Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,265 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. (28773 Views)

Ibrahim Pantami Seeks Reduction In Call, Data Tariff / MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by SycophanticGoat: 6:55am On Nov 30, 2016
doctokwus:
This govt is long overdo for a massive street protest.
Allah,this increase has got on one's nerves.
The docility of Nigerians wud ultimately be our undoing.

Hehehehe! I employ you to go protest while we stay back, manage the small data we have to read how you people have become target practice to blood guzzling Buhari soldiers.

I wish you all the best of luck..
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Ikennafabian651(m): 6:57am On Nov 30, 2016
Flexherbal:
This government is funny ooo!
People never see money take buy food, them dey talk of increase data!!

it's only in this our country Nigeria that all these diabolical activity will be going on now.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by manutdadex(m): 6:57am On Nov 30, 2016
Tolulopefinest:
#I think Nigeria is cursed
No Buhari is cursed! Nigerians are bad student of history!!
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Billygee2u: 7:02am On Nov 30, 2016
Flexherbal:
may God through this data increase ,let all zombies to repent from saying Sai baba and come out of ignorance
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by AlanSugar(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

God bless you my brother!

When my fellow South Easterners were massacred for protesting without arms, no one protested it from another section of the country and some people even cheered the army on, asking them to wipe out the Igbos.

When Shi'ites were massacred I'm cold blood, Nigerians from other sections of the country never protested, rather some demonic elements still supported them Army and police.

Fuel increase,
FIRS, NNPC, CBN, FRSC, NPF, Immigration, Customs, etc, all recruited secretly,
And so many other ills brought about by this demonic government yet no one protested. They now want to protest because of data price increase? May it never be well with me if I ever take to the streets to protest data increase. Of course I'll be affected but how would supposed human beings make Internet their priority when in fact most people in nigeria that patronize the Internet use it for chatting and many irrelevant things.

I disagree with you re "irrelevant things". Did you read the part where it was noted that most Nigerians use the Internet to maintain sanity as a result of unemployment due to either job loss or inability to acquire one? People really need the Internet for all sorts, job seekers, project-writing students, seminars, recipes for homes and restaurants, hotels and flights bookings..... The list is endless. Now tell me these and the many more are irrelevant?

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Pylony(m): 7:06am On Nov 30, 2016
JAMB 2017 EXAM EXPO.

QUESTION: Who will the tariff increment epp?

ANSWER: The elite in the society and bloody smart criminals who rob with pens aka Politicians.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by uzolexis(f): 7:06am On Nov 30, 2016
MARKone:

Exactly, we just had a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea. It is what pathetic, I think I'll align with the fact that Nigeria will never get it right with her leaders, there is something...maybe spiritual that u fundamentally wrong with the country.

There is nothing spiritual about it, that's the problem with Africans, we never want to take responsibility for anything, we blame spirits. We are the architects of our problems we Nigerians, we call sell our allegiance for temporary gratification, a bag of rice, N1000 etc
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by manutdadex(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2016
seyoops4u:

O ga Ade, calm down there... All these your ranting can't no solve nada.

When the past government were looting the countries funds, where were you ?

And don't think it's the fault of the current administration, If the foundation be destroy, what can the righteous do ?

Do you expect us to continue with the past administration ? Definitely, NO. Although, during the past admin. , there was money in circulation. So that people shouldnt suspect their deadly missions, because they were busy embezzling.
But I bet you, if we had continue with the past government, they'll use the country to borrow money that might take us back to slavery under the borrowee.

Though, I'm not in support of this move.

But the issue now is that they push things to the masses(Nigerians) , which they know we'll only rant about and after few weeks everybody will go back and adapt to it.

Come to think of it, they won't feel or know the impact of this.

Indirectly, we're paying back part of the embezzled funds.

Until the government push us the masses to the wall. But until then sha.

we say no to data price #SayNoToDataPriceIncrease
leave jonah out or dis!! Buhari has ntin upstairs! If u want to GEt rid of competition let them have ur job.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by SycophanticGoat: 7:09am On Nov 30, 2016
AlanSugar:

I disagree with you re "irrelevant things". Did you read the part where it was noted that most Nigerians use the Internet to maintain sanity as a result of unemployment due to either job loss or inability to acquire one? People really need the Internet for all sorts, job seekers, project-writing students, seminars, recipes for homes and restaurants, hotels and flights bookings..... The list is endless. Now tell me these and the many more are irrelevant?

Well, it's quite clear that people need Internet but since when did this become more important than human lives? If they didn't protest (rather many people supported the massacres) then, it simply means that we Nigerians don't value human lives, especially when the lives don't come from their tribe.

The so-called activists that brought this demon to power in the guise of fighting corruption were all there when corrupt practices were perpetrated by this government but they never protested (since they claimed corruption fight was their priority in selecting a government); they never protested the practices of the kitchen cabinet of this administration neither did they protest the recruitment scams perpetrated by this government.

