Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,706 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. (1400 Views)

James Ibori, Dangote, Oshiomhole, Jonathan At The Burial Of Mrs. Anenih In Edo / Eugene Anenih Slumps And Dies Of Heart Attack (Photo) / Tony Anenih's Daughter Owns The Apartment Raided By EFCC - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
Tony Anenih, former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) board of trustees, says he MKO Abiola’s persistent refusal to listen to his advice landed him in jail and ultimately led to his death.

Abiola, acclaimed winner of the June 12 1993 election annulled by Ibrahim Babangida, was arrested and imprisoned after he declared himself president-elect, but he died in July 1998 on the day he was to be released on the back of the death of Sani Abacha, the military ruler on whose orders he was jailed in the first place.

In his book, ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics’, the statesman said he advised Abiola against declaring himself president, but that he refused to listen.

He said Abiola reached a secret agreement with Sani Abacha, former head of state, to take over from Ernest Shonekan, interim president, but he fled the country when things were heating up, leaving his supporters behind.

He said when Abiola came back to the country frustration drove him to declare himself president after his scheming to succeed Shonekan had failed.

Anenih, who was the national chairman of Abiola’s Social Democratic Party (SDP), said the late businessman kept the leadership of the party out of his negotiations with the military.

[b]“It is a pity indeed, that Chief Abiola kept the leadership of the party away from his arrangement with General Ababcha to take over from Shonekan. If he had brought it to the notice of the leadership of the party, he would have been advised well,” he said.

“In a similar but not exactly identical set of circumstances, I had advised Chief Abiola against declaring himself the president of this country when frustration arising from Abacha’s refusal to hand-over to him drove him into that extreme line of thought. I spoke to him on telephone pointing out that the army was not there to back him up. He had no police support, and not even the immigration or customs would back him.

“It was clear to me that the course of action to which Chief MKO Abiola was heading was not only going to be self-destructive, but also ruinous. He was play into the hands of the military and offer himself as a sacrificial lamb by delivering himself to those who for various and obvious reasons, very much wanted him out of the scene.

“Chief Abiola did not listen. The result of his line of action landed him in jail.”

“I wished he had listened to my advice not to declare himself president of this country. If he did, I believe he would, in all probability, still be alive today. Frustration arising from the collapse of his scheming drove him into extreme step which, in the end, set up a chain of events that ultimately caused him his life.”
[/b]

https://www.thecable.ng/anenih-mko-abiola-would-still-be-alive-today-if-he-listened-to-me

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by Jafar1: 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
HISTORY IS FASCINATING,

AFONJAS DONT LISTEN TO SIMPLE ADVICE ANYWAY, JUST LIKE TINIBU, THEY THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by soberdrunk(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Even as a child back then, i knew it wasnt a wise move by MKO!!

4 Likes

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
AFONJA they gree hear word...

same fate tinubu is suffering from, i too sabi wan kill them.finish

4 Likes

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by thesicilian: 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Tony Anenih, former chairman of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) board of trustees,
says he MKO Abiola’s persistent refusal to
listen to his advice landed him in jail and
ultimately led to his death.

Abiola, acclaimed winner of the June 12 1993
election annulled by Ibrahim Babangida, was
arrested and imprisoned after he declared
himself president-elect,
but he died in July
1998 on the day he was to be released on the
back of the death of Sani Abacha, the military
ruler on whose orders he was jailed in the
first place.
In his book, ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics’,
the statesman said he advised Abiola against
declaring himself president, but that he
refused to listen.
He said Abiola reached a secret agreement
with Sani Abacha, former head of state, to
take over from Ernest Shonekan, interim
president, but he fled the country when things
were heating up, leaving his supporters
behind.

He said when Abiola came back to the
country frustration drove him to declare
himself president after his scheming to
succeed Shonekan had failed.

Anenih, who was the national chairman of
Abiola’s Social Democratic Party (SDP), said
the late businessman kept the leadership of
the party out of his negotiations with the
military.
“It is a pity indeed, that Chief Abiola kept the
leadership of the party away from his
arrangement with General Ababcha to take
over from Shonekan. If he had brought it to
the notice of the leadership of the party, he
would have been advised well,” he said.
“In a similar but not exactly identical set of
circumstances, I had advised Chief Abiola
against declaring himself the president of this
country when frustration arising from
Abacha’s refusal to hand-over to him drove
him into that extreme line of thought. I spoke
to him on telephone pointing out that the
army was not there to back him up. He had
no police support, and not even the
immigration or customs would back him.
“It was clear to me that the course of action
to which Chief MKO Abiola was heading was
not only going to be self-destructive, but also
ruinous. He was play into the hands of the
military and offer himself as a sacrificial lamb
by delivering himself to those who for various
and obvious reasons, very much wanted him
out of the scene.
“Chief Abiola did not listen. The result of his
line of action landed him in jail.”
“I wished he had listened to my advice not to
declare himself president of this country. If he
did, I believe he would, in all probability, still
be alive today. Frustration arising from the
collapse of his scheming drove him into
extreme step which, in the end, set up a
chain of events that ultimately caused him his
life.”

