Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her (2664 Views)

Advice Needed: Should I Go Ahead With The Introduction / Do I Go Ahead With My Plans for Her? / My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by funkyibodude(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hello nairalanders, I need your advice on this matter cos I've been reluctant to do this. I have a female friend, we dated sometime ago when we were both in college, though there was no intimacy involved. She got married about 2 years ago, and we seldom keep in touch just as friends. her husband is aware that we keep in touch because she told her husband about me and he's cool with it. But the problem is anytime she calls me she complains alot about her hubby being too stingy towards her. She keeps telling me that her husband doesn't carter for her financially, and that it frustrates her so much that last month she brought up a discussion about doing her postgraduate and her husband turned down the decision, she said it's really pissing her off because she's tired of being a house wife and she wants to have something doing since getting a job is frustrating her. So she begged me to help her with some money (about 40k) to help process her transcript and purchase masters form, I asked about her family members whether the can help out and she said that no one is willing to give her money, that they keep telling her she's married and it's her husband's duty and not theirs. So I am the only friend she can reach out to, I'm willing to give her the money, but my fear is her husband, whether he'll be pleased about it, I don't want to cause any rift between her and her husband, due to the fact that he's not in support of the masters program. And I know that my friend she's a bit stubborn when issues like this come up. So please guys what's your take on this issue?
Mature advice only!!
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Winnelyn(f): 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
send to me also undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by sweerychick(f): 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Winnelyn:
send to me also undecided
he needs advice not soliciting undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Chiefia(m): 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
No man! Don't send that money. Be it for other stuffs, I'll say it's understandable. I fear for their marriage tho.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Elkay3: 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
Ah ah. Wonderful wonderment! Financially provocative! What!!!? Akantakeit!!! What!!!

But seriously... Are u related to Dangote or Adenuga or Otedola? If you're not, spare your cash. Being a married woman I think you should have defined a boundary not to cross.
How will you feel if someone should be sending your wife money? Don't you think it could cause trouble in the marriage? Would you like that? The part that should really bother you is; how will a married woman tell her ex about the problems in her home? Haba, bros, check am na. I think you have no business with another man's house happening.

funkyibodude:
Hello nairalanders, I need your advice on this matter cos I've been reluctant to do this. I have a female friend, we dated sometime ago when we were both in college, though there was no intimacy involved. She got married about 2 years ago, and we seldom keep in touch just as friends. her husband is aware that we keep in touch because she told her husband about me and he's cool with it. But the problem is anytime she calls me she complains alot about her hubby being too stingy towards her. She keeps telling me that her husband doesn't carter her for financial needs, and that it frustrates her so much, and last month she brought up a discussion about doing her postgraduate and her husband turned down the request, she said it's really pissing her off because she's tired of being a house wife and she wants to have something doing since getting a job is frustrating her. So she begged me to help her with some money (about 40k) to help process her transcript and purchase masters form, I asked about her family members whether the can help out and she said that no one is willing to give her money, that they keep telling her she's married and it's her husband duty. So I am the only friend she can reach out to, I'm willing to give her the money, but my fear is her husband, whether he'll be pleased about it, I don't want to cause any rift between her and her husband, due to the fact that he's not in support of the masters program. And I know that my friend she's a bit stubborn when issues like this come up. So please guys what's your take on this issue?
Mature advice only!!

6 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by somez(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
Now listen... Dont u ever, i mean ever send that money without her husband's approval. Infact, leave that family alone diplomaticaly.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Bluezy13(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
Are you her husband

If her husband had said NO,
Who are you to say YES??

