Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (684247 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 19, 2017
FrankNetter:
Where's everybody? grin

we dey ooo
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2017
FrankNetter:

Illinois
black. Men home wink
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austinelex: 11:41am On Nov 19, 2017
franknetter we nid latest gist and update
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
Bro we full here
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by badtlimo(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
we de here
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by error4040: 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
FrankNetter:
Where's everybody? grin

bros you were silent for a while, we come think say you taya with the thread na.
welcome back, about the Amazon job Application are you to work at their departmental store or online representative
thanks.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
FrankNetter:
Where's everybody? grin

Present sir
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
lionlee216:

Present sir

What's going on?

badtlimo:
we de here

How far na?

austinelex:
franknetter we nid latest gist and update

Update dey come grin

comradespade:

Who dey follow you laugh? undecided

Calm down, why your blood dey hot? grin

Yhemzylee:

Good to have you back on here bro..

Thanks man.

error4040:

bros you were silent for a while, we come think say you taya with the thread na.
welcome back, about the Amazon job Application are you to work at their departmental store or online representative
thanks.

Probably at their warehouse bro. It's like 15 minutes drive from my house smiley

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2017
Are 18+ posts allowed on this section? Or should I open a thread in sexuality section? grin

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
Yahooplusplus:
we dey ooo

O boi, this your moniker is wonderful o grin

13 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
FrankNetter:

O boi, this your moniker is wonderful o grin
yeah, na so I see am. Let work together.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
FrankNetter:
Are 18+ posts allowed on this section? Or should I open a thread in sexuality section? grin
no, just continue. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
comradespade:
Franknetter don forget us sef

I no forget anybody bro. The thread neva start sef, this is just the beginning, calm down wink

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Godson201333:

Someone different asked question about dating naija girls in here not the Op ..Try to follow the thread !

I recently met one naija girl when I went to grab some groceries. She's responding well to treatment grin

26 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
FrankNetter:

I no forget anybody bro. The thread neva start sef, this is just the beginning, calm down wink

Yipeee. Let me fasten my seatbelt cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cuteguy201: 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
I swear.
comradespade:

Yipeee. Let me fasten my seatbelt cheesy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
Nah bumper to bumper i dey follow out bro
FrankNetter:

I recently met one naija girl when I went to grab some groceries. She's responding well to treatment grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Emm22(m): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
[quote author=FrankNetter post=62525298]

I recently met one naija girl when I went to grab some groceries. She's responding well to treatment grin[/quolte]

Nna erh!!! Bia frank cum nd finish wat u've started ohhh....waiting..........
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bayocanny: 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
FrankNetter:

Badt guy, seems you're giving her good vaccines lol
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:26am On Nov 20, 2017
How I overcame Homophobia

Believe it or not, Nigeria(ns) are one of the most homophobic people on the planet, I was not an exception. I was most homophobic; not until I left Nigeria.
Working at a fast paced job, where you meet different persons with different personalities, you would come across some weird stuff. You come across gay people, people with tattoos covering every inch of their skin, piercings on every part of their bodies (including tongue and _nipples grin).
I had not encountered any gay person up close and personal until one dude was employed at the store where I work. Being naturally observant, I noticed the boy was different. Being Nigerian, I noticed he is gay and thus, my nigerianness kicked in, I avoided him, I saw him as sub-human and I would cringe at the mere sight of him. I did not see anything wrong in what I was doing. Funny enough, there was also a bisexual lady working at the store at the same time and I was relating well with her undecided
On one occasion, during the normal "down-time" discussions (when work is slow), someone brought up the topic of sexuality, in my characteristic curiosity, I jokingly asked the girl why she's attracted to girls, she said she was led to lesbianism out of the urge to explore, that when she was little, her cousin would playfully start kissing and touching her, and they would trib and she would "get off" and feel happy. I threw the same question at the boy, I asked him why he likes guys, he said he was born that way, that right from when he was little, he had always loved girly things, he had always felt attracted to guys. .

It was then it hit me, it was right there it dawned on me. I asked myself why I was hating this boy? Did he do anything to me? Did he commit any crime towards me? no be my prick or yansh he dey use. My hatred and animosity towards this boy was irrelevant, I could hate from now till next year and it wouldn't change anything.

From then, I made a conscious decision not to hate on gay people. Highest, if I'm in public and I see a PDA between two guys (which is very common) and I feel disgusted or find it uncomfortable, the least I can do is look the other way or leave that vicinity. It's their business what two grownups decide to do with their genitals.

Slowly, I started seeing the dude as a normal person, I started relating with the dude like everyone else in the store. Slowly, I'm unlearning my homophobia.

https://yankeexperience./2017/11/21/how-i-overcame-homophobia/

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ibrahim3307(m): 12:30am On Nov 20, 2017
FrankNetter:

did you give her the right injection?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 1:19am On Nov 20, 2017
Yahooplusplus:
yeah, na so I see am. Let work together.

What do you have to offer?Scam!!!!
You better go and learn a skill if you cant go to school.

https://www.nairaland.com/4171223/g-boy-mentorship

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Philtrik(m): 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
Largas:

Hello all. Good morning.
My name is Emmanuel Ogeh, a 300level pharmacy student in university of uyo, Nigeria.
Please stop repeating one post. Stop IT.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Teedawg: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
FrankNetter:

Believe it or not, Nigeria(ns) are one of the most homophobic people on the planet, I was not an exception. I was most homophobic; not until I left Nigeria.
Working at a fast paced job, where you meet different persons with different personalities, you would come across some weird stuff. You come across gay people, people with tattoos covering every inch of their skin, piercings on every part of their bodies (including tongue and _nipples grin).
I had not encountered any gay person up close and personal until one dude was employed at the store where I work. Being naturally observant, I noticed the boy was different. Being Nigerian, I noticed he is gay and thus, my nigerianness kicked in, I avoided him, I saw him as sub-human and I would cringe at the mere sight of him. I did not see anything wrong in what I was doing. Funny enough, there was also a bisexual lady working at the store at the same time and I was relating well with her undecided
On one occasion, during the normal "down-time" discussions (when work is slow), someone brought up the topic of sexuality, in my characteristic curiosity, I jokingly asked the girl why she's attracted to girls, she said she was led to lesbianism out of the urge to explore, that when she was little, her cousin would playfully start kissing and touching her, and they would trib and she would "get off" and feel happy. I threw the same question at the boy, I asked him why he likes guys, he said he was born that way, that right from when he was little, he had always loved girly things, he had always felt attracted to guys. .

It was then it hit me, it was right there it dawned on me. I asked myself why I was hating this boy? Did he do anything to me? Did he commit any crime towards me? no be my prick or yansh he dey use. My hatred and animosity towards this boy was irrelevant, I could hate from now till next year and it wouldn't change anything.

From then, I made a conscious decision not to hate on gay people. Highest, if I'm in public and I see a PDA between two guys (which is very common) and I feel disgusted or find it uncomfortable, the least I can do is look the other way or leave that vicinity. It's their business what two grownups decide to do with their genitals.

Slowly, I started seeing the dude as a normal person, I started relating with the dude like everyone else in the store. Slowly, I'm unlearning my homophobia.
lol

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
FrankNetter:

The Tesla ride wey dey your page na the real MVP o shocked
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2017
FrankNetter:

It's good to know that you are not homophobic anymore.

But many guys are hypocrites tho

If you hate homo, hate it in its entirety, not you liking lesbians, and some mumu fellaa even wanting to have a "party" with them But hate gays and even want to kill them.

undecided undecided

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.