Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 (80135 Views)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Ighalo Wins Man Of The Match / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AFCON (3 - 2) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by naijaseeker: 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
freshyd:

Lol funny I am actually from Edo state. She is my sister too but I am far from impressed with her. I could not see her input in the team. We played long balls way too much. She won though and yeah i give her credit but it was more of the players effort because apart from mali and kenya we could not string passes together except long balls. If we play any top team in women's football like that we will be losing with wide margins like we did in the early 2000's to the likes of USA and Sweden.

She contributed her quota.

Okon may have used Dede or a Whyte in the goal, but Jonathan was outstanding. Imagine if Jonathan had gone to the world cup. She brought back Chikwelu to the team, and she had the nerves to bench Oparanozie in the first three matches. She also was courageous enough to substitute Ordega with Wogu when Ordega was out of steam.

The truth is, the current generation of falcons need to be slowly retired off, a Chinwendu Ihezuo, Rashidat Ajibade, Joy Borokiri and Wogu need to be eased in.

She is not perfect but she needs encouragement, training and time. And she won in her first assignment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by DeRay98(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
freshyd:

Lol I am not hating just saying these things now so that when we play ghana 2018 nations cup and lose woefully you guys won't ask why? Or if we go to the world cup and it is a repeat of the women u17 and u20 performances this year. Did you like the type of soccer they played? Cause me I did not and I think I am not alone.

The character of a team is not always how well they played but also knowing how to win a difficult circumstance.
While the U-17 was poor, the U-20 suffered from poor preparation for the tournament. Though losing woefully in their match but they proved their worth by winning their last 2 matches.
Man, i have watched all the generations of Super Falcons from their first in the 90s. Live them a beg. The coach definitely needs to improve she can learn from experience and improve.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijaseeker:

Okon may have used Dede or a Whyte in the goal, but Jonathan was outstanding. Imagine if Jonathan had gone to the world cup. She brought back Chikwelu to the team, and she had the nerves to bench Oparanozie in the first three matches. She also was courageous enough to substitute Ordega with Wogu when Ordega was out of steam.

The truth is, the current generation of falcons need to be slowly retired off, a Chinwendu Ihezuo, Rashidat Ajibade, Joy Borokiri and Wogu need to be eased in.

She is not perfect but she needs encouragement, training and time. And she won in her first assignment.
The way una take sabi Nigerian female football ehnn. I used to be like you when i was young during the days of Nwokocha.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by naijaseeker: 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
Afam4eva:

The way una take sabi Nigerian female football ehnn. I used to be like you when i was young during the days of Nwokocha.

Lol. I have always followed Nigerian football from China '85, the golden eaglets, Maroc 88, Seoul 88 and the Super Falcons from Ann Chiejile, Ifeanyi Chiejienne, Stella Mbachu, Omagbemi, Avre, through the years and I am quite old wink

Amyway I get your comment but my point is, we need patience with her, patience and encouragement.

Nigerian teams need better NFF not better coaches

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Bgorgeous: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
Congratulations gurls
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by naijaseeker: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Who knows the MVP for the competition.

I believe Jonathan was the MVP for the match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by femi4: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
grandlexuz:

Why you deh vex nor.. I am a Cameroonian and should support my team. So far I have done that with humour and sportsmanship..
Don't worry....your time will come....though I don't know when it ll come
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Icon4s(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
grandlexuz:

Why you deh vex nor.. I am a Cameroonian and should support my team. So far I have done that with humour and sportsmanship..

