Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) (48677 Views)

Young Man Shot Dead At Close Range In Calabar Over Romantic Tussle. Photo / Attempt To Rob A White Man In Enugu State Foiled By Mobile Police Men (photos) / Nigerian Police Reply Nairalander Who Said He & His Friend Were Shot By Police(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by slimsoshady(m): 12:45am On Nov 22, 2016
Jadoskii:
At least they could interrogate the policemen deployed to that unit (police men don't just appear at any unit,their oga deploys dem to wherever he deems fit ,so there shld be a record of their names)......they should start from there the truth will come out.....by the time they test the guns of the police officers positioned at that unit for gun powder residue,they'll know who fired their weapon recently....
Bros are yu talking of npf or an action film yu watched, cus iyam not understanding you one bit . interrogate kini .
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Biospnx(m): 1:04am On Nov 22, 2016
Buy bulletproof car, una no go gree tongue
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by miky(m): 1:50am On Nov 22, 2016
Op no one is going to fight for your case except you! i suggest you go to the appropriate authorities, dont give up pls. Nigeria can change, but the people must be ready for it, no president, miracle or messiah, or God will change nigeria..

so sad what happened to the lady, but those doctors are not even in a position to help, because the system is broken..

Why should the most intelligent nigerians shun being in the police force? and leave it to the idiots and drunkards to do the job? what do we expect?
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Realhommie(m): 5:41am On Nov 22, 2016
mrbillz:
Thanks bro! I pray no Nairalander will encounter such IJN. It's not an experience worth having. It was a terrible nightmare for me cry
Yea, one can only imagine it..
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by sekem: 6:35am On Nov 22, 2016
... happens only in the Z O.O
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by MSEdLAW(m): 7:55am On Nov 22, 2016
You can actually cause a petition to be issued against that Mushin police division asking for a thorough investigation/probe on the activities..of their officers..Nonetheless it would be hard to fish this officer becos youu neither saw his name or force nos .However You may further write to the NHRC. stating your case and requesting assistance in enforcing your rights.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Ken4agent(m): 8:23am On Nov 22, 2016
am not a lagosian but I know neiborhood in Lagos u don't just do anyhow once it is nightfall....Mushin is a wrong place to stop by @ dat time to buy puff-puff....d officer is not traceable since u did not have any clue as to how to identify him...but I bet u d wicked shall never go unpunished...thank God for yur life and learn yur lesson.

as for the woman who died due to negligence, such ugly incidence is is becoming normal in Lagos General Hospitals. it simply a long term effect of the Lagos over population. RIP to the lady
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by saydfact(m): 8:38am On Nov 22, 2016
We shd tweet @MBuhari and @NigeriaPolice until it gets to the authorities, i wonder why they just give this illiterates and un-civilized persons gun

see https://www.nairaland.com/3457611/police-friend-top-5-reasons for my experience with the Nigeria police.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by obc: 8:44am On Nov 22, 2016
ThankGod for your life bro. I can understand how you feel. I pray you get justice. One almost shot me at Alaba Int'l Market. He was trying to control traffic, immediately he sighted me with my scooter 250cc bike, he started asking where is my riders permit? I quickly sensed delay and extortion as usual. I had to speed off. The guy pursued me thinking that the traffic wont allow me maneuver. They guy ran more than Bolt pursuing me with gun. I prayed fervently that he didn't shoot me in the process.

Nigeria Police is a mess.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by akreest(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2016
Please make a formal complaint about the incident to the CRU.

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Greatidonis: 9:02am On Nov 22, 2016
I can't just cry but I cried.... imagine that woman in such conditions crying for her life to be saved.... who asks of money in such situation.... This is someone that would have been airlifted by air ambulance in societies that work.... Sorry bro thank God your alive....God save Nigeria.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Koolking(m): 9:41am On Nov 22, 2016
ithink7:
My name is Akin. It was Friday 18th Nov 2016.

