Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Move To Australia Or Canada - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Move To Australia Or Canada (36159 Views)

Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? / Study "N" Work In Australia OR 90k Monthly Job In Lagos / Is Visiting Visa To Australia Advisable For An Intending Hustler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 28, 2016
johnsontade:

What if i tell you i haven't physically seen a Kangaroo since i got here smiley. They can easily be seen in the regional/semi-rural areas or the outbacks.

I only physically saw Kangaroo twice in regional WA when I went there to do some Locum work. In my weeks there, I only saw them twice and that was when I was driving from one regional area to another at night.
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 3:16am On Nov 28, 2016
WellEndowed:

The pay is good-I KID YOU PEOPLE NOT. I did student casual work on my holidays back then and I was raking $26 per hour shocked As a naija pikin I fainted when I saw my first pay slip. I remember telling my bros to go the HR person at work and tell them that they paid me someone else's pay cheesy . At the time I was thinking how a student who did only a few shifts will be raking a little over $2000/fortnight? Oh Lawd Hammercy shocked
grin grin

maternal:
It's just friendly lil competition. Nothing personal. After all I have no plans to get up and leave for AU, neither do people living down under to come up here. I'm actually learning a lot about AU in this thread. Just a question. Please don't laugh, but how common is it to see a Kangaroo. Do you have to go to a zoo, or you can find them roaming around freely in suburban areas.
Haha....I guess it's similar to spotting moose in Canada grin

2 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by johnsontade: 3:41am On Nov 28, 2016
WellEndowed:

I only physically saw Kangaroo twice in regional WA when I went there to do some Locum work. In my weeks there, I only saw them twice and that was when I was driving from one regional area to another at night.

@wellendowed. What part of healthcare are you working in? Sent you a PM
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by VickyRotex(f): 4:21am On Nov 28, 2016
WellEndowed:

It's beautiful, you will like it. After high school my parents gave us three countries to choose from for uni studies. For me it was Canada, Australia, USA. USA wasn't even an option for me because as young as I was then, I knew it was only a matter of time before the country lost its "value". It came down to OZ or Canada. I chose Canada but my bros(in Australia) talked me out of it. He told me the land in Australia was too fertile and the earlier people got here and reaped from it the better for them. Australia is quite a distance from Africa so Nigerians only chose the US or UK but now their eyes "haff" open cheesy E remain small make I close border(just joking). cheesy
I did my undergraduate studies in Australia and stayed back afterwards and I LOVE THE COUNTRY. As per right hand drive, it never affected me and I was driving in Nigeria(left hand).
The pay is good-I KID YOU PEOPLE NOT. I did student casual work on my holidays back then and I was raking $26 per hour shocked As a naija pikin I fainted when I saw my first pay slip. I remember telling my bros to go the HR person at work and tell them that they paid me someone else's pay cheesy . At the time I was thinking how a student who did only a few shifts will be raking a little over $2000/fortnight? Oh Lawd Hammercy shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahahaha! This got me Rotfl!

I never had US in mind too, dont know the reason.

I always had UK and CA in mind. UK was always my most preferred, ask me why? I dont even know. Well maybe because they had the exact course I wanted for my Masters. And then when I realized the place was flooded, I began to have a rethink. After getting several admissions there, I just changed my mind for Canada like play like play.

I will love to visit Australia, probably sometimes next year. It`s just the temperature I`m worried about. I learnt it can be really hot. And me I like winter grin grin but I`m sure I can survive. Omo Naija ni mi! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by VickyRotex(f): 4:33am On Nov 28, 2016
shinarambo1:

grin grin

Haha....I guess it's similar to spotting moose in Canada grin

lmao!!! cheesy cheesy

That`s scary! Where was this spotted in CA? cheesy

These are the only ones we see on the streets here.

They call them ``Government Children`` It is illegal to kill or feed them. grin

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 28, 2016
VickyRotex:

lmao!!! cheesy cheesy

That`s scary! Where was this spotted in CA? cheesy

These are the only ones we see on the streets here.

