Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data (20770 Views)

USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction / Airtel Complete List Of Data Plan, Bundles, Subscription Codes And Prices / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by onosprince(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2016
Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by Ikenna73(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2016
Is Change season bro thank God for mmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2016
cramjones:
It is GEJ's fault!

-CramJones
According to onatisi, " by the time way baba deal with us finish our neck go turn like TOLOTOLO own" hahahaaaaaaa
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2016
Hehehehe! It's obvious we are heading back into the Stone Age.. other countries are giving their citizens free wifi, these dullards in power are fooling themselves

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by easy2016: 8:13am On Nov 30, 2016
oga ooo
Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by sireaxy(m): 8:13am On Nov 30, 2016
Buhari took everything from us from gala to indomie to rice now our data? He is inhumane!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by Yesitsme(f): 8:13am On Nov 30, 2016
the reason for the hike is to curtail the number of criticism coming from Nigerians against the administration in the social media.....no more no less. Bubu we hail thee

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by AJCs(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2016
They would revert it during 2019 electioneering campaign so as to woo the electorates and it would maintain its pre-election price after they must av won.
Beware!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by Wadosky(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2016
This is MURDER.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by wristbangle: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2016
I hate to admit but I have to. This current administration has lost it along side their fellow clueless lazy juggernauts called NCC. At first, the minister of communication and CBN governor supposed to be sacked immediately but unfortunately that cannot happen because we in live in a government system where the useless leaders see failure as success.

I mean, you took 10 steps and 100 steps backward, what kind of carelessness is this nau? Data being cheap is the only avenue students, unemployed and under employed graduates use for their various personal needs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by DarkTroll: 8:15am On Nov 30, 2016
eyeview:
It is in the interest of Nigeria that Buhari kicks the bucket soonest
How could we have voted a man whose great grandchildren should be preparing flowers for his grave be President?

This man has nothing good to input in this world seeing that he will be living it soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Dear my fellow Nigerian, A directive has been sent out by the Nigerian Communication Commission(NCC) to all telecommunication network in Nigeria. This will result in increase of data rates which will take effect from 1st of December, 2016. I am very sure your service provider has notified you about this development already.
In this year and time we live in, Data is suppose to be more affordable and not more expensive. And looking at the ease/advantages the internet has added to our everyday life, increment of data rates will only make it harder to access the internet thereby taking us backwards instead of forward.
Therefore, In disagreement with this move by NCC and telecommunication companies, we have made an effort stop this from taking effect by creating an online petition at Change.org and we need you to sign it to show your support. The link to the petition is: https://www.change.org/p/nigeria-communication-commission-ncc-data-plans-rates-by-carriers-in-nigeria-should-not-be-increased-by-ncc?recruiter=642402116&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Please I already believe you would sign this petition to show your support for us and against NCC. But you also have to share/re-broadcast this message to as many people as you can. Thank you as you do so

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by eyeview: 8:17am On Nov 30, 2016
DarkTroll:
How could we have voted a man whose great grandchildren should be preparing flowers for his grave be President?

This man has nothing good to input in this world seeing that he will be living it soon.
I didnt vote for him. I knew it would be like this but people were blinded by ethnic and religious sentiments.
The man should just do 130 million nigerians a favour and die

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by HARDDON: 8:18am On Nov 30, 2016
who is ncc working for?
Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by izmercy(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Sack ncc and minister of communications now

They are useless dimwits.
Who do you expect to sack them?
Is it the same person that sent them?
You don't punish obedient servant bro. They are FG dogs. They not there to serve or protect us (masses) its not painful but what's is sadden is those who get paid in the name of representing us.

Nigeria will only be better when we stop voting mediocre as representative.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by charloski(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2016
GEJ said we will remember him when he leaves....

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 30, 2016
kings09:
Spokespersons for buhari will rili find it hard to defend dis. A situation where virtually evrytin has bn taxed n followed wit dramatic price increase. One wonders whose interest dis current govt is protecting.

Imagine NCC (a regulator) ordering telcos to embark on such an increase. Pls wat stake does NCC have in dis sector or r they simply tryin to impress sai baba d junketeer on revenue generation or wat.

