Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area (42518 Views)

Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Download Parenting And Teens Seminar On Sex With Praise Fowowe, Lanre Olusola!!! / Teens And The Things They Do That Worry Their Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2016
It seems males and females are raised differently within most households

The boys act unruly and disrespectful most times, they are also sexually exposed far too early whereas the girls appear respectful and polite.

Some parents don't bother about training their male kids anymore but allow them the freedom to do whatever they like while the girls are trained and made to do multiple domestic chores

Don't complain about your husbands if you are not ready to train your sons because they will be someone else's spouse one day.

213 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Davash222(m): 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
And where exactly is dis Area

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by AnodaIT(m): 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
I can take you out of that slum into my two bedroom apartment with a ZeeWorld subscribed home theater and standby power supply. Just pm me

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:
And where exactly is dis Area

A Satellite community, I must add mostly Easterners live here. I'm not bashing any tribe, I am one myself but I can help but think something is wrong with their upbringing

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
AnodaIT:
I can take you out of that slum into my two bedroom apartment with a ZeeWorld subscribed home theater and standby power supply. Just pm me

This is an example of what I was talking about, there is something wrong with the way these pre-teen/teen males are raised

450 Likes 20 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by thorpido(m): 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
Sadly Op,that's the situation in many homes.The boys are out playing football or generally hanging out while the girls stay indoors learning to cook or manage a house.

When it's time to marry,it's these untrained boys that will be available.

Op,you stay in Festac?

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
thorpido:
Sadly Op,that's the situation in many homes.The boys are out playing football or generally hanging out while the girls stay indoors learning to cook or manage a house.

When it's time to marry,it's these untrained boys that will be available.

Op,you stay in Festac?

Ahhh you got it right, yes

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Davash222(m): 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

A Satellite community, I must add mostly Easterners live here. I'm not bashing any tribe, I am one myself but I can help but think something is wrong with their upbringing
Easterners Asin Chinese Or North Korean

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:

Easterners Asin Chinese Or North Korean

How old are you?

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by thorpido(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

Ahhh you got it right, yes I stay there
Ah,that festac is a peculiar place.
The average young boy in that environment grows up as a bad boy.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Heavance(m): 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
Ever noticed that most of them can hardly comment on social media without insult?
They insult people they hardly know or have an idea how old they could be, which is so wrong.

138 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
thorpido:
Ah,that festac is a peculiar place.
The average young boy in that environment grows up as a bad boy.

It's terrible, almost all the boys here are in gangs, I keep wondering why their parents give them such freedom whereas their sisters are almost imprisoned.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Davash222(m): 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

How old are you?
Something is wrong with you.. When we say Lagos is no man's land, you guys debunked, now you have the effrontery to say 'mostly Easterners live here'. Because you want to label them bad and you still have to say you are not bashing any tribe.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Heavance:
Ever noticed that most of them can hardly comment on social media without insult?
They insult people they hardly know or have an idea how old they could be, which is so wrong.

Honestly, you should see them in real life, they have no regard for people. They don't mind pushing you off the road as they walk in groups with their gangs. The likelihood of them greeting you is nil

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:

Something is wrong with you.. When we say Lagos is no man's land, you guys debunked, now you have the effrontery to say 'mostly Easterners live here'. Because you want to label them bad and you still have to say you are not bashing any tribe.

I'm not bashing, it's what I see I am saying, mostly Easterners live here and the boys are not well behaved I am not bashing, I'm only saying it as it is. The girls are very sweet and polite but the boys mba

26 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Heavance(m): 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

Honestly, you should see them in real life, they have no regard for people. They don't mind pushing you off the road as they strut with their gangs, the likelihood of them greeting you is almost impossible

What really went wrong? because I know how we were brought up to at least respect those who are ahead of us.
I don't need anyone calling me Brother this or that, at least, I just need these teenagers to learn what respect is.

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:

So you don't see all those Afonja Omo Ale and Agberos

They don't live in my area.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Davash222(m): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

They don't live in my area.
Go joor
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by thorpido(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:

So you don't see all those Afonja Omo Ale and Agberos
This is not a tribal issue and Op does not intend to make it one.
Young boys(and girls) are not growing up right and there's a need to do something about it.It's for the future of all of us.

