Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,064 members, 7,845,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism (962 Views)

My Widowed Mum Is Trying To Marry *opinions / Name The Top 5 Friendliest Female Romancelanders / Top 10 Male Handsome Romancelanders With The Highest Likes On D.P 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
So I have been away from NL for some days and I just got back. I saw some threads where people were complaining about tribalism and I decided to finally bare my mind about this issue.
Some of the things I've noticed on NL are:

•Most threads don't start out as a tribal war. Most threads are just what the op feels about a specific tribe which we all are not obligated to agree to. But when someone else feels their tribe wasn't complimented enough or at all, they will tag it "tribalism" then others will join the movement and start a war.

• Tribalism means different things to different people and at different times. If there's a thread that states "why Fulani women are the most beautiful women in africa", the yorubas may find it tribalistic. If a thread states why "Yorubas are the most intelligent people in Nigeria", Igbos may find it tribalistic as opposed to if the thread was "Igbos are the most intelligent people in Nigeria".

We all have to understand that this is an open forum and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. We don't have to agree with the opinions of others but we shouldn't be so quick to fly the tribalism flag because we don't agree with people. Let's see threads as what they are (the op's opinion) and not as a sign to begin a tribal war or insult each other.
#Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by optional1(f): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
ok.

Abeg op forget about Tribalism and check my signature...
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Mutuwa(m): 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
Qummie:
So I have been away from NL for some days and I just got back. I saw some threads where people were complaining about tribalism and I decided to finally bare my mind about this issue.

•Most threads don't start out as a tribal war. Most threads are just what the op feels about a specific tribe which we all are not obligated to agree to. But when someone else feels their tribe wasn't complimented enough or at all, they will tag it "tribalism" then others will join the movement and start a war.

• Tribalism means different things to different people and at different times. If there's a thread that states "why Fulani women are the most beautiful women in africa", the yorubas may find it tribalistic. If a thread states why "Yorubas are the most intelligent people in Nigeria", Igbos may find it tribalistic as opposed to if the thread was "Igbos are the most intelligent people in Nigeriq".

We all have to understand that this is an open forum and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. We don't have to agree with the opinions of others but we shouldn't be so quick to fly the tribalism flag because we don't agree with people. Let's see threads as what they are (the op's opinion) and not as a sign to begin a tribal war or insult each other.
#Peace

smiley

Two young boys were having a confab on "what will you do if you find N50 on the ground".Mind you this was just theme of discussion amongst two good friends.One of them opined that if he finds such note,he would only give the other friend N10.

This discussion escalated to fisticuffs.Along the line,the dad to the aggrieved one was passing by and made inquiry on what instigated the altercation.As he was told he also joined in beating his child's friend,for planning to give his son N10.

Moral: Life is difficult but more difficult if one is stupid.
People who read not to understand,but to reply even when the reply doesn't make sense are indeed stupid.
Tribalism is an inferiority complex.There is no best or perfect tribe.We all have our dark and bright days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kunmi where have you been?

And for your #1 point, I'll have to disagree. 'Most' tribal threads started out of tribal hate/bigotry. I would have loved to make reference to some threads but they all deleted. Most of these threads are created to ignite tribal wars. You don't talk negative things about a tribe and expect them to keep mum. Do you? Nah!

On your second point, I'll have to agree with you on thaT. Tribalism means different things to different people at different times. But then, you can't deny the fact tribal bigotry is real here on NL. Very real. As much as I've tried to see all the bigotry as fun, I can't hel but to notice the bitterness behind this tribal bigotry. Take it or leave it, no matter how you see tribalism, it's still won't change the fact that it's REAL ON NAIRALAND

Pardon my blunders. I'll edit when I'm home

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ok..

It's until We start having full blown wars here before you realize
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Chikelue2000(m): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
E be like I go get babe from here o
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
PabloOmoEscobar:
Kunmi where have you been?

And for your #1 point, I'll have to disagree. 'Most' tribal threads started out of tribal hate/bigotry. I would have loved to make reference to some threads but they all deleted. Most of these threads are created to ignite tribal wars. You don't talk negative things about a tribe and expect them to keep mum. Do you? Nah!

On your second point, I'll have to agree with you on thaT. Tribalism means different things to different people at different times. But then, you can't deny the fact tribal bigotry is real here on NL. Very real. As much as I've tried to see all the bigotry as fun, I can't hel but to notice the bitterness behind this tribal bigotry. Take it or leave it, no matter how you see tribalism, it's still won't change the fact that it's REAL ON NAIRALAND

Pardon my blunders. I'll edit when I'm home
I used to think the best way to tackle tribal bigots was to reply and try to win the war but I was wrong. Yes some people create threads to ignite tribalism but if I ignore them, you ignore them and everyone does same, the thread will die a natural death without anyone engaging in a meaningless war of words. That's how I see it.

1 Like

Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Rozaystunna(m): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
Fukk afonjas

1 Like

Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Qummie:

I used to think the best way to tackle tribal bigots was to reply and try to win the war but I was wrong. Yes some people create threads to ignite tribalism but if I ignore them, you ignore them and everyone does same, the thread will die a natural death without anyone engaging in a meaningless war of words. That's how I see it.
How many people could actually ignore like you stated?, how could anyone create a thread on how Yoruba women are the "most" beautiful in Nigeria?.
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by herzern(m): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
Someone insults the Yoruba race,and Op expects me to keep mum grin grin grin

Who does that??

Dont Insult or throw shades at my tribe then we cool!