Would you be happy if you were in her husband's shoes and some else tends to avert your decision

OP, leave the family be!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by kinggogo: 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
If i were u, i'd help her since i dnt av any oda ulterior motive

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by paschal47(m): 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2016
oh boy use ur money do MMM na

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by fullstreets: 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
If e pass airtime, no send, someone is chopping without table manners, u are contemplating paying bills.
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
Please don't do it. If her husband consented to it, it would have been a different something. If you go ahead to give her money to buy the form, be ready to sponsor the degree.
Nna e ga ebulikwa?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by iamharkinwaley: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
OP The pple above me have spoken well, just leave the family be, forget her and save a family
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Headlesschicken(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
grin Friend zoning x a bastard so upon say u no c puna till oga come legalize am yuh eyes nva still clear abi... God punish d spirit of Friendzoning amen.
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by funkyibodude(m): 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
Elkay3:
Ah ah. Wonderful wonderment! Financially provocative! What!!!? Akantakeit!!! What!!!

But seriously... Are u related to Dangote or Adenuga or Otedola? If you're not, spare your cash. Being a married woman I think you should have defined a boundary not to cross.
How will you feel if someone should be sending your wife money? Don't you think it could cause trouble in the marriage? Would you like that? The part that should really bother you is; how will a married woman tell her ex about the problems in her home? Haba, bros, check am na. I think you have no business with another man's house happening.

thanks for the advice, but i don't have any biz with that fam. This is just a recent development, we hardly talk except special occasions, either birthdays or other events, which she invites me. Trust me im not into her family problems. The issue of money came up 2 weeks ago when she asked me for assistance for her masters program and that was when she opened up about her hubby not catering for her financially. I was even shocked to hear that from her, and since then she has been begging me for cash.
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by tsilva: 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
I am sorry to say this but how did you get to this stage? Pls don't give her the money.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Fourwinds: 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
OP e be like say witches for ya village don dey call u for frying pan.....

just stay clear of dat couples...u be Jesus Christ.?
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by advanceDNA: 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
Automated Teller machine....carry on...my yoruba friend call peeps like u belejayan....

40k for this buhari period!!...make ur babe hear say u dash another man wife 40grand..u nor get mama wey go pray for u wella wey u fit dash 40k?......e be like say u dey do MMM..money dey ur hand abi..
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Elkay3: 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
funkyibodude:
thanks for the advice, but i don't have any biz with that fam. This is just a recent development, we hardly talk except special occasions, either birthdays or other events, which she invites me. Trust me im not into her family problems. The issue of money came up 2 weeks ago when she asked me for assistance for her masters program and that was when she opened up about her hubby not catering for her financially. I was even shocked to hear that from her, and since then she has been begging me for cash.

While it's good to help, here it seems best to avoid this help. Don't let her drag u into her personal problems. That's my take.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by YtivitissuP: 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Considering your further explanation above, if I were in your shoes, I would give her the money and diplomatically end all forms of communication with her as soon as possible. If you do not give her, she would think you moved away from her because you don't wanna help and she could hold it against you all her life. If you give her, it could be what she needs to get to the next step of her life. You'd be blind to her husband's thought about it as he already knows you as a friend. A friend in need is a friend indeed. I believe she saw it fit to tell you about her family because she knows YOU HAVE NO ULTERIOR MOTIVE towards her

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by funkyibodude(m): 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
advanceDNA:
Automated Teller machine....carry on...my yoruba friend call peeps like u belejayan....

40k for this buhari period!!...make ur babe hear say u dash another man wife 40grand..u nor get mama wey go pray for u wella wey u fit dash 40k?......e be like say u dey do MMM..money dey ur hand abi..
lol I don't do mmm bro...
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Gofwane(m): 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
somez:
Now listen... Dont u ever, i mean ever send that money without her husband's approval. Infact, leave that family alone diplomaticaly.
@op, listen to this porter's advice. They are words of wisdom!

