Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists (21399 Views)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Free Phonics Training (for Teachers & Educators) / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by ezelous: 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
I am a BA and MA graduate of English, but I have developed keen and passionate interest for Early childhood Education. I teach at an African American Int'l Christian School. I am a Language Arts instructor. My goal is very simple: to make you reach yours.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by haarfeez: 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
Odunharry:

Yes to be licence.. Those without the licence aren't suppose to teach.
Most are not licensed. Any implication?
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by haarfeez: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
primary, secondary or tertiary..which is d best to teach/lecture
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Glorygrace(f): 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
Can someone with Technical Teachers Certificate an equivalent of PGDE be licensed?
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Felixitie(m): 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
haarfeez:
Tertiary....it's soft work
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Felixitie(m): 11:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bsc Chemistry
A chemist at College of Health Technology
A lecturer
Single

1 Like

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by skiberg(m): 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
Awaiting copper
Ekiti State University EKSU
B.Ed Educational Management
Love teaching civic education,social studies,commerce and economics
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Stevostical(m): 1:27am On Nov 28, 2016
BSc Ed Economics

Have taught Economics, Commerce, Government and Business Studies. And enjoyed teaching all.

Would like to lecture in the near future.

Member of the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria

Very much single

Good to be hear
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Sasuwa(f): 6:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Felixitie:
Bsc Chemistry
A chemist at College of Health Technology
A lecturer
Single
hellow
i am an awaiting corper
ilove teaching and researching
how do i make it into poli or uni
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Sasuwa(f): 6:20am On Nov 28, 2016
DrTims:
I just finished service not quite long. Posted to a government secondary school were i taught Biology, chemistry and Geography. Currently runing my masters at ABU. Would love to Lecture soon. I love teaching..... Any academic vacancy, pls contact me on 08067094114 or email me at timsejigah@gmail.com
hello,
i have same plan as yours, but am an awaiting corper
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Kemmystar: 9:10am On Nov 28, 2016
Im a graduate with a Bsc Statistics, i intend going into teaching cos of the passion i develop for it. Between doing my Masters in stat and PDG. Which will you advice me to go for first and what is procedures & duration for PDG? thanks
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Tensionstar(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2016
EternalTruth:
WhatsApp me pls 08060423357. my career path is still on religion..
ok
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by kelsgal(f): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2016
I work with one of the federal polytechnics in south east,Nigeria.
B.Tech and M.Sc Surveying and Geoinformatics
Lecturer 3 and Basic Principles in Surveying and Computer Application in Surveying.
Am Single.
Wish to see them succeed in future more than myself.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by kesmalindo(m): 5:00am On Nov 29, 2016
EternalTruth:
how old are u pls
20 years......I will be 21 by february 22nd
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 7:30am On Nov 29, 2016
Very impressive sir, and thank you for dropping by. You are indeed a great and lecturing job is not far away from you if you have your Masters degree.

Best wishes.

Profandie:

Wow nice thread...
1. Baron Royal Education Center, Rivers State.
2. B.Sc. in Education /Accounting; Teachers Certificate (TRCN);PGD in Financial Management (in-view).
3. Mathematics and Computer Studies teacher.
5. To make them understand that maths isn't as hard as they think it is and to impart the right kind of knowledge in them ( academically and morally )
(Lecturing job on my mind shaa)
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 7:31am On Nov 29, 2016
Very impressive sir, and thank you for dropping by. You are indeed a great teacher and lecturing jobs are not far away from you if you have your Masters degree.

Best wishes.

Profandie:

Wow nice thread...
1. Baron Royal Education Center, Rivers State.
2. B.Sc. in Education /Accounting; Teachers Certificate (TRCN);PGD in Financial Management (in-view).
3. Mathematics and Computer Studies teacher.
5. To make them understand that maths isn't as hard as they think it is and to impart the right kind of knowledge in them ( academically and morally )
(Lecturing job on my mind shaa)
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Kenny,

Everyopne is a Teacher because we tell people things they don't know about and we correct abnormalties in every thing we see, read or hear.

You have to accept it that you can be a good teacher, you can be patient and you can reach to the deepest mind of somebody and re-eengineer what the person have in mind.

You can consider going for a teaching course or programme or a training on Essential Teaching Skills which our Educational Group does.

Best regards.
kennynelcon:
I want to be an academian, but I am not good in teaching (impatience) how do you solve this problem.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Kenny,

Everyopne is a Teacher because we tell people things they don't know about and we correct abnormalties in every thing we see, read or hear.

You have to accept it that you can be a good teacher, you can be patient and you can reach to the deepest mind of somebody and re-eengineer what the person have in mind.

You can consider going for a teaching course or programme or a training on Essential Teaching Skills whichis done by our Educational Group.

Best regards.
kennynelcon:
I want to be an academian, but I am not good in teaching (impatience) how do you solve this problem.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Kenny,

You can consider going for a teaching course or programme or a training on Essential Teaching Skills which is done by our Educational Group.

Best regards.
kennynelcon:
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 10:03am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Mavany,

For you to teach abroad in countries like USA, UK, Dubai, Canada.. you must have Qualified Teachers' Status (QTS), TELF, CELTA, TOEFL and any other international teaching qualifications.

For professional qualifications apart from teaching qualifications, you can contact me so that I can link you up to someone in charge of that.

Best regards,

090-8110-8687.

mavany:
This is a long awaited thread, I'm in the education field as well,I look forward to learning a lot from this thread.
I have a few questions for the professional teachers and educators here,
Are there internationally recognized professional courses that can be taken here in Nigeria
to consolidate the regular degrees that are gotten from universities ?
What other courses, or educational requirements be required of migrant teachers, in countries like australia, canada and Usa and even uk?
What are the requirements for teachers who seek jobs in International primary and Secondary schools in Nigeria.

Ifunanya
Single
Bsc biology Education
Msc info Sci. In view
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 10:05am On Nov 29, 2016
MissJayne:
I want to be a teacher someday though Nigeria's educational system don't want my dream to come true.
They want to frustrate and depress my life with Jamb

Hi Miss Jayne, I can help you get admission into some universities in Republic of Benin without JAMB. Contact me if you are interested.

Best wishes dear,

090-8110-8687.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Eternal truth,

I can help you get admission into some universities in Republic of Benin. Contact me if you are interested. Thanks

090-8110-8687

EternalTruth:
I share the same pains with you dear.
I was so vibrant and ambitious this year and had the passion to aspire for teaching/lecturing so I choose education and crs.
but jamb rubbished us this year with ridiculous scores but I still managed to edged through University of Ibadan Utme cut off mark and intended using Postutme as the solid criteria for admission into the institution but hence the clueless minister of education cancelled postutme which compelled the premier school to adopt a disheartening o level and jamb modality to grade us and my dreams were thus dampened as my UTME score of 250 and my C5 grades in my 5 relevant subjects (neco result of 10 years.2006) couldn't drive me to attain 50 and I wasn't admitted into this non competitive course as my points fell at 47.5
I'm just so sad an frustrated after all the hardworking efforts that I put up this year.
right now all I need is resilience, tenacity and doggedness to bounce back and opt for jamb again but I'm so weak and depressed and I've lost faith.
cc 1afrika
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Collins,

It is very important to register with the TRCN so that you can have a Teacher's Status in Nigeria and it will also cover you in case you travel to other countries.

Good luck.

collins247:
As a teacher, is it important to register with the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria?
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Vinceman,

Yes... you can lecture in universities especially private universities and just try to do another Academic masters programme or a Ph.D.

Best wishes.

vinceman212:
Can I lecture with a professional masters?
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Chinks(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2016
Good morning great teachers!
B.tech in Animal production and health.
Animal Husbandry teacher at Mypa college Minna.
God willing, I'll enroll for Masters program next year at futminna.
I want to be a researcher and also a lecturer preferably, in the university.

Teaching my students to take animal husbandry not just as a subject in school but as a business!
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 11:15am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Affiz,

It all depends on the one you are comfortable with and the one that gives you more fulfillment as a Teacher.

haarfeez:
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 11:17am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Kemmy,

I would advise you to go for your Masters and later go for PGD. As a Science teacher, you can scape through to lecturing in the university without a PGD.

Good luck.

Kemmystar:
Im a graduate with a Bsc Statistics, i intend going into teaching cos of the passion i develop for it. Between doing my Masters in stat and PDG. Which will you advice me to go for first and what is procedures & duration for PDG? thanks
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Profandie(m): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
Timossa:
Very impressive sir, and thank you for dropping by. You are indeed a great teacher and lecturing jobs are not far away from you if you have your Masters degree.

Best wishes.

Thank you so much
All I want is to learn and improve cos I still got a long way to go.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Kemmystar: 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=Timossa post=51477619]Hi Kemmy,
I would advise you to go for your Masters and later go for PGD. As a Science teacher, you can scape through to lecturing in the university without a PGD.
Good luck.
. Thanks man, i appreciate
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Balloa1(m): 4:26am On Nov 30, 2016
Timossa:
Hi Collins,

It is very important to register with the TRCN so that you can have a Teacher's Status in Nigeria and it will also cover you in case you travel to other countries.

Good luck.

what's the process of the registration please?
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2016
Hi Fellows,

I want to thank all of you for coming out from everywhere to contributte your quota and success stories on this thread. I really appreciate.

Please, if the school or organnisation you are working with now will be interested in doing and studying Spanish Language as a Subject or Course or you have/know a school and organisations that might be interested in learning and teaching Spanish to their pupils, students, teachers or other participants. Please, don't hesitate to contact me for our Spanish Introduction Letter and our services.

Best regards,

universitinfo@gmail.com
090-8110-8687
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Timossa(m): 8:21am On Nov 30, 2016
Hi Fellows,

I think its hightime we had a WhatsApp Group Chat for everyone here and I am working on it before December runs out.

Please, let's stay in touch as we put in our mental work, energy, resources in raising leaders of tomorrow who will in return shape your future generations.

Warm regards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which One Will You Choose And Why? / Tell Three Equipments Of Your Work And Let People Guess What You Do / Working And Running Masters And ICAN At The Same Time. Is This Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.