Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" (23128 Views)

Senator Says NTA, FRCN, VON ‘no Longer Make Sense’; Should Be Sold / Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession / We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by dre11(m): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, says the federal government will stop making excuses about the state of the economy, but work around the clock to pull the country out of recession.

The government had on several occasions blamed the Goodluck Jonathan administration for the current situation.

But speaking at the fourth Commonwealth Public Relations Congress in Lagos, Mohammed assured Nigerians of government’s commitment to implementing realistic policies that would reverse the trend.

“We are not unaware of the harsh effects of the recession on the citizens. We share in their pains and we make no excuses as we continue to work round the clock to ensure that this tough time is quickly brought to an end. The good news is that the prognosis for a quick end to the recession is encouraging,” Segun Adeyemi, Mohammed spokesman, quoted him as saying.

“As the saying goes, the recession is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. The challenge for us as a government is to turn the bend, and we are doing just that.”

Mohammed said while the Buhari administration rode to power on the crest of change, there can be no change without discomforts.

He, however, assured Nigerians that with persistence on the part of the government and perseverance on the part of the people, there was light at the end of the tunnel.

The minister said the government was investing massively in infrastructural development – roads, railways, power, and creating jobs in the process – as part of efforts to pull the country out of recession.

Mohammed also said the alternative funding of the oil and gas industry joint ventures, which has been approved by the federal executive council, would also impact positively on the economy.

“(This alternative funding) is set to increase the net federal government revenue per annum by about $2 billion, lead to an increase in national production from the current 2.2 million barrels per day to 2.5 mbpd by 2019, reduce unit technical costs from $27.96/barrel oil equivalent (boe) to $18/boe and double the net payments to the federation account, from about $7Billion to over $14Billion by 2020,” he said.

“The funding mechanism would also allow the JV business to be self-funding, restore investor confidence; raise the prospects of higher investment in growth activities by the partners and arrest production decline.”

https://www.thecable.ng/lai-well-no-longer-make-excuses-recession

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by AntiIPOOP(m): 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Well said.

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nairalanders have, through their incessant attacks, reformed this one's medulla oblongata. The mad king in Aso Rock is next in line..

134 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by bonechamberlain(m): 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
U guys have no choice, ur excuses are not being bought any longer.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by Paperwhite(m): 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
This man & his APC are very,very,very,silly. So you guys deliberately choose to give excuses right or rather have ran out of lies & propaganda? So the ministry of propaganda budget have been exhausted? No keep up the blame game.It sure gonna consume you all.Ystdy it was "social media"headache,today you're now acknowledging you failed your constitutional responsibilities.I have never seen such a useless government on earth like the APC.Where're their NL supporters to defend this shit.

176 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by mosalab(m): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
Always repeating the same tape... 2019 is loading

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by lomprico(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
So una knw say ma excuses una dey give since may 29 2015?

Small small the full truth of una agenda go comot.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by Atiku2019: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
Media Stories cry

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by leofab(f): 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
Goatth
Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by Chiedu4Trump: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
The Lying Legend has come again oh!

Oga, as far as Nigerians are concerned, even if you bring water that everyody can see.
Because its APC, Buhari & you, e go hard us to believe say na water person dey see so.

sekundosekundo:
Na so
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4517982_picsart101911_04_32_jpeg07a08b74db4d8ff265e7851bdfe1a561

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lai Muhammad already know people have known him for his lies so he is tired of the negative picture is posing upon himself not only in Nigeria but also the universe know him to be a typical lier

20 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by LEOSIRSIR(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
He be like say they want to tell us another story again

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by otitokoroleti: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
Only those lunatic zombie that still defend idiotic daura dunce!
Iyalaya yin ko ni sun re.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by dguizman(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
It is not your fault,the fault is ours....meanwhile

18 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by themonk(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Here comes another lie from the infamous lai mohammed

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by rozayx5(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin cheesy grin

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by Godprotectigbos(f): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by gurunlocker: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Future impossible tense...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by Christane: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dat wat i wana hear ..dis z d best tnz av heard 4rm dz buhari administration ...my street use to be d best in my area ..since i move in 6yrs ago .for the first tym since we pack in arm robbers i mean robbers wit gun storm my street robbing 3houses sucessfully ...why??al becus of buhari n is brother called recession ...we nid to kill dis recession b4 it kills us al .

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by evansjeff(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
I have one mind set and it's working so far. I don't wanna care what ever party or whoever rules this country or my state, "this administration will definitely favour me". Twice I've applied for something so far, twice I've been successful. Thank you Lord.

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
That's another lie

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
[size=15pt]Femi & Shehu the "Garbage might go contrary to what Oga Lai has just said. Let's wait for them, may be by tomorrow we will know our stand..[/size]

Believe this man at your own peril

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by nerilove(m): 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
Excuses don dry finish...Nigerians are wiser now

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by henrydadon(m): 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2016

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by divide9ja: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
Which Lai, this Lie Mohammed wan talk again

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by otitokoroleti: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
Atiku2019:
Media Stories cry
Have you heard that only werey supports atiku?

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by visijo(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
this lie Mohammed no de shame at all... imagine.

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by BrutalJab: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
Stupid and yeye people.

Keep blaming naa

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by ojun50(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
For tins to work back u guys need to apologies to Gej if nt ntin for u guys. By 2019 u out already.

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by crackhouse(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
That's another excuse u just made now.

Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by Chipappii(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
Re: Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" by hushshinani(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
k

Fayose Inspects Ongoing Work At Ado Ekiti Flyover(pics) / Ayo Adebanjo: Buhari Wants To Provoke Nigerians To Go To War / 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista