Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683009 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
Bro,she's lesbians or gaygrin cos ayam not undastanding ooooooo
Teedawg:
... i asked my friend about her guess what she told me " she's gay" waste of punnani man. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by fikayor2(m): 12:09am On Nov 21, 2017
Fish123:
Me self dey very confused o
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 12:10am On Nov 21, 2017
FrankNetter:
Are 18+ posts allowed on this section? Or should I open a thread in sexuality section? grin
... We came/thirsty of more pictures its been long embarassed... Continue the random thingy wink
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by timidapsin(m): 12:48am On Nov 21, 2017
Fish123:
fikayor2:
Me self dey very confused o

A lady can also be Gay.. Gay can be used for both
Male + Male and Female +Female

Lesbian is used for females only..

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Teedawg: 2:17am On Nov 21, 2017
Fish123:
lol she's gay grin grin gay woman cool gay man grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
Wish me luck guys. smiley

34 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by NONNYG: 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
All the best
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
Best of luck
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
cheesygringrin
Teedawg:
lol she's gay grin grin gay woman cool gay man grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
I no fit laugh o bro, gay everywhere for yankee
abeg if you be guy and you fine small no go yankee ogrin osogbo dis one wey G*y full all corner for Yankee enh em em

NB..we dey miss your update for here o Frank
timidapsin:

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
I no fit laugh o bro, gay everywhere for yankee
abeg if you be guy and you fine small no go yankee ogrin osogbo dis one wey G*y full all corner for Yankee enh em em

NB..we dey miss your update for here o Frank.
timidapsin:

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Lowoa: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
WES

aariwa:
@Franknetter You can consult a credentials evaluation agency(I have forgotten their name)to evaluate your transcripts for a possible transfer to a medical school in Chicago.You are on greencard and not citizenship and under American law if you stay outside u.s for particular number of months it will be revoked automatically meaning that you will have to start the whole process all over again.Contact an immigration lawyer there to confirm what I just said.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
The "interview" wasn't infact, an interview. It was a high volume hiring process. All they needed was for you to show up, give consent for them to run a background check and take a drug test. We had our picture taken, filled out some forms and picked the shifts. I picked 3 day, 12 hr shift, pay rate is $15.50/hr.

The drug test consisted of us putting one cotton-like apparatus against the cheeks on the inside of our mouths which would absorb some saliva, after which you'd put it in a test tube, seal it, label and submit. The process lasted for like an hr. They said we should keep checking our emails in the following days, that we would be notified on their decision if/when the background and drug tests results come in clean. Fingers crossed. smiley

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by omoboy110: 12:18am On Nov 24, 2017
am still waiting for the main gist
FrankNetter:
The "interview" wasn't infact, an interview. It was a high volume hiring process. All they needed was for you to show up, give consent for them to run a background check and take a drug test. We had our picture taken, filled out some forms and picked the shifts. I picked 3 day, 12 hr shift, pay rate is $15.50/hr.

The drug test consisted of us putting one cotton-like apparatus against the check which would absorb some saliva, after which you'd put it in a test tube, seal it, label and submit. The process lasted for like an hr. They said we should keep checking our emails in the following days, that we would be notified on their decision if/when the background and drug tests results come in clean. Fingers crossed. smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 3:09am On Nov 24, 2017
FrankNetter:

The drug test consisted of us putting one cotton-like apparatus against the check which would absorb some saliva, after which you'd put it in a test tube, seal it, label and submit. The process lasted for like an hr. They said we should keep checking our emails in the following days, that we would be notified on their decision if/when the background and drug tests results come in clean. Fingers crossed. smiley
Strong man, you will have to stand for 12 hours. Your first two weeks will tell how strong you are, though, apart that, you should be fine. But the worse department you will hate is stowing. Customer's return is good, quality control is good too. Inbound and outbound are both good. The worse part is meeting your target, so, you have to be very fast. Lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 4:38am On Nov 24, 2017
guiddoti:
Strong man, you will have to stand for 12 hours. Your first two weeks will tell how strong you are, though, apart that, you should be fine. But the worse department you will hate is stowing. Customer's return is good, quality control is good too. Inbound and outbound are both good. The worse part is meeting your target, so, you have to be very fast. Lol

Seems like you know more... I believe he will be working at Amazon warehouse or so.. so tell me, what is stowing and what kind of job will you be doing?

Cc franknetter
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2017
lionlee216:

Seems like you know more... I believe he will be working at Amazon warehouse or so.. so tell me, what is stowing and what kind of job will you be doing?