He seem to express a feeling of “I don kill somebody oh”. Everything happened so fast. I kept driving forward so that we could get to a safe place ASAP. A boy on a bicycle followed us and kept asking “Bros what happened? Are you injured? What did you do to him? There is blood on your shoulder. But I was too terrified to wait. When we got to Bode Thomas, I packed close to Delta kitchen, came out to evaluate the damage. It was then that I realized it was a gun shot.

I went home, parked the car then went straight to Bode Thomas police station. After narrating my story to the officers on duty, they asked me to go report at Mushin police station. I told them I am scared of going back to that area. Up till this moment, the panic of that terrible experience still persist as I am afraid of going out.

Now I am back home thanking God I came back alive. Do I want this issue to die down? I don't think so.

I am crying for justice on behalf of myself and other Nigerians that experience police brutality each day.

While applauding you for your bravely in surviving the happy-triggered cop. Am hugely disappointed you cowardly vanished from the scene and never returned to investigate the drunk cop and pressed for justice. You cant find justice in the comfort of your home and on NL...The stupid cop is out there and would still shoot others at wanton.

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by chrisj2(m): 10:22am On Nov 22, 2016
What a terrible post - this man almost got killed in a lawless country and you are slamming him for not returning. Do you want him dead first before he can take action.

Live today fight another day!

By the way, he has made moves and has complained and the Police are trying to dismiss the incident. They tweeted that his injury must have been from a pellet gun - no sirs. He was injured by the shattered glass from his car window - that is obvious to me and the bullet hole is clearly visible; so not a pellet gun.

Can we please now flood the Police Complaint Tweeter handle with our sympathies for this citizen.

Check: https://twitter.com/PoliceNG - the story is there already[b] https://twitter.com/PoliceNG_PCRRU[/b]

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by chrisj2(m): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2016
akreest:
Please make a formal complaint about the incident to the CRU.

Done! It is already on their Tweeter feed...
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by koolaid87: 11:06am On Nov 22, 2016
Sorry for your ordeal brother.

It saddens my heart to realize that the woman passed away after witnessing so much pain and it troubles me much more that our people pay too much price just for being born in a country called Nigeria.

I can only hope someone will read this and act accordingly.

Our ethics is so corrupt that I fear our unborn generation
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Jadoskii(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2016
slimsoshady:
Bros are yu talking of npf or an action film yu watched, cus iyam not understanding you one bit . interrogate kini .
abi na

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by surestsam(m): 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
nellyelitz:
will contact u
I will be expecting.....
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by chrisj2(m): 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
Why are people so defeatist? Yes, the whole thing should be investigated and why not? The gunpowder residue might be more of CSI and Tv detective stuff but I am sure we have the technology; only problem is that some time has passed...

However, all those police officers deployed to that area can be subject to internal investigation and a timely inspection of their weapons will be useful and if there is some sort of accountability, a bullet count might also yield result but I doubt such an account of bullet acquired and discharged is kept...

This policeman has to be taken off the street and out of the force. If this OP is the son of a politician or a white foreigner you will see quick action.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by modupe2: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
So sorry for your ordeal brother as we really need to be thankful to God for this narrow safe. Yes, it was a narrow one as it would have been an irreparable situation should it went otherwise.

Frankly, as much as I believe in this our country called Nigeria, our oneness, Unity of purpose and even as an ardent supporter of the present administration, I am not troubled in all fairness to boldly say we are in failed Nation.

My experience with a police officer in Abuja last week is not also something to be proud of, you needed to see how that dude instigated a traffic offence against me and before I could mention Jack, he was already mentioning Kidnapping and other terrible offences just to justify his gluttony wish that later extorted me of my hard earned N 2k.

And the question now is, what have we gotten right as a Nation? From your narrated tribulation and what regrettably now happens to be daily routine, the Police that are charged with responsibility of protecting citizens are the ones shooting same citizens for no justification, our Hospitals are not equipped with human and equipment resources to safe citizens’ souls when required, security operatives that should be discharging their duties in the interest of the citizens are doing same but against the citizens’ interests, our roads are death ambushed, instead of our amenities/infrastructures to be progressively upgraded/advanced to equal, carter for and respond to the generously increasing population, they are deteriorating and worsening, our leaders are liars, fraudsters, hoaxers, deceivers, devil incarnates and distance themselves from fear of God like two planets apart.

