Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Toke Makinwa Tells Her Story How She Lost Her Parent - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Toke Makinwa Tells Her Story How She Lost Her Parent (381 Views)

It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? / Lady Announced She ‘Lost’ Her Boyfriend In Epic Way / Nigerian Lady Who Married An Uber Driver Tells Her Story (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Tells Her Story How She Lost Her Parent by iamkaywhy45: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
In her book, Toke Makinwa recalled the fire that claimed the lives of her parents who were just 35 (dad) and 34 (mum) at the time of their deaths. They died when Toke, their second child and one of four children, was just 8 years old. The fire was caused by a gas cylinder explosion at their home
“My dad had come out of the building smelling of burning rubber, putting out the fire on his shorts as he tried to explain what happened to a crowd that seemed to be getting bigger every minute. There was something I could taste in my mouth; it was fear. Fear gripped me and I could barely move. In movies, you sometimes see a scene with someone burning from head to toe. Everyone ran back trying to figure out who it was. It took a moment to realise it was my mum. I stood glued to the spot watching her burn.”
You need to get the book to read the whole story. Quite riveting! This lady has gone through so much

(1) (Reply)

How Far Can We Go / Please I Want Cook Rice ... Should I Add Hypo And To It ??? / Fight Any Obstacle To A Happy Marital Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.