Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography (16953 Views)

Read How Igbos Humilated Ikwerres For Not Supporting Biafra In Elechi Amadi's Au / Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning / PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by ificatchmodeh: 12:44am On Nov 30, 2016
lyricalpontiff:
Maybe an Igbo man should run for governor of rivers state let's see if he can win a polling unit not even in obigbo

Ibo men don dey rule rivers state since 99..
Do not be decieve..all this Ikwerre ibo wahala..all na political.

Guess you will never ever understand..

Ask your folks..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by AkinPhysicist: 1:46am On Nov 30, 2016
cool grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by naijaking1: 2:40am On Nov 30, 2016
lyricalpontiff:

The igbo agenda failed and it will keep failing because Ikwerres will never in the ever of evers agree to be Igbos.
The question is will Igbos accept Ikweres as Igbos, not the other way round.
Igbos know Igbo b'igbo! Do you qualify?

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 30, 2016
galeiiTNA:

Iyalla is his first name. People give their kids names that are their tribal names. However his family name is Amadi, which is Igbo
That is wrong his name is priye iyalla-amadi
I pointed that out because you where using names as a base for your argument, do you know that okoro is a benin name
http://edonationsatelite..com.ng/2016/06/retrieveing-name-okoro-from-other-tribes.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 5:00am On Nov 30, 2016
pazienza:

This was your first post. "elective office" is the bone of contention here.

And the answer is yes! It's an elective post. You have to be elected by a people elected by the people.

Stop running around in cycles.
It was not an elective office .It was not an office of any functional description. So stop trying to be clever by half.It was a ceremonial office. There never was any such thing as a Mayoralty of Enugu.

Stop trying to divert attention the real bone of contention is your lying, You lied that the fellow won the election in Port Harcourt and when called out instead of admitting in typical fashion refuse to apologize and insist we move on to the next focus of your choosing. We are not talking about Enugu here.
We are discussing Port Harcourt where you shamelessly claimed your brother won the election ,he did not just admit gracefully you were wrong .

6 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Noneroone(m): 6:36am On Nov 30, 2016
@ pazienza you should have listened to the person who asked you not to reply the thread. The op is not looking for clarifications, he wants to make igbophobic argument for the sake of it.

@ the topic, divisive elements exist everywhere. In my town in the 80s one man who town union politics did not favour fought hard to create what he called autonomous community in one of the quarters of my town. He even tried to rename the village claiming it was the previous name. But politician from my town went to withdraw it on the eve of the announcement in Enugu. He later died and his death brought peace to my town.
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by lyricalpontiff(m): 6:39am On Nov 30, 2016
Noneroone:
@ pazienza you should have listened to the person who asked you not to reply the thread. The op is not looking for clarifications, he wants to make igbophobic argument for the sake of it.

@ the topic, divisive elements exist everywhere. In my town in the 80s one man who town union politics did not favour fought hard to create what he called autonomous community in one of the quarters of my town. He even tried to rename the village claiming it was the previous name. But politician from my town went to withdraw it on the eve of the announcement in Enugu. He later died and his death brought peace to my town.

No he wants the world to see how dubious the igbos are

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:06am On Nov 30, 2016
Im Yoruba. How do I know that Obinna, which I always associate ethnically as Ibo, is actually not Ibo but Ikwerre? It gets more confusing if I meet an Obinna tomorrow and think he is Ikwerre but discover he is Ibo.

When it comes to name, dress, customs, food, where does Ibo stop and Ikwerre begin? In others words, what differentiates one from the other?

11 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by PFRB: 8:20am On Nov 30, 2016
lyricalpontiff:
Do you know that an Igbo man was mayor of port harcourt for years?
God in heaven saved us from the evil plot of these igbo people.
They almost put Aba inside Rivers state infact Aba was the de facto capital of Rivers State.

