Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,626 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) (48682 Views)

Young Man Shot Dead At Close Range In Calabar Over Romantic Tussle. Photo / Attempt To Rob A White Man In Enugu State Foiled By Mobile Police Men (photos) / Nigerian Police Reply Nairalander Who Said He & His Friend Were Shot By Police(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by 1stladdy(f): 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
These guys are really devilish
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by agrovick(m): 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
If I have a gun loaded with 2 bullets and I'm in a room with a Nigerian Police Officer, Shekau and Saddam Hussein and I am allowed to kill two of the 3 people, I'm definitely wasting the 2 bullets on the Nigerian Police officer. Those guys are scums of the earth. undecided

4 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Emassive(m): 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
morons in black
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Daboomb: 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Smooyis:
And many of us still think the make up of the federal police is better as it is, and see no reason for a radical change.

I know the OP will understand better. Nigeria, Lagos and all states need their own police. At worst divide Nigeria into six regions, and allow them have their own autonomous policing.

#teaminsupportofstatepolice#

What has State Police got to do with a DRUNKEN POLICE OFFICER WIELDING A WEAPON?
Are you telling us that a 'State police' cannot get drunk while on duty?

Or you are just angling for a Police Force that your Governor can use to harass and intimidate the citizens and Political opponent?
Abeg, we cant add State Police to the power-drunkenness of Criminal Governors like Wike of Rivers or Fowl-Yose of Ekiti
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by ifeanyi83(m): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
There's a police cru on Twitter. They will take the case up. Trust me. By the way, I hate that place called Mushin...
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by ikombe: 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Captainbells:
I would have said Sue the Nigerian police but Nigeria is a lawless country so that won't get you anywhere
This ya signature yaf killed me grin

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Kingbuhari(m): 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2016
Buhari is a coward... IGP is a FOOL Nigeria is a ZOO , OSIBANDE is a puppet, expecting something good to come put of ZOO is like waiting for buhari to make use of his common sense, I hate this EDIOTS in police uniform... I will rather donate a blood to save a harden criminal than to give my blood to save a police man , any of my relative that join any of the force is as good as dead to me
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
ikombe:
This ya signature yaf killed me grin
grin grin
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Taku555(m): 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
The police brought a lady in the morning, her two legs chopped off with a cutlass after a container fell on her legs. It took up to 15 minutes to bring out a bed to lift her from the police vehicle. A doctor I spoke with said they had to go take a bed from the maternity ward. They could not attend to any of us that came on emergency all through the night. Until around 30 minutes later when I left, she was left on the bed. No drip, no first aid, no nothing. She kept begging, “please don’t let me die” They were asking who will pay for her and she kept telling them to take her phone from her bag and call her people, that they will pay. On Sunday, I read in the news the lady died.

OP thank God for being there for you. .. You will live long enough bro. The issue of indiscriminate shooting among our officers especially the police Force has Become a mess! Nigeria is a stateless country with no good governance and the rule of law.

Coming to the case of that Young lady (Monica) , it's a pity that she died. So painful but can we question God? no! That's how she was meant to go. RIP Monica. Imagine how she was begging the doctors not to let her die. I felt really emotional after reading her last words.

Words of advice. We must learn not to argue with these officers no matter how guiltless we may appear. Always obey their order to avoid accidental discharge as a result of anger or drukness. Thank God for your life.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2016
1: A good number of the Nigerian Police used to be jobless drunks who saw it as an opportunity to join the force out of grinding poverty and unemployment.
2: They are rushed through training not relevant in today's civil society and they are not assessed for traumatic psychological conditions which they manifest on the common man they are meant to protect.
3: They are easily swayed by money and angered into violence by success.
4: Your Life is in their hands.. think twice before venturing into certain areas in Nigeria where their actions are neither challenged nor questioned.
5: The IG and his Rank and File cannot show any evidence of improvement in spite of the billions spent on that sector each year. they are all dull-headed incompetent illiterates who thrive in rackets and propagating an environment of crime so they can ask for more money

A time is coming when even the FG will not be able to control the Police Force as they descend on the masses for their selfish ends.