I was one of the plenty Nigerians that were full of joy and elation of an imaginary restored hope when this administration came to being, but even with conspicuous good intention of the number man, the rotten forces close to him as allies and those that are far from him that should be playing the roles of oppositions specifically as it’s done in sane worlds have all politicized our values for their devilish cause and dashed the much expected hope.

Gullible and fractional ordinary Nigerians that allow their brains to be washed along ethnics, political and religious lines are not helping the matters and also to be blamed.

We are in deep mess!

ithink7:
My name is Akin. It was Friday 18th Nov 2016. As an IT Consultant, I had to go to Computer Village in search of some IT stuff. After I sent the device to my client via GAT, I stopped over at my friend's office; mma2.

When time came to go home, we drove through Oshodi-Mushin going to Surulere. We just drove past a popular puff-puff place in Mushin when my friend said we could buy some because we were hungry. I said it's not safe to park by the main road, maybe we could enter the Total filling station but there was traffic gridlock as some danfo buses were driving against the confused traffic. I decided to make a right turn by that Total filling station in Mushin maybe we could get a parking space off the road. On coming into another gridlock, we decided to make a U turn.

We almost finished turning, the time should be between 7:30pm and 8:00pm, when two mobile police officers came out of nowhere. Something like RRS boldly written on their black top. One came to my side (driver side) shouting move! move!! pointing his gun at me. I bent my head away from the gun signaling with my hand up in the air that we are trying to make a U turn. Before I could say jack, the man shot right at me in close range. The officer looks drunk. I noticed he took like one step backward and aimed his gun properly at me. He made some kind of “hiss” sound with anger, expressing something like “I will kill this one”. The bullet shattered my driver side glass, brush the top side of my seat close to the head rest, and went through the rear right passenger door, leaving a bullet hole and shattering the glass.
All I heard was a loud bang, my left ear deafened and a cold feeling on my left shoulder like blood flow.

I scampered like a terrified rat, climbing every obstacle just to get away from this danger. I noticed the officer stood still with the gun pointing downward and his partner on the passenger side looking in awe after the shot. He seem to express a feeling of “I don kill somebody oh”. Everything happened so fast. I kept driving forward so that we could get to a safe place ASAP. A boy on a bicycle followed us and kept asking “Bros what happened? Are you injured? What did you do to him? There is blood on your shoulder. But I was too terrified to wait. When we got to Bode Thomas, I packed close to Delta kitchen, came out to evaluate the damage. It was then that I realized it was a gun shot.

I went home, parked the car then went straight to Bode Thomas police station. After narrating my story to the officers on duty, they asked me to go report at Mushin police station. I told them I am scared of going back to that area. Up till this moment, the panic of that terrible experience still persist as I am afraid of going out.

Because of the bleeding, I had to go for medical examination to ascertain if it was life threatening. From Jalupon to Randle then transferred to LUTH emergency. I ended up sitting outside in the cold and mosquito from around 10:00pm till 8:00am the following morning. Though the doctors display passion with their job, it seems to be written all over their faces that they are choking of resources and they kept shouting there is no bed to attend to anyone.

The police brought a lady in the morning, her two legs chopped off with a cutlass after a container fell on her legs. It took up to 15 minutes to bring out a bed to lift her from the police vehicle. A doctor I spoke with said they had to go take a bed from the maternity ward. They could not attend to any of us that came on emergency all through the night. Until around 30 minutes later when I left, she was left on the bed. No drip, no first aid, no nothing. She kept begging, “please don’t let me die” They were asking who will pay for her and she kept telling them to take her phone from her bag and call her people, that they will pay. On Sunday, I read in the news the lady died.

Reading the body language of the doctors and the way events were unfolding, I had to go to another hospital where I was eventually treated. The x-ray result showed many tiny opaque objects under the skin. They were able to remove some of the metal and glass object.

