Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area (42514 Views)

Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Download Parenting And Teens Seminar On Sex With Praise Fowowe, Lanre Olusola!!! / Teens And The Things They Do That Worry Their Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Chipappii(m): 9:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hehehehe. Who are the spoilt boys straffing, themselves abi the well trained girls.

N:b good girls are bad Girls dat hv not been caught!

Diary of a broke playboy
https://www.nairaland.com/3475839/diary-broke-playboy#3475839.24

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by legibow: 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
Then train them oooo.... Na them no collect training

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by gidjah(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
thorpido:
Ah,that festac is a peculiar place.
The average young boy in that environment grows up as a bad boy.
ypu are pretty correct brother,re called the lifestyle ..way back from hooliganism tp drug things to fraudulent practices..thats the dig over there then.But who knows...may be those kind of families still live there till Date.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Taiwo20(m): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
You never see anything.....its getting worse on a daily basis... what i never attempted even in my undergrad days thats what these kids are doing now, most of them in Junior secondary.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by kaboninc(m): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
So who's responsible?
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by CHIMSKY(m): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
AnodaIT:
I can take you out of that slum into my two bedroom apartment with a ZeeWorld subscribed home theater and standby power supply. Just pm me
Poor people...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2016
@OP try Ikorodu. Na there you go fear fear lol

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by kaboninc(m): 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
OP you are a bloody liar. in festac the worse are the girls. nice job at deceiving those that don't live close by but not we that live around.

how dare you lie and make the girls seem like saints.

please those outside Lagos she's lying oh. festac guys and girls are spoilt. I have lived in mile2 area for 26 years I can tell you festal girls are spoilt don't listen to this lying OP.

she stupid.

Abeg let's just pass our opinion without insults na

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by KingGeorgey(m): 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

This is an example of what I was talking about, there is something wrong with the way these pre-teen/teen males are raised
JESU KRISTI... All this boys sef. U people cannot even control yourself for a moment and prove OP wrong.. Now she is stroking u like this. Na wa

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Awon Igbos ni won ba wi sha.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:
It seems males and females are raised differently within most households

The boys act unruly and disrespectful most times, they are also sexually exposed far too early whereas the girls appear respectful and polite.

Some parents don't bother about training their male kids anymore but allow them the freedom to do whatever they like while the girls are trained and made to do multiple domestic chores

Don't complain about your husbands if you are not ready to train your sons because they will be someone else's spouse one day.
it seems males and females are raised differently within most households

the girls are always after money and lack basic home training most times,most of them get impregnate before 18,whereas the boys are trained to learn one trade or the other to support their families and to save for future use...

Some parents don't bother about training their female kids anymore but allow them the freedom to do whatever they like while the males are trained and made to learn different trade,working day and night....

Don't complain about your wives if you are not ready to train your daughters because they will be someone else's spouse one day.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
OP you are a bloody liar. in festac the worse are the girls. nice job at deceiving those that don't live close by but not we that live around.

please those outside Lagos she's lying oh. festac guys and girls are spoilt. I have lived in mile2 area for 26 years I can tell you festal girls are spoilt don't listen to this lying OP.

she stupid.

See how you are showing yourself, you lived there for 26 Years? That's why you ended up this way.

25 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
nnokwa042:
people like u need one bullet u see some tennage boys misbehaving instead of u to caution then u ran to nairaland to insult ur family thinking ur insulting igbos did u hear that cult guys re killing each others in satelite town what u re going to call mushin bariga ebutte metta lagos island boys? they re good right`? may amadioha block ur hearing

See them, this is how they behave in real life, you need to visit Festac to experience it first hand

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by applebee: 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:
Apart from the disrespect part, hasn't it always been like this?

Most boys were allowed total unrestricted freedom from even house chores for the single reason that they are male kids.
Most were given the choice meat,largest food portion,cleaned after by their sisters etc.
Why do you think we have some really dirty husbands now? Overgrown babies who can't even wash their own boxers?
Even in my house,my niece wash her brothers cloths on the instruction of her mummy,beaten if she shouts back at them or fight them,not because she is younger but because she is female,and will go to husband house grin
a lot more,lemme hold it here.

Maybe the elite parents of this generation will help correct this trend for our future daughters

Shh

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
It's not a new thing really. I will blame the parents.

Nigerians parents are not so good. infact, if a male or female child from an average family in Nigeria turns out to be a responsible adult, it's a huge testimony.

people say I exaggerate when I say Nigerians have the worst parenting style, but it's true.

For a Nigerian parent, the kids go to school if they can afford it, the female child does the chores and cooks and the male child roams about or do whatever he likes. (that's why most Nigerian men are dirty and untidy except the ones that attended boarding school or simply wised-up,)when you complain, they will say he's a man o.

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by lucabrazzi: 9:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
youths these days are into saging, gangs, drugs and are exposed to a world too complicated for their young age through music, internet and the streets. A parent should monitor and guide his children through these irrespective of gender. When I was younger, we had a lot of respect for our elders and commitment to manual labour. What happened to that era?
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Acidosis(m): 9:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
Reason I don't like to live amidst crowd so I don't flog someone's pikin to coma someday, especially those small small boys forming cultists, lol.

14 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Tallesty1(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:
Apart from the disrespect part, hasn't it always been like this?

Most boys were allowed total unrestricted freedom from even house chores for the single reason that they are male kids.
Most were given the choice meat,largest food portion,cleaned after by their sisters etc.
Why do you think we have some really dirty husbands now? Overgrown babies who can't even wash their own boxers?
Even in my house,my niece wash her brothers cloths on the instruction of her mummy,beaten if she shouts back at them or fight them,not because she is younger but because she is female,and will go to husband house grin
a lot more,lemme hold it here.

