Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. (28778 Views)

Ibrahim Pantami Seeks Reduction In Call, Data Tariff / MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by ebuclassic18(m): 11:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
when i go through some comments i see how unserious people could be everything now a joke one day FG will ban citizens from eating three times a day and some idiots will still use it as a joke,,,i think is high time we get matured and be serious for once not everything we should tolerate this is getting too much and people should speak out,this affect us more than them and their families enough of all this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by freeze001(f): 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
doctokwus:
This govt is long overdo for a massive street protest.
Allah,this increase has got on one's nerves.
The docility of Nigerians wud ultimately be our undoing.

Na una promote the tyrant na...Did u consider Nigerians docile during GEJ's time? He was rather considered 'too weak' and that's why u ppl boldly occupied Nigeria in 2012. You decided u wanted a very strong man only that brute strength is now visited on the masses who now shrink in fear...Go and protest na let's see. That's d docility u wanted...shebi they have planned operation snake dance for the SE?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Yemike(m): 11:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
shey dey wan deny us access to the internet ni? person dey manage sub and dey wan increase am again. mah go service my abandoned asha 210 mah dey manage am. e dey consume less data.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Akpantu: 11:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
I think that there is a big misunderstanding about NCC's directive to the big four operators to charge market determined prices rather than their current predatory anti-competitive data pricing that seeks to kill competition and destroy the industry. Doing otherwise would lead to an oligopolistic situation which would eventually increase prices prohibitively and threaten the same consumers that are complaining today.
I think that the problem here is that NCC has not done a good job of explaining this policy to the public leading to all the various interpretations that we are seeing, given people's sensitivity to paying market rates for data at a time like this.
It is either we support NCC to properly regulate this industry or accept the consequences of an industry that is sliding into unsustainable oligopoly. After all, NCC has consistently remained the best regulator in Nigeria which is why we have achieved the current enviable teledensity. How I wish that the CBN, NERC, SEC or all the other regulators have been as bold, balanced and progressive.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by seyoops4u: 11:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
HiliaryAutos:

Bros English calm down no be debate we dey do here...

Let me list the problem of masses for you maybe you don't know.

1.Masses don't get good food out there again, no good rice again, all we eat are bad rice because of custom and donate.

2.masses can't afford good food again because of the increment of food stuffs in the market.

3. Business men don't get good money from business because of rate of dollar.

4.salary earner pay don't pay bills anymore, unless illegal is involve for them to make much money to pay bills.

5.the rate which people die in this country this past few month are from road accident, why because no appropriate road infrastructure.

6. The same masses will be the one to clean up government mess, like fuel increment, ketosis, gas etc.

If I go on you go tire to read, if the government is favouring you then, don't Speck for other who can't stand it, no said what Mr president is doing is bad, at most let them less the pressure on the people of Nigerians,.

Go to embassy and the crowd who want to travel out of this country, no be say where them won go dey Okay too, because every country get them wahala too.

Kids are been killed for garri, in USA a woman stole food stuffs from a food store and they called the police to come arrest her, the police man got there and never arrested her but what did he do, he paid for the food she stole and bought her more food to take home. But not here in Nigeria, our problem in Nigeria start from the Top and it will stop at the top not with the pressure of the masses. Thanks no abuse me ooo

Lolzz...
you're funny tho.. why should I abuse you. I'll never do that.

BTW, I'm not benefiting from government. If you read between the lines, I'm just being indifferent. In the last line of my comment; I stated clearly that I'm not in support of the move.

I'm not a politician and I'm not going to be one either.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by freeze001(f): 11:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
kayalcomp:
I thought Buhari cared/feeled for the poor/ordinary people before becoming the President. Has Buhari changed? Is it true there are demons in Aso rock (that control our leaders in Villa any how) as reported. Me thinks social media was one of the tools by which our President ascend the post, why trying to tame it now? will this solve our economy problem? Can our Minister of Comm who is a LAWYER help with our communicarion system? These, and more beg for answer!

