Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,679 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area (42519 Views)

Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Download Parenting And Teens Seminar On Sex With Praise Fowowe, Lanre Olusola!!! / Teens And The Things They Do That Worry Their Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Goyim: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
Reeberry:
Asslicker, if can get the content of my post. Just shut the fuçk up.
lol'd @ your signature i understand your frustration.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Reeberry: 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2016
Goyim:

lol'd @ your signature i understand your frustration.
It is affecting you. It is for people like you.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Goyim: 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2016
Reeberry:
It is affecting you. It is for people like you.

if it was i would be acting like a mad rabies infected dog right now. But sadly you are the only one acting that way.
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2016
SurestG:
eiiiiii so you dey around?
ehn na. so you around too?...hope ehm you ain't doing bad? whose tha fine girl on ya dp.
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by menxer: 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
Now that we are talking about this, I have been disturbed by the level of campaign in favor of the rights, education, training of the "female child" and wonder what happens to the "male child"?

Are our mothers aware that the male child, the potential husband to their lovely daughter is not getting any "home training" or is moving with the wrong trends?
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by SurestG(f): 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
fruqsy:

ehn na. so you around too?...hope ehm you ain't doing bad? whose tha fine girl on ya dp.
I'm around o, I ain't doing bad grin thatz my last born o cheesy
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
SurestG:
I'm around o, I ain't doing bad grin thatz my last born o cheesy
help say hi.
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by SurestG(f): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
fruqsy:
help say hi.
cheesy na me dey inside the picture joor tongue
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
purple3091:
comparing an everyday(cooking and cleaning) to one done once in a while(washing cars) doesnt make sense.how about you give me an example of a 'manly' job you had to do everyday?
Sweep the whole house. What's ur point
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by purple3091: 8:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
mrletsgo:
Sweep the whole house. What's ur point
my point is cooking and cleaning(which happens everyday) =/= washing car(maybe once a week).....so you cant compare the two.so your exampls of a 'manly' job done everyday is sweeping?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
SurestG:
cheesy na me dey inside the picture joor tongue
lols don't mind me I know it's you...you don't want us to be hitting on ya...I understand.
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by stevedre: 12:35am On Nov 27, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
OP you are a bloody liar. in festac the worse are the girls. nice job at deceiving those that don't live close by but not we that live around.

how dare you lie and make the girls seem like saints.

please those outside Lagos she's lying oh. festac guys and girls are spoilt. I have lived in mile2 area for 26 years I can tell you festal girls are spoilt don't listen to this lying OP.

she stupid.

No need to insult the op though i agree with you...i was born n breed in festac before i trvelled out of naija and i must say, festac girls are more spoilt than the guys now, i visit naija twice a year and i spend most of my time in festac so i know what i am saying. the girls are now semi prostitutes cuz of small cash to buy trending stuffs, i mean secondary school girls leaving home with extra clothes hidden in their bags cuz the will sneak to their boyfriends house during school hours. Dont think i want to raise kids in such an environment where smoking of skunk, weed n heroin is a norm (both girls n guys). Festac was cool when we were young but now, its get rich or die trying as youth.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by stevedre: 12:40am On Nov 27, 2016
Pidgin2:
It seems males and females are raised differently within most households

The boys act unruly and disrespectful most times, they are also sexually exposed far too early whereas the girls appear respectful and polite.

Some parents don't bother about training their male kids anymore but allow them the freedom to do whatever they like while the girls are trained and made to do multiple domestic chores

Don't complain about your husbands if you are not ready to train your sons because they will be someone else's spouse one day.

Youre right to an extent but the girls are also getting bolder with each passing day. i was born n breed in festac before i travelled out of naija and i must say, festac girls are more spoilt than the guys now, i visit naija twice a year and i spend most of my time in festac so i know what i am saying. the girls are now semi prostitutes cuz of small cash to buy trending stuffs, i mean secondary school girls leaving home with extra clothes hidden in their bags cuz the will sneak to their boyfriends house during school hours. Dont think i want to raise kids in such an environment where smoking of skunk, weed n heroin is a norm (both girls n guys). Festac was cool when we were young but now, its get rich or die trying as youth.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by stevedre: 1:38am On Nov 27, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

Lol festac .... Mxcheeeew.... Dah area mxcheeew

Festac Worst.... "Inyama" that place ehn ...a Close friend of mine did complain about the place until her parents moved to ejigbo .....

Well ..... Even oshodi aint pure tho.... The teens here are sometimes unpredictable......

Where's seun ... Nairaland needs a new set of Emoticons .. Smh... Haba no smiley for laughing like werey...... Nawa o...

So Ejigbo is now better than festac ?? cool down na, are you sure youre in Lagos ??... shocked cheesy grin
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 27, 2016
purple3091:
my point is cooking and cleaning(which happens everyday) =/= washing car(maybe once a week).....so you cant compare the two.so your exampls of a 'manly' job done everyday is sweeping?
So my chores are easier because I dnt do them daily. U see that is the problem. There's stereotyping in ur last sentence. Y cnt we just all do our chores and forget whether its a 'manly' job or not. So ur resolution is that boys and girls should be given the same treatment?
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by 5minsmadness: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2016
Heavance:

What really went wrong? because I know how we were brought up to at least respect those who are ahead of us.
I don't need anyone calling me Brother this or that, at least, I just need these teenagers to learn what respect is.

