Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683007 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Miserablemee: 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
Boss, which 1 be grape tomato again, na hybrid?

FrankNetter:
Check out these grape tomatoes I saw

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
Miserablemee:
Boss, which 1 be grape tomato again, na hybrid?

I no know bro. Them small like berries.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
FrankNetter:

The white chick I dey blow now, na die cheesy

Honestly, we dey vibe wella and dey open minded about wetin we both want. She dey college dey study criminal justice. Me I dey work everytime sha, but we dey see once once. She get her own place wey she dey stay with her sister and one roommate. We dey use contraceptives (Mirena).

STDs nko?

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Miserablemee: 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
Una dey chop dem raw like berries? Una get beans for that end for beta sundae wite rice and beans?
FrankNetter:

I no know bro. Them small like berries.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Satansadvocate(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
elfmann:

STDs nko?
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

why cant you think positively for once. You dey reason like say dey no dey do test before dey start gboging?. You think say na all this naija babes wey dey carry yama yama sickness with claw claw yansh waka up and down for street dey share toto?? Calm down small. Oyibo toto dey freshen body and mind. Their pussy dey tight like plier,he go squeeze everything come out from your system. You go come live long join

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Satansadvocate:

why cant you think positively for once. You dey reason like say dey no dey do test before dey start gboging?. You think say na all this naija babes wey dey carry yama yama sickness with claw claw yansh waka up and down for street dey share toto?? Calm down small. Oyibo toto dey freshen body and mind. Their pussy dey tight like plier,he go squeeze everything come out from your system. You go come live long join
Nothing positive fuwaduing illegally. Again, infections come from infidelity and every race has trust issues.

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2017
Iamsheye:
FrankNetter what of that your blog you don't post there again,why?

Time bro, time.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Iamsheye(m): 11:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
FrankNetter:

Time bro, time.
Wow, after 3 months

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ticha: 2:13am On Oct 18, 2017
Well done for keeping focussed! A nice read and I have followed your blog! You'll see that I am blogging about my immigration experience as well. Kudos!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Abigalbee98(f): 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
Satansadvocate:

oga gan o.....on top wetin...abeg tell me how many naija gals wey u don sleep wit wey get disease... abegi if u dey talk dey reason....everyone knows dat dis country is not good not even 1% but u dont av to bad mouth people too especially lady's its not far.....and for oga frank (ma gbesin lo)no lele......bye

17 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
Abigalbee98:
oga gan o.....on top wetin...abeg tell me how many naija gals wey u don sleep wit wey get disease... abegi if u dey talk dey reason....everyone knows dat dis country is not good not even 1% but u dont av to bad mouth people too especially lady's its not far.....and for oga frank (ma gbesin lo)no lele......bye

OK we don hear even doe you dey giv yourself hope grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2017
Chase bank atm has braille letters for blind people and also offers audio assistance.

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Iamsheye(m): 11:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
FrankNetter:
Chase bank atm has braille letters for blind people and also offers audio assistance.
see as the pin area just open

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
Iamsheye:
see as the pin area just open

This side na drive-thru. For cars only
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
Pictures of regular atm

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2017
Iamsheye:
Wow, after 3 months

Exactly my point bro.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austinelex: 12:12am On Oct 19, 2017
frank tell us about White Chicks towards black guys over there and also want to know if one can work with tourist visa over there even thou na undertable work na something Frank just share more light abeg

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 6:53am On Oct 19, 2017
austinelex:
frank tell us about White Chicks towards black guys over there and also want to know if one can work with tourist visa over there even thou na undertable work na something Frank just share more light abeg

you too like woman.. ahn ahn.. but I like your first question Sha... Franknetter come ooo

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Mgrichboss(m): 9:00am On Oct 19, 2017
Satansadvocate:

Na dat one i still dey try believe oo grin grin .. And them like black guys for our stuffs..it gives them what dey desire

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by legendary4luv(m): 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2017
FrankNetter:

One of the major culture shocks I've experienced here is the drug addiction "culture". Relative to the sheer mass of the USA, my sample size is quite small. But I must say, substance addiction is a MAJOR issue here. I've been working (and conversing) with different persons at my jobs for like 6 months (or thereabouts). I've only come across two people who don't do drugs. One of them was a pre-med student at UIC, the other was pregnant and she has just enough sense to stay off pills for the duration of her pregnancy, she picked up where she left off as soon as she gave birth though. I once worked with one lady who admitted to popping pills and getting high every single day, "you know that's addiction, right?" I asked, her reply shocked me. She said "I'm here for a good time, not a long time." shocked

Na there I realize say my IUO and Uniport boys dey learn work grin

Most times, at my burger king job, it looks like I'm the odd one out simply because I dont do drugs. I don't care though, I no come USA to pop pills.

This is my first time to post in this educative and life experience thread of yours, tbh I'm more motivated than before..... Sometimes I do imagine myself ordering burger from you at BK and telling you FRANK thanks for motivating me!!! Am lost in my thought, I enjoyed everything about this thread and I download almost of the Yankee pics in this thread because I love viewing them at my leisure time more so my instincts are right( you're from IMO state and was schooling in uniport). Make laale adjust our calendar because I wan graduate next year abeg

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
FrankNetter:
Pictures of regular atm
I like the fact that you can choose your bills
I wish that was possible in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ugosample:

I like the fact that you can choose your bills

I wish that was possible in Nigeria

I've witnessed two scenarios where an ATM dispensed fake naira notes and I'm sure those notes were not there by mistake.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by PDPGuy: 1:50am On Oct 20, 2017
Toppytek:

I've witnessed two scenarios where an ATM dispensed fake naira notes and I'm sure those notes were not there by mistake.

Really? That's so wrong on many levels

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2017
Toppytek:

shocked shocked

You don't mean it!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Solitin40: 11:02am On Oct 20, 2017
Ugosample:

shocked shocked

You don't mean it!
Bro it’s real o.... should ATM be dispensing dirty and bad Bank note money that iF you give to a mad person he/she will reject it smh
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chapecoense(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
ezzylee:

Lol..... I think anyone in a new/different country is guilty of the currency conversion thing. When I first went to ghana, the way I converted for any item I was about purchasing. In your mind you'll be like "this item dey expensive for here ooooo. I no go buy am". I later got used to it sha.
Very true lol.. My first week in the US, i always had this conversion thing going on in my head... Visited chicago one time and saw a plate of jollof for $10 and i was like thats N3500, ended up not buying cry But with time u realise The US is not naija and u spend dollars here not naira.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by legendary4luv(m): 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Chapecoense:

Very true lol.. My first week in the US, i always had this conversion thing going on in my head... Visited chicago one time and saw a plate of jollof for $10 and i was like thats N3500, ended up not buying cry But with time u realise The US is not naija and u spend dollars here not naira.

Lol the conversion thing don enter our blood!!!! #3500 wey we go use cook 2pots of jollof rice here e be like say if I go Yankee na once once I go dey chop African meal

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by progress69: 5:18am On Oct 23, 2017
Welcomme:
Egbon, are u back to Nigeria ?

U say?? Lol

God bless our hustle!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 24, 2017
Kudos Franknetter
The realest.
I'll share my own testimony soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MackyNaija(m): 6:08am On Oct 25, 2017
Satansadvocate:
Calm down small. Oyibo toto dey freshen body and mind. Their pussy dey tight like plier,he go squeeze everything come out from your system. You go come live long join
See this man! grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Satansadvocate(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2017
MackyNaija:

See this man! grin grin grin

You know the drill nah,toto senior toto grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2017
Satansadvocate:

You know the drill nah,toto senior toto grin grin
how?.. cos of the light complexion?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.