simple solutions come only from minds that can reason, our current crop of leaders do not!

you talk well my brother.
[b][Incompetence made by GREED/b]. Our leaders choose a route, a long one whereas a similarly short route exist to the same destination. The aim: to perpertuate regional quota which allows them to steal more in the long run. In Nigeria, comparative cost advantage means, the route that puts the most money in the hands of the contractor angry
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by OmoAlex: 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
The solution to  the problem of Power (electricity) in the country is not rocket science. all it takes is One Strong Political Will, Good logistics and Project management and serious political pressure from the strong political will.

Obasanjo had everything in place, he had the supplus crude oil funds to pay upfront mobilizatoin fee's for the projects, he had the NIPP plan etc but when the rubber met the road, the quality of that substance in his skull gave way. Insanity, stupidity, self destruct tendencies, lethargy, all diseases of the mind are the same.

The problem was not corruption. Nigeria is a corrupt country in the midst of fellow corrupt nations ( who by the way are more developed than us) who just happen to happen to have a lower corruption rate. Corruption has and will always be with us as it has always been in other developed countries but they are still developed.

If you pay a man to do an important job for you and because because he pays you kick back, you do not make sure that he does the Job and doesnt do something that will end up killing you, that is not Corruption,
THAT IS INSANITY
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud247,

God bless you; its really a mindset stuff.

Thank you jare.I dey try tell people this thing every now and then but my people no dey like hear truth.Dem be like their leaders.They hate the cold truth.Instead dem go say i dey run down my people OR 9ja need prayers and divine intervention.

Rubbish! ! !

If i am not mistaken, we are the most religious country on the planet.We are even more religious than the white men who brought Christianity to us and also more moslem than the Arabs who enforced Islam on us through outright jihad and slavery AND YET, we are the most bleeped up economy in the whole world (let nobody mention Uganda and Somalia).Those people have NOTHING but WHO and UNISEF AID do depend on.We on the other hand are rich enough to feed the whole African contingent but where are we? 50 years after independence, still no where.It's only in a black African country you will see a political party that has towering records of massive failure predicating election results 2-3 years before time(PDP).Only in Black Africa.And these are all well read intellectuals.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by axeman85(m): 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2009
people in power wrestle against not flesh and blood but against principilities and unseen forces. these that said mindset of people to an extent are wrong, because there are people in Nigeria who want to do the right thing and have the strength to do it but because of the way the economy is they do the wrong thing.

look at the case of the teacher who rejected 2million naira offer because it was an error, she did the right thing, lets be honest amongst ourselves some of us here on nairaland who have considered taking the money and keeping quiet, if i was in the woman shoes, and in nigeria and suffering, no electric,no hope for the future , i will take the money not because i like to but because the economy has put me in the spot and by taking that money i can make do better with it.

in nigeira we have people with skills and talent, web designers, people with skills and abilities ot own their own businesses but because of lack of power supply they cant afford to do so because they cant afford a generator and even the big companies that employ people cocacola and co are moving away from nigeria because it is costing them a fortune to run their business 24/7 on diesel and petrol.  which should be the case as these generators are meant for backup electricity supply and not main source of electric. so i say power is the most important followed by everything else. which will make corruption number 2.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by chire(m): 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

Nigeria's problem is NOT :

(1)Power supply
(2)Bad leaders
(3)Poor Management
(4)Evil people in Aso Rock (in need of "divine intervention"wink grin grin ;Dlol. . .9ja and their "crusades"

It's the mind set of the people.Nigerians or Black Africans have a "reverse/backwards mentality" mind set.That is why nothing we do works.Go to any government parastatal in the country.The people there run them as they like.I was at General Hospital (broad street) some days ago to donate blood to my sick father in-law (to be. . lol).I was shocked by what i saw.Sick and dying patients where left unattended to while the nurses spent time on the corridors GOSSIPING.The blood i donated took almost 9 hours to be administered to the sick old man.[b]BLACK PEOPLE NEVER LIKE TO DO ANYTHING RIGHT.[/b]What you see in our leaders is what you see in our police,soldiers,lecturers,doctors,lawyers (everyone in general).We do things "upside down".

