Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Imo State Will Not Join Biafra If It Succeeds. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Will Not Join Biafra If It Succeeds. (14282 Views)

Southern Kaduna Will Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – John Danfulani / I’m Not Against Biafra, If War Starts I’ll Fight - Mbaka / Niger Delta Must Join Biafra. IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Will Not Join Biafra If It Succeeds. by zendy: 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
wirinet:

I am surprised someone as brilliant and exposed as you is making the statement I bolded. Well you might be right that any group in Nigeria or any other country has the right to seek self determination, but it is also the right of Nigeria to refuse, such requests. Just like Idi-amin used to say, freedom of speech is guaranteed, but what he cannot guarantee is freedom after speech.
A group can only exercise its freedom to self determination if it has the military might to gain and protect that right to self determination or if it has a super power that is ready to help sustain and protect that right to self determination, otherwise, you will just sacrifice your people for nothing. Western Sahara has been fighting for independence from Morocco for decades, Tibet has been under Chinese occupation for almost a century, their spiritual leader has been in exile for decades, the Basque has been fighting for independence from Spain for centuries. The kurds are scattered within three countries and they are fighting Turkey, Iraq and Syria for self determination. I can sight numerous other examples. The ones that had been successful ie, Israel, South Sudan, Taiwan, had the backing of US and by extension UN, if US withdraw support for Taiwan, the Chinese would overrun Taipei within days.

Dont talk like an ignoramus. The ethnic groups were existing before the creation of Nigeria. Suddenly, just because a British thief called Lugard came to West Africa to look for money, and in the process, forced all the different ethnic groups together at gun point. This in no way means that the ethnic groups have lost their sovereignty. The only thing it means is that Nigeria is an illegal colonial creation.that is holding people against their will.

This your talk that a group can only exercise self determination if the have the military strenght to do so is the reasoning of a backward African. How is it that in this day and age, one group will say they want to go their way, another will say they must be together? Truly shocking.

For your information, more than 10 countries left the USSR, nobody heard a gunshot

In 1992, Czechoslovakia split into Czech Republic and Republic of Slovakia, nobody heard any gunshot.

Scotland almost left the UK in 2014 via referendum, they are presently planning another referendum, there is no noise.

These are advanced people who see no point in killing each other to be together.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Will Not Join Biafra If It Succeeds. by 0xtr100r: 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
wirinet:

Mr Igbo, who is sounding pained and miserable between the two of us. You are so pained when people you want to forcefully drag into your biafran dream land reject you. An itsekiri will not waste a single thought on NK, IPOB or Biafra.

Please can you tell us how the Igbo's subsidize itsekiris? What has the itsekiris gained from Igbos? Or are you speaking in irony? It is we that subsidizes your sorry ass. If we shut down all our oil wells, you will die of starvation.

Then stop mentioning the itsekiris in your fabled Biafra, stop including warri in your map of Biafra, it is an insult to the people of warri.
If we want to join OduaArewanistan or MOSUNDI, I do not see how that is your headache.

Mr Itsekiri, I quite feel your eternal pains and miseries as you continue to wail and gnash your dirty teeth on NL at the mere mention of NK, IPOB or Biaf...

BTW, how does Igbos seeking self-determination amount to Itsekiri troubles?

How does your Igbo wife and business partner give you the rights to rant carelessly against the Igbo Nation?

What have you and your people done to counter the numerous killings and destruction of lives and properties going on in the North for decades?

Why can't you and your elites channel one-hundredth of these your negative energies towards your masters who have been plundering your land for decades?

Igbos are not responsible for devastating, polluting and rendering Itsekiri land and waters useless for agriculture. Igbos are not the ones controlling the International Oil Company in your backyard and reaping the benefits thereof at the expense of Itsekiri people.

Take your slave mentality to OduaArewanistan republic or MOSUNDI.

Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic:https://www.nairaland.com/2355622/mosundi-demands-niger-delta-peoples

I repeat, Igbos don't need you and all you ever stand for in life and hereafter. Igbos are not your problem. Go find yourselves an idea you can live and die for.
Re: Imo State Will Not Join Biafra If It Succeeds. by MyGeneration(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
dragonking3:
My friend shut the fvck up. angry

Honestly you guys are a bunch of ingrates.

The same Jonathan that put more igbos in his cabinet more than his own SS brothers and sisters . The same Jonathan was brought down by greedy igbos such as Stella oduah, Alison Madueke,olisa metuh etc and you are here talking trash..

