Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) (48681 Views)

Young Man Shot Dead At Close Range In Calabar Over Romantic Tussle. Photo / Attempt To Rob A White Man In Enugu State Foiled By Mobile Police Men (photos) / Nigerian Police Reply Nairalander Who Said He & His Friend Were Shot By Police(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by andyanders: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
What do one expect from The Nigerian Police when you see some police officers while still on official duty in a beer parlor drinking alcohol?

This is one things you notice anywhere you find most of them. In fact, most of them you find on liquor joints smoking and drinking while armed.

Now tell me the reason why an officer while drunk will be allowed to carry a gun if not a country whereby they are not sane?

My brother, I thank God for your life. I know the current IG will definitely fish out those responsible and them them be dismissed and sent to jail.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Man2utd(m): 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
this is such a sad incidence, but the funniest thing is that we Nigerians don't care for each other, we wait until things get out of hands before crying out. l read a sad tail of a boy that was wandering on the road on nairaland the other day and no appropriate body took any action even after the emergency service was called. Politicians don't care about the people who kept them there, their natural inclination is to think of how they can enrich themselves. The people in the House of Animals in abuja only pass bills that its effect is never felt by the citizens. if the world is celebrating development in technology and we still take pride in commissioning roads, you know our journey is still very far.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by freecocoa(f): 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2016
Vince77:

Thanksgiving for surviving.

Atheist bikozienu think the other way sometimes. grin
I still don't see why he should be thankful to God when it shouldn't happen in the first place.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2016
ithink7:
More pictures

BOTH THE HOSPITAL AND THE NIGERIAN POLICE ARE RECKLESS AND IT IS SO BAD THAT GOVERNMENT ALLOWED IT.

Would appreciate if this your story is forwarded to Punch.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by andyanders: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2016
freecocoa:
I still don't see why he should be thankful to God when it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Listen mehn, he has to be thankful to His creator for living to tell his own side of the story of what he passed through, if not, they would have killed him and tagged him a robber. Who will defend him?

In fact, I have lost every hope of our law enforcement agencies because they have derailed from what they have been employed to do. You see how some of them shamelessly mount road block and be extorting money while armed. Is that not an official armed robbery established with Tax Payer's money?

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by AutoCarTracker(m): 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
I keep telling people we do not have security structure in this country, I can one day sew a police uniform and go out to commit terrible offences, the FG as a matter of urgency and civilisation introduce proper identification for all police officer, they should have their numbers BOLDLY engraved at the back of their jacket and front as well and ensure that such ID is unique once they key it into national police database it would fish out that bad egg, but they the Nigerian Police is just a cheap scam upon all the money they embezzle daily they cannot improve, also the Army has joined them, I was travelling and noticed all the army personnel on the road have pulled off their names and unit code so their identity can't be recorded, are these people not criminals with power? The early we introduce biometrics and proper identification the safer this country
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by alpha2zulu: 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
sad
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by swissobed: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
Na today no peace for the wicked...criminal in uniform or citizens de will die like the wicked...neva see dis kind country*animals in human skin...
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by fuckpro: 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
africanusvu:
'I scampered like a terified rat climbing al obstacles' then u stil noticd d policeman bending down moumuring he av kild sombdy.u stil saw his coleague siting on d pasanger side.and u ar terified runing 4 ur life.Also.why nt giv d particular place this hapend?if u were able to read RRS.U cld as wel wel be able to get dia name.and unit code.this story isnt making sense
e like say you de mad with all this your yeye question

2 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by NafeesaAA(f): 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
embarassed embarassed

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by NotComplaining: 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
We, the people need a web platform to report police aggression towards the masses. A place with the sole purpose of sharing graphic pictures of abuse and assault. When the world sees it, our government cannot pretend not to be aware of increasing police brutality and not dismiss incidents as isolated cases. We have to expose and shame those officers before they claim a life.

When there is accountability there is surely responsibility.

We do not have to wait, we can create one ourselves with readily available free web technologies.

This has to stop. Nigerian police are criminals in uniform, the worst in the world, the few that aren't are just lucky.

