Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast (32707 Views)

Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma / Lump In The Chest- Graphics Pix Attached / Man Discovers A Lady Has Breast Lump During Sex (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by moshino(m): 1:00am On Dec 09, 2016
delishpot:
The doctor she went to, did he not ask her to do a biopsy? Where they will collect some small piece to check if there are any cancerous cell? Even if it turns out not be be cancer, he still should recommend that she remove the lump as according to her, it is growing bigger in size. Imagine if she leaves it for another 5years. Na wa o.

What is the way forward, what exactly was your suggestion? You basically re-emphasized the problem, how's that any help to the op, he needs people to be part of the solution.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by moshino(m): 1:03am On Dec 09, 2016
yomi007k:
Yea....

Not all lumps are cancers truly but to be on the safer side, an exisional biopsy shud have been done.
I dont joke wt any type of lump because its abnormal.
I suuggest u go to a tertiary govt hospital. Not private I beg.
Be safe.

I concur with you, op should heed to this.

@OP, the breast-feeding part should be the least of your worries now, get to the bottom of the lump first.

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by tobiasbeecher: 1:05am On Dec 09, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
for this words u just said, I pronounce a curse on u, if u don't die before 31st this year know I'm not called
You are called and you're wishing death to an somebody ? What's the teachings of Jesus Christ concerning unbelievers? My friend, you're worst that the atheist you're "cursing" because to him, he is true to what he is, no hypocrisy but I can't say the same about you. You claim to be "called " but your heart is full of evil and wickedness! Ask God for forgiveness for wishing death to his creation.

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by lakamua21: 1:17am On Dec 09, 2016
she has a fibroadenoma. its not dangerous. no fear

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Ruonareignz: 2:22am On Dec 09, 2016
call dis number for prayers.09055144097
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 09, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
for this words u just said, I pronounce a curse on u, if u don't die before 31st this year know I'm not called

Hahahahahaha

31st ??

At least i will get to fucck that your God in the ass when i die

Kid, fucck you, fucck your imaginary curse, fucck your God
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by diva90: 3:01am On Dec 09, 2016
She needs to see another doctor immediately.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by moshino(m): 3:33am On Dec 09, 2016
dominique:
It's just a benign lump or cyst. if it was going to turn cancerous, it would have done so years ago. I don't think it will prevent her from breastfeeding but if she feels uncomfortable about it, she should have it removed. Only the area will be given anaesthesia and the lump will be removed in a matter of minutes.

Which medical school taught you to make diagnosis without a thorough and conclusive medical examination?

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Blessograo(f): 4:51am On Dec 09, 2016
The doctor must be a quack doctor, he said all that without doing a test or biopsy scan or whatever, please take your wife to a better hospital, a benign tumour can be malignant over a certain time so she needs help as soon as possible. We have no idea to what is wrong so she needs to go run some tests.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by SmartBabe(f): 5:21am On Dec 09, 2016
Nutase:
Fear not. God is in control. She will breastfeed your children and both of you will leave till old age.

God is in control?
You see, when she develops cancer and has to go through surgery and Chemo, God will still be in control.

If you have a lump, go to the Hospital and remove it. Yes it will be an operation.

Some people are afraid of surgery, so they do funny things like tradomedical, hoping the lump will melt away or disappear. My dear, that lump is not going anywhere.
If cancer sets in, they begin to beg for surgery, it's often too late to remove it because it has spread.

So the earlier you remove it, the better. Rather ask God to be in control of a successful operation.

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Ajejeje(m): 5:50am On Dec 09, 2016
Please bro any advice will not help, go to a reputable oncology(cancer) center for proper diagnosis preferable teaching hospital GOD WILL HELP YOU.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Rhaspody(m): 6:02am On Dec 09, 2016
Gabriel6:
Hi guyz. i just got newly married and found out that they is a round, hard stuff in one of her breast, i asked her about it, she said it happened when she was 15yrs (now she is 23). she told her mum about it and the mum told her it was a normal thing, that it will soon go. she waited for many years it was still there instead of going it was increasing. and her parent refused doing anything about it, she said she went to hospital on her own, after a doctor examine her he said it was not cancer because cancer does not move but hers does. that it was just a lump. now why i need you guys help is because she is presently pregnant and i don't want a situation where by she won't be able to breast feed the babies. pls to save the life of my unborn babies help me with any way i can solve this problem. epp a brother, and before i forget she is carrying double in her womb.
Such get books. If milk comes out then she can breastfeed
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by ChelseaDr(m): 6:15am On Dec 09, 2016
dominique:

Cancer cells multiply fast especially one such as this that is unchecked. But in this case, the lump has been there for 8 years, I don't think a lump that is potentially cancerous can remain benign for so long. i stand to be corrected though.

