Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683065 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
FrankNetter:
I see one piglet attempting to throw shots at me, the thing is, Im too busy enjoying myself to even let your shallow reply bother me.

If you love your country that much, why don't you set your USA passport on flames, rescind the citizenship (that's if you're not even an illegal immigrant) and return to your beloved nigeria.

Maybe you have the privileges and opportunities than others, as life is all about opportunity, but you just have to be calm and ignore some certain comments / things that can easily get you infuriated.

The insult and the way you respond to comments here isn't too good.

You are not the first person to travel out of this great country and you'll never be the last as many people will equally do that.

I wish you the very best in life.....

28 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Satansadvocate(m): 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Toppytek:

how?.. cos of the light complexion?

fair complexion ke.

How many Nigerian girls have heard about kegel toto excercise. They excercise the toto wella and all the wall around there,as in they can control the vulva and toto wall the way you control your hand and legs. Do your girlfriend do kegel?? No i guess. Do my sisters do?? No i say.. So guy toto senior toto..

Toto nah grade by grade. You thought when i made mention of plair that i was joking?? I serious die..

Kegel all the way

toto senior toto

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
Satansadvocate:

fair complexion ke.

How many Nigerian girls have heard about kegel toto excercise. They excercise the toto wella and all the wall around there,as in they can control the vulva and toto wall the way you control your hand and legs. Do your girlfriend do kegel?? No i guess. Do my sisters do?? No i say.. So guy toto senior toto..

Toto nah grade by grade. You thought when i made mention of plair that i was joking?? I serious die..

Kegel all the way

toto senior toto

baba ooo... I hail ooo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Satansadvocate(m): 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
Toppytek:

baba ooo... I hail ooo

More respect to you my nigga

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
"Life is like a bicycle, in order to keep your balance, you have to keep moving."

This quote didn't mean much to me, until some days back. I'm nearing the completion of the CNA classes and I'm having mixed feelings about quitting the burger king job, perhaps it being my "first" job holds some sentimental value to me?

Well, one thing about the store is that there's always some drama going on to make your shift worthwhile. The nature of this job makes the crew transient and unfixed. People come and go, people get hired and fired in the blink of an eye.

Guess who got fired recently? Marijuana addicted white manager. He got fired on sexual harassment charges.
One "recently legal" white girl had recently started working at the store and the white dude felt it would be nice to snoop around her phone and go through her photos, turns out he wasn't too familiar with the workings of an iPhone. He was caught in the manager's office, holding her phone, looking at private pictures of her in a skimpy swimsuit. That, coupled with his funny behaviors towards her, got him fired (and sued?) I'm not sure.

Another gist flying around is that one tough nailed female shift manager is giving blowjobs in the rest rooms grin. Nothing I no go see for this job grin

==================

Winter is coming.

The weather is progressively getting colder.

If you aren't following my instagram, you should. I'd post videos of the winter, snow and festivities. wink

===================

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mavin1:
Kudos Franknetter
The realest.
I'll share my own testimony soonest.

Bless you brother.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
So, one rainy day, I was coming back from work. I always try to take new roads, that way, I'd familiarise myself with the neighborhood, if I end up in an unfamiliar place I'd just open up my navigation app (waze) and let it direct me home.

So, here I was, driving home, listening to music. When I saw two police cars parked on the road.

24 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know whether to overtake the cars o. With the way black men end up getting gunned down by the police, I didn't want wahala o. So, me I jejely off my motor, siddon dey wait, make dem come remove their car. grin

I had waited for like 5 minutes, when another car pulled up behind me, observed what was going on, and just "overtook" my jalopy along with the two police cars. I was waiting for them to chase his car. When it seemed like nothing of that nature was gonna happen, I started my engine, overtook their cars and drove home, shaking my head at how silly I must have looked.

We learn everyday grin

49 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jiinxed: 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2017

Maybe you have the privileges and opportunities than others, as life is all about opportunity, but you just have to be calm and ignore some certain comments / things that can easily get you infuriated.

The insult and the way you respond to comments here isn't too good.

You are not the first person to travel out of this great country and you'll never be the last as many people will equally do that.

I wish you the very best in life.....

Pidgin2, don't you get tired?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AngelicBeing: 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
jiinxed:

Lol, she is a frustrated visa reject, ignore her, she is also a troll grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by error4040: 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2017
jiinxed:

seconded ignore a Troll biko
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by error4040: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
Satansadvocate:

fair complexion ke.

Kegel all the way

toto senior toto
bro no offense, Do you have a phd on totology

20 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hushee(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
FrankNetter:
"Life is like a bicycle, in order to keep your balance, you have to keep moving."

Another gist flying around is that one tough nailed female shift manager is giving blowjobs in the rest rooms grin. Nothing I no go see for this job grin

This one serious o, try confirm it for us Bro grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by 1Rebel: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
jiinxed:

Honestly, everyone in travel section knows that pained troll. Even as it used a throwaway account, it was just too obvious. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by BlowJobs: 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2017
FrankNetter:

This quote didn't mean much to me, until some days back. I'm nearing the completion of the CNA classes and I'm having mixed feelings about quitting the burger king job, perhaps it being my "first" job holds some sentimental value to me?

