Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook (24111 Views)

Don't Accuse A Lady Of Cheating If You Won't Marry Her / "I Won't Marry A Man I Don't Have Sex With" - Nigerian Lady Reveals Why / Guys,10 Categories Of Ladies You Should Not Deflower If You Won't Marry Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
CoCoLav:

Lol..yes I have.

Ha...don't come and go and go and vex o grin

You hear? cheesy

On a more serious note, there are a thousand mentalities we Nigerians (Africans at Large) need to get out of our heads.

This was debated in Church last Sunday, and I was very fulfilled to see Nigerian Men accept that cooking isn't the Woman's primary role in every Marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by AZeD1(m): 11:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
In 2016, someone's problem is women that can't cook and we wonder why the world is leaving Africa behind.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by naijaboiy: 1:43am On Dec 11, 2016
shumuel:

Rebellion, Laziness, Feminisim, Role switch, Economy meltdown, Girl power e.t.c sad its now so serious.

How have you been bro, see you are active again
i've been good mahn. Just took a rest and yea I'm back. smiley
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Izen: 1:51am On Dec 11, 2016
That's your problem op. I can't marry a man who can't cook either since that's the basis of love these days. Cook me I cook you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by CoCoLav(f): 2:35am On Dec 11, 2016
LastMumu:

Most Calabar girls I know can cook. Come let me teach you how to cook. cheesy

To be clear, I never said I don't know how to cook. I just refuse to be confined to a particular role because of my gender.

What if I don't want to learn?
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by ChynoBEATS: 4:48am On Dec 11, 2016
makydebbie:
My excuse is even weirdundecided
Bae u ehn .. Oya enter dah kitchen now.... Smh! undecided
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by ChynoBEATS: 4:51am On Dec 11, 2016
CoCoLav:
I just refuse to be confined to a particular role because of my gender.
Ifaa knck u ehn... undecided smh ...
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by ChynoBEATS: 4:52am On Dec 11, 2016
Pamelayoung:
Who's this one....who gives a heck whether you marry a good cook or not why are you coming to announce it 2 us mtcheeeeew

Haterrrrrrrrrrr!!! O.... undecided goan learn how to cook shiior tongue
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:55am On Dec 11, 2016
But then again if the lady demands something and u as a man cant meet up that demand and then she decidesw not to marry too everyone loses arent u all deceiving urselves. Anyway its really good if a woman can cook but in some places some women cant cook jack they all eat out.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by sarahade(f): 7:01am On Dec 11, 2016
Tallesty1:
A lady who doesn't know how to cook will have a hard time explaining what she spent her childhood days doing.

She's either an over pampered spoilt baby elephant or a very disobedient lazy child.

There are so many youtube videos out there for her to learn from. There's just no reason.

Must a woman cook your food.
Learn how to cook your own food that's why women don't have respect for you .
Abi what did you do in your childhood days that is special that you cant learn how to cook.
Mtcheeeeew
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Tallesty1(m): 7:12am On Dec 11, 2016
sarahade:

Must a woman cook your food.
Learn how to cook your own food that's why women don't have respect for you .
Abi what did you do in your childhood days that is special that you cant learn how to cook.
Mtcheeeeew

You can always invite me for a cooking competition and I promise to beat you flawlessly.

I have been cooking my own food since I left, I do all my chores and wash all my clothes.

But if I am looking for a wife tomorrow, it will be someone to come in and help me because I can't do all of them and still run my business effectively.

She's coming in to help not to take over completely but if she comes in and insists that I cook all my food and take care of house then her presence is of no use to be.

I will discharge her a get a child or two through baby mamas.

You get it?

And stop jumping into childish conclusion that a man's inability to cook his own food will make women disrespect him. It is baseless and childish.

Some women I know do not want their men to enter their kitchen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 11, 2016
God just love me sha!
most times,mother's don't give their girl child the opportunity to cook.They prefer the gal to watch till they are married.That was d case of my mother
I had to forcefully cook on a day age came back from the market and went to church again.When everyone came back and tasted the food they were shocked.Since then ,nobody eats my food and not confess that Jesus Christ is lord grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by vicben27(m): 7:27am On Dec 11, 2016
am a very gud cook! but i cant settle for a lady who cant cook us a gud meal! wats her forkin use if she cant cook! d way to a mans heart is hez belly n some gud sex after all
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by dingbang(m): 7:39am On Dec 11, 2016
reminiscing:
God just love me sha!
most times,mother's don't give their girl child the opportunity to cook.They prefer the gal to watch till they are married.That was d case of my mother
I had to forcefully cook on a day age came back from the market and went to church again.When everyone came back and tasted the food they were shocked.Since then ,nobody eats my food and not confess that Jesus Christ is lord grin
undecided can u cook a meal without Maggi and it still turns out sweet?
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by dingbang(m): 7:40am On Dec 11, 2016
vicben27:
am a very gud cook! but i cant settle for a lady who cant cook us a gud meal! wats her forkin use if she cant cook! d way to a mans heart is hez belly n some gud sex after all
these ladies just don't have any idea. They think bombom is d way to a man's heart. Mchew

