Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction (8945 Views)

Shamsudeen Bala Mohammed Spent N1.1 Billion On Choice Properties In Abuja / Adelakun Adeoye Pushing His Spoilt Car On Road (Pics) / Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by ossaioviesucces(m): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction

IN line with his determination to make life better for Deltans, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa's administration has spent over N32 billion on road construction, the Commissioner for Works, Chief James Augoye has said.

Addressing Journalists (28/11/16) in a Ministerial Press Briefing organised by the state's Ministry of Information, Chief Augoye said the amount was for the construction of roads from 2015 to 2016.

"In line with the realization that road development and construction is the backbone for the achievement of the SMART agenda of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa's administration, the Ministry has embarked on seventy one road projects at a total cost of N32. 905 billion for construction between May 2015 and November 2016 covering over 282 kilometres of road and 136 kilometres of concrete lined drains," he said.

He added, "the value of projects currently being handled by the Ministry, including those inherited from the previous administration is put at about N110 billion and it covers 381 kilometres of roads."

The Works Commissioner however, disclosed that "the terrain of the state also results in additional high cost of constructing roads with respect to the swampy nature of some parts which require the replacement of quantities of unsuitable materials and several hydraulic structures on the one hand and erosion prone parts of the state where drainage structures are necessary."

At the press briefing, the Secretary to the Delta State Government (SSG), Hon. Festus Ovie-Agas stated that Governor Okowa's administration has achieved a lot of results in building peace among Deltans which has made the state conducive for investments.

According to him, the 41-member peace building and advisory council which was inaugurated by Governor Okowa "has been modified to include settlement of disputes among communities and ensuring peace building platforms aimed at socio-political stability of the state."

He also, stated that Governor Okowa, has encouraged activities of security operatives in the state by giving them necessary incentives and also, established the "Delta State Security Trust fund to help in mobilizing funds for intervention in critical areas of security administration and thereby, ensure the achievement of conducive atmosphere for socio-economic activities."
Hon. Agas, stated that among bills that were initiated by Governor Okowa's administration have been passed into law for promoting good governance, the administration has also, executed several programmes to make the people prosperous.

The Commissioner for Urban Renewal in the state, Mr Oghenekaro Ilolo during the press briefing said Governor Okowa was committed to ensuring that the towns and cities in the state wears good look to encourage investors and tourists while the Commissioner for Information in the state, Mr Patrick Ukah stated that the press briefing has made it possible for Nigerians, Deltans in particular to know some of the things that Governor Okowa was doing to make life better for the people, adding that all the Commissioners in the state would take their turn to brief the press.

http://dailytimes.ng/okowa-spends-n32-billion-road-construction/

1 Like

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Atiku2019: 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
Where are the roads?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
Eenh. When small rain fall now they will split into three. Biko lets hear word.

#anxiously waiting for 2019

4 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Chibaba247(m): 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
Were are the roads na? all delta state governors both past and present are all thieves and rogues

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by krasican(m): 3:43am On Nov 29, 2016
"In line with the realization that road development and construction is the backbone for the achievement of the SMART agenda of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa's administration, the Ministry has embarked on seventy one road projects at a total cost of N32. 905 billion for construction between May 2015 and November 2016 covering over 282 kilometres of road and 136 kilometres of concrete lined drains," he said.

WHICH ROAD?

FOR WHICH STATE?

The Works Commissioner however, disclosed that "the terrain of the state also results in additional high cost of constructing roads with respect to the swampy nature of some parts which require the replacement of quantities of unsuitable materials and several hydraulic structures on the one hand and erosion prone parts of the state where drainage structures are necessary."

12 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by WeNigerDelta: 4:15am On Nov 29, 2016
Ossai Ovie Success you don dey carry your lie lie from Fb come NL abi....
I'm 100% sure you will never reply me. But abeg come show us the road make the entire NL judge you.
Where the roads dey? Na Warri? Asaba? Sapele? Ughelli? Or it's a place in Delta with no name.

What happened to free ante natal abi Na maternal check up?
What happened to Oghara Teaching Hospital?

Make I continue? Keep your lie for Fb abeg unless you go just bring Okowa wen e dey hide with him invisible projects yansh out for the entire NL to see...

22 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by admindim: 4:18am On Nov 29, 2016
nice 1
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by tym92(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2016
j
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by recievesense: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2016
Lwkmd
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by HopeAlive14(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2016
Enerhen Junction is still in a very bad shape, your Excellency.

6 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by SexyNairalander: 9:09am On Nov 29, 2016

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Mrelvinoo: 9:09am On Nov 29, 2016
Big lie

3 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by jideflows(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2016
lol.. i hope inter bau round about no join? cos na paint them paint that one... i cry for my dear state..... i hope the paris club refunds will be used well oh

3 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Kolade9(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2016
okowa kor

epon sonu ni undecided

4 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by laurel03(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2016
Chibaba247:
Were are the roads na? all delta state governors both past and present are all thieves and rogues

1 Like

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Izonpikin: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2016
Where are the damn roads

Until we remove immunity from governors we would never achieve the desired change we seek.. angry

Delta that is as good as dead...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by donogaga(m): 9:12am On Nov 29, 2016
No evidence whatsoever? Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by castel428: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2016
seen. Now tell me how will this epp me log into npower portal? #angryLagosNvolunteer
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by castel428: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2016
seen. Now tell me how will this epp me log into npower portal? #angryLagosNvolunteer
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by lilprinze: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2016
Are the roads made of gold? bloody thief.
How wish they could just put all nigerian politicians in a single room and blow them up. bloody selfish thieves .

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2016
PDP Governors are working,no time for propaganda
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Ekpekus(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2016
Make una fear God when calling some kind money spent in projects. Shuooo

1 Like

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by johnstar(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2016
Choi
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Dinirojones(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2016
This man "okowa" and his predecessor Emmanuel uduaghan are the biggest fraud in history and I pray efcc visits them soon....the streets lights in Warri are dead, the traffic lights are even worse , the roads are terrible..especially Warri sapele roads, cementary road, okere roundabout,ijaw quaters,ogedegbe road.....i jus dey pity deltans walahi......

6 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by sakalisis(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2016
Choi
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Realdeals(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2016
Delta state is Nigeria house of corruption, those that have been ruling that state since 1999 are crooks.

4 Likes

Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by martineverest(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2016
thief
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by omanifrank(m): 9:19am On Nov 29, 2016
hmmm
Re: Okowa Spends N32 Billion On Road Construction by Akaujaa(m): 9:22am On Nov 29, 2016
Politics in Nigeria is really dirty. Our politicians only play on our collective intelligence. I stay in Asaba and am yet to see a road completed by Okowa. The Traffic Light/Cable road he initiated is a pending contract awarded to him when he was a senator. They only come to thief and go.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu: I’m Not Ready To Allow My Defamers Smile By Resigning / Court Stops FG From Unlawful Deduction Of $418million From States Account / Uche Ogah: No Going Back On Capital Punishment For Illegal Gold Miners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.