Data shouldn't stand above more important things that has to do with lives.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by AlanSugar(m): 7:30am On Nov 30, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Well, it's quite clear that people need Internet but since when did this become more important than human lives? If they didn't protest (rather many people supported the massacres) then, it simply means that we Nigerians don't value human lives, especially when the lives don't come from their tribe.

The so-called activists that brought this demon to power in the guise of fighting corruption were all there when corrupt practices were perpetrated by this government but they never protested (since they claimed corruption fight was their priority in selecting a government); they never protested the practices of the kitchen cabinet of this administration neither did they protest the recruitment scams perpetrated by this government.

I never quoted you re your human lives complaint, the stories you peddle in that angle may not necessarily portray the actual events as reported. If you check again on my mention, I specifically noted on data which is the subject matter. You may wish to direct your complaints to the human rights section, no offence.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by joegigs(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2016
We d poor masses are now dia source of income,dat is dia crude oil.OK.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by kstix(m): 7:39am On Nov 30, 2016
soberdrunk:
It has its advantages but the anger level of Nigerians is so high that nobody cares to even consider the advantages.... angry angry
Pls enlighten us. What advantages? Is like they are frying akara on ur head
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Denchturbo: 7:44am On Nov 30, 2016
#OCCUPYNIGERIA
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Chrisx1x(m): 8:00am On Nov 30, 2016
RIZLER:
please I have been begging God for buhari to die please God my greatest gift for Christmas would be buhari's death please God do this thing for me,I swear I will give my life to you father lord
ME TOO
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by hush15: 8:02am On Nov 30, 2016
Flexherbal:

Nigerians are just funny. I don't understand the complain...

Everyone keep complaining but when it's time to make the government of the day sit tight and review their policies through the ballot, Nigerians keep encouraging them by voting the same government in.

Buhari and APC keep frustrating Nigerians but they keep winning elections. Why won't they keep making tough policies on the people when they are encouraged and feel Nigerians are on the same page with them?

With the way things are going, even if they decide that every home in the country should not eat more that a plate a day, they will still win electoral votes and Nigerians will live with it.

It's now obvious that the problem of the country is not the government but the people. The Nigerian people don't have an idea of what they want but prefer what they are given. Greedy, hypocritical minds that lack vision of the bigger picture and unseen realities.

As far as me is concerned, let them increase the tariff or what ever, it doesn't matter. Nigerians will only make mouth and we will all deal with it. We sold our votes for all these and you can plant apple to reap banana. And those that should vote right but didn't vote...

Ntoor.... will all suffer the fate. Useless people, stupid country

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by SycophanticGoat: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2016
AlanSugar:

I never quoted you re your human lives complaint, the stories you peddle in that angle may not necessarily portray the actual events as reported. If you check again on my mention, I specifically noted on data which is the subject matter. You may wish to direct your complaints to the human rights section, no offence.

If my complaints should be directed to the human rights section, then why quote me in the first place?
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by VajanahDischaj(f): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2016
Atiku2019:
This is just the WORST Government in the History of Nigeria.... I Think Buhari has to pay his Online Zombies N8million a week because it's not easy defending incompetence Walahi cry

One Step Forward, Twenty Steps Backward cry

Well I'll rather Vote for an Atiku than Vote for 150% Incompetent Buhari.... My hands are tied.

How many Likes for an Atiku over an Incompetent Buhari? cry
ATIKU 2da bone!
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by seyoops4u: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2016
manutdadex:
leave jonah out or dis!! Buhari has ntin upstairs! If u want to GEt rid of competition let them have ur job.

Chu!!! and what do you mean by this "If u want to GEt rid of competition let them have ur job" and what has it gotten to do with the topic of discussion ?

And When I was writing, I didn't mention any name, did I ? After all, the name you mention wasn't the only one that has ruled us in Nigeria, he just one of those that ruled us.

I think you should read between the lines next time before you quote me.

In the last Line I stated clearly that I'm not in support of the move.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by seyoops4u: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2016
passionate88:

why can't you guys just let Jonathan be and concentrate on the dullard you guys voted for?

And did I mention any Jonathan in my comment ?

Or how is that you people don't read between the lines, or he's the only past president we've had in this country ?

Chu! ....
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2016
herzernIsHere:

Wow!!...

Okay I see.....buh don't they(NCC) qet revenue from the data purchased by Niqerians??......

In my opinion, revenue from data purchase is quite low compared to that from voice calls.

Do you know how much someone people use to make calls monthly before the advent of free voice call apps? Some 50k, some 100k and even higher. Compare the amounts with data prices and you'll see the reason behind this impromptu data price increase by NCC.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2016
I've forgotten. What again do you call someone that derives pleasure from people's suffering? Somebody is it.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by passionate88: 8:21am On Nov 30, 2016
seyoops4u:

And did I mention any Jonathan in my comment ?

Or how is that you people don't read between the lines, or he's the only past president we've had in this country ?

Chu! ....
you wrote past administration not past administrations
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by seyoops4u: 8:26am On Nov 30, 2016
passionate88:
you wrote past administration not past administrations

A mistake, I meant Past administrations.