Cc franknetter
yes, this is peak period where customers order goods online.
Like I have said, amazon operates four sections: Receiving, Stowing, picking and packing. In one of these, every associate is expected to work in.
Receiving and packing, you are stationed in one working space standing doing your job.
Stowing and picking, you are mobile doing your job.

stowing
As a stower, you will have a scanner held in your hand which you will use to scan product and physically place it into a bar coded shelf location so that the product can be ordered by the customer. You will visually inspect each item for damage prior to placing the item on a shelf as well as ensuring these items are accurate. This will allow you walk several miles, depending on the size of the warehouse, daily over the course of your shift. So, accuracy and speed are required with standing long hour.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Infamous(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
Wheeew. I'm done finally. FrankNetter, you've been awesome. Congratulations on the new job.
Ehe... How's the transcript thing going?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
FrankNetter:

Pls, Frank
Can you take away the Amazon letter you posted for security reason? It is only meant for you and Amazon
Thank you.

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
guiddoti:
Pls, Frank
Can you take away the Amazon letter you posted for security reason? It is only meant for you and Amazon
Thank you.

Done. Thanks

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
Infamous:
Wheeew. I'm done finally. FrankNetter, you've been awesome. Congratulations on the new job.
Ehe... How's the transcript thing going?

I've applied for two schools Chicago state university and Governor state university. If my movement get head, I could get back to school as early as January next year.

After the long wait, my transcript is finally being evaluated. I'm just keeping a close eye on the situation. Thanks for asking.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
guiddoti:
yes, this is peak period where customers order goods online.
Like I have said, amazon operates four sections: Receiving, Stowing, picking and packing. In one of these, every associate is expected to work in.
Receiving and packing, you are stationed in one working space standing doing your job.
Stowing and picking, you are mobile doing your job.

stowing
As a stower, you will have a scanner held in your hand which you will use to scan product and physically place it into a bar coded shelf location so that the product can be ordered by the customer. You will visually inspect each item for damage prior to placing the item on a shelf as well as ensuring these items are accurate. This will allow you walk several miles, depending on the size of the warehouse, daily over the course of your shift. So, accuracy and speed are required with standing long hour.

Thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jimikata(m): 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hello op, congrats in advance on your new job.
I want to ask, how much is the expected tax to pay on your income on the above job?
is the tax payable to state/ federal?
thanks.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
jimikata:
I want to ask, how much is the expected tax to pay on your income on the above job?
thanks.

From my experience with burger king, you don't manually pay the income tax. They deduct it automatically before the cash is paid into your account. I think both state and federal collect their cut from your pay check but all the deductions are documented on your paystub (which is a document showing hrs you worked, how much you're paid per hour, estimated income per annum and tax deducted).

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
jimikata:
thanks.
I doubt if he will know now until he starts collecting payslips

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
jimikata:
thanks.

Sample of a paystub

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Infamous(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
FrankNetter:

I've applied for two schools Chicago state university and Governor state university. If my movement get head, I could get back to school as early as January next year.

After the long wait, my transcript is finally being evaluated. I'm just keeping a close eye on the situation. Thanks for asking.
Ok. Good.
I can't remember exactly, but i think i read that you already have a degree. Am i right? If so, what degree is that? I already have one and i was thinking of going to canada for med school.
I have also been told that medicine is regarded as a second degree in yankee and canada. Can you enlghten me more on the process as seen in the US?

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jimikata(m): 10:19am On Nov 25, 2017
lionlee216:

Sample of a paystub
Thanks at lionlee216.
but, what is FICA deduction?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2017
jimikata:
Thanks at lionlee216.
but, what is FICA deduction?

What is the 'Federal Insurance Contributions Act - FICA'
The Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) is a U.S. law that creates a payroll tax requiring a deduction from the paychecks of employees as well as a contribution from employers. The withheld amounts go towards the funding of the Social Security program and Medicare. For self-employed persons, there is an equivalent law called the Self-Employed Contributions Act (SECA).

Read more: Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fica.asp#ixzz4zT6KxxMK
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
FrankNetter:

Hmmm....waiting g for Amazon job....the pay is good. ... but damn!...you literally have to sweat for it! ...hope you been jogging and doing frog jumps....squatssss and weight lifting! Good luck!... it's a job to keep you in shape...by force!
Get use to this scenery!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by PDPGuy: 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
The court room where Trump could face a civil lawsuit

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
PDPGuy:
The courtroom where Trump could face a civil lawsuit
I recently read Eminem attacked Pontus. The content of the said was not stated in the article apart that he was angry Trump didn't give attention to him.

Honestly, I have not read any American presidents that aren't diplomat like Trump

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.