Now I am back home thanking God I came back alive. Do I want this issue to die down? I don't think so.

I am using this opportunity to call on the Federal government, the Lagos State government, the IG of Police, the commissioner of police, the DPO in command Mushin area and all stake holders to plead my cause and fish out the perpetrator of this evil attempt on an innocent life. I am crying for justice on behalf of myself and other Nigerians that experience police brutality each day.

I will also add this word of advice, “Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” Prov 14:34.
We cannot continue to shed innocent blood and expect God to exalt our nation. The primary responsibility of any government is security of lives and properties and police is the arm of government whose sole responsibility is to enforce the law and not break it nor plunge the nation into thick darkness of God’s anger by shedding innocent blood.

I am also calling on the Federal government and the IG of Police to put in place appropriate mechanism to forestall recurrence of this sought of act by our men in uniform. Many Nigerians lose their life each day to indiscriminate shooting and thirst for blood by some of our officers.
I have attached some pictures with this letter.

Please pass on this message on until it gets to the Inspector General of Police (IDRIS KPOTUN IBRAHIM), the Commissioner of Police Lagos State (Fatai Owoseni) and the President.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by ebby9z(m): 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
I've lost hope in this assemblage of deranged sadistic humans called a country.
Imagine that poor lady who died in acute pain and agony just because of a dysfunctional health system - someone must have embezzled funds meant for procurement of hospital beds
It's only in an insane country that police officers bearing arms would be allowed to be ingesting alcohol while on duty.
We've shouted ourselves hoarse that we need a total overhaul of our policing system - but do we have leaders?
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by rhames(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
I was not the happiest man when this man was appointed CBN Governor.

He was one of those forex racketeers when he was director of Zenith Bank.

I am not surprised that some people get better during crisis while he develops shallow thinking..

he should talk to past governors if he does not know what to do next.

Nuisance.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by ceasare: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
ithink7:
My name is Akin. It was Friday 18th Nov 2016. As an IT Consultant, I had to go to Computer Village in search of some IT stuff. After I sent the device to my client via GAT, I stopped over at my friend's office; mma2.

When time came to go home, we drove through Oshodi-Mushin going to Surulere. We just drove past a popular puff-puff place in Mushin when my friend said we could buy some because we were hungry. I said it's not safe to park by the main road, maybe we could enter the Total filling station but there was traffic gridlock as some danfo buses were driving against the confused traffic. I decided to make a right turn by that Total filling station in Mushin maybe we could get a parking space off the road. On coming into another gridlock, we decided to make a U turn.

We almost finished turning, the time should be between 7:30pm and 8:00pm, when two mobile police officers came out of nowhere. Something like RRS boldly written on their black top. One came to my side (driver side) shouting move! move!! pointing his gun at me. I bent my head away from the gun signaling with my hand up in the air that we are trying to make a U turn. Before I could say jack, the man shot right at me in close range. The officer looks drunk. I noticed he took like one step backward and aimed his gun properly at me. He made some kind of “hiss” sound with anger, expressing something like “I will kill this one”. The bullet shattered my driver side glass, brush the top side of my seat close to the head rest, and went through the rear right passenger door, leaving a bullet hole and shattering the glass.
All I heard was a loud bang, my left ear deafened and a cold feeling on my left shoulder like blood flow.

I scampered like a terrified rat, climbing every obstacle just to get away from this danger. I noticed the officer stood still with the gun pointing downward and his partner on the passenger side looking in awe after the shot. He seem to express a feeling of “I don kill somebody oh”. Everything happened so fast. I kept driving forward so that we could get to a safe place ASAP. A boy on a bicycle followed us and kept asking “Bros what happened? Are you injured? What did you do to him? There is blood on your shoulder. But I was too terrified to wait. When we got to Bode Thomas, I packed close to Delta kitchen, came out to evaluate the damage. It was then that I realized it was a gun shot.