Are you cool now ?
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by hush15: 8:36am On Nov 30, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Well, you did be surprise the relevance of data to human existence in today's global economy. The simple law at work here is relativity. When the cost of data goes up, everything concerning it goes up too. Do you know the many ways internet has impacted lives? Wasco, jamb, those filling the so called N Power programs to say the least relevants. When you go to a cafe and they tell you to check your results is over 2000 Naira or the net time of 30 mins you get for 100 becomes 250 and the cafe network is as slow as only God know what and you eventually spend 3 hours...

Have you thought of the impact of getting data on your phones where you access information easily and quickly but but might not be able to afford that consistently anymore. Even the larger corps will feel it too

When prices goes up, demand falls says economics and when demand falls, income is impacted. Potential job loss on the way. Those telcos will begin to take undue advantage also on call rates and data tariffs. The multiplier effect is just great in a society where everything is done on the net.

So, data has become an integral part of human existence not important more than the order but symbiotic to one another. An impact on A will verily affect the other in immeasurable ways.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by manutdadex(m): 8:40am On Nov 30, 2016
seyoops4u:

Chu!!! and what do you mean by this "If u want to GEt rid of competition let them have ur job" and what has it gotten to do with the topic of discussion ?

And When I was writing, I didn't mention any name, did I ? After all, the name you mention wasn't the only one that has ruled us in Nigeria, he just one of those that ruled us.

I think you should read between the lines next time before you quote me.

In the last Line I stated clearly that I'm not in support of the move.

all buhari and apc wanted was power and now that they av it they cant even steady d ship. We knw our past leaders have failed us but wat abt d present govt...wat are we doing abt it?
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by SycophanticGoat: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2016
hush15:

Well, you did be surprise the relevance of data to human existence in today's global economy. The simple law at work here is relativity. When the cost of data goes up, everything concerning it goes up too. Do you know the many ways internet has impacted lives? Wasco, jamb, those filling the so called N Power programs to say the least relevants. When you go to a cafe and they tell you to check your results is over 2000 Naira or the net time of 30 mins you get for 100 becomes 250 and the cafe network is as slow as only God know what and you eventually spend 3 hours...

Have you thought of the impact of getting data on your phones where you access information easily and quickly but but might not be able to afford that consistently anymore. Even the larger corps will feel it too

When prices goes up, demand falls says economics and when demand falls, income is impacted. Potential job loss on the way. Those telcos will begin to take undue advantage also on call rates and data tariffs. The multiplier effect is just great in a society where everything is done on the net.

So, data has become an integral part of human existence not important more than the order but symbiotic to one another. An impact on A will verily affect the other in immeasurable ways.

Hmmm, all I know is that I will be in my house when people decides to go out and protest against a government they hailed into using brutal force to curtail peaceful protests.

I will be on nairaland here, opening threads an typing Eiyah and RIP to the folks who deem it fit to go out there. I may not even type anything because data don cost. May just like any comment that says anything I had in mind.

All the best to protesters, whoever you are that must have cheered this government in the past. I advise all critics of this administration from the onset to remain indoors. Good luck to others.. cool cool
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by simtosul: 9:10am On Nov 30, 2016
Meanwhile I av subscribe ahead their data increase using mtn pulse of #500 for 1 gig after loading #5,500. Before February next year I wil av money for another subscription

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Originalsly: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2016
We should be concerned about the power of the head of the CBN.... that he can wake up one morning and decide to order a raise on cost of data. Is he above above all rules and regulations and procedures? He needs to be put in check.
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by RobinHez(m): 9:51am On Nov 30, 2016
hobermener:
Talk about a country getting fùcked in the arse!!! I laugh uncontrollably when some on here threaten to kick buhari out with their voters card come 2019. Anyone who thumb printed beside the demonic broom waving logo grin in 2015 and was oblivious of the fact that he or she was giving buhari an 8 year mandate is probably more daft than buhari himself, (Edo and ondo states vindicate my assertion)
No one protested the fuel hike.
No one protested the padded budget.
No one protested the gross mismanagement of the economy.
Job racketeering was swept under the carpet.

But everyone is losing sleep over a proposed hike in data plans, which goes a long way to show what our priorities are - sit back and gossip the elites, while they plunge the country into the abyss!!!

Word.!

Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by hush15: 9:55am On Nov 30, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Hmmm, all I know is that I will be in my house when people decides to go out and protest against a government they hailed into using brutal force to curtail peaceful protests.

I will be on nairaland here, opening threads an typing Eiyah and RIP to the folks who deem it fit to go out there. I may not even type anything because data don cost. May just like any comment that says anything I had in mind.

All the best to protesters, whoever you are that must have cheered this government in the past. I advise all critics of this administration from the onset to remain indoors. Good luck to others.. cool cool

Very valid point.

When I remember the IPOB youths, the massacred Shiites and others,

I stand with you on these....
Re: Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. by Obiwiz(m): 9:58am On Nov 30, 2016
Nobody is laughing at GEJ being clueless again? Hahaha, this one na morning for una. Road still far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

11 Hilarious Ways The Internet Reacted To The Iphone 7 Release / 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? / Etisalat Nigeria Statement On Fuel Scarcity

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78