Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? (2463 Views)

Why Do Handsome Guys End Up With Less Attractive Women? / Let Us Be Honest About This Thing Called Crush / 2 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by MrAwePresident: 10:18am On Nov 26, 2016
I see many young guys spend their time, money, attention and other things to build a foundation for a solid relationship with a lady. Only for the ladies to leave them later on for a much comfortable guy because they are not yet "comfortable" with the idea of marriage at the moment in their lives.

So my question is should guys just leave this dating thing alone until they are capable of marriage?

The word comfortable for this thread means someone who has financial independence and can afford to care for a family without stressing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Sandydayziz(f): 10:29am On Nov 26, 2016
Not all ladies want money in a relationship... Nd I see you didn't mention anything bout love! So what's d need of a relationship,attention nd time if there's no love? undecided

3 Likes

Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by LordIsaac(m): 10:43am On Nov 26, 2016
What's even its bases if not to a large extent, the gratification of lusts...which begs the question: " can a man put fire in his bossom and not be burned?" So, in my estimation, we ought to flee these things until we are marriage worthy. Else, it would be just vanity and vexation of spirit!

5 Likes

Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by chigoziri2403(m): 10:56am On Nov 26, 2016
it depends on the people involved, and what they want, but in a society like ours where money rules, it's advisable for guys to wait till they are financially stable to avoid heart break.
Chase money, get it and watch girls do the Chasing.
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by kinggogo: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2016
So there should b no boyfriend nd galfriend tinz undecided grin
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by MrAwePresident: 11:07am On Nov 26, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Not all ladies want money in a relationship... Nd I see you didn't mention anything bout love! So what's d need of a relationship,attention nd time if there's no love? undecided
you are right about that, and I didn't mention it on purpose.
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Mekzyzeus(m): 11:08am On Nov 26, 2016
Some ladies are actually a huge blessing and muse to some guys during the relationship phase...while some are plain demonic plague. grin.
Tis too bad that shameless love of money is the grease that runs our generation love relationships. Chukwu enye anyi nwanyi di mma biko[color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 26, 2016
sad
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by MrAwePresident: 11:10am On Nov 26, 2016
kinggogo:
So there should b no boyfriend nd galfriend tinz undecided grin

Yes, guys are always complaining about the fact that girls share their financial burden with them because they are not sure if they are going to end up with the girls.

And vice versa for the girls, most are not willing to share their bodies and the likes with the guys because they too are not sure of the guys true intentions.
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by MrAwePresident: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2016
grin
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by EternalTruth: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2016
Sandydayziz:
This is disheartening... Just when I was bout to say AAU's worse...
hi dear, ur profile says Benin/Ekpoma and you're so irresistible and encaptivating and I'm enraptured by ur dazzling and stupendous appearance..
pls I'd like to be your alter ego..
can I drop my WhatsApp contact as a medium of communication which will enable us to hobnob with each other??
thanks.. anticipating ur soonest reply
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by SuperStriker: 11:58am On Nov 26, 2016
Sandydayziz:

You're naturally beautiful. kiss kiss
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2016
It does not work that way I am afraid.
And what is the marker that determines the man is now "capable" for marriage?
Just because some men and women lack the intuition of being able to recognise if someone is good for them or not delaying being involved in a relationship is not going to help. Some individuals need to learn what not to do before finally getting what it is they should be doing in terms of relationships.

1 Like

Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by kabrud: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
MrAwePresident:
I see many young guys spend their time, money, attention and other things to build a foundation for a solid relationship with a lady. Only for the ladies to leave them later on for a much comfortable guy because they are not yet "comfortable" with the idea of marriage at the moment in their lives.

So my question is should guys just leave this dating thing alone until they are capable of marriage?

