Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. (43313 Views)

Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / Warning Signs That A Used Car Has Been In An Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by olanshi: 9:01am On Nov 27, 2016
Nice topic.
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by sonety2k(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2016
cool
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by DocHMD: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2016
solasalako:
Be advised. Affidavit is not an alrternative to SGD(single goods declaration form) or form C 2016. And you can only use the vehicle VIN to confirm the genuinety of the vehicle that was imported via RORO (roll on roll off) from abroad. Not all ports. Nigeria customs will never accept affidavit. It's either you present the original declaration or your vehicle or your car is detained, seized or auctioned to the public to serve as deterrent to others. If detained, you might be offered the grace to pay the duty, taxes and levies with commensurate penalty. Be guided, gone are the days that you believe once a car has been engraved, that it's off customs. No not atall. NCS seizes old vehicles which duties has not been paid for .. so far your vehicle is still less than 7 years old. Another new circular says anybody caught with forged customs paper should be arrested and the suspect will thereafter lead the NCS to the person/dealer that gave him/her the fake papers. On a last note: confirm the documents of that lovely automobile before making payment so as to avoid stories that touches. Thanks

Sir I bought a nigerian used car ( Accord 1995) few months ago from someone who purchased it in 2011 , misplaced the Customs (didn't do the photocopy). How do I get a copy with my VIN? I'm really thinking of doing an affidavit. Will it be helpful?

How can I stop them from auctioning of my car since the duty has been paid but I only misplaced the documents?
Can cars be auctioned off because the owner lost the custom documents. Is that sensible? Shouldn't they check their database first before auctioning off?

Will be grateful to hear from you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by AKMoney1(m): 9:09am On Nov 27, 2016
oriflamebaby1:
It's me Oriflame baby1 grin

Who be you? Or who you be? undecided
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by battleaxe: 9:25am On Nov 27, 2016
solasalako:
Be advised. Affidavit is not an alrternative to SGD(single goods declaration form) or form C 2016. And you can only use the vehicle VIN to confirm the genuinety of the vehicle that was imported via RORO (roll on roll off) from abroad. Not all ports. Nigeria customs will never accept affidavit. It's either you present the original declaration or your vehicle or your car is detained, seized or auctioned to the public to serve as deterrent to others. If detained, you might be offered the grace to pay the duty, taxes and levies with commensurate penalty. Be guided, gone are the days that you believe once a car has been engraved, that it's off customs. No not atall. NCS seizes old vehicles which duties has not been paid for .. so far your vehicle is still less than 7 years old. Another new circular says anybody caught with forged customs paper should be arrested and the suspect will thereafter lead the NCS to the person/dealer that gave him/her the fake papers. On a last note: confirm the documents of that lovely automobile before making payment so as to avoid stories that touches. Thanks

Hi Sola,
Thanks for this. Can you pls clarify what you mean by cars less than 7 years old..... meaning cars manufactured between 2009 to 2016 in this case?? So a 2008 car will not be seized if it doesn't have customs papers??

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by lifezone247(m): 9:36am On Nov 27, 2016
Yes you can still get a custom paper even thou the car is registered, via land borders like seme, idiroko. Or out stations like ibandan or ollorin. All you need is, the make and model year of the car, chassis number, also known as vehicle identification number (VIN). Your full name and address. Get a licensed clearing agent. (I can do I if you don't mind) and your customs paper will be done and handed over to you. You can call me on 08037233694 for more. Thanks
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by tripoli007(m): 10:25am On Nov 27, 2016
Very simple ..custom only targets new plate numbers for example in Lagos the plate numbers are in this format now " AKD *** EL ..back date urs to probably *BC ..that shows the car has been on the road for over 2yrs or more .. Customs are always after recently registered vehicle ..this is just a trick ..but if e no work for u..my hand no dey ohh grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by asumo12: 10:44am On Nov 27, 2016
diportivo:
Affidavit gini

Ur vin can be used to pull off ur car info from the customs database

Misplaced ur customs paper?...no problem

They will just use ur vin to confirm from their office

If it comes back negative...... lipsrsealed
Vehicle can't be trace via VIN or engine number joor...