Because of the bleeding, I had to go for medical examination to ascertain if it was life threatening. From Jalupon to Randle then transferred to LUTH emergency. I ended up sitting outside in the cold and mosquito from around 10:00pm till 8:00am the following morning. Though the doctors display passion with their job, it seems to be written all over their faces that they are choking of resources and they kept shouting there is no bed to attend to anyone.

The police brought a lady in the morning, her two legs chopped off with a cutlass after a container fell on her legs. It took up to 15 minutes to bring out a bed to lift her from the police vehicle. A doctor I spoke with said they had to go take a bed from the maternity ward. They could not attend to any of us that came on emergency all through the night. Until around 30 minutes later when I left, she was left on the bed. No drip, no first aid, no nothing. She kept begging, “please don’t let me die” They were asking who will pay for her and she kept telling them to take her phone from her bag and call her people, that they will pay. On Sunday, I read in the news the lady died.

Reading the body language of the doctors and the way events were unfolding, I had to go to another hospital where I was eventually treated. The x-ray result showed many tiny opaque objects under the skin. They were able to remove some of the metal and glass object.

I am using this opportunity to call on the Federal government, the Lagos State government, the IG of Police, the commissioner of police, the DPO in command Mushin area and all stake holders to plead my cause and fish out the perpetrator of this evil attempt on an innocent life. I am crying for justice on behalf of myself and other Nigerians that experience police brutality each day.

I will also add this word of advice, “Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” Prov 14:34.
We cannot continue to shed innocent blood and expect God to exalt our nation. The primary responsibility of any government is security of lives and properties and police is the arm of government whose sole responsibility is to enforce the law and not break it nor plunge the nation into thick darkness of God’s anger by shedding innocent blood.

I am also calling on the Federal government and the IG of Police to put in place appropriate mechanism to forestall recurrence of this sought of act by our men in uniform. Many Nigerians lose their life each day to indiscriminate shooting and thirst for blood by some of our officers.

Please pass on this message on until it gets to the Inspector General of Police (IDRIS KPOTUN IBRAHIM), the Commissioner of Police Lagos State (Fatai Owoseni) and the President.

Don't let this lie low .
If ur scared of going to mushin ask a lawyer to report on ur
Behalf and go to for headquarters and report to d office of the
pRO or commissioner and to start with report to the police CRU on whatsaapp and
Tagg IG twitter hand and the NPF handles and any of the tv stations handle and see
Results.....ambode handles too if possible
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Timossa(m): 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
I thank God for your life Mr. Akin, his hands of protection is all around and his banner of love is over you. This is worth testifying for. Praise the Lord.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
ithink7:

The Nigerian Police have replied you using their Twitter handle, it's on FP today...You need to see this: https://www.nairaland.com/3482065/nigerian-police-reply-nairalander-said
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Zubeezanga(m): 2:16am On Nov 24, 2016
well u said he shot at close range and from the pictures it means he shot from your own driver
you didn't put the pictures for us to see your shattered window the only shattered window that am seeing is car owners window, also around 7 something it should be dark you ducked your head and you where still able to see him take a step back and aim and traffic gridlock but you were able to zoom off fast climbing obstacles without hitting any car and yet a boy riding a bicycle was able to catch up with you driving a car to ask u what you did why you were shot who in this nl will see a police man shoot at two young boys inside a car and they zoom off and still have the guts to follow A CAR WITH BICYCLE AND CATCH UP to ask u wat happen without being afraid you might be armed robbers what was you friends reaction why didnt ur friend escort you to the hospital your shirts has no sign of tear so how did glass injure your skin without penetrating your shirt bros I don't think that shirt on the pix is what you wore wen shot.
and to Nigeria landers who have decided to crucify d police because of report from 1 side of the story I wonder how will you all feel when you are seen guilty just because somebody accused you with them hearing from your side.
If the police you all are calling names goes on break for just an hour how do you think you country will be like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abusive Boyfriend Tied Up, Stabbed by His Girlfriend. VIDEO / 3 Headless Bodies with missing private parts Found Under Ondo Bridge / Herdsmen Shooting Sporadically In Imo State - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.