1 Like

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by sarrki(m): 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
AFONJA they gree hear word...

same fate tinubu is suffering from, i too sabi wan kill them.finish

System is short circuit

Need a new set of wiring and conduit pipes

In other not to bridge and cause havoc

Any electrical guy in the house can help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by sarrki(m): 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
Jafar1:
HISTORY IS FASCINATING,

AFONJAS DONT LISTEN TO SIMPLE ADVICE ANYWAY, JUST LIKE TINIBU, THEY THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING

All the construction coy in the country cannot revive this road.

Sonel Brunei, Dantata & sawoe, setraco, mould

Selini & Julius berger will not even tender for this kind of

Contract.

That shows nothing can be done about this
Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by afanide: 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2016
This man is funny cheesy so MKO dies simply because he didnt listeen to you?
Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by sarrki(m): 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gej that listens to you

How did he ends up ?

Baba enjoy your loot while you can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by ikp120(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
Moral lesson: Buhari listen to me now cool tongue

1 Like

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
ikp120:
Moral lesson: Buhari listen to me now cool tongue
Buhari listens to Olumo Rock cabals tongue tongue
Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by ikp120(m): 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Buhari listens to Olumo Rock cabals tongue tongue

Lolzzz grin grin grin

Me na powerful cabal o. You no dey see my eyeglass? cool cool cool cool tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by opethom(m): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
story for the Gods, MKO died as a legend, we don't know what's gonna end you
Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
opethom:
story for the Gods, MKO died as a legend, we don't know what's gonna end you
even Heineken sef tongue angry

1 Like

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by iluvdonjazzy: 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
Go sitdown tony anini u are no longer relevant, u are even more corrupt than atiku himself.
Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by opethom(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
even Heineken sef tongue angry
and star

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by mightyhazell: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:
Gej that listens to you

How did he ends up ?

Baba enjoy your loot while you can
your english no be here o

4 Likes

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by kokosin: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
well Na dem sabi

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by seunmsg(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
Absolute nonsense coming from a man who betrayed the June 12 mandate. Abiola fought for his mandate and democracy and today, we are enjoying democracy because of his sacrifice. History will definitely be kind to him no matter the attempt by betrayals like Anenih to rewrite history.

And talking about Abacha, this same Anenih campaigned for him to transit from a despotic military ruler to a Democratic president at a time when MKO was still in detention. If he has any shame left in him, he will accept the forceful retirement that Oshiomole gave him and suck up his new status as an irrelevant old and greedy politician instead of trying to rewrite history.

1 Like

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by Funlordjnr: 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
opethom:
and star

Gulder nko?
Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
[size=16pt]Abiola is widely known for betrayal, he betrayed Awolowo and now Shonekan. But ideally, betrayal is a Yoruba tendency, speaking reality, no one should take offence here.

In common working environment you'll notice this act in Yoruba's, worse is that they mete it to their family members too.

Yoruba man is the only person thatll work in company and will never allow his brother to come in. Or would live abroad and would rather give handouts than allow you join him abroad. You really won't blame him, he's only scared of being betrayed by his cronies which is 75% possible[/size]

1 Like

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by curatorX: 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
This man na reborn Lie Mohammed!
The anineh we know na notorious armed robbery tycoon!

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by morbeta(m): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
Is this man hunted by MKO's ghost? Cos the way he is sounding now is like he has parked his luggage and ready to travel to hereafter.
Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2016
morbeta:
Is this man hunted by MKO's ghost? Cos the way he is sounding now is like he has parked his luggage and ready to travel to hereafter.
He has paid his dues whether good or bad.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mko's pride and know-it all attitude brought about his fall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anenih: MKO Would Still Be Alive Today If He Listened To Me.. by buharimustlive: 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
MKO the NELSON MANDELA WANNABE..

(1) (Reply)

See This Buhari T Shirt / How The Bible Accurately Predicted Buhari's Actions Twice. / If Nigeria Breaks, The North Will Be The Poorest – Emir Of Kano Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.