#Confirm
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by Jarus(m): 11:05am On Nov 27, 2016
Learn Hausa language.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2016
nurey:

Once custom is ready to fleece you, they will frustrate your life. Also can you prove beyond reasonable doubt there and then that the car was imported in 08 without custom document to verify, I doubt it.
If the former owner had been doing interstate with the car and custom no catch am, you can heave a sign of relieve. Line of action
1. Go and swear a court avidavit for the lost doc
2. Walk into the custom office in your area armed with avidavit, complete car document showing Vin and other things.
3. Make payment for the verification of the said car and when verified that it's in the system you can continue using the avidavit. If your car is siezed you just hire lawyer and threaten. Or
4. Pay for a new original print out and drive with peace of mind.
DocHMD:

Sir I bought a nigerian used car ( Accord 1995) few months ago from someone who purchased it in 2011 , misplaced the Customs (didn't do the photocopy). How do I get a copy with my VIN? I'm really thinking of doing an affidavit. Will it be helpful?

How can I stop them from auctioning of my car since the duty has been paid but I only misplaced the documents?
Can cars be auctioned off because the owner lost the custom documents. Is that sensible? Shouldn't they check their database first before auctioning off?

Will be grateful to hear from you.

My case is very similar to this.

I have a HONDA CRV 2004 model originally bought in 2008 but I got it in 2014. All papers are in tact but I don't remember collecting the custom papers though the owner says he gave it to me.

So technically, I don't have custom papers. But the previous owner of my car is too meticulous not to have gotten custom papers.

This car was re-registered (plate number changed from the old plate number to new plate number) in 2012.

Will custom be interested in stopping such car?

Has the car qualified to be custom paper check exempt since it is over 5years post-registered

Cc nurey
Elshanautos
zoharariel
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by dollyptunde: 11:09am On Nov 27, 2016
calabardick:

grin grin grin grin grin
what will happen?

It's just like u commit an offence and you reporting yourelf grin you know the consequence in naija

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by calabardick(m): 11:19am On Nov 27, 2016
dollyptunde:

It's just like u commit an offence and you reporting yourelf grin you know the consequence in naija

hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by dandollaz: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2016
[quote author=elshanAutos post=51396944][/quote]
Customs don't seize cars now.you pay duties and fine.
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by giftiy(m): 11:21am On Nov 27, 2016
Am in the same sheet too,the customs in Benin -by pass are all wizard they stop only cars without. Duty. So anyday the stop you, just know that you are in a deep sheet
NwamaziNwaAro:
Hello all.
I was driving to Owerri and on the road I saw over 12 already registered vehicles impounded by the custom officials who have a check point there.

Can someone experienced tell me what to do if your car has no valid custom papers,

Can the custom papers be gotten?

Is there a legislation that protects innocent car owners who do not know they were given fake custom papers.

Is there a fine to redeem impounded vehicles

or will a car be forfeited once it is impounded by customs officials for not having custom papers.

Thank you

Most Nigerian drivers need this information to avoid getting into such unimaginable situation.

Cc: lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by nurey(m): 11:24am On Nov 27, 2016
NwamaziNwaAro:

My case is very similar to this.

I have a HONDA CRV 2004 model originally bought in 2008 but I got it in 2014. All papers are in tact but I don't remember collecting the custom papers though the owner says he gave it to me.

So technically, I don't have custom papers. But the previous owner of my car is too meticulous not to have gotten custom papers.

This car was re-registered (plate number changed from the old plate number to new plate number) in 2012.

Will custom be interested in stopping such car?

Has the car qualified to be custom paper check exempt since it is over 5years post-registered

Cc nurey
Elshanautos

Once custom is ready to fleece you, they will frustrate your life. Also can you prove beyond reasonable doubt there and then that the car was imported in 08 without custom document to verify, I doubt it.

If the former owner had been doing interstate with the car and custom no catch am, you can heave a sign of relieve. Line of action

1. Go and swear a court avidavit for the lost doc

2. Walk into the custom office in your area armed with avidavit, complete car document showing Vin and other things.

3. Make payment for the verification of the said car and when verified that it's in the system you can continue using the avidavit. If your car is siezed you just hire lawyer and threaten. Or

4. Pay for a new original print out and drive with peace of mind.
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by smarttm: 11:36am On Nov 27, 2016
Zoharariel:
Go and get an affidavit at any court that your custom papers were misplaced. Keep a copy of the sworn affidavit in your car.

You will thank me and my irunmoles with a bottle of Eagle Aromatic Schnapps & a Crocodile.

and u also misplaced your chassis No.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by Monday5(m): 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
What papers? Use ur car anywhere no custom official fit do u anything. Na we get here!
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by afamaustin(m): 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
nawao l am smelling d same problem pls how much dose it cost to get costom papers
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by Distinguishy(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
Answer is simple, Get the Custom Paper. End of discusion

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by onlysose(m): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
If you car dont have customs paper kindly drive into your state customs office and ask for a registered customs agent( not customs officer please), and indicate your willingness to pay duty. If you go through a customs officer will also have to go through a licence agent there charging you extra for his commission. the agent will require your chasis number, name and full address. It is possible to make the duty in a day or two.