They call them ``Government Children`` It is illegal to kill or feed them. grin
I have found them almost everywhere in the prairie..from manitoba to alberta. There are places named after them too. These ones were spotted in saskatchewan. I once spotted a bison too.
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by VickyRotex(f): 6:00am On Nov 28, 2016
shinarambo1:

I have found them almost everywhere in the prairie..from manitoba to alberta. There are places named after them too. These ones were spotted in saskatchewan. I once spotted a bison too.

Wow! I guess a place like Red Deer was named after them. grin

Really! A Bison? Oh wow!

Now that's even more scary! embarassed
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 28, 2016
VickyRotex:

Wow! I guess a place like Red Deer was named after them. grin

Really! A Bsion? Oh wow!

Now that's even more scary! embarassed
Yes..like Moose Jaw, saskatchewan.
I havent seen that squirrel in sask, but they are quite common in alberta.
I do a lot of travelling so i occasional spot wild animals.I have seen snakes on an oil field in estevan, saskatchewan. I was told by the locals that some of the snakes are poisonous...i am yet to see a grizly bear or polar bear though. e.t.c

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by ylinkz2020: 8:57am On Nov 28, 2016
Chai!! I don die! So you guys are so fed up with my case that you have changed my serious matta to Zoo gist abi? We see, bison, who see kangaroo. Who e epp? Deris God o!

Y'all better get back to serious matta before I swear that you start seeing these animals not only in the streets but also in the dream.

4 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by ylinkz2020: 9:03am On Nov 28, 2016
On a serious note, you guys have been awesome. Thanks a lot.

I'm getting real experiences not just wikipedia statistics. Really grateful for that and taking time out to post your opinions and links.

Lets keep it coming.

But not to be left out sha, on my way to work, me too, i saw this one:
Its called Capra aegagrus hircus, though some people call it Goat.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 28, 2016
Go to Australia

1 Like

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by VickyRotex(f): 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
shinarambo1:

Yes..like Moose Jaw, saskatchewan.
I havent seen that squirrel in sask, but they are quite common in alberta.
I do a lot of travelling so i occasional spot wild animals.I have seen snakes on an oil field in estevan, saskatchewan. I was told by the locals that some of the snakes are poisonous...i am yet to see a grizly bear or polar bear though. e.t.c

lol. Afi MooseJaw na grin

You have indeed seen alot!

I hope to see a Polar Bear next Fall. They are so cute. There's a place up north Québec where one can see them every Fall. They call it Twin Islands Wildlife Sanctuary.
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by VickyRotex(f): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
ylinkz2020:
Chai!! I don die! So you guys are so fed up with my case that you have changed my serious matta to Zoo gist abi? We see, bison, who see kangaroo. Who e epp? Deris God o!

Y'all better get back to serious matta before I swear that you start seeing these animals not only in the streets but also in the dream.

ylinkz2020:
On a serious note, you guys have been awesome. Thanks a lot.

I'm getting real experiences not just wikipedia statistics. Really grateful for that and taking time out to post your opinions and links.

Lets keep it coming.

But not to be left out sha, on my way to work, me too, i saw this one:
Its called Capra aegagrus hircus, though some people call it Goat.

grin grin grin

Op, what else do you want? undecided

After all these our "Epistles" you will still select one after all noni. Or you will still apply for both, and probably decide to sample both.

But either ways, like someone said, You can't go wrong with any of them. You just have to know what you're looking out for.

Na this kind blessing we dey pray for. That kind positive confusing blessing. In WellEndowed's voice "Lawd Hammercy" cheesy

So allow us talk about Polar Bears jere. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by RedCapChief(m): 7:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
maternal:

A few years ago the average yearly salary for a oil-sand worker here was 130k USD per year. That's around 173k Canadian per year. I use to clear 140k easily when I use to take OT. Now with a pikin and family obligations it's around 105-110k per year. The older you get, the less you care for OT. I have a degree which has nothing to do with my work and I have no trade. Even within the city, ordinary transit drivers can make 100-130k per year. The city of Calgary is looking for a receptionist at 37 dollars an hour. That's like 76k per year without OT. These jobs only require a high school education where you can train a retarded monkey to do it. But I've met Nigerians in the oil industry with an education. That's having a red seal trade, engineering degree, or some sort of 1 year diploma. They don't make less than 150k to 300k. I've met so many Africans who came here as a skilled worker, got their PR, rushed to the oilfields, and 4 years later have bought a house and are living good. Establishing yourself and owning a house in a new country within 4 years is impressive.

