Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Chris Uba Dumps Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Uba Dumps Pdp (3798 Views)

Supreme Court Judgement: Stop Deceiving Nigerians Chris Uba Tells Brother / OSUN Guber Election: APC Jittery About CHRIS UBA / Who Is Chris Uba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by AloyEmeka6: 5:37am On Nov 09, 2009
Chris Uba dumps PDP, backs PPA candidate
By WILLY EYA

Sunday, November 8, 2009[b]

Determined to stop the immediate past governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof Chukwuma Soludo from becoming the 2010 flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra State, the self-acclaimed godfather of Anambra politics, chief Chris Uba has thrown his weight behind the candidate of the Progressive People Alliance (PPA), Mrs Uche Ekwunife.[/b]

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/8/506.html

The development came amid threats by his party, PDP to expel him and 21 other governorship aspirants in the state for holding an anti-Soludo rally in defiance of earlier order to that effect.

A former governor in Anambra who spoke on condition of anonymity told Sunday Sun that Uba and his supporters have perfected plans to support Ekwunife who beat several other aspirants to emerge the PPA candidate in the 2010 governorship election in the state.

It was revealed that the controversial Anambra politician took the decision for reasons of political expediency and to sustain his relevance in the power equation of the state.

Sunday Sun however learnt that Uba is not ready to formally defect to the PPA or any other party for that matter but is determined to throw in all that he has to ensure the emergence of Ekwunife who currently represents Anaocha/Njikoka/Dunukofia federal constituency at the House of Representatives.

Uba is said to be confident that without his structure, the PDP would have no chance of winning the next governorship election in Anambra.

The business mogul who is also a member of the PDP Board of Trustees (BOT) according to sources is already working in a secret alliance with the PPA hierarchy to achieve his ambition of installing Ekwunife as the next governor of the state. He is said to be particularly upset that the manner Soludo emerged as the party’s governorship candidate may permanently end his influence in the politics of Anambra if not properly handled.

The choice for the PPA candidate is based on the assumption that being a woman, it will be easier to play politics with her than Soludo who in the perception of many, may toe the path of former Anambra governor, Chris Ngige who asserted his independence after being sponsored by Uba who hitherto was his political god father.

Sunday Sun source also said that the leadership of the PDP may have compromised its integrity and lacks the moral courage to expel Uba for fear that he may spill the beans.

According to him, “The PDP leadership is afraid to expel him because he has bribed them and if they do not take time, he would expose them and I can assure you that they are afraid to expel Uba”.

The source was emphatic that Uba plays “cash and carry” politics which he has maximized in his relationship with the power brokers in PDP over the years.

It was also revealed that the party leadership was being careful with Uba because of the implication of losing his services ahead of 2010 governorship election in the state.

The Anambra godfather had been a domineering factor in the politics of Anambra State since 2003 general election when he turned the table against the then incumbent, Chief Chinwoke Mbadinuju. His then god son, Dr Chris Ngige who he sponsored against Mbadinuju later won the election which was voided to the advantage of Peter Obi, the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) governorship candidate. Before Obi revalidated his election, Uba had a running battle with him for not following agreements reached before his election.

Sunday Sun learnt that his support for Ekwunife did not come to politicians in the state as a surprise in view of his antecedents.

Ekwunife, it would be recalled was once a member of the PDP before she defected to the PPA, the platform upon which she wants to realize her ambition as governor of Anambra in 2010.

Some of the candidates who she contested with in the Anambra primaries of the PPA include Emeka Etiaba, son of the incumbent Deputy governor of the state, Dame Virgy Etiaba.

Sources revealed that the rumour that Ekwunife has again secured the support of Chris Uba is not being taken lightly by the power brokers in PDP.

In a statement, the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Prof Rufai Ahmed Alkali had said the party was already studying the unfolding development in Anambra and would soon make appropriate pronouncements on Uba and others who violated the party’s directives by holding anti-Chukwuma Soludo rally in the state.

While condemning the political crisis in the state, he said the party would come out stronger and more cohesive pointing out that it was putting all machinery in motion to ensure a thorough electioneering campaign for all its flag bearers.

Meanwhile, Uba had raised alarm over alleged threat to his life by the Soludo Campaign Organisation. He said that the organization was bent on roping him into the Kidnap saga of Pa Simeon Soludo.