Jonathan favoured igbos more than anyone else will if they were president. Even an igbo man will not favor his own the way Jonathan did so shut the fvck up once again.

As for the part were you said that no SS will support an igbo man to be president that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.. A SS person is indifferent and will vote for someone who has the people at heart. So don't you ever put a blame on the ss people rather blame your fellow igbos who refused to vote for ojukwu when he was contesting for a political post...Blame your fellow igbos who refused to vote for okadigbo and Buhari when they came out to contest for presidency and leave the SS out of your miserable lives. .

The biggest problem with igbos is that the blame everyone for their problems. .they blame the SS man, the blame the sw man, they blame the man from the north but they will never or should I say that they refuse to blame themselves when the truth is staring at them..

Until the igbos accept their fault and mend their ways nothing worthwhile can come out.
See dz one tell dat crap to ppl who dont know u people.
We igbos acept our fault nd we know dat d moment we start paying tge ss back in tgeir own coins dats d day they wud get respect for us.
Fvck u if u re from d ss, fvck ur clueless mumu son dat went der to destroy Nigeria with his stupidity and weakness unlike ipob nd oda igbos i dont give a fvck abt u people, if my post is annoying u go nd hit ur head on a wall.
I already know hw an average southsouth man thinks so am not surprised wicked set of people with wickedness in their genes, they wud do sth to u, but if anoda person does same to dem immediately they wud start with their normal talk of "igbo people dz nd dat".
So its not d north dat brought down Gej again so its now igbos.
Cm nd point out the project in imo dat ur son commissioned, out of his stupidity our roads became a death trap nd u re saying i shud cheer him up.
Re: Imo State Will Not Join Biafra If It Succeeds. by MyGeneration(m): 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
0xtr100r:

Mr Itsekiri, I quite feel your eternal pains and miseries as you continue to wail and gnash your dirty teeth on NL at the mere mention of NK, IPOB or Biaf...

BTW, how does Igbos seeking self-determination amount to Itsekiri troubles?

How does your Igbo wife and business partner give you the rights to rant carelessly against the Igbo Nation?

What have you and your people done to counter the numerous killings and destruction of lives and properties going on in the North for decades?

Why can't you and your elites channel one-hundredth of these your negative energies towards your masters who have been plundering your land for decades?

Igbos are not responsible for devastating, polluting and rendering Itsekiri land and waters useless for agriculture. Igbos are not the ones controlling the International Oil Company in your backyard and reaping the benefits thereof at the expense of Itsekiri people.

Take your slave mentality to OduaArewanistan republic or MOSUNDI.

Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic:https://www.nairaland.com/2355622/mosundi-demands-niger-delta-peoples

I repeat, Igbos don't need you and all you ever stand for in life and hereafter. Igbos are not your problem. Go find yourselves an idea you can live and die for.
Dats how an average ss person reasons, na una way get strength for all doz ones. All dz years i ve joined nairaland dz bunch of miscreants always want to talk rubbish against us, yet we keep supporting them, the north wants d 13percent derivation being given to them to be reduced we joined hands with their politicians to stand against it, but once its our turn they wud tell u, you are on your own yet our people keep supporting them.

These people i know how they reason.
I keep asking myself why igbos border demselves sometimes over ss issues, when we hv truck loads of problems on our heads, nobody is talking abt erosion in our region or d marginalization but everybody is caring if der is oil spill in warri asif it concerns me.

When Buhari started off his new administration with his one sided appointments, d moment buhari makes an appointment and everybody knows its wrong we nd dz ungrateful set of people dat went tru Jonathan and pdp sttruggle together immediately started telling us to mind ourselves dat as far as a southsouth person was appointed they re ok with that, even the yorubas we love to hate were more considerate nd a few northerners.

Why are we loving up to them when since time immemorial they hv never stood for us.
Yorubas hv made mention of igbo presidency,
Even north we hv issues consider igbo presidency,
But no single southsouth politician has ever coughed it.
Re: Imo State Will Not Join Biafra If It Succeeds. by WINNERMENTALITY: 1:28am On Feb 05, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Black Marketers Take Over As Filling Stations Run Dry Of Fuel / Boko Haram Collects Taxes From Captured Towns In Borno, Yobe / From Guber to Senate, SDP to PDP, Natasha Akpoti Ambition Worries Kogites

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.