Remember the APO SIX.. still waiting for Justice

2 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Koolking(m): 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
ithink7:
My name is Akin. It was Friday 18th Nov 2016.

He seem to express a feeling of “I don kill somebody oh”. Everything happened so fast. I kept driving forward so that we could get to a safe place ASAP. A boy on a bicycle followed us and kept asking “Bros what happened? Are you injured? What did you do to him? There is blood on your shoulder. But I was too terrified to wait. When we got to Bode Thomas, I packed close to Delta kitchen, came out to evaluate the damage. It was then that I realized it was a gun shot.

I went home, parked the car then went straight to Bode Thomas police station. After narrating my story to the officers on duty, they asked me to go report at Mushin police station. I told them I am scared of going back to that area. Up till this moment, the panic of that terrible experience still persist as I am afraid of going out.

Now I am back home thanking God I came back alive. Do I want this issue to die down? I don't think so.

I am crying for justice on behalf of myself and other Nigerians that experience police brutality each day.

While applauding you for your bravely in surviving the happy-trigger cop. Am hugely disappointed to coward hurriedly away and never returned to investigate the drunk cop and press for justice. You cant find justice in the comfort of your home and on NL...
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by khadaffi(m): 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
Baawaa:
How do you want them to be fish out,no names,no numbers
Go to your church and give testimony.

If the police seriously wants them they can be fished out. They know they officers on that particular spot on that day.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by manlygroup(m): 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
I saw bishop David oyedepo's picture inside your car, his God is alive forever let his name alone be praise.Amen
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by OldBeer: 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
The account of that lady's last minutes has reduced me to a weepy mess. She would have still been alive if only someone had empathy. OMG! She died in excruciating pain! Ahh!

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Ezionye(f): 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
Thank God you were spared Op

So sad how that lady died

So sad

So sad
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by AgentGoat: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Uprising ll come up soon.

Just calm down bro.. ..
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by ChessEnthusiast: 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
useless country. foolish and stupid government
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by ikombe: 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
Captainbells:
grin grin
But wait oh undecided

Are nigerian guys that difficult
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by OldBeer: 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
Taku555:
The police brought a lady in the morning, her two legs chopped off with a cutlass after a container fell on her legs. It took up to 15 minutes to bring out a bed to lift her from the police vehicle. A doctor I spoke with said they had to go take a bed from the maternity ward. They could not attend to any of us that came on emergency all through the night. Until around 30 minutes later when I left, she was left on the bed. No drip, no first aid, no nothing. She kept begging, “please don’t let me die” They were asking who will pay for her and she kept telling them to take her phone from her bag and call her people, that they will pay. On Sunday, I read in the news the lady died.

OP thank God for being there for you. .. You will live long enough bro. The issue of indiscriminate shooting among our officers especially the police Force has Become a mess! Nigeria is a stateless country with no good governance and the rule of law.

Coming to the case of that Young lady (Monica) , it's a pity that she died. So painful but can we question God? no! That's how she was meant to go. RIP Monica. Imagine how she was begging the doctors not to let her die. I felt really emotional after reading her last words.

Pls if you don't know what to say, keep silent.
Nobody is meant to die in such a horrific manner.
She died because of negligence and ignorance.
If it had happened in the US or other developed countries, she would still be alive today.
I am a christian but lets not leave everything to God without striving to do better.
It reeks of laziness and stupîdity and that is not what God stands for.

3 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Kass001(m): 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Rexnegro(m): 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
ithink7:
My name is Akin. It was Friday 18th Nov 2016. As an IT Consultant, I had to go to Computer Village in search of some IT stuff. After I sent the device to my client via GAT, I stopped over at my friend's office; mma2.

When time came to go home, we drove through Oshodi-Mushin going to Surulere. We just drove past a popular puff-puff place in Mushin when my friend said we could buy some because we were hungry. I said it's not safe to park by the main road, maybe we could enter the Total filling station but there was traffic gridlock as some danfo buses were driving against the confused traffic. I decided to make a right turn by that Total filling station in Mushin maybe we could get a parking space off the road. On coming into another gridlock, we decided to make a U turn.