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
Heavance:

What really went wrong? because I know how we were brought up to at least respect those who are ahead of us.
I don't need anyone calling me Brother this or that, at least, I just need these teenagers to learn what respect is.

Exactly, it's pathetic. The other day one was insulting a man in his late twenties, the guy had to quote his age for him after the teen called him a small boy. This guy is still in his teens, tall and lanky boy , the man was almost in tears because the teen belittled him but for the sake of the boy's mother who begged him, he eventually pardoned him

15 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Davash222(m): 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
thorpido:
This is not a tribal issue and Op does not intend to make it one.
Young boys(and girls) are not growing up right and there's a need to do something about it.It's for the future of all of us.
But the OP was specific about a particular tribe.

11 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by teemy(m): 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:
But the OP was specific about a particular tribe.
the op herself is from that tribe and just stating the obvious. try not to see insult where there is none. just apologise to her and let's bone it. cheers

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by misspicy(f): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
Apart from the disrespect part, hasn't it always been like this?

Most boys were allowed total unrestricted freedom from even house chores for the single reason that they are male kids.
Most were given the choice meat,largest food portion,cleaned after by their sisters etc.
Why do you think we have some really dirty husbands now? Overgrown babies who can't even wash their own boxers?
Even in my house,my niece wash her brothers cloths on the instruction of her mummy,beaten if she shouts back at them or fight them,not because she is younger but because she is female,and will go to husband house grin
a lot more,lemme hold it here.

Maybe the elite parents of this generation will help correct this trend for our future daughters

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

Most boys were allowed total unrestricted freedom from even house chores for the single reason that they are male kids.
Most were given the choice meat,largest food portion,cleaned after by their sisters etc.
Why do you think we have some really dirty husbands now? Overgrown babies who can't even wash their own boxers?
Even in my house,my niece wash her brothers cloths on the instruction of her mummy,beaten if she shouts back at them or fight them,not because she is younger but because she is female,and will go to husband house grin
a lot more,lemme hold it here.

Maybe the elite parents of this generation will help correct this trend for our future daughters
Not in the house I grew up

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by misspicy(f): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
Babzilla:

Not on the house I grew up
Lucky you grin

I'm talking majority here,if we are to take a poll from truthful men,my comment hold true.
Heck,even me experienced it with my kid brother.

18 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

Lucky you grin

I'm talking majority here,if we are to take a poll from truthful men,my comment hold true.

O boy .In my house eh if you joke they will give the housemaid and the houseboy the day off you will scrub, clean, sweep, and wash on their behalf grin

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Fourwinds: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

Lucky you grin

nonsense boys...dats y their fail Mathematics looking for teen pvssies...

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by misspicy(f): 6:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
Babzilla:

O boy .In my house eh if you joke they will give the housemaid and the houseboy the day off you will scrub, clean, sweep, and wash on their behalf grin
Lolz..... grin

The no nonsense household

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by ElsonMorali: 7:09pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hmmmm... Op just be prepared as com enters flood this thread and call you Afonja.

I'm sure it's what you've noticed that you're revealing here.

Unfortunately, these boys will grow to adulthood and become criminals and then we wonder why the society is degrading so fast.

I always tell people, if you aren't ready to train a child, don't bring him into this world, because other people will have to bear the brunt of his lack of home training.

So sad. Wake up call to all young parents here.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
When parents refuse to train their children the right way, people will bear the brunt but at the end the parents will bear the full brunt of it.
Such children, most times do. Not end well.. Except thru Sheer luck.
The rest are either cursed by people they have offended and live empty lives.

At the end they bear the brunt.

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

a lot more,lemme hold it here

She's being abused, please speak out if you can sad

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady In Bauchi Gives Birth To Quadruplets On Her First Delivery. PICS / I Own You & Can "Do" 10times A Day-Man Tells Wife After She Refused "To Do" (Vid / My Wife Is Starving Me Of Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.