He never cared or felt for anyone and he made no pretence about it. U chose to shut ur eyes to his vindictive and wicked nature because of fake Tinubu media packaging. His dry and austere appearance alone is a major pointer of the level of bitterness he harbours.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by zanebaddo(m): 12:00am On Nov 30, 2016
Sai baba till afonjasssss die in numbers!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Omudia11: 12:02am On Nov 30, 2016
Nobody clicked share.....Lmao!
niqqa:
Click lick if u hate buhari
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Iamvictor(m): 12:10am On Nov 30, 2016
soberdrunk:
It has its advantages but the anger level of Nigerians is so high that nobody cares to even consider the advantages.... angry angry
what are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by tiwiex(m): 12:20am On Nov 30, 2016
niqqa:
Click lick if u hate buhari
people dey eager to click o. how many noticed the op type "lick" and not "like". i have clicked tho. how did it go so bad so fast?
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by cybriz82(m): 12:21am On Nov 30, 2016
the best thing now is for naija to kukuma died.....make everybody die mek no single person remain for dis world again abeg enuf is enuf....
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by passionate88: 12:22am On Nov 30, 2016
BrutalJab:
grin They will tell you that mmm is bad dont invest, so that you can remain poor and during election, you will be given 3k in exchange for your future. You will agree.

As a Mavrodian, I'm covered.

THIS IS THE CHANGE WE CHOSED!

Let's enjoy it.

If you chosed this change, I didn't. I never for once believed what tinubu and co said about buhari. I saw him for what he was then and he didn't disappoint me. He is the biggest fraud ever to come out of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by jahsson(m): 12:25am On Nov 30, 2016
Hehehe...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by passionate88: 12:31am On Nov 30, 2016
femijay8271:
seriously am really sad....pls enough is a enough!!!
why would you be sad? I know that you voted for the dullard
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Igbouwanile(m): 12:35am On Nov 30, 2016
am short of words.. but 1 thing is certain.. God Is Watching.. Man's Inhumanity to Man
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 30, 2016
...If buhari were G0D, will pay per second for the air we breathe!...# we must send back the ANTI-PEOPLE Dictator back to his cows @ daura!
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by passionate88: 12:49am On Nov 30, 2016
seyoops4u:

O ga Ade, calm down there... All these your ranting can't no solve nada.

When the past government were looting the countries funds, where were you ?

And don't think it's the fault of the current administration, If the foundation be destroy, what can the righteous do ?

Do you expect us to continue with the past administration ? Definitely, NO. Although, during the past admin. , there was money in circulation. So that people shouldnt suspect their deadly missions, because they were busy embezzling.
But I bet you, if we had continue with the past government, they'll use the country to borrow money that might take us back to slavery under the borrowee.

Though, I'm not in support of this move.

But the issue now is that they push things to the masses(Nigerians) , which they know we'll only rant about and after few weeks everybody will go back and adapt to it.

Come to think of it, they won't feel or know the impact of this.

Indirectly, we're paying back part of the embezzled funds.

Until the government push us the masses to the wall. But until then sha.

we say no to data price #SayNoToDataPriceIncrease

why can't you guys just let Jonathan be and concentrate on the dullard you guys voted for?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by goosast: 1:09am On Nov 30, 2016
All those who brought forth this mistake,plague,disease,cancer(Buhari and his administration) upon us(logical well meaning nigerians that saw the good in Gej) may their lives be worse than this present economy, whether high or low may evil never depart from their house.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Armstrong34(m): 1:11am On Nov 30, 2016
ebuclassic18:
when i go through some comments i see how unserious people could be everything now a joke one day FG will ban citizens from eating three times a day and some idiots will still use it as a joke,,,i think is high time we get matured and be serious for once not everything we should tolerate this is getting too much and people should speak out,this affect us more than them and their families enough of all this nonsense.
..... Dats who we are..... Imagine nairalanders are already making a joke with the scenario..... Nigerians can adjust to any condition buh y always negative.... Are we forbidden to enjoy one good tin or what
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by herzernIsHere: 1:26am On Nov 30, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Sir, it's because of this NCC mandated telecoms to increase data price as the revenue they get from voice calls has decreased due to free calls from whatsapp, IMO, Viber and the rest.