You are not a CAMEROUNIAN.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
fellow nairalanders the NIGERIAN NO.17 HER NAME IS FRANCISCA ORDEGA AND NOLYWOOD TOP COMIC ACTOR'S NAME IS FRANCIS ORDEGA..THIS FAMILY IS EITHER GOOD OR THOSE NAMES COMES WITH GLORY..CLICK LIKE IF YOU NEVER THOUGHT OF IT AND SHARE IF YOU DID..BUT BE HONEST OOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
robosky02:
African Women’s Cup Of Nations (AWCON):

10th FINALS

Cameroon vs Nigeria

Date :Sat. 3rd Dec, 2016

Time: 15:30 pm (3:30 PM Nigerian Time)

Venue: Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo, Yaoundé Cameroon

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competitions/10theditionwomensafcon-cameroon2016.aspx/matchdetails?MatchId=5Cku3n2mZziSWwvrIwoFQfnIhYET5KaqfXm8D09evi%2bygNC4FpKZpyLng4bKyuIR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by shizzy7(f): 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
optional1:
We Won

yes! yes!! yes!!!

TheSuperNerd klexycole femi4 shizzy7 mikron(always missing the match) *my humble dad* robosky02 blueto.

Is nice doing business with you guys this year much love....

Loool, this girls are just too good. They are on another level.
Africa should be scared of them.
WoW!!!! Football is green.....
Congrats Nigeria!!!

Up falcons..
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Unimaginable123: 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
I so love these our girls. They don't talk. Ghana made noise they will win us, we trashed the. SA made noise they will win us, we trashed them. Cameroon came with their noise, we have trashed them as well.
Coach Fayemi is the best. She's not into joining issues. Ask her questions, she will give u same simple standard answer "we are taking one game at a time"
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Smooyis(m): 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
ritababe:
It is overrrrrrr we are champion of Africa
Again shocked grin grin angry grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Smooyis(m): 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
Congratulations to our golden super Falcons. I have always been proud of you. Congratulations Nigerians, even when we are down (recession) we are still winning laurels. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijaseeker:

Exactly, I am not his great fan, but I realized the fault lay with No Future Ambition aka NFF and the Sports Ministry. The Cameroun coach has been with the team since 2010. They appeared in the CAF AFCON finals two times, qualified to the Olympics and to the world cup and advanced beyond the group stage.

In Nigeria, we have excellent players and it is their individual skills that make the difference for us.

Imagine if the Cameroonians had an Oshoala or Oparanozie as a finisher today, it would have been disastrous for Nigeria
True we need a coach that can make those individuals work as a team. I just hope this lady Florence Omagbemi can actually improve this team else if we play this at Ghana 2018 we are doomed cause in my opinion we were a bit lucky against Ghana, SA and Cameroun
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Vikky014(f): 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
Donbabaj:
We need to bring our falcons' defenders into our super eagles team
LMAO. EXACTLY
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
la decimal grin

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
more grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijaseeker:

Nailed on
I'd like to see Bokiri, Ihezuo, Ajibade, Onyinyechi (U-20 keeper), Kenneth (U-17 center back) and Aminat Yakubu at the 2018 AWCON and/or the 2019 World Cup.
Ihezuo has the added benefit of being a natural left-footed forward, which we lacked at this just concluded AWCON.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
more....

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
When you see the “The O3”

Fear them

FRANCISCA ORDEGA
DESIRE OPARANOZIE
ASISAT OSHOALA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Kenniexpress(m): 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
I have high hopes for our Super Falcons.The team is okay ,But still needs some balance.By the time the likes of Chinwendu Ihezuo,Rasheedat Ajibade,Chinaza Uchendu,Uchenna Kanu,Yetunde Adeboyejo,Courtney Dike,Sophia Omidiji,Who are the generation next,And the new ones like Success Wogu,Osas Igbinoba,Uchechi Sunday,Gladys Akpa who are within the periphery of the team are eased in,Then the Sky might just be the starting point for our ''All conquering Super Falcons".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by pamcode(m): 10:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
congrats to the super falcons.Optional1 you need to buy drinks for me to celebrate this victory.This is the seventh time we are ruling Africa
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by naijaseeker: 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kenniexpress:
I have high hopes for our Super Falcons.The team is okay ,But still needs some balance.By the time the likes of Chinwendu Ihezuo,Rasheedat Ajibade,Chinaza Uchendu,Uchenna Kanu,Yetunde Adeboyejo,Courtney Dike,Sophia Omidiji,Who are the generation next,And the new ones like Success Wogu,Osas Igbinoba,Uchechi Sunday,Gladys Akpa who are within the periphery of the team are eased in,Then the Sky might just be the starting point for our ''All conquering Super Falcons".