Wch kain useless govt be dis. Tot buhari said he z for d poor.
He lied

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2016
mrmrmister:
[size=13pt] I hope lightning strikes buhari dead tonight! angry angry [/size]
sorry its dry season grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by tobiasbeecher: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2016
sammyj:
This government is so wicked and anti people not minding the suffering they have already inflicted on the people since this administration resumed office. The masses should be getting set to flush out this government and his cronies in 2019.!!! angry shocked
Oboy when did you become a wailer? I thought you're a zombie? Oh, I see, the broom spell has been exorcised from you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by onatisi(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

According to onatisi, " by the time way baba deal with us finish our neck go turn like TOLOTOLO own" hahahaaaaaaa
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Leave them,they haven't seen anything ,by the time dss start picking up ppl for criticizing the government on the excuse of national security,they will understand

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by Josephjnr(m): 8:20am On Nov 30, 2016
They(Government) mismanaged(ing) our money thereby sending us into our current recession state and now they want to drain us dry of our little financial power through tax so as to knock down Nigeria. They should just come and collect this money from us at gun point so that it will be more obvious. Book Haram is just the beginning of terrorism in Nigeria,the government will force more stronger and dangerous men into terrorism if they continue in this manner. The hatred in me for the government is getting beyond where I can actually conceal.I pray may I not arm myself against the government in a short time from now. Mo binu gu n.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by mathew247: 8:20am On Nov 30, 2016
Just subcribed now...na till next year.
Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by Cunninlinguist: 8:20am On Nov 30, 2016
rottenPussy:
Who said Buhari has no Brain, C'mon the guy has a working brain.

In my opinion, I think he is just bent on punishing Nigerians.

Or how can you explain the fact that he decided to let NCC hike the price knowing fully well that Nigerians only react online? Should this be successful , how else do you think Nigerian will react to all his mess??

A tactical action Indeed…

All this ppl saying MTN has sent them message, his anyone sees glo's on yet? I knew glo will still he fair
Dis your moniker get as e be o. What inspired you to go for such a name? embarassed
Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by onatisi(m): 8:21am On Nov 30, 2016
charloski:
GEJ said we will remember him when he leaves....
You forgot to add phcn price hike
Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by demavict(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2016
Can't seem to corelate the continuous hike in price of commodities without corresponding increase in minimum wage. When Obasanjo was to increase pms price then he increased minimum wage. who is fooling who here? Where is the Labour Force?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by emmasege: 8:24am On Nov 30, 2016
adonbilivit:
they don't want us to keep criticising them on social media which is our only voice. they want to take our only "voice" away from us by making it unaffordable for us.
Hmmm. That's another angle to it. I won't be surprised if they force DSTV & the likes to hike subscription charges also, so that the spread of truth can be curtailed and the spread of lies/propaganda heightened through their terrestrial local NTA channels.

When will Nigerians wake up from their sleep & hypnotized state sef ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by mightyhazell: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2016
rottenPussy:
Who said Buhari has no Brain, C'mon the guy has a working brain.

In my opinion, I think he is just bent on punishing Nigerians.

Or how can you explain the fact that he decided to let NCC hike the price knowing fully well that Nigerians only react online? Should this be successful , how else do you think Nigerian will react to all his mess??

A tactical action Indeed…

All this ppl saying MTN has sent them message, his anyone sees glo's on yet? I knew glo will still he fair
dats the idea. Tax us more wen we complain. So buhari makes more money as we complain. Talk abt using one's own weapon against him. Buhari smart dye

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by DarkTroll: 8:26am On Nov 30, 2016
eyeview:

I didnt vote for him. I knew it would be like this but people were blinded by ethnic and religious sentiments.
The man should just do 130 million nigerians a favour and die
I believe his death will be celebrated like Abacha's.

The political prostitutês in Nairaland who support him out of sentiments than reason has all gone AWOL

First he used an illegal body, DSS to raid judges' home for arrest, now he's using another illegal body, NCC which should make gsm networks in the country operate smoothly to impose price on data.

Who says the man isn't suffering amnesia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by buchilino(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2016
ABRG CAN SOMEONE THUNDER 2 FIRE DAT ADEDE WILLIAMS, 4 SHOWING LACK OF SENSITIVITY CONCERNING NIGERIANS.
Re: Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data by chubbygal(f): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2016
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out People's Reaction As TecnoXmasHugs Trend On Twitter / PHOTOS: MTN Warehouse In Lagos On Fire / Top 5 Cheapest Small Phones In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.