But when your car has been apprehended by customs, by law it is supposed to be seized, but in practice they will be willing to allow you pay duty in their office to raise their revenue profile, as each command has a revenue target.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
for those who are driving a rubbish car like me, you don't need custom papers infact you don't need any papers atall, not even licence, if police catch you just leave the car for them and vamoose! aferall the car wouldn't be worth much so no need bribing police 30k to recover a car that's worth 15k ciao! grin
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by oriflamebaby1(f): 1:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
Young03:

asha......woo spoted

why the advertisement?

Who raised you boy ?
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by oriflamebaby1(f): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
Young03:

asha......woo spoted

why the advertisement?

Next ?
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by oriflamebaby1(f): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
AKMoney1:

Who be you? Or who you be? undecided

Google www.oriflame.com.ng you have the answers to your question
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by uvalued(m): 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
NwamaziNwaAro:
Hello all.
I was driving to Owerri and on the road I saw over 12 already registered vehicles impounded by the custom officials who have a check point there.

Can someone experienced tell me what to do if your car has no valid custom papers,

Is there a legislation that protects innocent car owners who do not know they were given fake custom papers.

or will a car be forfeited once it is impounded by customs officials for not having custom papers.

Thank you

Most Nigerian drivers need this information to avoid getting into such unimaginable situation.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by operandus(m): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
NwamaziNwaAro:
Hello all.

Thank you

Yes you can get d authentic Customs documents,pay some duty on d vehicle and then Customs will put it in d system,although in Tincan island port.I m an agent by d way.
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by silvoice(m): 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
I learnt that they are paying money to very original custom paper: now read.

1. I have original copy of declaration form that showed my C number.
2. I have a copy of the stamped assessment form
3. I have the original UBA seme border bank tella that was used to pay into NCS account.
4. I have the original copy of the Bank confirmation slip titled: NCS paydirect payment acknowledgment" (online computer print out stamped and signed by the bank.
5. Description of goods showed "one used passenger motor vehicle.
5. Mark of packages showed: the name of my car and it chasis number

And somebody is still advising me to pay another money, to know if my agent gave me fake, UBA ate the N134,551 paid.
And all the official stamps, including UBA, Customs and that of my agent, fake?

That means to say that corruption indeed, is fighting back in this country.

Now do you think I should still pay 3000 to verify my papers? Based on what I have stated here.
Thank you all and God bless Nairaland
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
silvoice:
I learnt that they are paying money to very original custom paper: now read.

1. I have original copy of declaration form that showed my C number.
2. I have a copy of the stamped assessment form
3. I have the original UBA seme border bank tella that was used to pay into NCS account.
4. I have the original copy of the Bank confirmation slip titled: NCS paydirect payment acknowledgment" (online computer print out stamped and signed by the bank.
5. Description of goods showed "one used passenger motor vehicle.
5. Mark of packages showed: the name of my car and it chasis number

And somebody is still advising me to pay another money, to know if my agent gave me fake, UBA ate the N134,551 paid.
And all the official stamps, including UBA, Customs and that of my agent, fake?

That means to say that corruption indeed, is fighting back in this country.

Now do you think I should still pay 3000 to verify my papers? Based on what I have stated here.
Thank you all and God bless Nairaland

Stick to the TOPIC SUBJECT!!
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by Ambassadors: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
diportivo:
Let me boil water for jacuzzi here

Omo see concept na him i dey waste time dey find swimming pool since

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by ogagam(m): 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
Go to any customs office and do voluntary payment. U need to go with the registered paper since u are already using the car. They will raise DN for u and you go to the bank to pay after examination of the car. If ur car is arrested without any payment of duty, that is complete seizure . U will have to forfeit that car to the government. So it is better to pay customs duty.
Re: What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. by chuka5000(m): 7:18am On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=elshanAutos post=51396944][/quote]

if ur car get impounded I think u can pay the legal fees and get ur car out.
custom officers at Kogi once impounded my vehicle and asked me to go pay the legal fees and penalty which was 430,000 for an SUV.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread / Peugeot 504 Price In 1975 Vs Price Of Bread In 2024 / Someone Spotted Driving Around With Fuel Nozzle & Hose Still Attached To His Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.