Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast (32708 Views)

Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma / Lump In The Chest- Graphics Pix Attached / Man Discovers A Lady Has Breast Lump During Sex (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by delishpot: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2016
Mmalisticmma:
Bro, I would have tell u one natural drug that would hav dissolve d lump but she's pregnant already. No problem God will be with her and after delivery, inbox me. Good luck 2 ur unborn babies.

Sorry I no read am well. Abeg, tell is the name of your natural drug
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by ruggedadventure(m): 8:28am On Dec 09, 2016
Not all lumps r cancerous
Let her go get it removed and she'll be fine by God's grace
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by pestrolus2002(m): 8:30am On Dec 09, 2016
bettercreature:
Exactly! they are in the best position to help him
work or gynecologist doesn't include breast sir, breast are meant for Surgeons.. As at this moment that we are talking
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by bettercreature(m): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2016
pestrolus2002:
work or gynecologist doesn't include breast sir, breast are meant for Surgeons.. As at this moment that we are talking
I was not talking about gynecologist,i was simply telling him to go to the doctor
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 09, 2016
paulibling:

Bia enyia i selu akwukwo nsi.

Wetin concern gynecologist and lump on the chest. Thank God for this plumber.

Make I helep you; na oncologist get the business.
Next time use Google if u no shabi chomthing.

Ok I'll Google search it.. will that be all?
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by dubbiskelly(m): 8:45am On Dec 09, 2016
dubbiskelly:
It's probably a benign growth that can be excised via a lumpectomy as an out patient surgery case. But have her checked out by a medical professionly first.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Austin4lif: 8:47am On Dec 09, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I will repaint your brain
hmmm, why am I even joining Words with a human being like you
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by nkypat: 9:09am On Dec 09, 2016
@poster.it happened to someone I know.pls take her to hospital for them to operate on it before is too late.she can still breastfeed your children.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by chidi1: 9:29am On Dec 09, 2016
The chance of a 23 year old getting breast cancer is next to none (except, of course, there is a family history). Fibroadenoma is CONFIRMED with a biopsy but as a physician, you can reasonably make a diagnosis based on clinical presentation. I strongly recommend you look up the recent ACS breast cancer recommendations.

ChelseaDr:

Fibroadenoma is a histological diagnosis, not a clinical diagnosis. I don't get it when you talk of biopsy affecting breast symmetry....? Like seriously?

Malignancy respects no cosmesis bro, she needs an excisional biopsy(if you get what I mean by that) either during or after pregnancy

cheers!!

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by lakeside30: 9:50am On Dec 09, 2016
no need to worry I have one too at my back
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Sexyolori(f): 9:53am On Dec 09, 2016
Please let your wife see a doctor in a teaching hospital. Then she will be asked to do a biopsy after which the sample will be sent for histology to determine if it's benign or cancerous. Please encourage her to do so...
It's a minor surgery, she will just be given analgesic on that breast to kill the pain and she will be back home the same day.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Gabriel6(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2016
I really appreciate all that has given me one solution or the other, and those of u asking for the pic of my wife's boobs, fear God. and pls can any one direct me to any breast clinic where this problem can be taken care of?
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Gabriel6(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2016
Charly68:
To remove it is very simple for the medical experts..please see consultants oooo! My wife had similar experience but we remove fast & it was tested and confirmed not cancerous but for us to be on the save side it was done anyway . You won't even know it was operated upon.. Thanks be God for medical science.
pls how much did it cost u
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Sexyolori(f): 10:31am On Dec 09, 2016
Gabriel6:
I really appreciate all that has given me one solution or the other, and those of u asking for the pic of my wife's boobs, fear God. and pls can any one direct me to any breast clinic where this problem can be taken care of?

It doesn't need to be a breast clinic,a teaching hospital is perfect. Where are you based? It cost less than 30k in UNTH

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Charly68: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2016
Gabriel6:
pls how much did it cost u
I can't remember exactly it was six years ago. I don't think it is a big surgery . Fear not!
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2016
Gabriel6:
Hi guyz. i just got newly married and found out that they is a round, hard stuff in one of her breast, i asked her about it, she said it happened when she was 15yrs (now she is 23). she told her mum about it and the mum told her it was a normal thing, that it will soon go. she waited for many years it was still there instead of going it was increasing. and her parent refused doing anything about it, she said she went to hospital on her own, after a doctor examine her he said it was not cancer because cancer does not move but hers does. that it was just a lump. now why i need you guys help is because she is presently pregnant and i don't want a situation where by she won't be able to breast feed the babies. pls to save the life of my unborn babies help me with any way i can solve this problem. epp a brother, and before i forget she is carrying double in her womb.

well jst as uv explained, a friend of mine also encounterd that on her left breast...so she ran to d hospital jst last week...she has to remove it.cos the doctor told her if its took so long it will affect the second breast nd it bcomes bigger..so she operated it with 50k...now she is free frm it...so pls hurry go do it nw
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by ChelseaDr(m): 10:43am On Dec 09, 2016
yomi007k:

Ma chief. ...I hail
Oga mi, I dey loyal.....keep spreading the good tiding
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by abisolaarshow(f): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Gabriel6:

Hi, i had one removed when i was 15 and am removing 2 next week again . Am not taking chances cos my great grand ma had breast cancer. You can use any good govt hospital or teaching hospitals. You might have to spend almost a day on your visit cos of crowd and it might take up to a month before she can be scheduled for surgery but try to wait patiently.