Just imagine, Ebi is well over 30, this may well be her last for the falcons, who can step into her shoes?

Perpetua Nkwocha was very good but I think Okobi is doing well if not perfect. Ugochi for Mercy Akide, but we simply lack succession and transition, we wait till the disaster. Dede was eased in to take over from Ann Chiejile but nobody was eased in for Dede, we waited for her to embarrass herself at Canada, but in her days, she was excellent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijaseeker:

Just imagine, Ebi is well over 30, this may well be her last for the falcons, who can step into her shoes?

Perpetua Nkwocha was very good but I think Okobi is doing well if not perfect. Ugochi for Mercy Akide, but we simply lack succession and transition, we wait till the disaster. Dede was eased in to take over from Ann Chiejile but nobody was eased in for Dede, we waited for her to embarrass herself at Canada, but in her days, she was excellent.

Kenneth (forgotten her first name) from the U-17 team looked solid in center back at the U-17 world cup. She could very well be Ohale's center-back partner at the next world cup.
I expect this tournament to be the last for Ikidi, who is 29. In her place, Ngozi Ebere, should get the starting spot.
Joy Bokiri has a future in the Super Falcons midfield too.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by mikron(m): 11:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
robosky02:
thank you guys

NIGERIAS FINEST SPORTS GANG

LETS GO THERE grin cheesy tongue

ItsQuinn, safarigirl, shizzy7, Smellymouth, Mediapace, , suwalee, optional1, cruzita, klexycole, blueto, TheSuperNerd, mikron, Ajibel, honeric01
once again the girls prove themselves in the continent, i was laughing just watching the puzzled face of issa hayatou in the stands cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by osheeynoni(m): 11:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
kogistar:
who win third place between hgana vs SA?
Ghana noni
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by mikron(m): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
optional1:
We Won

yes! yes!! yes!!!

TheSuperNerd klexycole femi4 shizzy7 mikron(always missing the match) *my humble dad* robosky02 blueto.

Is nice doing business with you guys this year much love....

the love i have for the girls is eba-listic. the land is always green kiss kiss

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by femi4: 2:13am On Dec 04, 2016
freshyd:

If that will help why not but I doubt they will even send her. We won the trophy and in Nigeria we only improve when we fail. I understand its her first tournament but I don't think she has done well that is why I am saying she should resign. Uche the former coach was also like her and when she won the trophy we played well. Edwin Okon the last coach he also won the african cup and played good football even at the world cup level. We actually knew had to string passes and not long balls his problem was tactics. He played the same football in our 3 matches. It worked in the 1st game against Sweden then the other highly technical coaches decided not to play high defensive line that suits our front line especially Oshoala. We could not change our way of playing. They should have sent him to a course and not sack him if they could not get someone better than him.
All African teams are way behind the best in the World. Its not about the coaching crew, we just can't give what you don't have.

I guess some day we will get there. Give her credit for:

Playing Alaba Jonathan in goal

Bringing along Oparanozie despite her early injury scare

Bringing in Wogu for Ordega

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by mikron(m): 2:29am On Dec 04, 2016
Unimaginable123:
I so love these our girls. They don't talk. Ghana made noise they will win us, we trashed the. SA made noise they will win us, we trashed them. Cameroon came with their noise, we have trashed them as well.
Coach Fayemi is the best. She's not into joining issues. Ask her questions, she will give u same simple standard answer "we are taking one game at a time"
the name of our coach is florence omagbemi not fayemi and we did not thrash ghana, we played a 1 all draw. wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by mikron(m): 2:30am On Dec 04, 2016
klexycole:
Congratulation girls. You conquered Africa!

By the way, N30,000 waiting for you. grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game / Akwa Ibom State Intl Stadium Opening – PROGRAMME OF EVENT / Croatian President Stormed Stadium To Watch Croatia Vs Russia Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.