The word comfortable for this thread means someone who has financial independence and can afford to care for a family without stressing.
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Sandydayziz(f): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
EternalTruth:
hi dear, ur profile says Benin/Ekpoma and you're so irresistible and encaptivating and I'm enraptured by ur dazzling and stupendous appearance..
pls I'd like to be your alter ego..
can I drop my WhatsApp contact as a medium of communication which will enable us to hobnob with each other??
thanks.. anticipating ur soonest reply
Come on' break those down... A girl's got no dictionary smiley
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Sandydayziz(f): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
SuperStriker:

You're naturally beautiful. kiss kiss
Nd u've got me blushing kiss
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Akposb(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
Different stroke for different folks. The major thing is being sure of what you want and communication is vital at any stage. Everyone should lay their bed as they want it.
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Ifakiland(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
Op low self esteem and insecurity dey worry u....u sed u need money to date a gal or marry one?
Make her fall in love with u and watch wonders...I hate it wen a guy see getting a gal as d main reason for making money. Ure making d money for ur forking self not cos u wanna get a girl.....u need change ur OT I swear. So na cos of gal u wan get money....I pity u, u never see wey gal carry her rich bf money dey give anoda poor guy wey she love abi?
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Ifakiland(m): 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Nd u've got me blushing kiss
Wats ur bra size?
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Sandydayziz(f): 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ifakiland:

Wats ur bra size?
U can search on Google angry
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Timbuktuo: 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
Let me be the first to say that money is very, very important in a relationship, but it is not the only important thing therein. Things like attraction, affection, history, memories, compatibility are equally important. All these, coupled with a decent financial level will make a relationship stand the test of time.

Per avoiding relationships till one has a decent income, the danger in this is that one begins to consider women as not being able to commit without the presence of guaranteed finances. This leads to lack of faith in the relationship model. The constant thought of "She wouldn't be with me if I didn't have money", is a danger to any relationship and mkes commitment a big problem. This is why you see all these Lagos big boys without any plans for marriage. Why should a woman come and benefit from the largess when she wasn't wiling to be there in times of lack? She can be a girlfriend but. certainly not a wife.

For those women who left when the guy didn't make money quickly enough, good for them. I'll say this, though, any guy who has been in such a situation has dodged a bullet. There are many men who are martied today whose wives will leave if and when they lose their sources of income, then you'll know what real pain and heartbreak is. If she left because you're still broke, thank your stars. Look for one who treats you like a king even in your poverty. That one will be deserving of your kingdom when it comes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by EternalTruth: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Come on' break those down... A girl's got no dictionary smiley
sorry dear... OK I like you and would be pleased if u can add me up on WhatsApp so we'll talk more..

God bless u as you do so.
thanks.
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Sandydayziz(f): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
MrAwePresident:
So how exactly do u define dating/relationship?
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by EternalTruth: 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2016
MrAwePresident:

you've just said it all..
if u don't have money and wouldn't wanna dispense much expenses in a relationship just quit it and focus on ur career first and after you might have been settled financially, na girls go dey even struggle to see u.
for now as a normal not yet rich guy.. leave woman matter for now cos you'll be hurt and depressed later if u find out a comfortable guy has finally snatch her from you.

1 Like

Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Sandydayziz(f): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
MrAwePresident:
So how exactly do you define dating/relationship?
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Sandydayziz(f): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
EternalTruth:
sorry dear... OK I like you and would be pleased if u can add me up on WhatsApp so we'll talk more..
God bless u as you do so.
thanks.
Some smart guys might use ur fone numb to withdraw from ur acc... grin
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by EternalTruth: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
Sandydayziz:

Some smart guys might use ur fone numb to withdraw from ur acc... grin
ya you're right pls edit the quote and censor the number after you might have saved it to ur contacts grin grin grin ...
thanks
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by falconey(m): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
how will some girls eat? buy make up, use smart gadgets?

1 Like

Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by Sandydayziz(f): 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
EternalTruth:
ya you're right pls edit the quote and censor the number after you might have saved it to ur contacts grin grin grin ...
thanks
Lol.. Done
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by EternalTruth: 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Lol.. Done
ur ping on WhatsApp plzzzzzzzzzzz.
can't wait anymore..... my apprehensiveness is escalating.
thanks
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by MrAwePresident: 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
Sandydayziz:

So how exactly do you define dating/relationship?
I'm currently not in the best shape of mind to answer your question but I would love to understand what an ideal relationship entails.

Because it seems like giving someone your all isn't enough for some even though they know you are
Re: GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? by MrAwePresident: 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
Seems some people are starting a new relationship on my thread. Congrats o

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Addicted To Her Ex / You Are All Invited...my Pre-wedding Shot / Davido Poses With Chioma And Wizkid On A Private Jet,wearing Super Eagles Jersey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.