I have done a lot of research to get natural remedies but am not sure there is any to get rid of it completely or maybe i dont have alot of time to watch and wait cos of my history . The lumps actually reduced a great deal in size after i tried some things in 2 months but not completely gone.

She needs to avoid some foods too to prevent recurrence or to reduce chances of recurrence. Please google and read up.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by ogtavia(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2016
Nutase:
to your village Mr English.
hehehe...
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by leunseyis(m): 11:21am On Dec 09, 2016
When u said babies I guessed twins b4 u now conclude. It is well IJN.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by foody(f): 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
nanizle:

Your logic just gave me cancer embarassed

It's quite sad you've been conditioned this way.

OP please don't listen to those saying that you should visit one prayer house or the other. It won't solve anything. Pay a visit asap to a general hospital or one of those big private hospitals if it's within your budget.
HI did you read what I wrote.... You can also.... Means I addition to all the advice given add this to it. That is the meaning of you can also....
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by sonnie10: 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
casket:

A surgeon will assess and request for either an excisional biopsy or a mammography

That is not the right sequence. It goes like this; from her primary care (assesmemt) to radiologist and pathologist (diagnostic-evaluation ) and then surgeon (intervention)
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nutase: 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
ogtavia:
hehehe...
tongue
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by DeevaB: 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
Gabriel6:

Preferably go to a teaching hospital. It is a day case surgery, she will be released to go home that same day. . Good thing the histology result showed it wasn't cancerous.

No worries sir.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by DBestDoc(f): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
Gabriel6:
Hi guyz. i just got newly married and found out that they is a round, hard stuff in one of her breast, i asked her about it, she said it happened when she was 15yrs (now she is 23). she told her mum about it and the mum told her it was a normal thing, that it will soon go. she waited for many years it was still there instead of going it was increasing. and her parent refused doing anything about it, she said she went to hospital on her own, after a doctor examine her he said it was not cancer because cancer does not move but hers does. that it was just a lump. now why i need you guys help is because she is presently pregnant and i don't want a situation where by she won't be able to breast feed the babies. pls to save the life of my unborn babies help me with any way i can solve this problem. epp a brother, and before i forget she is carrying double in her womb.

I think what your wife has is a fibroadenoma from the history you gave, it's mostly seen in women her age although, only a tissue biopsy can give the definitive diagnosis.

Try and calm down, there isn't much cause for alarm. It may increase in size even more now that she's pregnant due to hormonal effects, but that shouldn't stress you.
I advice she gets a lumpectomy done after she stops breastfeeding. It's a pretty much easy procedure.

I had one myself, and it was removed exactly 4 years after i discovered it. that's to tell you how slowly it grows. But i strongly recommend it be removed as soon as you guys can 'cause it doesn't belong there.
A biopsy can be done first to determine the need for urgent surgery. This is a very inexpensive way to put your mind at rest.

BTW, from your write-up, it seems you're hardly concerned bout the outcome on your wife. Your worry is bout breast milk for your unborn children.
sounds kinda selfish to me embarassed.

All the best!

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 4:09am On Dec 18, 2019
Mmalisticmma:
Bro, I would have tell u one natural drug that would hav dissolve d lump but she's pregnant already. No problem God will be with her and after delivery, inbox me. Good luck 2 ur unborn babies.

Please what drug is that?
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 18, 2019
abisolaarshow:

Hi, i had one removed when i was 15 and am removing 2 next week again . Am not taking chances cos my great grand ma had breast cancer. You can use any good govt hospital or teaching hospitals. You might have to spend almost a day on your visit cos of crowd and it might take up to a month before she can be scheduled for surgery but try to wait patiently.

I have done a lot of research to get natural remedies but am not sure there is any to get rid of it completely or maybe i dont have alot of time to watch and wait cos of my history . The lumps actually reduced a great deal in size after i tried some things in 2 months but not completely gone.

She needs to avoid some foods too to prevent recurrence or to reduce chances of recurrence. Please google and read up.

Please what you tried that help reduce the lump?

Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease / Can A Woman Be Pregnant For 9 Months Without Knowing She's Pregnant? / Impact Of Masturbation On Fertility