true talk my brother.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by axeman85(m): 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2009
chire:

true talk my brother.

it is easy to say black people dont like to do things right. are oyu not black are you not afircan if the economy was better wont you do things right even right now as the economy is dont you always like to do what is right ?

when you mean mindset of people its best you elaborate more on it and dont just make it vague. because when you say mindset i will look at it from a point of greediness amongst the people in power who see every areas nigeira is lacking in as an opportunity to cash in on their investments via dubious means and inflated contracts, loans without collateral, increase in petrol prices, high cost of generators, importation of substandard generators and adultrated petrol. this is the mindset i will assume you are saying. because i as a nigerian and a patriotic one, even as much as i despise the way nigeria is, i will not point accusing fingers or quick to castigate those nigerians who have stood up and made positive changes to make nigeria a better country. an example is fashola of lagos state. he is black he is nigerian and he is making changes in nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2009
it is easy to say black people dont like to do things right. are oyu not black are you not afircan if the economy was better wont you do things right even right now as the economy is dont you always like to do what is right ?

when you mean mindset of people its best you elaborate more on it and dont just make it vague. because when you say mindset i will look at it from a point of greediness amongst the people in power who see every areas nigeira is lacking in as an opportunity to cash in on their investments via dubious means and inflated contracts, loans without collateral, increase in petrol prices, high cost of generators, importation of substandard generators and adultrated petrol. this is the mindset i will assume you are saying. because i as a nigerian and a patriotic one, even as much as i despise the way nigeria is, i will not point accusing fingers or quick to castigate those nigerians who have stood up and made positive changes to make nigeria a better country. an example is fashola of lagos state. he is black he is nigerian and he is making changes in nigeria.

@Axeman (or do i say aiyeman grin). . . lol

I used to be an adept crusader defending my people's mistakes even beyond the limits of common sense but there comes a time when you have to look at yourself critically to see where you are progressing and where you are making mistakes.I'm not here to deliberately put down my people and neither do i get any joy from that.Far from it.

Let the truth be told : BLACK AFRICANS ARE YET TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER! ! !

It's as simple as that.From time immemorial, we have always done things to hurt ourselves and we will do them till now.Slavery is still on but on a "corporate" scale.Our leaders go to EU,UN and AU meetings, sign documents that keep us shackled the more.So long as their children are allowed citizenship in the western nations, they don't care less about their people.I mean look at our education minister for Goodness sake.How many of his children are in Nigeria?All of them are abroad.Doesn't that tell you anything?These people have no faith in the country or in Africans as a whole.We keep complaining of how our leaders treat foreigners better than their own people.The cold truth is blacks fail to meet up to par when they get into higher seats.They mis use it.For instance, can you name just one successful African company that doesn't have a large influx of "white people" or foreigners in it?Shey na MTN,GLO you wan talk about?Go dia make you see who be dia top staffs.Look at PALMS PLAZA in Lekki (I'm talking about Shop rite).It's south African based (White south Africans i mean).Compare that with the "shopping complex" Tinubu built in Oshodi.The day i saw that edifice of ridicule, i was filled with shame.Go to Oshodi and see what our people call a "shopping complex"
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Megadeals: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2009
If a project costs $100 Million and the contractor spent $30 million in bribes to secure the contract, after recouping his $30 million, where does he get the shortfall which is needed to complete the project.
Does this have anything to do with abandoned projects found all over Nigeria. Power plants, Steel plants, Rail projects. Road projects and so on and on.
Corruption has brought Nigeria to it's knees. It has to be removed, like a cancer. We should make the risks of taking a bribe far more dangerous than the reward.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2009
If a project costs $100 Million and the contractor spent $30 million in bribes to secure the contract, after recouping his $30 million, where does he get the shortfall which is needed to complete the project.
Does this have anything to do with abandoned projects found all over Nigeria. Power plants, Steel plants, Rail projects. Road projects and so on and on.
Corruption has brought Nigeria to it's knees. It has to be removed, like a cancer. We should make the risks of taking a bribe far more dangerous than the reward.