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by andyanders: 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
AutoCarTracker:
I keep telling people we do not have security structure in this country, I can one day sew a police uniform and go out to commit terrible offences, the FG as a matter of urgency and civilisation introduce proper identification for all police officer, they should have their numbers BOLDLY engraved at the back of their jacket and front as well and ensure that such ID is unique once they key it into national police database it would fish out that bad egg, but they the Nigerian Police is just a cheap scam upon all the money they embezzle daily they cannot improve, also the Army has joined them, I was travelling and noticed all the army personnel on the road have pulled off their names and unit code so their identity can't be recorded, are these people not criminals with power? The early we introduce biometrics and proper identification the safer this country

This biometrics should as a matter of urgency be made for every serving police officer's data be saved at the Central Data Base in that the number allocated to them should be inscribed on their official uniform in that when they are out on official duty, when they go against their official conduct, that number should be copied and sent to the police commission in order to identify any bad egg among them.Most of them do this unofficial act because they know that it will be difficult to trace them out.

IG has said that no road block should be mounted and one can still see some that do this illegally without the knowledge of their superior.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by femijay8271(m): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
i thank Almighty God for ur life. u know what to do, just go to channels television or LTV to report dis.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by fuckpro: 9:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
calabardick:

is it today you know that Nigeria is an evil forest? when I was posted to the north, it was there I knew that this country is a gathering of vampires
Sir please explain I want to learn

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Boss13: 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
Captainbells:
I would have said Sue the Nigerian police but Nigeria is a lawless country so that won't get you anywhere

Well still sue the police, sue the IGP, sue the commissioner of police Lagos, sue the AIG Zone 2, sue the Area Commander of the zone, sue the DPO Mushin.

They are the ones sending these boys to go out and collect money on their behalf - he probably shot out of frustration for not meeting the daily target
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Walelavender(m): 9:49pm On Nov 21, 2016
Oh my! OP just thank God for this narrow escape.That was a miracle !
The law of harvest will catch up with the trigger happy policeman. This I'm so sure of.
Imagine! However your quest to get justice is welcomed. I just finished discussing with a friend the abysmal state of policing in Nigeria. It's deteriorating everyday.

Our tertiary health institutions are dwelling in their past glories. The government only pays lip service with respect to providing qualitative health care ; in terms of facilities and effectively trained medical personnels. We will keep deceiving ourselves in this country with cosmetic solutions to germane issues.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Realhommie(m): 9:49pm On Nov 21, 2016
mrbillz:
I think I should narrate my ordeal too having similar experience at Sango Ota this morning. At the early hour of today, I went to First Bank Sango Ota to make a deposit. I was there very early so I could leave ASAP. Unfortunately I overstayed my time in the banking hall due to their erratic network which went off for hours. Happy me! The signal came back after some hours and I was able to do my transaction.
Getting out of the bank was when this terrible incident occurred. Walking up to get a bike back home and was nabbed by the NPF. He was all armed and looking very dangerous. He started interrogating me with stupid questions like. What do you do? Where's your phone? You're looking too fresh not to be a yahoo boy. He collect my iPhone 6 and check through to see if he would find anything on it. He was disappointed not finding anything on my phone. Pulling my shirt and saying let's go. I asked him, to where? He said to the other side of the road to meet his boss. I asked him what have I done wrong to deserve such embarrassment. He said that would be discussed when we get to the police station. I struggle with them but he had my phone already. I had to go with them. As we were going they started out another interrogating session. Saying you're a cultist Abi. I go treat treat you like cultist when we get to the office. I was still uttering words saying I haven't done anything wrong to deserve this Ill-mannered treatment. We got to the police station and they collected all the money on me. One of them counted it and said how much are you giving us out of this money wey you carry. I asked why should I give you money when you haven't rendered any device.
Lo and behold they collected 25k from me. The other guy who was also arrested was almost beaten to pulp and I was also slapped twice for having done anything wrong. They said I was arguing with the officers and being sturbborn. They said I was asking for "Arrest warrant" trying to feel like I know the law more than they do. The assault and embarament from the NPF is getting out of hands everyday. The government should really look into this and save we poor citizen from this horrible experience NPF is giving the citizen they are to protect. Sorry for the long epistle, I couldn't have narrated my encounter with them today more than this. Na only God to save us for Naija. Things are just getting worse by the day. #MyexperiencetodaywiththeNPF
Sorry for the ordeal you had to go through.... This country is messed up, na God hand we dey oooooo. It is well
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
Am happy for you man make our government intervene in this kind of criminal offense they won't all they know is to pack all nigerians money and give corruption and call it country on restoration now recession have taken over
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
ithink7:
My name is Akin. It was Friday 18th Nov 2016. As an IT Consultant, I had to go to Computer Village in search of some IT stuff. After I sent the device to my client via GAT, I stopped over at my friend's office; mma2.

