Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession (20131 Views)

May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Islie: 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
Says he can’t forget the poor

By Tobi Soniyi

President Muhammadu Buhari has rejected the criticism that his handling of the economy led the country into a recession.

Speaking at the State House,in Abuja during a  meeting with ‎ the Senior Executive Course No 38 of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, (NIPSS),  he said that it was not his administration that led the country into recession.

‎The president said: “In the last one and half years of this administration, the economy has experienced some tough times, particularly with the decline in oil revenues, which has some harsh impacts on Nigerians at the grassroots.

“It is also important to note that the economic recession is not the making of this administration, but rather a consequence of bad management of the economy in the past couple of decades. Nor is recession limited to Nigeria; there are far, far worse cases than Nigeria.”

The president, however, said that no matter the scale of the  problem facing the country, the important thing was how to tackle it.

He said his administration was  committed to finding lasting solutions to the nation’s economic structural imbalance.

“Let us have faith in our great nation that we will come out of this recession vibrant and strong‎,” he added.

‎The president said it was impossible for his administration to ignore the poor who made great sacrifice to bring him to government.

He said: “Ours more than any other government in the history of Nigeria is a people’s government.  We therefore must and we will keep faith with the people.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/11/03/buhari-my-government-not-responsible-for-recession/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by talktonase(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2016
Haba bubu! You hide all the bread for TSA nah.If it was lie Moha that said this it would have been a different story all together...

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by GreatUniben: 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
Haba bubu, when u use incompetent and uneducated people to run a large country (like "Nigeria will soon starts to export rice, like half year fake diploma results to take over from a prof in NCC, like pry 6 home econs teacher to run Nigeria economy). Lolz we never start grin grin grin grin grin grin

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by mayorchelsea(m): 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
The sane and objective people who have moved on from 2015 election know your government isn't entirely responsible for this recession. We know that we have been running a mono economy totally dependent on the prices of crude oil and we failed to listen to experts who shouted that we started diversifying our economy and left agriculture.Though the inconsistencies in your foreign exchange policies through the CBN didn't also help as you and your cabinet could have done better but we expect you to find solutions to this recession.Don't quote me abeg.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by MrcuteOscar: 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
people's government you say; you might be correct, the people that are the true leaders are suffering, and we are meant to believe that, things would CHANGE. wow. Nigeria and Nigerians are patient people, if not that run way u say u wan be run, you for run am. I swear, thank your stars. Lubhish.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by mayorchelsea(m): 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
The sane and objective people who have moved on from 2015 election know your government isn't responsible for this recession. We know that we have been running a mono economy totally dependent on the prices of crude oil and we failed to listen to experts who shouted that we started diversifying our economy and left agriculture.Though the inconsistencies in your foreign exchange policies through the CBN didn't also help as you and your cabinet could have done better but we expect you to find solutions to this recession.Don't quote me abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by alexiej(m): 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
Of course it's not ur administration.

Just like pple say when they're caught cheating- "it is the devil"

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by stexsy(m): 11:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
Useless certificateless fool

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by progress69: 12:25am On Nov 04, 2016
stexsy:

Oga certificate holder, class rep u nor chop, head boy, u nor even smell am, departmentap president, No, Faculty President, hell no,, ok,, SUG president nko, u nor chop, councilor, chairman.... nothing wey u don ever chop, yet u go come only dey yarn dust and abuse the president of a sovereign nation, president of you and your entire family.You better go throway or burn that your worthless certificate.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Splinz(m): 12:33am On Nov 04, 2016
Apparently, this ancestor doesn't want to take responsibilities. Perhaps, we also need to bat him on the back for a job well done. Silly!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Unblockable: 12:55am On Nov 04, 2016
stexsy:

Progress69, you finish work for this guy body. Don't even know what to tell him anymore.

Most of them just type rubbish to garner 'likes' from their like minds undermining whether what they type actually make sense or not.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Splashme: 1:28am On Nov 04, 2016
[size=20pt]Useless man.
Nigeria's worst nightmare
[/size]

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Blue3k2: 1:32am On Nov 04, 2016
Didn't your party already take responsibility for recession. Lol as chief of party he should pay attention to happening around him. These guys are double minded and have no consensus on anything.

https://www.nairaland.com/3426298/finally-apc-takes-responsibility-economic

https://www.nairaland.com/3426433/finally-apc-takes-responsibility-current

16 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Siberia101: 2:49am On Nov 04, 2016
Confused President

Blame GEJ as Usual

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by chriskosherbal(m): 2:57am On Nov 04, 2016
smiley
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Sibrah: 3:00am On Nov 04, 2016
See whem vile wailers . . .

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Pavarottii(m): 4:17am On Nov 04, 2016
But u want to borrow 30billion dollars.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Pavarottii(m): 4:21am On Nov 04, 2016
progress69:

Oga certificate holder, class rep u nor chop, head boy, u nor even smell am, departmentap president, No, Faculty President, hell no,, ok,, SUG president nko, u nor chop, councilor, chairman.... nothing wey u don ever chop, yet u go come only dey yarn dust and abuse the president of a sovereign nation, president of you and your entire family.You better go throway or burn that your worthless certificate.
Atleast he. Has a certificate, which I know u don't av or will ever av, cos u don't know the importance

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Jesusloveyou: 5:32am On Nov 04, 2016
talktonase:
Haba bubu! You hide all the bread for TSA nah.If it was lie Moha that said this it would have been a different story all together...
so na TSA cause recession, iPods sef, always reason zigzag with their anus

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 04, 2016
In less than 1 year, the bumbling incompetent president implemented and caused the fillowing ;

TSA, forex restrictions causing financial panic, banning of important raw materials for factories, currency pegging, fuel price hike, banning of foodstuffs, increase in VAT collection, crazy demarketing of nigeria internationally, lack of policy direction and developmental framework, useless policies that caused the removal of 2.2 trillion naira by foreign investors in 1 year, budget padding, corruption, lopsised appointments with incompetent ministers and policy makers, divisive politics that caused renewed militancy coupled with oil price drop ...

Even US economy will go into recession if buhari leads it for two months.

132 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 04, 2016
In Akon's voice : "you can put the blame on me "

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by babdap: 5:52am On Nov 04, 2016
We have had this before and that was why Nigerians voted for you, shut up and do your job 2019 is fast approaching.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Adesiji77: 6:14am On Nov 04, 2016
Issokay!
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Tonyosas101(m): 6:18am On Nov 04, 2016
Baba..noh let anybody hear ham ooo

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by progress69: 7:01am On Nov 04, 2016
Pavarottii:

Atleast he. Has a certificate, which I know u don't av or will ever av, cos u don't know the importance

You are his charge and bail lawyer bah? Na where your certificate carry u reach.

Kwontinu.......
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2016
[size=14pt]Linus!!![/size]

grin grin grin grin

29 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Turks: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2016
Very true! But your government's policies are making it a whole lot harder for people...No cushioning effect whatsoever..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Unimaginable123: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2016
Let the blame game continue. This govt will keep blaming Jonathan till we kick them out in 2019

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by ksstroud: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2016

lol
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by nestic3: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2016
this Buhari dey use us play fah

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Abubakar Arrives Jigawa In A Commercial Plane / Mimiko Dumps Labour Party, Joins ZLP / APC Mourns Death Of PDP Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.