It's not corruption.It's our mind set.It's ingrained in each and every one of us.For instance, let's answer a truth question.Is there anyone here who would refuse and offer to split the billions of dollars Abacha looted 50-50?

Just one person.Even the "born again" Christians and "adept" Alfa's are welcome to the quiz.

Anyone?Hmmm? Billions to be shared?Anyone?

Lol
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Princek12(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2009
Abeg, I think power and greed are the biggest obstacles to economic prosperity. Every damn country on earth is corrupt, but those countries at the very least will provide a conduit within which a country can self prosper. For example, if there is $100 mil on the table, a western leader will take $5mil (a reasonable amount) and appropriate $95 mil for use in the economy; on the other hand, our own leaders, Obasanjo for example, will take $95 mil (a greedy amount) and appropriate $5 mil in the economy.  Power is another big issue because it impedes manufacturing, economic development, and even in the absence of good governance power further handicaps entrepreneurs and foreign investors who have the resources to sustain themselves; also, the atmosphere which lack of power creates makes it insanely difficult to conduct any legitimate business. All our leaders will surely rot in hell.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by asha80(m): 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2009
I agree with mccloud24 totally!
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Megadeals: 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

It's not corruption.It's our mind set.It's ingrained in each and every one of us.For instance, let's answer a truth question.Is there anyone here who would refuse and offer to split the billions of dollars Abacha looted 50-50?

Just one person.Even the "born again" Christians and "adept" Alfa's are welcome to the quiz.

Lol

I would, if I know it could cost me my life. Try that in China and see if you will live to tell about it.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by SkyBlue1: 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2009
@mccloud44 I don't mean to derail the thread but the whole argument of - we had to be forced to stop seeling our slaves issue - you brought up was a tad irritating. I am just surprised that you bought into such propaganda and so easily that you defend it that much. Who is "our"? What percentage of the population were doing such that you use such pronouns that would make one think it was rampant and done by all? Sorry, just found such generalisations that feeds such propaganda quite irritating.

@post, funny enough I agree with you, with regards to economic prosperity I really do believe power is THE issue to tackle. Management, corruption and other things while very important, are just factors that need to be addressed continuously to reduce them. Power however, is something that can be fixed; something that when addressed would have a tremendous and immediate impact in the economy and would affect every person in the country. Businesses can grow becuase money not spent on running generators can be pumped back into the businesses to aid expansion, research & development, and growth. Do you know how much MTN budgets for running generators each year? It is ridiculous. But most importantly, small businesses which arguably form the backbones of economies can be viable, thrive and expand.

With regards to immediate economic prosperity, power is THE THING to fix. Corruption, management, etc, are more of a long term goal. Power needs to be fixed ASAP
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Bennyboy11: 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

Lol

You would also struggle to find a white, indian, chinese or whatever race that wouldn't. lol
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by lagbaja(m): 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
The summary of it all is the entrenchment of quality and accountable leadership. If we have a credible leadership who will not compromise the ideals of good governance, it wont be long before we are out of the woods. the elements of credible leadership includes amongst others; credible electioneering, issue based politicing (1993 elections;Abiola versus Tofa comes to mind), freedom of information, credible and timely judicial system

Take Lagos as a case study, Fashola has proved that quality leadership can curb corruption and can make democracy dividends availabel to the people, this is not to say, there is no corruption in Lagos, far from it, but when the leaders refuses to embrace corruption, the followers will get the message, they will still make attempt, but then it will be minimal and its impact will not be far reaching.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2009
Abeg, I think power and greed are the biggest obstacles to economic prosperity. Every damn country on earth is corrupt, but those countries at the very least will provide a conduit within which a country can self prosper. For example, if there is $100 mil on the table, a western leader will take $5mil (a reasonable amount) and appropriate $95 mil for use in the economy; on the other hand, our own leaders, Obasanjo for example, will take $95 mil (a greedy amount) and appropriate $5 mil in the economy.  Power is another big issue because it impedes manufacturing, economic development, and even in the absence of good governance power further handicaps entrepreneurs and foreign investors who have the resources to sustain themselves; also, the atmosphere which lack of power creates makes it insanely difficult to conduct any legitimate business. All our leaders will surely rot in hell.