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 11, 2016
dingbang:
undecided can u cook a meal without Maggi and it still turns out sweet?
Lol....
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 11, 2016
chronique:

I agree with the second one. Started cooking and making pastries from age 9. My waec and gce, I had A1 and B2 respectively in food and nutrition. Had the best cake,best juice, best fried rice and salad(according to my teacher then). They emptied all I made, and left me with just 1 small plate of fried rice, and a little portion of cake to take home... When I was much younger, I used to attempt to create my own recipes cos there was always more than enough ingredients to cook at home. There was a day a made one funny fried rice. I added virtually every ingredient in the kitchen, plus things for salad, to the rice. Poured ketchup, salad cream, baked beans, butter pear and different things into it;i mixed everything I could lay my hand on, that looked like it could go with rice. Different packaged spices, were added to it. By the time the food was done, it was tasting like rubber and I couldn't eat it. Had to empty the pot into the bin and clean it up before mum's arrival... Till date, that's the most horrible thing I've ever done in the kitchen and as silly as I was then, I learnt from that experiment, that not everything within reach, is meant for every meal.

Imagine someone who has done all those crazy experiment with food and has grown into a good cook over the years, how possible would it be for a woman to now brag me with food? Even now, I always stay hungry most times when I'm at work, and wait till I get home before fixing my meals which I sometimes eat at 12am... Lol.

I'm sorry to say but I'd just state it clearly. It's almost a taboo for an adult lady to say she can't cook; that shouldn't be heard of.
Those kitchen experiments are hilarious. cheesy grin
Ketchup and salad cream in fried rice. cheesy No wonder it tasted like rubber.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by dingbang(m): 8:16am On Dec 11, 2016
reminiscing:

Lol....
lol den u can't cook yet wink
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by shumuel(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2016
naijaboiy:

i've been good mahn. Just took a rest and yea I'm back. smiley

Its good to have back grin Happy Sunday
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 11, 2016
Silentscreamer:
If she cant cook, u cook for her. Den teach her while at it. Its very romantic for guy to cook for his wife.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 11, 2016
Genea:
don't be stupeeed!!!! Get a house help to cook for yo ass

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by chronique(m): 9:33am On Dec 11, 2016
Benita27:
Those kitchen experiments are hilarious. cheesy grin
Ketchup and salad cream in fried rice. cheesy No wonder it tasted like rubber.

I swear! Was around 12 or so at that time.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 11, 2016
chronique:

I swear! Was around 12 or so at that time.
If you did all that @ 12, then you must have been one of those daring kids.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by chronique(m): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2016
Benita27:
If you did all that @ 12, then you must have been one of those daring kids.

Yes o. Did worse things with my elder sister at around 6 - 8. We lit the cooker during hols, took out a pack of our table tennis balls and poured them into a pot(we wanted to boil eggs like mom used to do... Lol). Poured cough mixture into hot water (only God knows what we were trying to achieve). Na small thing remain make we burn house. Went as far as taking my friends into Dad's room and playing with his rifle, turning mom's make-up kit upside down after painting my face and hands... I did a lot of silly things.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 11, 2016
chronique:

Yes o. Did worse things with my elder sister at around 6 - 8. We lit the cooker during hols, took out a pack of our table tennis balls and poured them into a pot(we wanted to boil eggs like mom used to do... Lol). Poured cough mixture into hot water (only God knows what we were trying to achieve). Na small thing remain make we burn house. Went as far as taking my friends into Dad's room and playing with his rifle, turning mom's make-up kit upside down after painting my face and hands... I did a lot of silly things.
Lol.
It's so kids-like, but thank God you guys didn't burn down the house.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 11, 2016
dingbang:
lol den u can't cook yet wink

I can.....
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by mikolo52076: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2016
Silentscreamer:
If she cant cook, u cook for her. Den teach her while at it. Its very romantic for guy to cook for his wife.
if you start the cooking.. It will never end.. .no start watin u no go fit finish...

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by dingbang(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
reminiscing:

I can.....
i'm looking for a lady who can cook better than my mum, i"d marry her
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by enitey(f): 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Nope. Too long.
The title is sufficient for me to leave a comment.
Edit the title if that wasn't the message you intended to pass across. tongue

Chineke!!!!!!!!
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by david290(m): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
I think what feminism (or modernization) is doing to the brain of our Nigerian ladies is gross. That's why I'll never come close to any lady exhibiting feminism traits. In their warped thinking they feel feminism is about competing with men. Just take a look at how they're asking why men can't cook too!
Hello, we all have our individual roles. That's why it's call family. Saying a married man should become a steady chef/cook is like saying married men should start to carry pregnancy. Or like saying men should start fending and breastfeeding babies. These are things that men may not be able to do because nature has not wired them that way.
And seeing that nature has wired men to be physical and dogmatic, much the reason any responsible man must be responsible and accountable for his family's welfare.
Conclusively I think it all boil down to getting acquainted with someone who understand marriage, very well someone who doesn't see marriage from the feministic angle.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Me! I Think My Wife Is A Witch. / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Set To Marry / Apostle Samuel Kaunda Fiancee Failed To Show Up At Their Wedding In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.