Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Actor Robert Powell : Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Actor Robert Powell : Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus (3532 Views)

Tapiwa Sithole Dating Russell Goreraza And Robert Junior, 2 Sons Of Mugabe / Akon Caught In Bed With Celina Powell / 26-Year-Old Jasmin Sells Her Virginity To Hollywood Actor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actor Robert Powell : Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus by phlio666(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
Since he played the character, Jesus, in the 1977 movie, Jesus of Nazareth, Robert Powell’s photos are hung in churches, homes, cars, schools, offices and many holy grottos all over the world to drive off evil forces and attract good fortunes. However, Powell has cried out in the social media that he is not Jesus and that people should stop worshiping him. Rather, they should respect the true Jesus and worship God. His is among the most trending stories on social media in January 2016. In his words: “I never cease to say and I repeat it to the world since 1977. I am not Jesus Christ, I am just an actor and British comedian. I am tired of seeing my photos displayed in places of worship and other places for worship. I just make a film for a living. Burn my picture and worship the only God in truth ! I am just an actor… Jesus is Lord!” Another actor who played Jesus is Jim Caviezel. According to clipd.com, “Jim is arguably one of the most famous portrayals of Jesus in acting history. He played Jesus in Mel Gibson’s ‘The Passion Of The Christ,’ which is the greatest selling Christian movie of all time. Jim won one award for his portrayal as Jesus, and several other nominations.” He too may soon beg people to stop worshipping him like Powell.

Re: Actor Robert Powell : Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
don't mind those babalawo Christians. most of them dont even know what's in their bible, only what their pastor tell them
Re: Actor Robert Powell : Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus by jamislaw(m): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
You better tell them they believe any shit from their acclaim pastorpreneur.
Re: Actor Robert Powell : Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
Y on romance section??

undecided
Re: Actor Robert Powell : Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus by goldbim(f): 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
That is why in my church we don't believe in using anybody's image or picture to represent God or jesus..rather pray to have a personal encounter and let him reveal himself to you..

(1) (Reply)

Bally plays with Giftys vag*na in the most stylish way ever / Help!!!my Girlfriend Wanna Break Up With Me Coz Of Sex.. / Reasons Why Most Virgin Females Don't Bleed First Time They Have Sex And Why Hym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.