Maybe the elite parents of this generation will help correct this trend for our future daughters
You're not being honest here. In an average Igbo family' there are chores meant specifically for guys and they do it without complaining. I just don't get why you folks think you have it worse.

Choice meat and largest food goes to the last born, male or female.

in the part of the country where I grew up, every person cooks. male and female.

I ctook local foods better than my mother and that is why I usually do the cooking whenever we are in the villa.

Fighting your elder sister is an abomination because she's literally our mother. so I don't know where your assertion that we bully females came from. a bully is a bully so stop trying to play gender card here.

The op raised a nice topic and I think the reason some girls are better trained is simply because they're girls and future mothers.

Talking about dirty spouses, I don't think you have seen these large women that tie one wrapper from the night their husband slept with to the day they go for delivery.

some women are horribly dirty so don't even go there.

Today's parents cannot change a thing cause they're the cause of it. Children back home are very respectful

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by shizzy7(f): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:

she stupid.
Why are you throwing insults??

Simple coherent argument you can't engage in.
Go and learn how to interact.

12 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

I'm not bashing, it's what I see I am saying, mostly Easterners live here and the boys are not well behaved I am not bashing, I'm only saying it as it is. The girls are very sweet and polite but the boys mba

We are basically walking in the jet streams of Western society. What we are getting is a " fatherless " society". Now, it isn't that these children don't have actual father's. What has happened is that these father's have defined Fatherhood as simply putting money on the table. They can't model manhood and these children look for surrogate Father's in the gangs. That's the money is manhood culture for you.

It's a little bit more complicated than this but you get my drift.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by boyo123(m): 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
one of the reason why i want to leave this stupid festac , imagine small boys wey i dey carry for shoulder before self done join cult ,now him self done dey carry shoulder,

i feel like flogging those stupid lanky igbo boys around here, they where not trained well at all.

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Timbuktuo: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
When women marry, they don't think "Hmm, can he handle a broom?" They're more interested in his ability to oversee the home with wisdom and provide for and secure the family. This is not the same thing men want in a woman. Men want a woman who can care for the home. This is the reality of life. These girls are being properly trained to be wives and mothers. Women don't leave their husband because he can't sweep, men don't leave their wives because she's not providing for the home.

Men are not women and women are not men. Period.

As to the issue of young men being unruly, it's partly because the village has been told to hands off raising children. When both parents are out to hustle, these kids have nothing to keep then grounded as older generations did in the form of neighbours and relatives.

Now, every little kid is a prince and princess and thy can do as they please and you, a neighbour, dare not set them straight for fear of drawing the ire of their parents. Of course, this is the natural culmination. You cannot have your cake and eat it. Actions have consequences.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by applebee: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hmm

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by alezzy13: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
Chipappii:
Hehehehe. Who are the spoilt boys straffing, themselves abi the well trained girls.
N:b good girls are bad Girls dat hv not been caught!
Diary of a broke playboy
https://www.nairaland.com/3475839/diary-broke-playboy#3475839.24

Let OP be deceiving her old self. Each time I pass Alen at night, I just marvel at the number of those easy lays that line the streets. And they keep growing in number!! I suppose those are the "well trained girls" that will become "good wives" one say.

yeye dey smell. grin

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Silumi(f): 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

The boys act unruly and disrespectful most times, they are also sexually exposed far too early whereas the girls appear respectful and polite.

Some parents don't bother about training their male kids anymore but allow them the freedom to do whatever they like while the girls are trained and made to do multiple domestic chores

Don't complain about your husbands if you are not ready to train your sons because they will be someone else's spouse one day.
op I don't think this is only peculiar to your area. infact it is a general occurrence .most women were raised with the mentality that they are ment to take care of the home, kids and a man so right from time the take up this responsibility and grow into the role. No insult intended but a boy's role in the home is not properly defined they don't get to do chores,they have different curfew time and parents tolerate their indiscipline more than girls.life actually downs on them at later point in their lives that is why most teenagers are just a parcel of unbridled zeal,no iota of respect for anybody and unfounded boldness that makes them obnoxious. Most female teenagers on the other hand are just too gullible getting deceived everyday by their male teens and older men in fact an average teenage gal is goalless she just want to grow up and play the role society has laid out for her. #teenagers# cry
Pidgin2:

op I don't think this is only peculiar to your area. infact it is a general occurrence .most women were raised with the mentality that they are ment to take care of the home, kids and a man so right from time the take up this responsibility and grow into the role. No insult intended but a boy's role in the home is not properly defined they don't get to do chores,they have different curfew time and parents tolerate their indiscipline more than girls.life actually downs on them at later point in their lives that is why most teenagers are just a parcel of unbridled zeal,no iota of respect for anybody and unfounded boldness that makes them obnoxious. Most female teenagers on the other hand are just too gullible getting deceived everyday by their male teens and older men in fact an average teenage gal is goalless she just want to grow up and play the role society has laid out for her. #teenagers#

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by tosyne2much(m): 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
Most of them with improper unbringing are usually found on social media dishing insults to people that are old enough to be their parents, brothers or sisters..

We have lost Morals in my country jawe

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady In Bauchi Gives Birth To Quadruplets On Her First Delivery. PICS / I Own You & Can "Do" 10times A Day-Man Tells Wife After She Refused "To Do" (Vid / My Wife Is Starving Me Of Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.