Please I'm curious. How does a PR holder get into the oil sand industry? I know it's probably work that involves a lot of muscle. Is it as easy as getting the factory jobs that new immigrants often start with?
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by maternal: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
RedCapChief:

Please I'm curious. How does a PR holder get into the oil sand industry? I know it's probably work that involves a lot of muscle. Is it as easy as getting the factory jobs that new immigrants often start with?

@Shina, I died laughing. I've actually see Moses on a regular basis up north here.

My Aussie people, are you allowed to approach the Kangeroo ? I'm sure they'll attack.

@Red, a PR holder can get any job a citizen can with the exception of some gov't jobs, and some political office. You'll have to get a valid Canadian drivers license, and some oil-sands safety tickets. Then you can apply for almost any jobs, except for the ones which require a red seal trade of course. There are a lot of Africans in Alberta and who work up north in the oilfields, so your chances would be better if you network. I'd keep a small circle of African friends, because the majority are shady and will stab you in the back, especially Nigerians. Anyways here's a web site that usually posts the most recent job ads with the salary at times. It'll give you an idea the type of jobs available and what sort of license you need.

http://www.fortmcmurrayonline.com/jobs/welcome.aspx

6 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
-
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
VickyRotex:

In WellEndowed's voice "Lawd Hammercy" cheesy

The Good Lawd will Hammercy on the OP alright cheesy Me I have asked for him to Hammercy. This positive confusion is too much for one person.

@OP

I share in ya confusion cry

2 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 29, 2016
maternal:

My Aussie people, are you allowed to approach the Kangeroo ? I'm sure they'll attack.

Approach ke? just wave(Queen Eliza style) at them from inside your car.

They tend to run away though

2 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by maternal: 2:10am On Nov 29, 2016
WellEndowed:

Approach ke? just wave(Queen Eliza style) at them from inside your car.

They tend to run away though

I officially have no reason to go there now. How big is the naija community there ? I'm sure it's big and growing.
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by bellong: 3:17am On Nov 29, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 29, 2016
-
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by bellong: 3:36am On Nov 29, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 29, 2016
-
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 29, 2016
-
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by 40manlappy: 6:20am On Nov 29, 2016
WellEndowed:

The Good Lawd will Hammercy on the OP alright cheesy Me I have asked for him to Hammercy. This positive confusion is too much for one person.

@OP

Share in confusion indeed! cheesy grin

The OP may end up getting further confused. Confusion.com
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Bakrabas: 8:55am On Nov 29, 2016
As a graduate student of International relations and professional Certificate in Strategic management... Can these qualify me for Federal skilled worker in Canada

shinarambo1:
I have never been to Aus, but the 2 naijas i have met in Canada that relocated from Aus to Canada with their family (as they couldnt get Aus PR) both say Aussie is far better than Canada (pay, efficiency, social benefit, infrastructure). They also said they would return in a heartbeat if they get Aus PR. That's is their opinion though. One even said they give 5k dollars to parents of new born babies. This i still find hard to believe sha.

Left to me..the cold is enough to swing me to australia.....when the cold starts in Nov(double digit below zero, and its gonna be here till april (6month). Except you can live in expensive vancouver which has UK type of weather. Lol
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by VickyRotex(f): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
WellEndowed:

@OP

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Amen my Sister!

