Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules (24774 Views)

Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention / PDP: Why Makarfi Faction Is Wooing Aggrieved APC Chiefs – sheriff Faction / Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by july66: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The court of appeal has upheld the caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under the leadership of Ahmed Makarfi, describing the faction led by Ali Modu Sheriff as illegal.

In a judgement on Wednesday, the panel of judges led by Ibrahim Saulawa, set aside the ruling of Okon Abang, a judge of the federal high court Abuja, who declared Makarfi’s faction as “illegal”.

In a ruling on June 29, Abang ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) not to recognise any candidate from the Markafi faction.

But the panel held that Abang’s ruling was “displaced, and most troubling”.

“It is a gross abuse of section 36 (1) of the constitution, particularly the right to fair hearing,” Saulawa held.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-sheriffs-faction-illegal-appeal-court-rules
Abang's judgements are most controversial.
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by airsaylongcon: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
ddippset:
when PDP wins it is victory for democracy, when APC wins it is decree 44. cursed nation, cursed homo sapiens.

This is an internal PDP something. How e take concern APC? Abi APC get faction inside PDP?
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Congratulations to all members and supporters of PDP.

It has been a long and hard fought battle, but we triumphed.

It is time to join hands together and win Ondo for PDP, while we prepare for our convention.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE
power to which ppl? ppl wey hunger don finish, if u r a politician, i have 1 prayer 4u, as frm 2day, u go begin shiit frm ur mouth so u wil nt lie to ppl again. both pdp@apc wil experience massive death in 2017. amen,
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by july66: 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The court of appeal has upheld the caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under the leadership of Ahmed Makarfi, describing the faction led by Ali Modu Sheriff as illegal.

In a judgement on Wednesday, the panel of judges led by Ibrahim Saulawa, set aside the ruling of Okon Abang, a judge of the federal high court Abuja, who declared Makarfi’s faction as “illegal”.

In a ruling on June 29, Abang ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) not to recognise any candidate from the Markafi faction.

But the panel held that Abang’s ruling was “displaced, and most troubling”.

“It is a gross abuse of section 36 (1) of the constitution, particularly the right to fair hearing,” Saulawa held.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-sheriffs-faction-illegal-appeal-court-rules
INEC has to postpone this election for two reasons. 1. Ibrahim's name has to be removed as the candidate of PDP & replaced with that of Jegede except they envisaged this scenario and had a plan B . 2. They will be unfair to Jegede because he didn't have enough time to campaign because INEC recognised a candidate whose primary they did not attend. I know folks will say that is PDP internal problem. Whatever. If INEC were independent as their name speaks, they ought to challenge Abbang's judgement for compelling them to recognise a candidate whose primary they did not attend. But alas, the willingly accepted the judgement.
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
power to which ppl? ppl wey hunger don finish, if u r a politician, i have 1 prayer 4u, as frm 2day, u go begin shiit frm ur mouth so u wil nt lie to ppl again. both pdp@apc wil experience massive death in 2017. amen,
Baba me sef follow de suffer the economic hardship Na. Why you come de swear for me?
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by ddippset(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
airsaylongcon:

This is an internal PDP something. How e take concern APC? Abi APC get faction inside PDP?
Just incase you missed it, 99 percent of your cohorts and those celebrating this judgement do not see it as a PDP internal matter. they see it as a victory of PDP over APC and Buhari. the same sheriff wike and fayose went to beg to become chairman. that's how fickle minded people are around here.
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by mayoor15(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
july66:
INECHas to postpone this election for two reasons. 1. Ibrahim's name has to be removed from the ballot paper. 2. They will be unfair to Jegede because didn't have enough time to campaign. I know folks will say that is PDP internal problem. Whatever.
hahaha bro...name dey ballot paper for una country...ballot paper only contains party logo not names
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by ddippset(m): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
wicked!
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by airsaylongcon: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
ddippset:
Just incase you missed it, 99 percent of your cohorts and those celebrating this judgement do not see it as a PDP internal matter. they see it as a victory of PDP over APC and Buhari. the same sheriff wike and fayose went to beg to become chairman. that's how fickle minded people are around here.