I didn't agree with this until I read through your interaction with with yomi007k.

Sure some tumours may remain benign for as long as possible but just needs a trigger to undergo metaplastic transformation.

In this case, like yomi007k suggested, excisional biopsy is what is needed. It could be done while she is pregnant or after puerperium, and just as you pointed out, it will not stop her from breastfeeding her children.

keep it up dearie!!
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by vickylala239: 6:16am On Dec 09, 2016
Gabriel6:
Hi guyz. i just got newly married and found out that they is a round, hard stuff in one of her breast, i asked her about it, she said it happened when she was 15yrs (now she is 23). she told her mum about it and the mum told her it was a normal thing, that it will soon go. she waited for many years it was still there instead of going it was increasing. and her parent refused doing anything about it, she said she went to hospital on her own, after a doctor examine her he said it was not cancer because cancer does not move but hers does. that it was just a lump. now why i need you guys help is because she is presently pregnant and i don't want a situation where by she won't be able to breast feed the babies. pls to save the life of my unborn babies help me with any way i can solve this problem. epp a brother, and before i forget she is carrying double in her womb.

How cum yourself didn't notice...

You dated ha and you did reach there....

Some bad things Are good sha....

Cuz if u had u culd Hv found a solution long ago.....

All d Same Let her meet a doctor
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Atb4life22(m): 6:21am On Dec 09, 2016
Baba Ibeji. It is well. Na small matter, God will handle it
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by ChelseaDr(m): 6:28am On Dec 09, 2016
chidi1:

Agreed. However, I just think yearly clinical exam is all she needs. I do not think she needs any invasive procedures (not even a biopsy, due to possible effects on breast symmetry down the line, especially for her age). This is fibroadenoma, I believe, due to her age and clinical presentation. Phylloides would definitely look scarier on presentation and would also grow quicker. Common things being colon though.

Fibroadenoma is a histological diagnosis, not a clinical diagnosis. I don't get it when you talk of biopsy affecting breast symmetry....? Like seriously?

Malignancy respects no cosmesis bro, she needs an excisional biopsy(if you get what I mean by that) either during or after pregnancy

cheers!!
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by joyandfaith: 6:33am On Dec 09, 2016
op@ meet a pathologist. he would use need to aspirate fluid materials from lump and analyze the contents of the materials. under the microscope, the pathologist will determine if it is cancerous or not. the result of this test called fnac cytology will be discussed with a surgeon not gynecologist who will decide next line of action-type of surgery to be done.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Mmalisticmma(f): 6:35am On Dec 09, 2016
Bro, I would have tell u one natural drug that would hav dissolve d lump but she's pregnant already. No problem God will be with her and after delivery, inbox me. Good luck 2 ur unborn babies.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Austin4lif: 6:44am On Dec 09, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

The Lord's chosen ??

To do what ?? To go see your imaginary friend who turned water into wine but couldn't handle 3 nails on the cross

Some people are naturally dumb

Jesus can just cure small illness and diseases and his children are here on earth drinking garri without sugar ??

So, your Jesus friend can heal sick people and Pastors, Bishops and Popes are here dieing like goats
AfonjaStinks:

The Lord's chosen ??

To do what ?? To go see your imaginary friend who turned water into wine but couldn't handle 3 nails on the cross

Jesus can just cure small illness and diseases and his children are here on earth drinking garri without sugar ??

So, your Jesus friend can heal sick people and Pastors, Bishops and Popes are here dieing like goats
AfonjaStinks:

The Lord's chosen ??

repent
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by klassykute(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
dominique:
It's just a benign lump or cyst. if it was going to turn cancerous, it would have done so years ago. I don't think it will prevent her from breastfeeding but if she feels uncomfortable about it, she should have it removed. Only the area will be given anaesthesia and the lump will be removed in a matter of minutes.
is dis d Dominique weve been tagging? Babe is dat u?
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nutase: 6:46am On Dec 09, 2016
SmartBabe:

God is in control?
You see, when she develops cancer and has to go through surgery and Chemo, God will still be in control.