All countries are corrupt = TRUE
All countries share money on the table = FALSE

The Bush family have always been into oil as well as other companies (Research more on the Haliburton Group).For every soldier that dies in Iraq, The Bush family gets richer.What they do is create avenues to aggrandize themselves directly or indirectly with their power.They also create jobs through these establishments and pump more revenue back into the economy.The war in Iraq is all about oil money.Everyone knows that and the main people profiting from this are the Bush family.Simple as that.

A BLACK MAN ON THE OTHER HAND will dip his hands directly into funds that are meant for the well fare of his people, he will send that money to UK,US and EU accounts (most of which might be seized after he leaves power or after his death but black man no send all dat one. . .all na runs).
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
I don't mean to derail the thread but the whole argument of - we had to be forced to stop seeling our slaves issue - you brought up was a tad irritating. I am just surprised that you bought into such propaganda and so easily that you defend it that much. Who is "our"? What percentage of the population were doing such that you use such pronouns that would make one think it was rampant and done by all? Sorry, just found such generalisations that feeds such propaganda quite irritating

Cold hard truth is always irritating my friend.I can understand that.Someone has to spill it out every now and then though.If i am wrong, prove me wrong.

BLACKS ARE YET TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER AND THEY MIGHT NEVER GET IT TOGETHER AT THE RATE THINGS ARE GOING! ! !

Shikena
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by bing(m): 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2009
its chain reaction starting from corruption to anything u can think of
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by SkyBlue1: 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

Cold hard truth is always irritating my friend.I can understand that.Someone has to spill it out every now and then though.If i am wrong, prove me wrong.

BLACKS ARE YET TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER AND THEY MIGHT NEVER GET IT TOGETHER AT THE RATE THINGS ARE GOING! ! !

Shikena

LOL. Quite amusing. I was specific in what I was referring to. Sorry, but the whole "we" had to be forced to stop slaving ourselves, just seems to smack of ignorance. I really do hope you don't take offence but there is no other way I could put it. Again I ask with regards to that statement, what percentage of the people had to be forced to stop slaving themselves that you use such inclusive and generalising pronouns? Well? This is like some white guy saying "whites are corrupt because of madoff". How many madoffs are there? So how on earth is such the "cold hard truth" as opposed to adoption of such unimaginative propaganda? Again, if you are going to respond don't come back with some vague - blacks need to get their acts together - argument, you can see quite clearly what parts of your post I was referring to. Apart from that, you aren't saying anything new. We all know sub saharan Africa needs to get its act together, knowing such has hardly ever been the issue.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by axeman85(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2009
@mmcloud

i understnad where you are coming from but what i am saying is do not generalize the issue at hand.

when it comes to criticising people believe me i am megarly good at it. but desite the situation we should generalize because there are people who are willing to make changes and all they need is an opportunity.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2009
Yes. . . u are very right, without constant power in Nigeria, Nigeria will only be smelling prosperity but never tasted it.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by MrCrackles(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sky Blue:

funny enough I agree with you, with regards to economic prosperity I really do believe power is THE issue to tackle. Management, corruption and other things while very important, are just factors that need to be addressed continuously to reduce them. Power however, is something that can be fixed; something that when addressed would have a tremendous and immediate impact in the economy and would affect every person in the country. Businesses can grow becuase money not spent on running generators can be pumped back into the businesses to aid expansion, research & development, and growth. Do you know how much MTN budgets for running generators each year? It is ridiculous. But most importantly, small businesses which arguably form the backbones of economies can be viable, thrive and expand.
With regards to immediate economic prosperity, power is THE THING to fix. Corruption, management, etc, are more of a long term goal. Power needs to be fixed ASAP
That is it really, the key word is economic prosperity and the vehicle to drive Nigeria to it's location. . . .
Nice. . wink
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Princek12(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

All countries are corrupt = TRUE
All countries share money on the table = FALSE

The Bush family have always been into oil as well as other companies (Research more on the Haliburton Group).For every soldier that dies in Iraq, The Bush family gets richer.What they do is create avenues to aggrandize themselves directly or indirectly with their power.They also create jobs through these establishments and pump more revenue back into the economy.The war in Iraq is all about oil money.Everyone knows that and the main people profiting from this are the Bush family.Simple as that.

A BLACK MAN ON THE OTHER HAND will dip his hands directly into funds that are meant for the well fare of his people, he will send that money to UK,US and EU accounts (most of which might be seized after he leaves power or after his death but black man no send all dat one. . .all na runs).
By power, I meant electricity. As with the sharing of money, it was just an illustration to show that Western leaders, either by taking or sharing money on the table or by creating avenues to aggrandize themselves, directly or indirectly, do so within a certain degree of reasonableness. On the other hand, Nigerian leaders, in conjunction with corruption, also create avenues to aggrandize themselves, but they do so within the realm of greed and insanity.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2009
LOL. Quite amusing. I was specific in what I was referring to. Sorry, but the whole "we" had to be forced to stop slaving ourselves, just seems to smack of ignorance. I really do hope you don't take offence but there is no other way I could put it. Again I ask with regards to that statement, what percentage of the people had to be forced to stop slaving themselves that you use such inclusive and generalising pronouns? Well? This is like some white guy saying "whites are corrupt because of madoff". How many madoffs are there? So how on earth is such the "cold hard truth" as opposed to adoption of such unimaginative propaganda? Again, if you are going to respond don't come back with some vague - blacks need to get their acts together - argument, you can see quite clearly what parts of your post I was referring to. Apart from that, you aren't saying anything new. We all know sub saharan Africa needs to get its act together, knowing such has hardly ever been the issue.

Your statement just proves what i have been saying.I'll use your example :

MADOFF : Got 150 years imprisonment (i think) and he's definitely not coming out of prison unless in a coffin.

BODE GEORGE : Gets 2 years in prison plus there is hope that he might not even serve out the full sentence.He stays in a "plush" apartment in kirikiri.He doesn't wear prison clothes, chooses what he eats and has "sympathizers" all over him every single day.

Do you see the big difference?Also the way Madoff and other's ripped money off people was "well thought out" and "really blue chipped" grin grin.That kind of scam must have taken professionals to uncover e.g auditors and so on.THEY DIDN'T LOOT THE TREASURY and send money off to foriegn countries.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by victorazy(m): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2009
e concern them there
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

Your statement just proves what i have been saying.I'll use your example :

MADOFF : Got 150 years imprisonment (i think) and he's definitely not coming out of prison unless in a coffin.

BODE GEORGE : Gets 2 years in prison plus there is hope that he might not even serve out the full sentence.He stays in a "plush" apartment in kirikiri.He doesn't wear prison clothes, chooses what he eats and has "sympathizers" all over him every single day.

Do you see the big difference?Also the way Madoff and other's ripped money off people was "well thought out" and "really blue chipped" grin grin.That kind of scam must have taken professionals to uncover e.g auditors and so on.THEY DIDN'T LOOT THE TREASURY and send money off to foriegn countries.

True Dat . . . .
Nigeria wanna adopt the good one that favors then, but cant deal with the rule of law of the Americans
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2009
@mmcloud

i understnad where you are coming from but what i am saying is do not generalize the issue at hand.

when it comes to criticising people believe me i am megarly good at it. but desite the situation we should generalize because there are people who are willing to make changes and all they need is an opportunity.

Axeman

Guy,

Me i no like to dey generalize becoz i sabi say my fellow 9ja peoples no too like "generalizations" but as a student of science (back in the day), when you perform an experiment a number of times and you keep getting the same result, you can GENERALIZE and make conclusion e.g

Na (sodium) + Cl (chlorine) = Nacl2  

Which is cooking salt.Even if you repeat it 10,000 times, it will still be the same.

Same with 9ja.Year in year out, all na the same.Black people will never change.Education helps but it doesn't change.Are our so called leaders "illiterates"? Check out the degrees of all our leaders both present,past and deceased.You will be shocked.These are well read men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Justice Ministry Syndicate Sells Recovered FG Properties, Pockets Proceeds / Kaduna Refinery Dormant, Port Harcourt, Warri Producing Below 30% — NNPC / Atiku’s Desperation For Presidency By Adamu Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.