Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:35 PM

Ambode Raises Police Death Insurance To N10m, Donates 45 Power Bikes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Raises Police Death Insurance To N10m, Donates 45 Power Bikes (14501 Views)

RRS Patrols Lagos With Power Bikes (Photos) / Lagos State Government Donates Power-Bikes, World Class Equipment To LRU Unit / Yusuf Buhari Secretly Acquired Power-Bikes, DSS Operatives Sacked - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Ambode Raises Police Death Insurance To N10m, Donates 45 Power Bikes by Ajibel(m): 5:51am On Dec 07, 2016
aresa:

What I posted has nothing to do with election or Fashola Vs Ambode, it was based on solid performance and what he really should be doing or have been doing instead of cosmetics here and there.

It's almost 2 years and we still don't have any serious or visionary work on his part, we are talking about a very rich state with the largest operating state budget in West Africa, even his 2017 budget is twice more than Fashola's largest budget.

Donating stuff and caring for the police command in Lagos state is of course a good thing, but we need strong direction and clear signals where and what his priorities are regarding the future of Lagos sate..

His predecessor at the same time was commissioning multiple projects from hospitals to water works, power plant, schools, roads, bridges and so on, but Ambode is yet to move beyond donating to police and bad and hurriedly done roads.

Well I am amazed if you say you haven't seen Ambode's direction and signals over a year now since he was sworn in.

1. He is now moving into the rural areas in a bid to open up the areas for commercial activities. What Ambode has done differently is to allow his commissioners to do the flag-off/ commissioning most of the time

2. Most of his own projects and ideas are actually capital intensive. Also,note that some of the projects are in a way something that has been thought of in the past but due to paucity of funds couldnt be started. Eg: 4th mainland bridge, metro rails. An increase in his budget compared to FASH era is so that these projects can kick-off.

3. You should agree with me now that LASG has moved beyond making a show when a new school or road has been completed.

You should give Ambode a chance and realize that everyone has his own brand of governance. I dont expect him to be like FASH. We can never have someone like FASH again in Lagos but so far so good, Ambode has done creditably well.

On to his flaws, I mentioned earlier that ambode leaves his commissioners to do the commissioning/ flag-off of new roads. This is one reason we see hurriedly done jobs. I have complained about this too because those given contracts to just want to impress him and it's quite difficult for him to tour through the state to see for himself every construction work ongoing.

For me, so far, the quality of some roads (especially the ones in the rural areas/ inner streets) done under Ambode hasnt been top-notch.

New fly-overs, expressways, Oshodi interchange, Lagos forensic building, world class hospital, smart city, 4th mainland bridge, street lighting cheesy these ones I can remember, are some of what you should be looking forward to soon

We all would be here when we start seeing mot of these ongoing projects completed. By then you yourself would be exhausted grin in creating threads of new completed projects done by this administration wink
Re: Ambode Raises Police Death Insurance To N10m, Donates 45 Power Bikes by iukpe: 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
Death insurance should be followed by salary increase and annual allowances please. I commend the gesture and ask the IG and other governors to emulate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sule Lamido & Wike Commission Reconstructed Ozuoba-Rumosi Road In Rivers(photos) / We Will Use Pension Funds For Infrastructure - FG.. / 2019: Neither APC Nor PDP Should Win - Oby Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.