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
what are u? a bank or a certified muguangry

Don't send her shi shi..SHE WILL CONTINUE ASKING.... LIKE ON AND ON!!! Be smart dude!
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by funkyibodude(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
YtivitissuP:
Considering your further explanation above, if I were in your shoes, I would give her the money and diplomatically end all forms of communication with her as soon as possible. If you do not give her, she would think you moved away from her because you don't wanna help and she could hold it against you all her life. If you give her, it could be what she needs to get to the next step of her life. You'd be blind to her husband's thought about it as he already knows you as a friend. A friend in need is a friend indeed. I believe she saw it fit to tell you about her family because she knows YOU HAVE NO ULTERIOR MOTIVE towards her
thanks u really understand my plight! Though I appreciate other peoples advice here, but its not as easy as the think. I don't have a problem with the money, it's her husband.. First of I don't know whether he's not in support of her doing the program or just maybe he doesn't have the finances.. Either way it's dicey for me.
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by funkyibodude(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
Headlesschicken:
grin Friend zoning x a bastard so upon say u no c puna till oga come legalize am yuh eyes nva still clear abi... God punish d spirit of Friendzoning amen.
sex doesn't define friendship bro cool
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by funkyibodude(m): 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
sweerychick:
he needs advice not soliciting undecided
smiley
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by donMIG(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dont send that moni to dat .......
I dont know why
But i just get d feeling u shouldnt
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by sweerychick(f): 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
I don't think you should, but if you wish well be ready to bear the consequence
Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by mctowel01: 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
bro I think you re too soft with women..unnecessarily. See the way you re sounding like the money is nothing to you meanwhile I bet you be turned down your guy for a lesser amount. Honestly, I would have said that you just give the money, but you re sounding like one who want to be magad, but is scared o her husband. What stops you from diplomatically saying you don't have?..You wan be Superman abi?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by emekelnigeria: 1:06am On Nov 17, 2016
am sorry to say it op if you are not careful you will take your hand and put yourself in a big mess. This girl is clearly using you, she is married and it is her cross to carry. if she so much wanted your assistance why didnt she marry you. You might think you are rich now but when responsibilities start coming even her husband would be a saint when the issue of stinginess pops up. Please use your money and better your life.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by Apina(m): 2:20am On Nov 17, 2016
In the first instance, why should a married woman be soliciting for cash from an ex? Why must she confide in you about money issues concerning her family? It clearly points to the fact that she has no respect for her husband or herself. And she had chosen to make you the scape goat of yet to occur problems that will trigger very soon. As jack Wilshere once said to those non English footballers who had no business playing for England but felt they were very talented to do so: “LEAVE ENGLAND FOR ENGLISHMEN" that's all I have to tell you. A word is enough for the Wise.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by ptosyn: 5:28am On Nov 17, 2016
This actually ain't ur business tho, it's like u acting like u have no problem. A wife that's stubborn isn't a wife. She shouldn't go to the length of actually asking money from her ex. Bro you weak n i understand that cos u care but this ain't ur business. If her husband says no, her family says no, I think u should care less and ignore her request.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead In Sending Money To Her by sweerychick(f): 7:05am On Nov 17, 2016
funkyibodude:
Hello nairalanders, I need your advice on this matter cos I've been reluctant to do this. I have a female friend, we dated sometime ago when we were both in college, though there was no intimacy involved. She got married about 2 years ago, and we seldom keep in touch just as friends. her husband is aware that we keep in touch because she told her husband about me and he's cool with it. But the problem is anytime she calls me she complains alot about her hubby being too stingy towards her. She keeps telling me that her husband doesn't carter for her financial needs, and that it frustrates her so much, and last month she brought up a discussion about doing her postgraduate and her husband turned down the request, she said it's really pissing her off because she's tired of being a house wife and she wants to have something doing since getting a job is frustrating her. So she begged me to help her with some money (about 40k) to help process her transcript and purchase masters form, I asked about her family members whether they too can help her out financially and she said that no one is willing to give her money, that they keep telling her she's married and it's her husband's duty to do so thus I am the only friend she can reach out to, I'm willing to give her the money, but my fear is her husband, whether he'll be pleased about it, I don't want to cause any rift between her and her husband, due to the fact that he's not in support of the masters program. And I know that my friend she's a bit stubborn when issues like this come up. So please guys what's your take on this issue?
Mature advice only!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Pls Cum In "ASAP" & Suggest Emotional Soft Music 2 Play Wen Making Love / Guys Pls Stop Making This Mistake With Gals. / South African Women Protest Lack Of Men To Make Them Pregnant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.