The embattled politician petitioned the Inspector General of Police, Ogbonna Onovo not to allow him to be roped in for an act he knew nothing about and also to provide him with security.

In the later dated November 3, and signed by Emma Onyibor for Chuma Oguejiofor and co chambers, Chief Uba who has been in a political war with Prof Soludo over the latter’s choice as the PDP standard bearer in the 2010 governorship election in Anambra by the leadership of the party said he had been inundated with calls from anonymous persons, threatening him with death if he goes ahead with his opposition to Soludo’s ambition.

Uba’s lawyers queried why their client should be linked with Pa Soludo’s kidnap.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2009
ThanK God.

Chris Uba will undo the PDP and the PDP will undo Chris Uba.

The contest remains between Ngige and Obi.

It is well with Anambra.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by citizenY(m): 8:45am On Nov 09, 2009
The beginning of the end cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by onyengbu1(m): 8:54am On Nov 09, 2009
We have not seen the end of the ubas' mischief in anambra but we are for sure seeing the end to their relevance in anambra politics.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 09, 2009
Ekwunife!!! LOL! cheesy
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 09, 2009
The south east is no longer a haven for PDP.

PDP have a fight on their hands with PPA. . . .whoever their flagbearer is.
Nontheless, Soludo is a strong candidate.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by saintneo(m): 10:17am On Nov 09, 2009
these hooligans shld fight neck-2-neck till death.

now, apple of discord is amongst them; let them fight to death. Amen.

A new era is emerging, cheesy
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 09, 2009
OMO IBO:

I dont think PDP should be worried about PPA when they have the incumbent party to keep them up at night!

Far as I'm concerned, Chris is shouwing signs of desperation and him backing Ekwunife is not going to get him the Governorship seat!
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by jamace(m): 11:27am On Nov 09, 2009
Yes ke. Nothing strange here. Afterall, what is politics? Fulfilment of interest (s), whether selfish or selfless. cool
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 09, 2009
all of them na thief thief
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2009
Ujujoan:

I dont think PDP should be worried about PPA when they have the incumbent party to keep them up at night!

Far as I'm concerned, Chris is shouwing signs of desperation and him backing Ekwunife is not going to get him the Governorship seat!
Ekwunife? Who da hell is that??
People like Etiaba and Ewkunife shouldn't even bother themselves. These guys are light weight at best.

Soludo is almost a sure bet for the state seat but it won't be as easy say 5 yrs ago.
PPA and APGA are pulling their weight and it doesn't look like they will be relenting anytime soon.

meanwhile, howz you?
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by mrperfect(m): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2009
It will be well with the State.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by chidichris(m): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2009

@omo ibo,
soludo is no where close to strong.
he knows the truth abt the game hence he decided to hide himself under those devils at the helm of affairs of pdp.

@topic,
chris uba has finished his contract with pdp and they have dumped him.
it is time to use soludo.
pdp is weighing all options but i know God in heaven will not allow the igbos to go into the pdp slavery.
anambra people did not bow to the preasure of street fighters under uba now they want to use sweet talks undo soludo.
obj is a very strong animal but God in heaven is greater than him.
if time is not taken, he(obj) will turn into an animal like his firend nebukkadizar from babylon.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2009
OMO IBO:

Ekwunife? Who da hell is that??
People like Etiaba and Ewkunife shouldn't even bother themselves. These guys are light weight at best.

Soludo is almost a sure bet for the state seat but it won't be as easy say 5 yrs ago.
PPA and APGA are pulling their weight and it doesn't look like they will be relenting anytime soon.

meanwhile, howz you?

Well our dear old Chris Uba is a magician. He can make the impossible possible. But I doubt if he can get away with it this time around sha!   undecided

I agree wiv u, it wont be so easy for Soludo now and I wont even bet on him. Somehow I think even Obi will beat him now!

[size=4pt]meanwhile, I'm ok . . but I guess I've had better days! You?[/size]

chidichris:

@omo ibo,
he knows the truth abt the game hence he decided to hide himself under those devils at the helm of affairs of pdp.

