Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. (10609 Views)

NNPC Tasks Workers On Recession / Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs / Recession: Workers Await Review Of Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by mapet: 9:33am On Dec 09, 2016
gypsey:
so who are the people who buy this scraps from the scavengers? and do you know who buys from the buyers of the scavengers? were does this scrap, waste ends up ultimately? pardon my curiosity it's just that i might want to invest in these venture grin

Few examples

1. Metal scraps - Smelting coys in Ikorodu - Sagamu axis
2. Plastic scraps - potential exporters - Markets in Europe (Italy) and Asia (China).

There is a lot of learnings involved in Waste business. I am 7yrs rusty, but can pick stuff off my head
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 09, 2016
mapet:

Thanks Bros, Memories.......... I have sitting in my folder a N100m business plan on Waste management......Hopefully I will pick it up 2018........

I suggest you connect with Lagos state government. They are really doing a lot in this regard and are working with private sector guys
you are on the Right track, look! most nigerians would not see or understand were you are comming from. some will even make a mockery of it, which is typical of them, just because one is not into things like music, celebrity, and all other get Rich quick and unsustainable ventures in nigeria no one or alteasts the ignorant one would take one serious.
you will definitely get your wish, Good luck with it.

i will get in contact with the Lagos state gorvernment when ever i am in the country and see how i can work with them on a medium scale. i ve got four dumbster trucks standby already in nigeria.
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 09, 2016
mapet:

Few examples

1. Metal scraps - Smelting coys in Ikorodu - Sagamu axis
2. Plastic scraps - potential exporters - Markets in Europe (Italy) and Asia (China).

There is a lot of learnings involved in Waste business. I am 7yrs rusty, but can pick stuff off my head
thanks, very educative, i ve sure learnt something from you today. Rusty? grin No worry your brains still dey there! i am aware of china but just added to my knowledge on Italy and Asia credits to you.
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by ephi123(f): 10:25am On Dec 09, 2016
9jakohai:
Very sad....but at the same time, if Nigerians can use this opportunity to turn waste to wealth....ie set up recycling plants.....this can take us out of recession and provide more jobs.

It isn't bad news.

What some rich investors should do is turn the waste to useful things....like building power plats fuelled by waste, and using the raw materials from waste to fuel our industrial development.

There is a silver lining in every cloud.

Most sensible thing I have read on Nairaland all week. Thanks for this refreshing post.
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by rawpadgin(m): 11:12am On Dec 09, 2016
Afritop:

HOW MUCH DO YOU EARN ANNUALLY IN YOUR JOB
if u can pay me 1.5 & about i will quit my job
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
THEY JUST LEARNT IT FROM IGBOS LIKE TODAY AND THEY MAKE A LITTLE MONEY THEN STARTS ANNOUNCING IT......IGBO HUSTLERS HAVE BEEN DOING THAT SINCE THE WAR ENDED AND HAVE BEEN PASSING IT DOWN TO GENERATIONS OF POOR AND HOMELESS KIDS TO MAKE MONEY IN SOUTH-EAST......I WAS ONE OF THEM WHEN I CAME TO ANAMBRA STATE AS A HOUSE HELP IN 2003....I WAS 13 YEARS OF AGE....AFTER SEELING FEW BOWLS OF PURE WATER I AND MY FRNDS WILL MOVE TO AKUZOR DUMP SITE JUST BEHIND TARZAN JUNCTION NKPOR AGU ANAMBRA STATE.....WE SELL THE SCRAPS AT THE UPPER SIDE OF THAT SAME JUNCTION THERE AND MAKE MONEY.....ITS NOT A MATTER OF FINE BOI OR NOT SOME US I MEAN SOME ADULT ONES THEN USE TO PUT ON EAR RINGS SOME PLAIT HAIR AND IF U SEE THEM AFTER THE HUSTLE U WONT KNOW. SOUTH-EASTERNERS HAVE CHILD HUSTLERS THAT MAKE MONEY SOME ADULT GRADUATES DON'T......IT AINT NEWS
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by grodt999: 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
chemicalDisease:
85k a month.
pls u guys should fear God nah!

Height of stupidity:::
how can anyone fear something they have no physical or scientific evidence of?
What did white people put in you people's medula when they colonized your ancestors?
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by Emempaul(m): 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by ibrolamin(m): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
لَعنَةُ اللَّه عٓلٓى القٓومُ الفُلٓنِي وٓ قٓومُ الْجِنِّ هُمُ السَّحَرَةُ وَالسِّحرُ
لَعنَةُ اللَّه عٓلٓى القٓومُ الفُلٓنِي وٓ قٓومُ الْجِنِّ فِي الدُّنيا وَالآخِرَة
لَعنَةُ اللَّه عٓلٓى القٓومُ الفُلٓنِي وٓ قٓومُ الْجِنِّ هُمُ الظٓالِمِينٓ
لَعنَةُ اللَّه عٓلٓى القٓومُ الفُلٓنِي وٓ قٓومُ الْجِنِّ هُمُ ﺍﻟﻜٓﺎﺫِبِينٓ
لَعنَةُ اللَّه عٓلٓى القٓومُ الفُلٓنِي هُمُ الحِزْبُ الشٓيْطٓنِ الرّٓجِيْمُ
لَعنَةُ اللَّه عٓلٓى القٓومُ الفُلٓنِي وٓ قٓومُ الْجِنِّ هُمُ المُجْرِمِينٓ
لَعنَةُ اللَّه عٓلٓى القٓومُ الفُلٓنِي وٓ قٓومُ الْجِنِّ هُمُ حَاسِدٍ
لَعنَةُ اللَّه عٓلٓى القٓومُ الفُلٓنِي وٓ قٓومُ الْجِنِّ هُمُ الجٓهِلِينٓ
لَعنَةُ اللَّه عٓلٓى القٓومُ الفُلٓنِي وٓ قٓومُ الْجِنِّ هُمُ الخاسِرونَ

(اَللّٰهُمَّ أٓمِينْ)
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by kenerek: 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
Recession is a time for strategic planning.There is the article is read on KAY-CEE INSPIRES www.kayceeinspires.com .It gives a insight on how to survive during a recession.
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by olagamalin(m): 11:49am On May 28, 2017
mapet:

Bros,

Without a certified stats, your submission falls flat. There is a young lady from Kwara state, a graduate of Uni-Ilorin that started We-cyclers. She is trendly internationally at the moment.

My business plan/MBA project at business school 7-8years ago was on Waste Management Business and I can tell you that this is an industry that is under-tapped, yet-to-be structured, yet there is a lot of money being made by people already in it. If the journalist that put up the rubbish report is not lazy, he would have found out that these scavengers are actually feeders to bigger collectors in the value-chain. For example, there is a huge demand from China for plastic pellets. The scavengers to feed this market collect as little as pure-water sachet which is processed into pellets.

These people collect with raffia bags, We-cyclers collect with customized tricycles. Graduates are coming into this business and will "spin" the industry

Hello Sir, Can I read your Project on the subject matter

Olagamalin@gmail.com
Re: Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
rawpadgin:
shebi lagosians voted for buhari

them never see anything

Going to school is not intelligence ...you clearly do not read as any one who reads knows bihari ( as much as idislike his management) did not cause Nigerian economical problem

This was a time bomb waiting to explode it actually stated during ibb time go and read ..corruption got to its peak during gej and even if gej had attempted he would never have been able to fix Nigeria problem in 16 years

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. / Ogun Labour Leaders address workers from bush for fear of thugs / Do You Enjoy Your Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.