Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

"365": A Novelette - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "365": A Novelette (39351 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2016
cc: Kisschrix makydebbie Kingrex1 jagugu88li lleigh Skarlett biafranbushboy dominique

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by AJvine(m): 9:19am On Dec 14, 2016
Hi Swann. thanks am getting better at work already. We are waiting for the xmas update lol.....Wishing u a 1derful xmas in advance. May the Joy of this season be wit u and ur family.

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2016
cheesycheesy
Finally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
KissChrix:
cheesycheesy
Finally
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
AJvine:
Hi Swann. thanks am getting better at work already. We are waiting for the xmas update lol.....Wishing u a 1derful xmas in advance. May the Joy of this season be wit u and ur family.

Same to you smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
Kaylee can't fight it for long smileysmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Adesina12: 4:39pm On Dec 14, 2016
It is bound to happen between them, the chemistry is at work now...Kaylee & Pluto

At least she will be happy while she is ushering into the life beyond...Pity her

Welldone swann

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2016
Adesina12:
It is bound to happen between them, the chemistry is at work now...Kaylee & Pluto

At least she will be happy while she is ushering into the life beyond...Pity her

Welldone swann

Thank you very much smiley smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
Kaylee went there to di what Na? This geh wont tell her mother she's dying?

Plu and Kay, spot on mama.

David, what's your own? Engagement already.....issorite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
jagugu88li:
Kaylee went there to di what Na? This geh wont tell her mother she's dying?

Plu and Kay, spot on mama.

David, what's your own? Engagement already.....issorite

grin grin... What happened to Kaylee and David? smiley smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Lleigh(f): 6:43am On Dec 15, 2016
swann:
cc: Kisschrix
makydebbie
Kingrex1
jagugu88li
lleigh
Skarlett
biafranbushboy
dominique

Lovely update swann...I suspect something is brewing.... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by iykekelvins(m): 7:01am On Dec 15, 2016
I am just here thinking a miracle would happen in kaylee's life.

*Wake up kelvin, this is not film trick* grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 15, 2016
swann:

grin grin... What happened to Kaylee and David? smiley smiley
Aaahhh, that David is a mama's boy. How does one allow to be forced into vat n sit (live in girlfriend) yourself don't even want.

He's been spoon fed a lot. #KayTo for now. That's if Pluto is smart enough to open and use the gap.

But, this my Kayto is frustration, David is the cause

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2016
Lleigh:

Lovely update swann...I suspect something is brewing.... angry
Thanks Leigh smiley smiley You just have to watch out and see what it is...
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 15, 2016
iykekelvins:
I am just here thinking a miracle would happen in kaylee's life.

*Wake up kelvin, this is not film trick* grin

cheesy cheesy... She'll really need a miracle... Thanks for reading Kelv...
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 15, 2016
jagugu88li:
Aaahhh, that David is a mama's boy. How does one allow to be forced into vat n sit (live in girlfriend) yourself don't even want.

He's been spoon fed a lot. #KayTo for now. That's if Pluto is smart enough to open and use the gap.

But, this my Kayto is frustration, David is the cause

Lets hope Pluto is smart enough wink wink
Re: "365": A Novelette by iykekelvins(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2016
swann:

cheesy cheesy... She'll really need a miracle... Thanks for reading Kelv...
Sure thing love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
Swann, when next? cry
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
KissChrix:
Swann, when next? cry

Tomorrow... but no guarantees lipsrsealed
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
swann:

Tomorrow... but no guarantees lipsrsealed
**Waiting**

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2016
swann:

Uniport...