Modern training is what went wrong. Parents no longer instill discipline in thier children, children no longer fear thier parents, why should they? Their parents no longer beat them. The parents keep the daughters in house to protect them and prevent them from being molested by the boys.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by purple3091: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2016
mrletsgo:
So my chores are easier because I dnt do them daily. U see that is the problem. There's stereotyping in ur last sentence. Y cnt we just all do our chores and forget whether its a 'manly' job or not. So ur resolution is that boys and girls should be given the same treatment?
dude u didnt answer my question abt what u wrote abt sweeping the whole house,and how can my last sentence(a question) be stereotyping?....umm read properly.and lastly did you just try to imply that washing the car once a week,is not easier than cooking+cleaning everyday,with ur 1st sentence?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:08am On Nov 27, 2016
Davash222:

But the OP was specific about a particular tribe.
get education, u no gree
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by nuelyoyo(m): 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
thorpido:
Ah,that festac is a peculiar place.
The average young boy in that environment grows up as a bad boy.
now FT is where I grew up as a child. And am not a bad boy. I love the orientation Festac Town gave to me, it's priceless. Anybody can grow into a bad person sha.
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by thorpido(m): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
nuelyoyo:
now FT is where I grew up as a child. And am not a bad boy. I love the orientation Festac Town gave to me, it's priceless. Anybody can grow into a bad person sha.
Well not everyone will become a bad boy but if you hang out on the streets a lot and you are easily influenced,that environment will corrupt you.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by bukatyne(f): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
Sanchez01:

Not in the home I grew up in. It was the other way around for me. I could remember being tutored on when to season and when not to season foods. I prepared my first sea food soup at 14, and started cooking for the house at that age. At 16, I had already mastered the art of making eba without a single lump. I was 'burdened' far too early to take responsibilities for my life, not because I was loathed but because I am the only son.

Today, there's hardly a meal, snack or delicacy that I can't prepare, save for the fact that that I hate the food in question.

Elitist parents are worse. I had so many friends who fell into that class as a teenager and I must say that most of them were badly trained. The middle, strict, class family is the only hope to a stronger generation. The lower class and the higher class are not in any way encouraging when it comes to raising kids.

100% true.....

Poor people are too busy making ends meet; rich people think anything goes...
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by bukatyne(f): 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
Acidosis:
The Nigerian society has been messed up completely.

I gave up on the youths (teens actually) during the Linda Ikeji - Wizkid feud. I could not believe my eyes seeing the manner at which small small boys condemn and describe a woman's genital.

You know when we tell these people to go to Church, they counter you with Atheism. Truth remains that ONLY the Church can deliver the Nigerian society from this mess. I'm not saying there are no bad Church goers, but frankly, the number of stup!d non-Church goers far outweighs the bad eggs in the Church. Go to Sunday School, you won't go, go to Bible Study, you won't go, go for Evangelism, you won't go... Then how do you intend to escape the rascality of the streets?

To the good but ignorant mothers out there: listen! When you train your girls to be good wives, and you leave your boys to take over the streets, God will not forgive you when you pray for a God fearing husband for your daughter and a God fearing wife for your bad son.

The best you can get is a very bad boy to deal with your good daughter since its obvious that your bad mannerless son will beat and maltreat an innocent woman. That's the way it works for most families.

Your son, a Christian, cannot even recite John 3:16 but as small as he is, he already knows all the lyrics from Wizkid, Olamide and Drake.

Others are saying "For God so love the world", yours is saying " Bad Baddo Baddest" at age 7 and you even upload his photos, dressed up in agbada while dabbing for Baddo. How on earth will such a son escape a baby mama? How do you tell that child tomorrow that weed or Indian Hemp is bad when all he watches at home, from his unsupervised street boys, and colleagues in school contain hemp, weed, and alcohol?

@OP, what we see today is the result of what some mothers planted few years ago. Have today's mothers stopped planting evil?

Parenting is hard, but it could be simple. Parenting will always be hard for a man who drinks alcohol, comes home very late and wants to raise a decent God fearing son. You can't give what you don't have.

You know, I never understand how people do not train boys and forget that their princesses will marry an untrained boy/man.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by AfonjaConehead: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
Pidgin2:

...I must add mostly Easterners live here. I'm not bashing any tribe,
"I am one myself"
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 07, 2017
AfonjaConehead:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin

grin One Nigeria!
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by AfonjaConehead: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

grin One Nigeria!
Ipob must hear this! angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady In Bauchi Gives Birth To Quadruplets On Her First Delivery. PICS / I Own You & Can "Do" 10times A Day-Man Tells Wife After She Refused "To Do" (Vid / My Wife Is Starving Me Of Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.