Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! (1310 Views)

Buhari And Angela Merkel Pictured In Abidjan / Who Rocks It Better With The German Chancellor, GEJ Or PMB / Buhari And Merkel Laughing Off Aisha’s BBC Interview (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
Germany's centre-right Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced that she will run for a fourth term in office.
Speaking at a meeting of her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) in Berlin, she said she expected her toughest campaign to date, and vowed to "fight for our values and our way of life".
General elections are expected in Germany next year.
Mrs Merkel's poll ratings have slipped since the height of her popularity but she retains wide support.
The chancellor, who has been in office since 2005, is being challenged by the populist right-wing AfD party.
She announced she would stand again after meeting party leaders at CDU headquarters.
She told reporters that the decision to run for a fourth term had been "anything but trivial after 11 years in office".
She added that she expected challenges from both the right and the left of the political spectrum.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38042937

Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by talktonase(m): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
That's good!
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
talktonase:
That's good!
And someone would say 'sit tightism' is an African thing.
If ah hear

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by talktonase(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
frenchwine:

If ah hear
is it not obvious that she is working! Germany has the most vibrant economy in Europe.Unlike our leaders here...

2 Likes

Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
talktonase ur right though, she is a political colossus. Not just on the local front, but on a global level

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
Igbos/Anambra State Are Indeed Doing Great... Even without d presence of fed.gov

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by crazymommy(f): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
Rigolas:
Igbos/Anambra State Are Indeed Doing Great... Even without d presence of fed.gov
And how does that relate to the thread??olodo.
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 21, 2016
crazymommy:
And how does that relate to the thread??olodo.

It takes d mama of olodos to identify olodo.,though Am not
Ewu!!
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Annie939(f): 1:40am On Nov 21, 2016
madam are you the only one in that country? some people are so desperate for power
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by crazymommy(f): 9:24am On Nov 21, 2016
Rigolas:

It takes d mama of olodos to identify olodo.,though Am not
Ewu!!
K
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by FSBoperator: 9:28am On Nov 21, 2016
The bitch will lose
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by FSBoperator: 9:30am On Nov 21, 2016
Angela Merkel disgracing herself in a pool party in Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv-0XjrBVT0
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by LorDBolton(m): 9:49am On Nov 21, 2016
frenchwine:

If ah hear

Don't mind them... if na gaddafi n assad em go send battleships dey form say em be dictators.

She will loose.
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by mrvitalis(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2016
talktonase:
is it not obvious that she is working! Germany has the most vibrant economy in Europe.Unlike our leaders here...
Before she thete were people and there are still people who can do better in Germany

Sittight is Sittight thats the truth
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
LorDBolton:

Don't mind them... if na gaddafi n assad em go send battleships dey form say em be dictators.

She will loose.
AfD is gaining momentum à la 'Trumpism' but I think Merkel has a strong grip on the ballot.
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by LorDBolton(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
frenchwine:

AfD is gaining momentum à la 'Trumpism' but I think Merkel has a strong grip on the ballot.

A lot can happen between now and election day.

Let's not forget people didn't give trump a chance, then he won the republican nomination

People expected a walkover for clinton at that point but we all saw what happ'd.

But Merkel is for now 'safely' ahead

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by otukpo(f): 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2016
She should go and rest jor.
Does she want to become another Mugabe?
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by FSBoperator: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
frenchwine:

Nationalism is rising fast and multiculturalism is dead.

Angela will lose big time.
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
FSBoperator:

Nationalism is rising fast and multiculturalism is dead.

Angela will lose big time.
Well I do hope she loses anyway, we need a change of the old order in the major world powers.
UK did it with Theresa May, US has done it with Trump, I'm keeping a close eye on France : Sarkozy is out, Marie Le Pen is on the upswing. Interesting times ahead in global politics
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
LorDBolton:

A lot can happen between now and election day.

Let's not forget people didn't give trump a chance, then he won the republican nomination

People expected a walkover for clinton at that point but we all saw what happ'd.

But Merkel is for now 'safely' ahead
I agree with you brov, a whole lot can happen in the next few months.
I admire her leadership though
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by FSBoperator: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
frenchwine:

Well I do hope she loses anyway, we need a change of the old order in the major world powers.
UK did it with Theresa May, US has done it with Trump, I'm keeping a close eye on France : Sarkozy is out, Marie Le Pen is on the upswing. Interesting times ahead in global politics

Nationalism is the wooden stake to the communist utopia of one world govt

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by CandyDiamond(f): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
She should resign and give a younger generation chance to contribute to the growth of the country, if it is an African country now they will start to write rubbish, Yaya Jammer of Gambia is coming for 4th term after 22 years in power but western countries are mounting pressure, any person that stayed for more than 10 years in office anywhere in the world should step down
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by LorDBolton(m): 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2016
frenchwine:

I agree with you brov, a whole lot can happen in the next few months.
I admire her leadership though

To me she's overbearing (on europe) that's how they wanted to force poland, Hungary to take in refugees
Re: German Chancellor, Angela Merkel To Run For A 4th Term! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
This is the manifestation of the Mugabe spirit. We need pastor TBJ to do the needful as usual

(1) (Reply)

"I Nearly Lost My Life Today For Trying To Defend Gov. Wike" - Twitter User / I Received An Email From Saraki To Give Him Support! / Buhari’s Cousin Speaks On Cabal In Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.