Sleekyshuga we suppose organize orientation ceremony for Uniport Nairalanders, abi whayasay grin

Congrats babe, the unique university that is known as Unistress shall not give you undue stress for the duration of your course, IJN amen! cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
skarlett:

Sleekys.huga we suppose organize orientation ceremony for Uniport Nairalanders, abi whayasay grin

Anytime, Anywhere, I'll be there cool cool

Congrats babe, the unique university that is known as Unistress shall not give you undue stress for the duration of your course, IJN amen! cheesy

Thanks a lot smiley and A big resounding AMMMMEEENNNN cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2016
skarlett:

Sleekyshuga we suppose organize orientation ceremony for Uniport Nairalanders, abi whayasay grin
You don become Laale undecided? It wouldn't be a bad idea. It all depends on them; if they want it or not.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

You don become Laale undecided? It wouldn't be a bad idea. It all depends on them; if they want it or not.

You call the propagandist lies they told us as fresher's orientation undecided

Nobody told me that I'd have to love mishai if I want to survive, nobody said we always observe compulsory break in between second semester that could run from one month till further notice, nobody told me that Aluu and light are enemies, thats the kind of orientation grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
swann:
CHAPTER EIGHT

Dedicated to lovelygurl, a busted ghostreader smiley smiley

Lol busted indeed. I finally caught up cheesy The story rooocks
#TeamDavid&Kaylee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
lovelygurl:

Lol busted indeed. I finally caught up cheesy The story rooocks #TeamDavid&Kaylee
Thanks gurl cheesy... You're the first on that team smiley ...
Re: "365": A Novelette by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
skarlett:

You call the propagandist lies they told us as fresher's orientation undecided

Nobody told me that I'd have to love mishai if I want to survive, nobody said we always observe compulsory break in between second semester that could run from one month till further notice, nobody told me that Aluu and light are enemies, thats the kind of orientation grin
Hahahahahaha...

• Nobody told me that I would have to stand to take lectures in MBA 1 & 2..

• Nobody told me that professors had more marks with fewer questions than the Drs. who killed us with multiple questions..

• Nobody told me that it wasn't just books students go to read during night class..

E too plenty jare angry grin..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
angry
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
CHAPTER NINE
“Okay Christianna, how many yards of this particular fabric do you think we need?” David asked the woman who was feeling the fabric.

The sound of the receptionist’s heel disrupted their conversation and David looked in her direction.

“There’s a man here to see you,” the receptionist said.

“Okay, send him to my office. I’ll be with him in a minute,” he replied.

He walked towards the door as smoothened his tie as he did. He hoped it was a potential client as he was releasing a new clothing line in some months and he needed buyers before then. As he walked to his office, he practiced what he would tell the client in there.

“Hello, Good day,” David said as he enter the room. “Sorry to keep you waiting.”

The man moved around in his seat to show he was uncomfortable but nodded his head when his came in eye contact with David.

“It’s really nice to have you here. Are you interested in booking any of our lines?” he asked the man.

The man cleared his throat. “No, I’m not interested in your line. I came to speak to you about a lady, Kaylee. Do you know her?” the man asked back.

David chuckled as he fell back into his seat. He looked at the man again and wondered who he was and what he had to do with Kaylee. His frowned as realized he had seen the man before. It was the same person he had seen going into the house with Kaylee but he maintained his calm.

“I do,” he replied.

The man stood up. “I just wanted to see the face of the idiot who would leave a dying girl alone,” the man said as he shaked his head.

“Dying?” David asked, confused.

“That was really low of you, you know. And to think that you’d expect being with someone for a long time would make you know them but this is heartless,” the man replied as he walked towards the door.

David sprinted to the door and blocked it. “What’s happening to Kaylee? Let’s sit and discuss about this.”

The man seemed reluctant to do so but agreed as he noticed that David did not have any idea what he was talking about. They sat and David listened intently with widened eyes as the man told him of what was happening.

“How did you know where to find me?” David asked as the man finished talking.

“Her brother told me,” the man replied.

Immediately the door flew opened and a lady walked in.

“Izzy, what are you doing here?” David asked, shocked.

“I came so that we can leave together. You haven’t forgotten about the engagement party, have you?