Well, one thing about the store is that there's always some drama going on to make your shift worthwhile. The nature of this job makes the crew transient and unfixed. People come and go, people get hired and fired in the blink of an eye.

Guess who got fired recently? Marijuana addicted white manager. He got fired on sexual harassment charges.
One "recently legal" white girl had recently started working at the store and the white dude felt it would be nice to snoop around her phone and go through her photos, turns out he wasn't too familiar with the workings of an iPhone. He was caught in the manager's office, holding her phone, looking at private pictures of her in a skimpy swimsuit. That, coupled with his funny behaviors towards her, got him fired (and sued?) I'm not sure.

==================

Winter is coming.

The weather is progressively getting colder.

If you aren't following my instagram, you should. I'd post videos of the winter, snow and festivities. wink

===================
Another mention grin grin grin.

God bless your hustle bro. I am about stating my Adjustment of Status application. I have to be honest with you, your thread partly influenced my decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Satansadvocate(m): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
error4040:
bro no offense, Do you have a phd on totology

funny guy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by 1Rebel: 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
BlowJobs:

Another mention grin grin grin.

God bless your hustle bro. I am about stating my Adjustment of Status application. I have to be honest with you, your thread partly influenced my decision.

Guyyyy, your handle is blowjobs?! Jizoz christ grin

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by BlowJobs: 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2017
1Rebel:

Guyyyy, your handle is blowjobs?! Jizoz christ grin

Lol yeah
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Harmored(m): 8:20am On Oct 27, 2017
Anytime I enter this thread I go just dey think

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2017
So, last night I went to play ball. After driving like 20 mins, I got to my destination. Like I said earlier, the weather is getting really cold, so I had to put on like 3 jersey tops and a long sleeve hoodie coupled with joggers. We played under floodlights. grin

we played for roughly 2hrs. When time reached for us to leave, this grown man pulls out something that looks like a skateboard.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
He said he sold his car and got this for $2,000. I was like "who buys a skateboard for that amount?"

Only when he powered it on and I saw it move did I realize what it was. Apparently, it's a rechargeable motorized skateboard. Smart thinking.

Uh, video of it is on my instagram story. Hurry if you wanna take a glimpse of it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hushee:

This one serious o, try confirm it for us Bro grin grin

I dey go work today, I go confirm via carefully crafted interviews. Not with my amu biko grin

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by error4040: 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2017
FrankNetter:
He said he sold his car and got this for $2,000. I was like "who buys a skateboard for that amount?"

Only when he powered it on and I saw it move did I realize what it was. Apparently, it's a rechargeable motorized skateboard. Smart thinking.

Uh, video of it is on my instagram story. Hurry if you wanna take a glimpse of it.
mhn for real $2000 ??

poverty na bastard

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Luckki1001(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
FrankNetter:

There is no need to hurry. Electric Skateboards have been around for a while. A simple Youtube search: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=electric+skateboard will open our eyes.

Peeps have been using it to commute to and fro work, schools, short journeys etc. The technology has evolved in such a short time and the boards are very fast [some actually do 26-30miles an hour] and battery-efficient. Takes you anywhere [some can actually cover 40miles on a single recharge] and users have no business with petrol whatsoever. I love the fact that it comes equipped with a remote controller, which renders the board completely useless in the event the board is stolen as it cannot be operated without the remote. Would have loved to get me the Metroboard but this our roads where drivers take shekpe and misbehave anyhow puts one off. Really.

It is very unfortunate that we are very backward in this part of the world.

@Franknetter, really good job you are doing on this your page. Keep up the good work, brotherly. Hope to be like you when I grow up. Peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2017

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Harmored(m): 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

Please don't think too much ooooo.
Take ma easy.

I will try
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jerrypeacelinks(m): 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
This thread still dey since last year? Nice.. Kudos good people...

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:
This thread still dey since last year? Nice.. Kudos good people...

He no dey oo. Na new one

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 12:28am On Oct 28, 2017
FrankNetter:
So, last night I went to play ball. After driving like 20 mins, I got to my destination. Like I said earlier, the weather is getting really cold, so I had to put on like 3 jersey tops and a long sleeve hoodie coupled with joggers. We played under floodlights. grin

we played for roughly 2hrs. When time reached for us to leave, this grown man pulls out something that looks like a skateboard.
anyone is free to come play ball?wow!!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:25am On Oct 28, 2017
austino677:
anyone is free to come play ball?wow!!

Sometimes, it's not free bro. Some meetups charge as much as $15 sometimes. I normally look out for the ones that charge like $2 or $5.

First picture: app I use to search for soccer matches

Second and third pictures: screenshots of soccer meetups scheduled for tomorrow being Saturday

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jiinxed: 9:07am On Oct 28, 2017
FrankNetter:

Sometimes, it's not free bro. Some meetups charge as much as $15 sometimes. I normally look out for the ones that charge like $2 or $5.

First picture: app I use to search for soccer matches

Second and third pictures: screenshots of soccer meetups scheduled for tomorrow being Saturday

What's the highest you've paid?

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by omoboy110: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2017
Finally 0-115 took me three days,read every damn comment and post.Enjoyed it though am not coming to yankee

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.