We almost finished turning, the time should be between 7:30pm and 8:00pm, when two mobile police officers came out of nowhere. Something like RRS boldly written on their black top. One came to my side (driver side) shouting move! move!! pointing his gun at me. I bent my head away from the gun signaling with my hand up in the air that we are trying to make a U turn. Before I could say jack, the man shot right at me in close range. The officer looks drunk. I noticed he took like one step backward and aimed his gun properly at me. He made some kind of “hiss” sound with anger, expressing something like “I will kill this one”. The bullet shattered my driver side glass, brush the top side of my seat close to the head rest, and went through the rear right passenger door, leaving a bullet hole and shattering the glass.
All I heard was a loud bang, my left ear deafened and a cold feeling on my left shoulder like blood flow.

I scampered like a terrified rat, climbing every obstacle just to get away from this danger. I noticed the officer stood still with the gun pointing downward and his partner on the passenger side looking in awe after the shot. He seem to express a feeling of “I don kill somebody oh”. Everything happened so fast. I kept driving forward so that we could get to a safe place ASAP. A boy on a bicycle followed us and kept asking “Bros what happened? Are you injured? What did you do to him? There is blood on your shoulder. But I was too terrified to wait. When we got to Bode Thomas, I packed close to Delta kitchen, came out to evaluate the damage. It was then that I realized it was a gun shot.

I went home, parked the car then went straight to Bode Thomas police station. After narrating my story to the officers on duty, they asked me to go report at Mushin police station. I told them I am scared of going back to that area. Up till this moment, the panic of that terrible experience still persist as I am afraid of going out.

Because of the bleeding, I had to go for medical examination to ascertain if it was life threatening. From Jalupon to Randle then transferred to LUTH emergency. I ended up sitting outside in the cold and mosquito from around 10:00pm till 8:00am the following morning. Though the doctors display passion with their job, it seems to be written all over their faces that they are choking of resources and they kept shouting there is no bed to attend to anyone.

Reading the body language of the doctors and the way events were unfolding, I had to go to another hospital where I was eventually treated. The x-ray result showed many tiny opaque objects under the skin. They were able to remove some of the metal and glass object.

Now I am back home thanking God I came back alive. Do I want this issue to die down? I don't think so.

I am using this opportunity to call on the Federal government, the Lagos State government, the IG of Police, the commissioner of police, the DPO in command Mushin area and all stake holders to plead my cause and fish out the perpetrator of this evil attempt on an innocent life. I am crying for justice on behalf of myself and other Nigerians that experience police brutality each day.

I will also add this word of advice, “Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” Prov 14:34.
We cannot continue to shed innocent blood and expect God to exalt our nation. The primary responsibility of any government is security of lives and properties and police is the arm of government whose sole responsibility is to enforce the law and not break it nor plunge the nation into thick darkness of God’s anger by shedding innocent blood.

I am also calling on the Federal government and the IG of Police to put in place appropriate mechanism to forestall recurrence of this sought of act by our men in uniform. Many Nigerians lose their life each day to indiscriminate shooting and thirst for blood by some of our officers.
I have attached some pictures with this letter.

Please pass on this message on until it gets to the Inspector General of Police (IDRIS KPOTUN IBRAHIM), the Commissioner of Police Lagos State (Fatai Owoseni) and the President.
I personally thank God for Your life bro...I Hope The stupid police man is brought to book...he should be made to dance to The music he produced on that unfortunate day....we re in a Country where if God grace isn't on us, we did all be dead by now cos govt don't send u...in advance climes they have both God grace And govt grace but here in Africa to be precise Nigeria we go out And come back not Because police or govt protected us but by God grace that's sufficient for us all still alive....if I say nigeria don tire me is understatement.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by redcliff: 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
ithink7:
My name is Akin. It was Friday 18th Nov 2016. As an IT Consultant, I had to go to Computer Village in search of some IT stuff. After I sent the device to my client via GAT, I stopped over at my friend's office; mma2.