David looked at the man and could see the disappointment in his face. He had just been accused of leaving his ex who was dying and here was another lady who was talking about getting engaged.

“Pluto?” the woman said looking at the man.

“Do you know him?” David cut in.

“Of course. He is one of the friends I’ve been telling you about along with the other lady, Kaylee,” Isabella answered.

David groaned as the man’s eyes beckoned him to make a choice.

Kaylee sat on the sofa in the living room switching channel until she turned off the TV as she could not find a good movie to watch. She took at her phone and swapped through apps on her phones which left as little satisfaction as the TV had. She visited some blogs but the news on them wasn’t anything she hadn’t heard. She fell back to the sofa and closed her eyes. It was a boring day without Pluto. Her eyes shot open as she remembered she had not seen Pluto throughout the day. It felt strange to her that she could not remember someone she had spent months with. The knock on the door brought her out from her thought and she jumped to open it hoping it would be Pluto not that she was expecting anyone else.

She opened the door and saw a man outside holding flowers and it made her shudder. She stood contemplating on if to shut the door or let him in.

The man didn’t let her make a choice as he spoke. “Pluto told me what’s going on. Is it true?” the man asked.

Some tears dropped from her eyes. She could not lie as there would be no excuse to give so she tried to change the topic. “You know that’s an awkward way of greeting someone you haven’t seen in months. And who’s Pluto?” she said as she wiped the tears with the back of her hand.

“Why didn’t you tell me? Did you really think I would leave you?”

She looked at the floor. At that moment she wanted to tell him, the truth of everything but his father’s words kept ringing in hr ear. She was surprised she even remembered them.

The man noticed that she was unwilling to give a reply. “Let’s go somewhere,” he said as he took her hands.

“No,” she said. “I think you should just drop the flower and leave. There’s really no need for us to continue seeing each other. It has been months so you really need learn to let go. Besides I don’t want to go through the guilt of leaving you with grief when I’m gone.”

He sighed.

“If you follow me to this one place,” he said using his fingers to indicate the ‘one’. “I promise I would leave you alone.”

Kaylee rolled her eyes.

“Fine. Just one place.”

There were few people in the compound. The families of both parties were in attendance along with some friends that had been invited. An old lady in an aquamarine gown could be seen moving from each table, talking to the guest.

“Where’s he? It’s getting late,” Isabella said to Pluto who stood by her side. Earlier, in his office, David had dashed out after telling her to go with Pluto and get prepared for the party. She was worried he wouldn’t make it. Her mind went back to the three different times she had gotten engaged but she pushed them out as this one was different from the rest. She actually wanted this one to happen, and she was going to go through with it to the end, unlike the others.

She looked toward the gate and saw him coming in with Kaylee, who looked reluctant to be there. She could’ve sworn he was almost dragging her as they walked very slowly and she kept on looking behind.

He walked passed her and took a microphone from the DJ who was spinning tracks and walked to the center of the compound where he could be seen by everyone in attendance, still holding Kaylee’s hands.

He looked at her but she had her head bent in a way that indicated she did not want anyone to see her face.

“Good evening, everyone,” David spoke. “You might be wondering what I’m doing here with the wrong woman in hand,” he stopped and chuckled. “Months ago, on a very special day, I started something which I couldn’t complete but today, I’m going to get it finished and if I can’t then I guess I’ll have to abort it.”

He left her hands and knelt before her, bringing out the box from his pocket. “With all honesty, I’m going to ask again, hoping that my answer is an affirmative. Will you marry me?

7 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
KissChrix:
angry

Don't vex cry. I've updated...
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 18, 2016
swann:

Don't vex cry. I've updated...
cheesycheesy
Hallelujah
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2016
Nice twist.. Wasn't expecting this cheesy

I'm not even sure if Kaylee will say yes or no

I would prefer a NO though, you can't just waltz in and out of a Lady's life anyhow

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 85th Birthday: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him / A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury / Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.