When time came to go home, we drove through Oshodi-Mushin going to Surulere. We just drove past a popular puff-puff place in Mushin when my friend said we could buy some because we were hungry. I said it's not safe to park by the main road, maybe we could enter the Total filling station but there was traffic gridlock as some danfo buses were driving against the confused traffic. I decided to make a right turn by that Total filling station in Mushin maybe we could get a parking space off the road. On coming into another gridlock, we decided to make a U turn.

We almost finished turning, the time should be between 7:30pm and 8:00pm, when two mobile police officers came out of nowhere. Something like RRS boldly written on their black top. One came to my side (driver side) shouting move! move!! pointing his gun at me. I bent my head away from the gun signaling with my hand up in the air that we are trying to make a U turn. Before I could say jack, the man shot right at me in close range. The officer looks drunk. I noticed he took like one step backward and aimed his gun properly at me. He made some kind of “hiss” sound with anger, expressing something like “I will kill this one”. The bullet shattered my driver side glass, brush the top side of my seat close to the head rest, and went through the rear right passenger door, leaving a bullet hole and shattering the glass.
All I heard was a loud bang, my left ear deafened and a cold feeling on my left shoulder like blood flow.

I scampered like a terrified rat, climbing every obstacle just to get away from this danger. I noticed the officer stood still with the gun pointing downward and his partner on the passenger side looking in awe after the shot. He seem to express a feeling of “I don kill somebody oh”. Everything happened so fast. I kept driving forward so that we could get to a safe place ASAP. A boy on a bicycle followed us and kept asking “Bros what happened? Are you injured? What did you do to him? There is blood on your shoulder. But I was too terrified to wait. When we got to Bode Thomas, I packed close to Delta kitchen, came out to evaluate the damage. It was then that I realized it was a gun shot.

I went home, parked the car then went straight to Bode Thomas police station. After narrating my story to the officers on duty, they asked me to go report at Mushin police station. I told them I am scared of going back to that area. Up till this moment, the panic of that terrible experience still persist as I am afraid of going out.

Because of the bleeding, I had to go for medical examination to ascertain if it was life threatening. From Jalupon to Randle then transferred to LUTH emergency. I ended up sitting outside in the cold and mosquito from around 10:00pm till 8:00am the following morning. Though the doctors display passion with their job, it seems to be written all over their faces that they are choking of resources and they kept shouting there is no bed to attend to anyone.

The police brought a lady in the morning, her two legs chopped off with a cutlass after a container fell on her legs. It took up to 15 minutes to bring out a bed to lift her from the police vehicle. A doctor I spoke with said they had to go take a bed from the maternity ward. They could not attend to any of us that came on emergency all through the night. Until around 30 minutes later when I left, she was left on the bed. No drip, no first aid, no nothing. She kept begging, “please don’t let me die” They were asking who will pay for her and she kept telling them to take her phone from her bag and call her people, that they will pay. On Sunday, I read in the news the lady died.

Reading the body language of the doctors and the way events were unfolding, I had to go to another hospital where I was eventually treated. The x-ray result showed many tiny opaque objects under the skin. They were able to remove some of the metal and glass object.

Now I am back home thanking God I came back alive. Do I want this issue to die down? I don't think so.

I am using this opportunity to call on the Federal government, the Lagos State government, the IG of Police, the commissioner of police, the DPO in command Mushin area and all stake holders to plead my cause and fish out the perpetrator of this evil attempt on an innocent life. I am crying for justice on behalf of myself and other Nigerians that experience police brutality each day.

I will also add this word of advice, “Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” Prov 14:34.
We cannot continue to shed innocent blood and expect God to exalt our nation. The primary responsibility of any government is security of lives and properties and police is the arm of government whose sole responsibility is to enforce the law and not break it nor plunge the nation into thick darkness of God’s anger by shedding innocent blood.

I am also calling on the Federal government and the IG of Police to put in place appropriate mechanism to forestall recurrence of this sought of act by our men in uniform. Many Nigerians lose their life each day to indiscriminate shooting and thirst for blood by some of our officers.
I have attached some pictures with this letter.