@topic,
pdp is weighing all options but i know God in heaven will not allow the igbos to go into the pdp slavery.
anambra people did not bow to the preasure of street fighters under uba now they want to use sweet talks undo soludo.
if time is not taken, he(obj) will turn into an animal like his firend nebukkadizar from babylon.

I dont think the man has much faith in himself. People would have gladly given him the mandate like they did with Obi, but now that PDP is involved, the man has earned himself a bad name. But he strong, there is no doubt about that!
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2009
Well our dear old Chris Uba is a magician. He can make the impossible possible. But I doubt if he can get away with it this time around sha! Undecided

I agree wiv u, it wont be so easy for Soludo now and I wont even bet on him. Somehow I think even Obi will beat him now!

[size=3pt]meanwhile, I'm ok . . but I guess I've had better days! You?[/size]

The next election will be tighter than ever.

I believe all the candidates will perform if given the chance but it'll come down to who has the most and biggest ghana must go's

[size=3pt]tell me about. monday syndrome[/size]
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by yeswecan(m): 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2009
Anambra and her Power mongers
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by ud4u: 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2009
This man is confused.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by MrCrackles(m): 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2009
Chris Uba can back whoever he likes. . . I dont give a flying unicorn!
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by jaybee3(m): 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2009
^^^
is dat because u r from kukuland?
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by MrCrackles(m): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2009
jay bee:

^^^
is dat because u r from kukuland?
Which one is kuku land again boss grin
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by jaybee3(m): 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2009
joker.
how u dey?
why don't u give a hoot though? chris is terrorising our brodas and sistas from the east so we ought to unite and go fight the political thug
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Akanbiedu(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2009
OMO IBO:

This is exactly why AC lost Ekiti. Some people turned the AC campaign to PDP versus Yorubaland fight. The end is history. Let us learn from history.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by MrCrackles(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2009
jay bee:

joker.
how u dey?
why don't u give a hoot though? chris is terrorising our brodas and sistas from the east so we ought to unite and go fight the political thug
I am good brov. . .Hope u r as well?!
I am sick and tired of the clout and publicity around the UBA's. . .
They should all fuc.k up into extinction!
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by naijacann: 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
Its funny that most of you are underestimating Ekwunife.
We've forgotten that she's being backed by Orji Uzor Kalu as well.
I wonder who can out maneuver an orji kalu/ Chris Uba combination in Nigeria naw.
Chris Uba has a PhD in rigging elections, while Orji specializes in cutting deals and securing
last minute wins. Watch out for a repeat of PPA Imo elections suprise in Anambara.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by queenesthr(f): 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2009
May God grant his Peace to Anambra State.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by BADLEE: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2009
@ naijacann,

Honestly such strong combination of Orji Uzo Kalu and chris Uba will be very formidable for even Obama to defeat.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by stiyke(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
BADLEE:

@ naijacann,

Honestly such strong combination of Orji Uzo Kalu and chris Uba will be very formidable for even Obama to defeat.

I agree with u ,
6th February 2010 is so unpredictable.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by luv2talk(m): 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2009
Well,i think OBJ is losing his grip in PDP,chris Uba is no doubt an OBJ boy,he has the structure,the grassroot and all in all the machineries he could employ to Defeat Soludo.Who knows soludo b4 2003,he was more or less a class room teacher.Compare his asset then with his asset today,then you will know that Nigeria is heading for Anarchy.Andy Uba is in Court and anything can happen.
I know Soludo is not looking for money again,all he is looking for is Immunity,so that he wont be arrested to Securency Contract Scam, The best is yet to come,watch out
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Caringpro(f): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2009
God is not asleep. He has justly taken PDP to their point of complete destruction in Anambra State.
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by Myself2(m): 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2009
I love this
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by bawomolo(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2009
chidichris:

@omo ibo,

@topic,

it's obvious you can't make one post without mentioning OBJ or ribadu.

did the both of them fukk your girl in a party or something?
Re: Chris Uba Dumps Pdp by kuraking(m): 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2009
This country's political system is gradually moving to the balance. . .
When all this old men must have gone with their military tactics in playin politics. . .

I believe, this coming election the people will decide

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some of Nigerian militarys new capabilities. / See What Senator Nkechi Nworgu Does In Abuja / First Elected Mayor Of Enugu, A Hausa Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.