Was there an Edo man that was mayor of Port Harcourt??. Answer this question. Was there a Hausa man that was mayor of Enugu? Answer this question.
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by zendy: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

Iyalla is an ijaw name

You can answer anything as your first nanme, what matters is your last name.
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by NDPVF(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
Im Yoruba. How do I know that Obinna, which I always associate ethnically as Ibo, is actually not Ibo but Ikwerre? It gets more confusing if I meet an Obinna tomorrow and think he is Ikwerre but discover he is Ibo.

When it comes to name, dress, customs, food, where does Ibo stop and Ikwerre begin? In others words, what differentiates one from the other?
for the first time i agree with a yoruba. Let them ikwerres tell us the difference between them and igbo people. Bunch of confused dots. I have said it and i will continue to say it,the phantom Niger Delta without a bigger group like Igbo people to be a stabilizing force/factor,will go up in flames in just 6months.
So if i see emeka,obi or chukudi,i should be scared to call him igbo because he may turn out to be ikwerre?.isnt it madness?. I have adviced those confused lots to find a where to distingiush themselves starting with bearng Bini names and speakng bini language because they claim to be bini's,and allow igbo people bear their name and speak their language alone. It sucks to be an ikwerre!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2016
zendy:

His first name is preye and his last name is iyalla-amadi

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 30, 2016
zendy:

His first name is preye and his last name is iyalla-amadi, maybe Ijaws should start claiming ikwerres by this your logic, its best to live people to identify as what dey choose, Abeg mk una liv ikwerre people alone, rumu nwenem meka ohhh

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

His first name is preye and his last name is iyalla-amadi, maybe Ijaws should start claiming ikwerres by this your logic, its best to live people to identify as what dey choose, Abeg mk una liv ikwerre people alone, rumu nwenem meka ohhh
@bolded: PATHETIC

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by darknetcom: 9:14am On Nov 30, 2016
igbos should learn diplomacy not only economics..

because you have money doesnt mean people will automaticaly follow you...

they should learn to talk with none igbo tribes..

if you can not even understand urhobos what makes you think you can just plan something without urhobos..

ijaws,ikwerres and so many more..
they dont like to talk they only want to be angry...

this biafra thing will not work..

6 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 30, 2016
iSlayer2:

@bolded: PATHETIC
undecided haters
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by pazienza(m): 9:34am On Nov 30, 2016
omonnakoda:
It was not an elective office .It was not an office of any functional description. So stop trying to be clever by half.It was a ceremonial office. There never was any such thing as a Mayoralty of Enugu.

Stop trying to divert attention the real bone of contention is your lying, You lied that the fellow won the election in Port Harcourt and when called out instead of admitting in typical fashion refuse to apologize and insist we move on to the next focus of your choosing. We are not talking about Enugu here.
We are discussing Port Harcourt where you shamelessly claimed your brother won the election ,he did not just admit gracefully you were wrong .

You are still running away from your shadows.

From talking about elective post, you shifted to General elections. Now you shifting to job description.

Was Altine elected Mayor of Enugu? Answer is Yes! And that's the end of it. He wasn't appointed, he was elected by a group of Igbo people.

Enugu and Porthacourt were the major towns in the defunct Eastern region, and just as Ikwerre people had to deal with the multi sub Igbo groups who had migrated to PH, so did the owner's of the land in which the Enugu was built on had to deal with the multi sub Igbo groups in Enugu.
And if Enugu people broke away from the Igbo nation yesterday like Ikwerre did, they would also have been talking of fabled "Igbo" colonization of Enugu land. Igbos in this content being the rest of Igbo nation order than themselves.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by rusher14: 9:48am On Nov 30, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

That is wrong his name is priye iyalla-amadi
I pointed that out because you where using names as a base for your argument, do you know that okoro is a benin name
http://edonationsatelite..com.ng/2016/06/retrieveing-name-okoro-from-other-tribes.html?m=1

Even Urhobos bear the name.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 9:55am On Nov 30, 2016
pazienza:

You are still running away from your shadows.

From talking about elective post, you shifted to General elections. Now you shifting to job description.

Was Altine elected Mayor of Enugu? Answer is Yes! And that's the end of it. He wasn't appointed, he was elected by a group of Igbo people.