Please pass on this message on until it gets to the Inspector General of Police (IDRIS KPOTUN IBRAHIM), the Commissioner of Police Lagos State (Fatai Owoseni) and the President.
I'd advice u report to state CID Abj. report the matter, relax and watch action. serious.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by nairaman66(m): 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nigerian police are retired Boko haram members!! All of them..
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by nairaman66(m): 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
africanusvu:
'I scampered like a terified rat climbing al obstacles' then u stil noticd d policeman bending down moumuring he av kild sombdy.u stil saw his coleague siting on d pasanger side.and u ar terified runing 4 ur life.Also.why nt giv d particular place this hapend?if u were able to read RRS.U cld as wel wel be able to get dia name.and unit code.this story isnt making sense

If this story dosnt make sense, I don't think anything will make sense to you man. Use your brain wisely!! You expect the OP to start looking at names at that tensed situation?

It is only plausible for him to see RRS because those letter were written in bold forms! Please use your brain it's everything you've got.

2 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Taku555(m): 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2016
OldBeer:
I can see you are one of those brain-dead christians.
I thought I would have an intelligent response devoid of grammatical errors.
You are ignored.
I think your brean is not better than that of a cockroach. I don't have your time again
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by nellyelitz(m): 10:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
surestsam:
Oga o, naija police shaaaa...

Get full tutorial videos on Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator . This videos will take you from beginner to expert in;

1. Photography
2. Logo Design
3 Carton Design
4. Infographics
5. Banner Design
6. Ebook Design
7. Vectorizing

Cost: #2500
Videos are on mega cloud
Check signature for contacts... .
will contact u
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
Things the happen o, Nigeria my country!!! ThankGod for you bro. May the soul of the other lady rest in peace

Check my signature to get Hilarious Naija comedy videos
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
The police and touts,even arm robbers no difference
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by 1miccza: 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2016
Thank God you are okay and thank God for sparing your life. As for you calling on the IG bros forget that one he might even be so drunk and dead to the world that comprehending would be an issue...

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Jadoskii(m): 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
Baawaa:
How do you want them to be fish out,no names,no numbers
Go to your church and give testimony.
At least they could interrogate the policemen deployed to that unit (police men don't just appear at any unit,their oga deploys dem to wherever he deems fit ,so there shld be a record of their names)......they should start from there the truth will come out.....by the time they test the guns of the police officers positioned at that unit for gun powder residue,they'll know who fired their weapon recently....
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
africanusvu:
You said i was sounding like an EDUCATED CARCASS.and at the end u said i am an UNEDUCATED ANIMAL.let analyse this character.a carcas is a dead animal.one cant be d two at once.also it is eighther i am EDUCATED.As in above or fuckingly UNEDUCATED,It is either i am a carcas or an animal.Nw i hereby put it to u dat thou art a lier.and hereby pronounce u quilty as charged.ur sentence hereby goes u ar same as confused as the OP.case adjourned till death of APC.Coouurrtt!!!
TRASH
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Pylony(m): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
When in other parts of the country, they go about shooting at Innocent Nigerians, transfer them to the hot pot in Borno, see how they drop their guns and uniforms on sighting boko boys..
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by surestsam(m): 11:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
nellyelitz:
will contact u

Alright Sir
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by mrbillz(m): 12:28am On Nov 22, 2016
Realhommie:
Sorry for the ordeal you had to go through.... This country is messed up, na God hand we dey oooooo. It is well
Thanks bro! I pray no Nairalander will encounter such IJN. It's not an experience worth having. It was a terrible nightmare for me cry
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by slimsoshady(m): 12:41am On Nov 22, 2016
My Man,happy you scaled thru.but the situation is baffling.. Are doctors not meant to save lives?..I think every institution should be scrapped n reinvented again..and all workers giving proper orientation.. Cus OT is seriously lacking everywhere... In N.W.A Voice Bleep tha police,bunch of lawless criminals claiming to protect us.. No such thing as protection in this part of the world, in the end all man is hear for himself..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Herdsmen Shooting Sporadically In Imo State - Vanguard / Newborn Baby Survives 24 Hours After Mother Buried Her In Shallow Grave (Photo) / Four Ejigbo Boys Who Gang-raped Girl, Arrested By Police (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.