U sound confused. PDP has an internal crisis and they see a legal resolution as a victory over a 3rd party? Ur initial statement that APC wins and people see it as decree 44 suggests that sheriff loosing is APC loosing. Is Sheriff APC disguised as PDP?
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by chrisxxx(m): 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
Johnnyessence:
but in edo state the lose with huge margin. Write it down today they will still lose ondo state again. Up till tomorrow d whole world record rivers state election marred with vilence. Thugs and armed men shedding innocent blood. The blood of innocent victims will cry in river state.
I can tell u authoritatively that you know the person responsible for all the violence in Rivers State. I am sure you will not mention Wike.
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by Jnrbaino4real(m): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

It is time to join hands together and win Ondo for PDP, while we prepare for our convention.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by NairaMaster1(m): 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
Ok

Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by kinibigdeal(m): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sherrif belong to sambisa not PDP
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by chrisxxx(m): 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
mayoor15:
you wanted to say wike bribed his way to victory @ the supreme court, cos if I can recall well, he lost both at the tribunal and appeal court only for nguwta,odili and co to change the judgement in favour of the highest bidder.God help Nigeria
No be small. The same way he bribed to install your tin god in 2007.
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by mayoor15(m): 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
chrisxxx:

No be small. The same way he bribed to install your tin god in 2007.
who is that god? Cos the last time I checked I dont have any. I only have God, but fact is no need hiding the truth, as youths we need to learn to fight and stand against these thieves in human skin, both APC,PDP,AD etc.
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by autonomous22: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

U shall live long......
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by xnsandrxns: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
mayoor15:
uhmmm, so the battle is between mimiko and tinubu i.e jegede and oke, I believe oke will still have his underG loyalist both in both PDP and APC. PDP most especially, dat a great advantage
Whoever wins between Jegede and Oke is cool with me
As long as apc doesn't win and bring their badluck to Ondo state
But Mimiko will make a big difference
He understands how Ondo politics work
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
autonomous22:

U shall live long......
Amen and you too

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by chrisxxx(m): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2016
mayoor15:
who is that god? Cos the last time I checked I dont have any. I only have God, but fact is no need hiding the truth, as youths we need to learn to fight and stand against these thieves in human skin, both APC,PDP,AD etc.
You have prospect and insight.
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by mayoor15(m): 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
chrisxxx:

You have prospect and insight.
Uhmm. Its sad we kip fighting over ppl dt dont care abt us, they enjoyed the goodies when Nigeria was Nigeria, the stil kip running d country nw that d country don almost finish and are nt even ready 2 leave power. We youth are spare heading NDA as if when d govt yield 2d demands, youth wil b in charge of these oil producing states. Some call themselves IPOB as if when biafra is eventually granted, the youth rallying on d street wil b in power ruling biafra. The BH is der fighting against western education due 2 ignorance, poverty and selfishness, all these agitators are playing the script handed out by our selfish leaders to kip dividing us, stopping us frm seeing the need to kick against them. D problem isnt d man @d top, our councillors, chairmen, honorables, governors etc are nt accountable if nt why wil oil producing states who collect higher than others owe salaries and pensions. Workers and pensioners{our parents} are dying of hunger and manageable sickness why these ppl kip riding new cars. Nigeria is in recession and rep and senators are buying new cars. By january latest d country wil leave recession and enta in2 DEPRESSION wit d latest indices and we are here defending ppl dt dont care. God help NIGERIA
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by july66: 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
mayoor15:
hahaha bro...name dey ballot paper for una country...ballot paper only contains party logo not names
Thanks for the correction but when next you correct people, do so with courtesy. You don't have to use fowl language.
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by mayoor15(m): 11:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
july66:
Thanks for the correction but when next you correct people, do so with courtesy. You don't have to use fowl language.
REALLY......Guess you dont knw d difference btw sarcasm and foul language.......
Re: Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules by stalyf(m): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2016
nellyelitz:
Now he will go and rest and stop causing confusion here and there
Lets hope so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode / 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG / Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.