When time came to go home, we drove through Oshodi-Mushin going to Surulere. We just drove past a popular puff-puff place in Mushin when my friend said we could buy some because we were hungry. I said it's not safe to park by the main road, maybe we could enter the Total filling station but there was traffic gridlock as some danfo buses were driving against the confused traffic. I decided to make a right turn by that Total filling station in Mushin maybe we could get a parking space off the road. On coming into another gridlock, we decided to make a U turn.

We almost finished turning, the time should be between 7:30pm and 8:00pm, when two mobile police officers came out of nowhere. Something like RRS boldly written on their black top. One came to my side (driver side) shouting move! move!! pointing his gun at me. I bent my head away from the gun signaling with my hand up in the air that we are trying to make a U turn. Before I could say jack, the man shot right at me in close range. The officer looks drunk. I noticed he took like one step backward and aimed his gun properly at me. He made some kind of “hiss” sound with anger, expressing something like “I will kill this one”. The bullet shattered my driver side glass, brush the top side of my seat close to the head rest, and went through the rear right passenger door, leaving a bullet hole and shattering the glass.
All I heard was a loud bang, my left ear deafened and a cold feeling on my left shoulder like blood flow.

I scampered like a terrified rat, climbing every obstacle just to get away from this danger. I noticed the officer stood still with the gun pointing downward and his partner on the passenger side looking in awe after the shot. He seem to express a feeling of “I don kill somebody oh”. Everything happened so fast. I kept driving forward so that we could get to a safe place ASAP. A boy on a bicycle followed us and kept asking “Bros what happened? Are you injured? What did you do to him? There is blood on your shoulder. But I was too terrified to wait. When we got to Bode Thomas, I packed close to Delta kitchen, came out to evaluate the damage. It was then that I realized it was a gun shot.

Because of the bleeding, I had to go for medical examination to ascertain if it was life threatening. From Jalupon to Randle then transferred to LUTH emergency. I ended up sitting outside in the cold and mosquito from around 10:00pm till 8:00am the following morning. Though the doctors display passion with their job, it seems to be written all over their faces that they are choking of resources and they kept shouting there is no bed to attend to anyone.

Reading the body language of the doctors and the way events were unfolding, I had to go to another hospital where I was eventually treated. The x-ray result showed many tiny opaque objects under the skin. They were able to remove some of the metal and glass object.

I am using this opportunity to call on the Federal government, the Lagos State government, the IG of Police, the commissioner of police, the DPO in command Mushin area and all stake holders to plead my cause and fish out the perpetrator of this evil attempt on an innocent life. I am crying for justice on behalf of myself and other Nigerians that experience police brutality each day.

I will also add this word of advice, “Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” Prov 14:34.
We cannot continue to shed innocent blood and expect God to exalt our nation. The primary responsibility of any government is security of lives and properties and police is the arm of government whose sole responsibility is to enforce the law and not break it nor plunge the nation into thick darkness of God’s anger by shedding innocent blood.

I am also calling on the Federal government and the IG of Police to put in place appropriate mechanism to forestall recurrence of this sought of act by our men in uniform. Many Nigerians lose their life each day to indiscriminate shooting and thirst for blood by some of our officers.
I have attached some pictures with this letter.

Please pass on this message on until it gets to the Inspector General of Police (IDRIS KPOTUN IBRAHIM), the Commissioner of Police Lagos State (Fatai Owoseni) and the President.

you should not write just here and think something would be done. Go to the filling station where you were shot and talk to people around there who you feel stay there a lot and may have witnessed what happened to you. Someone there must give you a name. Go to the Mushin Police station and talk to the DPO and subtly threaten him that this post has gotten out there and you had someone from Lion Building Abuja call you to get the name of the officer in case he fails to co-operate with you. I bet you he would make sure he fixes the situation. All in all, get the name of the officer first. That is the fist major thing you should do!