I hope Op doesnt come back to tell us, due to the confusion, he has decided to go for "North Korea" instead. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
VickyRotex:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Amen my Sister!
I hope Op doesnt come back to tell us, due to the confusion, he has decided to go for "North Korea" instead. grin

buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha @North Korea grin grin grin cheesy

I can't even grin grin grin

May the King Kong Un force be with the OP sad

Vicky tell me more about Canada....don't worry I like the cold just like you and I miss winter in Europe because of that cry

2 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by johnsontade: 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
@OP There is something very important that you didn't clarify which is your PR pathways for both countries. Did you get either of the two countries (Canada & Australia) ITA via state nomination?

If Yes, this would be a different ball game entirely as you need to narrow down your comparison based on whatever state nominated you. For example, you can't get Canada PR nomination via Nova scotia and then make your decision based on that cos each province has its own different economy which would greatly affect the time it would take for your settlement and stabiity.

I know its possible to leave the province that nominated you after arrival. Many people have done it and gotten away with it but it now needs to be done carefully as its has been greatly abused over the years and the Canadian government is beginning to crack down heavily on people abusing it. There has recently been increasing report of new immigrants being turned back upon arrival in Canadian airports(especially in Toronto) because they didn't have connecting flight tickets to their nominated province nor any temporary accomodation arrangement there which clearly shows they had no intentions whatsoever to settle down there and the truth is that most of them never would have gotten PR if those states didn't nominate them.

The Canadian government has said people don't have any excuse not trying to settle in their nominated province because its part of the reason why they ask applicants to show proof of funds to cover their living expenses for at least 1 year just in case you don't get a job after arrival. Therefore, the best way to avoid stories that touch is to try at least to settle down in your nominated province for between 6-8 months before leaving just to have enough evidence to show when you're being questioned few years after when you apply for citizenship that you tried settling but couldn't bear it any longer as you probably couldn't find a job and your 1yr proof of funds was burning out fast hence the reason why you had to leave for another province. This can be backed up with evidences like your rental agreement, bill receipt and job application reject mails.

4 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by 40manlappy: 3:25am On Nov 30, 2016
@johnsontade

Thanks for the insight.
Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by VickyRotex(f): 6:17am On Nov 30, 2016
WellEndowed:

buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha @North Korea grin grin grin cheesy

I can't even grin grin grin

May the King Kong Un force be with the OP sad

Vicky tell me more about Canada....don't worry I like the cold just like you and I miss winter in Europe because of that cry

Hahahahahaha cheesy grin grin

Hehehehehe. lol. Canada is cool. Loving it here so far. It can only get better by God's Grace.

lol winter in Europe is nothing compared to winter in Canada grin grin It can get really cold here trust me.

Except Maybe in a place like Vancouver. And even at that it's still cold there.

The good thing is that, the only place it gets cold is mostly outside. And most of the time you may not have any reason to stay outside for long. Most places have good heating systems that you'd be sweating inside some Banks/Grocery stores.

At times when the weather is around -5 to -11. (Real feel could be more) I still use my Fall Jacket. Cos some of those winter jackets can be a bit weighty and you may end up holding it for a long time if you're in bank or a grocery store for example.

But not to scare you, you'll survive. smiley I believe most Nigerians will prefer Winter to Summer.

But a place like Yukon is a different game o. I've heard stories about that Territory. It's extremely cold. They dont experience Summer like we do. And I learnt government even pays people to go there. grin (Living there is expensive, as plane is the most used transport system for food stuffs and all)

During the winter, we walk like Penguins so we don't slip on ice. grin grin There's no forming here about falling on the ice. Cos lots of people fall. Infact they advice one not to fight it, once you realize you're about to fall, just fall jejely. grin The hurt will be lighter compared to dragging it.

Seeing people fall is Funny, but it sure hurts. I hope I don't get to fall one day. cry

There are nice people here. Met so many of them. Including Nigerians. You'll like it here. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Canada by 40manlappy: 6:32am On Nov 30, 2016
@VickyRotex

You are making me to fall in love with Canada already cheesy

http://www.businessinsider.com/canada-maps-geography-energy-2016-7

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dubai Luxury Shops Missing Nigerians / Two Passenger Trains Derail In Eastern India. 280 Dead, 900 Injured / Some Interesting Borders Around The World! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.