Enugu and Porthacourt were the major towns in the defunct Eastern region, and just as Ikwerre people had to deal with the multi sub Igbo groups who had migrated to PH, so did the owner's of the land in which the Enugu was built on had to deal with the multi sub Igbo groups in Enugu.
And if Enugu people broke away from the Igbo nation yesterday like Ikwerre did, they would also have been talking of fabled "Igbo" colonization of Enugu land. Igbos in this content being the rest of Igbo nation order than themselves.

It won't work we are discussing Port Harcourt here okay. I see why the Ikwerre people flushed you down the drain and off their Facebook page.

Can you be graceful enough to admit your lies about the Egu fellow winning the election in PH it is a LIE.

Then stick to the topic of this thread and stop telling us about Eboes becoming MPs in Poland .It is irrelevant

Are you telling us that the Ikwerre people broke away in 1963 when this incident happened shocked shocked shocked

I thought you folk always claimed they broke away after Biafra. grin

Like I said you guys lie like 6 year old children

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 30, 2016
rusher14:

Yea
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 10:07am On Nov 30, 2016
rusher14:

and Ijaws with a different pronunciation

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by Omudia11: 10:10am On Nov 30, 2016
What name?
rusher14:

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by galeiiTNA: 10:25am On Nov 30, 2016
omonnakoda:

It won't work we are discussing Port Harcourt here okay. I see why the Ikwerre people flushed you down the drain and off their Facebook page.

Can you be graceful enough to admit your lies about the Egu fellow winning the election in PH it is a LIE.

Then stick to the topic of this thread and stop telling us about Eboes becoming MPs in Poland .It is irrelevant

Are you telling us that the Ikwerre people broke away in 1963 when this incident happened shocked shocked shocked

I thought you folk always claimed they broke away after Biafra. grin

Like I said you guys lie like 6 year old children

There was no 'we are not igbos' before the civil war.
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 10:32am On Nov 30, 2016
galeiiTNA:

There was no 'we are not igbos' before the civil war.
So why was Ogbakor Ikwerre created?
Why did this incident in Port Harcourt in 1963 happen

Why did the Ikwerre insist on their own Bible?

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:44am On Nov 30, 2016
omonnakoda:

The Ikwerre wanted their own Bible What language will it printed in, is it still not Ibo?
Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by galeiiTNA: 10:47am On Nov 30, 2016
omonnakoda:

IS this your defense?

Ogbakor Ikwerre is a town's group that organizes town's meeting for its indigenes. Most towns have it

My question is, no tribe is named after its local govt, not tiv, idoma, efik, etc except ikwerre. You know why, cos Ikwerre is nothing more than a community and not a tribe

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 10:48am On Nov 30, 2016
galeiiTNA:

IS this your defense?

Ogbakor Ikwerre is a town's group that organizes town's meeting for its indigenes. Most towns have it

My question is, no tribe is named after its local govt, not tiv, idoma, efik, etc except ikwerre. You know why, cos Ikwerre is nothing more than a community and not a tribe
I need a defense? Who is attacking me?
I suggest you get a dictionary to check the meaning of the word tribe clearly you do not know the meaning.
Tiv ,Efik,Idoma and so on are NOT tribes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

The Ikwerre wanted their own Bible What language will it printed in, is it still not Ibo?
The Ikwerre Bible is not a plan but a reality and it is published in the Ikwerre language

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:51am On Nov 30, 2016
galeiiTNA:

IS this your defense?

small boy, tell me about this Bible thingy. What did you all do that make those people not want to use your Bible? You see why it would be hard for Ibo to enter heaven.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 10:51am On Nov 30, 2016
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRumuola

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:52am On Nov 30, 2016
omonnakoda:

The Ikwerre Bible is not a plan but a reality and it is published in the Ikwerre language

I thought Ikwerre speak a dialect of Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography by omonnakoda: 10:56am On Nov 30, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

I thought Ikwerre speak a dialect of Ibo.
Why did you think that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue / Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet With Ondo NURTW Chairman On How To Rig Assembly Elections / Beyond The Protests: Towards A New Future For Nigerian Youths - Charles Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.