Wow!!...

Okay I see.....buh don't they(NCC) qet revenue from the data purchased by Niqerians??......
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by moshino(m): 1:41am On Nov 30, 2016
Flexherbal:
This government is funny ooo!
People never see money take buy food, them dey talk of increase data!!

Then concentrate on the food, forget the data, people were fine before gsm came.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 30, 2016
I see the hand of LIE MOHAMMED in this rubbish.He believed that because data is cheap,that is why some comment could be seen on social media.He forgot his source,definitely,he has planned to dry
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Irepib(m): 2:06am On Nov 30, 2016
Buhari is evil very useless government data again Kukuma carry gun kill all of us for Nigeria useless man zombie
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by seunlly(m): 2:10am On Nov 30, 2016
Wetin con be my own.
When Airtel never stop freebasics
grin
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Mujtahida: 2:16am On Nov 30, 2016
HiliaryAutos:

Bros English calm down no be debate we dey do here...

Let me list the problem of masses for you maybe you don't know.

1.Masses don't get good food out there again, no good rice again, all we eat are bad rice because of custom and donate.

2.masses can't afford good food again because of the increment of food stuffs in the market.

3. Business men don't get good money from business because of rate of dollar.

4.salary earner pay don't pay bills anymore, unless illegal is involve for them to make much money to pay bills.

5.the rate which people die in this country this past few month are from road accident, why because no appropriate road infrastructure.

6. The same masses will be the one to clean up government mess, like fuel increment, ketosis, gas etc.

If I go on you go tire to read, if the government is favouring you then, don't Speck for other who can't stand it, no said what Mr president is doing is bad, at most let them less the pressure on the people of Nigerians,.

Go to embassy and the crowd who want to travel out of this country, no be say where them won go dey Okay too, because every country get them wahala too.

Kids are been killed for garri, in USA a woman stole food stuffs from a food store and they called the police to come arrest her, the police man got there and never arrested her but what did he do, he paid for the food she stole and bought her more food to take home. But not here in Nigeria, our problem in Nigeria start from the Top and it will stop at the top not with the pressure of the masses. Thanks no abuse me ooo
One day you will realise that the word masses is a perversion. Throw it away. People are people not masses
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by loomer: 2:22am On Nov 30, 2016
Una Neva see anything
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by airforcee007: 2:24am On Nov 30, 2016
Kathmandu:
The only plus to it is that some nonsense threads that litter here will be curtailed
stupidity doesn't pay

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Mujtahida: 2:31am On Nov 30, 2016
The biggest thief and gangster is the government. I detest this lie, this fraud called government. Government is the most brutal criminal - worst than an highway man. Government steals from the people through the instrumentality of law. bandits use guns, government use laws. Bloodthirsty, violent, vicious, inhuman, sick, cold and unfeeling, that's what this abstract monster called government is.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by princeaja(m): 2:47am On Nov 30, 2016
The govt is misbehaving cos we d masses are mumu and olodos. Can't the youth come out and demonstrate? it happened in Venezuela, south korea. For how long are we going to sit down and pretend that all is good. I go for change in the govt. RISE UP FOR YOUR RIGHT

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by naijaking1: 3:05am On Nov 30, 2016
Anti-people government, that's how it works.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:18am On Nov 30, 2016
Sometimes what some of these people in power do defies common sense. So it is the common man’s money they want to use now to maintain their luxury lifestyle during this recession?
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by papoose999(m): 4:40am On Nov 30, 2016
soberdrunk:
It has its advantages but the anger level of Nigerians is so high that nobody cares to even consider the advantages.... angry angry
advantages?... What is this guy saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Etisalat Nigeria Statement On Fuel Scarcity / NCAA To Demolish Globacom Masts Nationwide Over ₦5.9 Billion Debts / How To Deal With Unwanted Phone Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.