2 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by ashala(m): 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Truly speechless
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
Useless fools, that was how they locked up a 14yr old boy for 3 good days in my street over the weekend. NPF IS WORSE THAN LUSIFA.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by freecocoa(f): 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
emmykey0128:
OMG,you are so lucky and you need to do a thanksgiving,back to the Nigerian police,there are a lot of cases of indiscriminate shooting of citizens by trigger happy and drunk policemen,i think its high time they ig and the fg look into it,i think alcohol test must be carried out on any policeman before giving them riffle and any policeman caught drinking should be dealt with
Someone was shot and you say he ought to do thanksgiving, thanksgiving for what exactly? Getting shot?
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Tpave(m): 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
Taku555:

Words of advice. We must learn not to argue with these officers no matter how guiltless we may appear. Always obey their order to avoid accidental discharge as a result of anger or drukness. Thank God for your life.
OldBeer:
Pls if you don't know what to say, keep silent.
Nobody is meant to die in such a horrific manner.
She died because of negligence and ignorance.
If it had happened in the US or other developed countries, she would still be alive today.
I am a christian but lets not leave everything to God without striving to do better.
It reeks of laziness and stupîdity and that is not what God stands for.
Taku555:

But the report was that the lady died on the way to the hospital, while she actually got to the hospital but was denied treatment.
And it was police that brought her to the hospital, that means police formed the story.
No pity for human life.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by PaulIdu: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
ellovee:
Thank God it was cartridge bullet that was used.
These are boko harams in govt approved uniform.
Gun men shall mete out similar attack on him.

That's not cartridge or shot gun round ..that's exit of 7.62mm round fired from possibly and AK47 ,flesh wound was caused by glass shrapnel from the car
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by HomeOfMe(f): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
The Nigerian police,the real enemy of the people. Thank goodness for your life.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
Daboomb:

With due respect Sir, you are missing the point!

I will attribute your problem to what is called in Physics/Optic, "Lateral Inversion".
It occurs when you look at things through a mirror or through the lens of a Camera and the IMAGE (what you are seeing) is said to be "Laterally Inverted"!

Look at the picture properly again:
You will see that since we drive on the left, the Steering is on the left side, he will be shot on the left shoulder (since he is facing the front windscreen).
The Bullet, which will pierce/graze his shoulder at his backside (he was leaning forward a bit, to protect his head while the Police killer is shooting from an angle/line of sight that is going from front-to-back) will go into his chair (as shown) and exit on the back right door (straight line).

So, the guy is right, you are the one who is getting confused.

I am happy for the Op! May God continue to protect you.

These Police men are just animals, and they get drunk while on duty, brandishing an AK47 Assault Rifle! shocked shocked

How do you allow a drunken illiterate to hold a weapon in Public?
When will our Police I.G ban Police from drinking while on duty?
How many people need to be murdered in cold blood, before these animals in Uniform are taken off the streets?

It should be an automatic sack, if a Policeman is breathalysed while on duty and found to be DRUNK.
Thanks for the explanation and accompanying politeness
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Mockinbird: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
jyomite:
My God.....you are more than lucky
The Op cheated death!
He's a lucky basterrrd.

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
7Alexander:
I'm sorry about this bro.
But I think your pictorial evidence and your statement doesn't fit.
You said he came to the drivers side asking you to move, tnen pointing a gun at you which he later shot at you from close range.
But from the pictures I'm seeing shows bullet hole at the right back seat. Again, the injury you sustained is on your left shoulder, which shouldn't be , considering the position of the bullet hole on the headrest and the supposed position of your shoulder.
I really don't understand and I'm surprised nobody pointed this out
Did you read the part where he said he bent his head and raised his hands? That explains why the bullet is not in his neck. The bruises behind him could be as a result of shattered glasses.

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by musicwriter(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
Its uncountable!.

It seems the Nigeria police is on a killing spree. A week ago, police at Old Ojo road, killed an innocent man at Maza Maza bus stop. Someone who was going his own way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Herdsmen Shooting Sporadically In Imo State - Vanguard / Newborn Baby Survives 24 Hours After Mother Buried Her In Shallow Grave (Photo) / Four Ejigbo Boys Who Gang-raped Girl, Arrested By Police (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.