If you have a lump, go to the Hospital and remove it. Yes it will be an operation.

Some people are afraid of surgery, so they do funny things like tradomedical, hoping the lump will melt away or disappear. My dear, that lump is not going anywhere.
If cancer sets in, they begin to beg for surgery, it's often too late to remove it because it has spread.

So the earlier you remove it, the better. Rather ask God to be in control of a successful operation.
nanizle:

^^^^ Ridiculous advice. I'd guess you'd also say God put the lump there to test her faith.
@OP Please visit a general hospital for you wife to get proper checks and the best medical advice going forward.
I know someone that got something si
SmartBabe post=51761480:

God is in control?
milar at around the same age. Her parents had the lumps surgically removed asap. She's been doing fine ever since.
i guess you all missed the part were they went to the hospital and they told him it wasn't cancer. Pessimism is a disease of a troubled and sadistic soul. I'm sure y'all want me too scare him instead of encourage him and help him find hope in this situation. I'll be the last person to ask them not to seek medical help.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 09, 2016
Austin4lif:
[left][/left]repent

I will repaint your brain
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nutase: 6:56am On Dec 09, 2016
ogtavia:
but 'leave' and go where?
to your village Mr English.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 09, 2016
sonnie10:

Surgeon already? Not even pathologist and then radiologist since she has seen her primary care

A surgeon will assess and request for either an excisional biopsy or a mammography
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by WiziAgoziee(m): 7:27am On Dec 09, 2016
Boss...do the need full it will cost you just little money to have the lumps removed....my mom own was removed in 2006 at kings care hospital wuse zone 4 Abuja...just little money...the earlier the better give it a try..naija doctors said na normal lumps when the India doctor there saw it he said no way surgery straight... Removing lumps is not risky at all its minor surgery... Her eyes will be open when they work on her... They will bring it out and stitch it back they give her pain killers that's all

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 09, 2016
dominique:
my dear, lumps can be very painful tho I don't have a first hand experience but I've seen someone who was operated because of it, moreover she's pregnant and expecting twins, it can be dangerous. Oga please take her to a government hospital not private biko.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by yomi007k(m): 8:05am On Dec 09, 2016
ChelseaDr:

I didn't agree with this until I read through your interaction with with yomi007k.

Sure some tumours may remain benign for as long as possible but just needs a trigger to undergo metaplastic transformation.

In this case, like yomi007k suggested, excisional biopsy is what is needed. It could be done while she is pregnant or after puerperium, and just as you pointed out, it will not stop her from breastfeeding her children.

keep it up dearie!!

Ma chief. ...I hail
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 09, 2016
I'm sure its just fibrodenoma Had mine removed few years ago and it was just a minor surgery She should get it removed so it can can tested to know if it cancerous or not

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Gemc3(f): 8:16am On Dec 09, 2016
She needs to get it removed. I dunno why her parents didn't think to take it serious. A lump is not something you just leave because they said it isn't cancerous. It needs to go cos it is not normal. Visit a good doctor to find out the best time to get it removed. Thank you.

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by delishpot: 8:19am On Dec 09, 2016
moshino:

What is the way forward, what exactly was your suggestion? You basically re-emphasized the problem, how's that any help to the op, he needs people to be part of the solution.

You choose not to see any suggestion in what I typed or you we're just too earger to quote me?
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by nevilbot: 8:21am On Dec 09, 2016
Bros wat ur wife has is called a breast mouse in pathology. It is medically a fibroadenoma.

Fibroadenoma (Breast 'Mouse') A fibroadenoma usually appears as a well-defined, firm lump in the breast. They are often very mobile, hence the name breast 'mouse'. These benign lumps represent an alteration in the normal development of the breast and are dependent on the sex hormone oestrogen.

It will continue to grow bigger if not removed surgically cus it depends on d sex hormone for its growth. Its not cancerous but u should go to a hospital and av it removed

Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease / Can A Woman Be Pregnant For 9 Months Without Knowing She's Pregnant? / Impact Of Masturbation On Fertility

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58