Most of my tribal rants are jokes tho,I dont take them serious.
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
How many people could actually ignore like you stated?, how could anyone create a thread on how Yoruba women are the "most" beautiful in Nigeria?.

I've seen many threads stating igbo women are the most beautiful in nigeria and I've even seen one stating fulani women are the most beautiful on earth.
You skipped those.
No need to fight over vain stuff as this. Everyone's entitled to his opinion. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by McBrooklyn(m): 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2016

Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
Qummie:

I've seen many threads stating igbo women are the most beautiful in nigeria and I've even seen one stating fulani women are the most beautiful on earth.
You skipped those.
No need to fight over vain stuff as these. Everyone's entitled to his opinion. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I used the "Yoruba" as an example to drive home a point, my bad.
I don't make comments that are tribal oriented, but when people create such threads they should be aware that a conflict in opinion will arise.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
I used the "Yoruba" as an example to drive home a point, my bad.
I don't make comments that are tribal oriented, but when people create such threads they should be aware that a conflict in opinion will arise.
As much as I think people should know where to draw the line between opinions and tribalism, we can't make everyone do that. People will end up doing what they want to not what they're meant to. But if we stop giving them attention, their threads will keep going into oblivion.
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
Qummie:

As much as I think people should know where to draw the line between opinions and tribalism, we can't make everyone do that. People will end up doing what they want to not what they're meant to. But if we stop giving them attention, their threads will keep going into oblivion.
I get your point perfectly, just as i can't be caught dead making tribal comments, there are those who love it, one is above us; you can't stop them. No matter how you preach certain threads offend people who will eventually comment their disdain. grin
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by fijiano202(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
Tribalism and NL works hand in glove
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Opakan2: 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27 how are you?

you've not slept yet, past 9pm o
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
Qummie:

lol. If I ignore and you ignore, what makes you think others will?
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
Opakan2:
Benita27 how are you?

you've not slept yet, past 9pm o
Good and you?.
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Op, I quite disagree with you

You are right about the 'when someone else feels their tribe is not complimented'

BUT those are just hypocrites

Tribalism is when you feel your tribe is the BEST.

It's like racism just in a country

Imagine if a white lady calls you a fool BECAUSE you are black, saying all Africans are ugly and white are the prettiest, most intelligent blablabla

Or saying 'I have noticed most Africans are so bitter blablabla '

Then we will all scream racism right? Cos the person is dumb and putting everybody in a shell
So if someone creates a thread about 'Yoruba women are the most beautiful women on earth' That's tribalism, stupidity at its peek because there are ugly people in every tribe

Now that was a stupid example because it's not that bad

When it comes to things like 'aggressiveness, violence, dishonesty etc' then it gets worse

An ibo politician once said 'Nigerians are jealous of the tribe ibo because we are the best '

Honestly wtf?!

Ibos are NIGERIANS

People should work to build up Nigeria and work together instead of creating more hate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Opakan2: 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
Good and you?.

I'm sweet
won't we see a movie together this festive season?
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
Opakan2:

I'm sweet
won't we see a movie together this festive season?
shocked shocked
If it's fifty shades darker then we can do that. grin cheesy
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Opakan2: 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
shocked shocked
If it's fifty shades darker then we can do that. grin cheesy

darker how?

I don't understand parables o Benita.. which one is it gonna be?
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
Opakan2:

darker how?

I don't understand parables o Benita.. which one is it gonna be?
It's not parables; it's a movie...hasn't been released thou!.
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Opakan2: 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
It's not parables; it's a movie...hasn't been released thou!.

oh

sounds pretty much like that shades of grey. wasn't that interesting
hope this one will

so will you come along when it's time?
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
Opakan2:

oh

sounds pretty much like that shades of grey. wasn't that interesting
hope this one will

so will you come along when it's time?

Till then, the fifty shade of grey was very interesting, goodnight!. grin
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Opakan2: 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
Till then, the fifty shade of grey was very interesting, goodnight!. grin

if you say so.. heard Angelina Jolie was meant to act the babe's part but for some reasons couldn't

when is the proposed release date for this new one?
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
Opakan2:

if you say so.. heard Angelina Jolie was meant to act the babe's part but for some reasons couldn't

when is the proposed release date for this new one?
Febuary 9th, i don't know if she was asked to, but Dakota is a perfect actress for the role, she did great.
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Opakan2: 12:01am On Dec 10, 2016
Benita27:
Febuary 9th, i don't know if she was asked to, but Dakota is a perfect actress for the role, she did great.

Hmmn.. if you say so

you should consider acting or modelling.. like Hollywood
you'd be the new Halle Berry.. pretty and cool with class

Goodnight dear.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by KingRex1(m): 8:43am On Dec 10, 2016
Qummie:

• Tribalism means different things to different people and at different times. If there's a thread that states "why Fulani women are the most beautiful women in africa", the yorubas may find it tribalistic. If a thread states why "Yorubas are the most intelligent people in Nigeria", Igbos may find it tribalistic as opposed to if the thread was "Igbos are the most intelligent people in Nigeria".

#Peace
Sometimes the op's intention is to stir up tribalism
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
KingRex1:

Sometimes the op's intention is to stir up tribalism
True but sometimes it may not be.

STFUareyouGod, are u PabloOmo.Escobar?
Re: Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
Qummie:

True but sometimes it may not be.
sowapa? grin

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!!! My Friend Is Confused / How To Differentiate Wife Material And A Runs Girl / LADIES These Are The 7 Features That Qualify You As Beautiful/pretty.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.